A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New hire - nervous - what would it take for them to fire me? - nervousnellie

Posted: May 04, 2012

Are you saying you *want* 2 be fired? or are - you *nervous* about getting fired?

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe if you explain better you will get some responses.

All MTs have had a new job and probably felt this type of feeling. - IAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you worry and fret all the time while working, you are more prone to make mistakes - and that is how you get fired. The expectation is that you upload a quality and accurate report. So even though you may take a hit in your paycheck in the start of a position, be very accurate, learn the specifics of your account and show up and work your shift. You will hopefully gain speed after the learning curve and you become more familiar with the platform, specifics and dictators.

I cannot think of any MTSO that would fire anyone for turning in a lower line count and yet producing a good report at the beginning of a new position.

Good luck to you and hang in there.

nervous too - llm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know what she means - I am a new hire also and it freaks me out looking at that FIESA report at the end of the day. For the most part they are all 100% but then there will be a few that are low and for reasons that are so ridiculous. I try and make it as accurate as possible but some of the things they mark off for are so stupid and I never had marked off before when I worked for medquist

Dont let them make you nervous with that FIESA - crap; its a ploy to not have

[ In Reply To ..]
to pay out as much incentive. Especially when they are docking you to death for punctuation and words like "the" and "a".

Not sure what they expect when a person is only being paid 4cpl. At that rate you gotta move like speedy gonzales if you wanna make any more than $60 a day.

If its not major or critical dont let it frighten you. Learn from it, but dont let it get you nervous.
FIESA - llm
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the encouragement. It is just so depressing when you feel like you do good and you are meeting their line count requirement and then you pull that up and they are picking apart everything that you have typed!!

Similar Messages:

So Do You Think They Will Fire Me? LOL
Aug 14, 2011

So I am supposed to be working right now..I gave my notice last week that I would be done on August 17th, but I unfortunately am just not feeling the need to finish out the week.  I am leaving because I am unhappy (like many at MQ are)..I have a new job starting on the 23rd with better pay and better hours and I can't wait!  I was looking at my jobs for the last 4 weeks and have noticed I have a 99% (I forgot the word "about") on an audit and a 98.75% on an audit, with just 2 corr ...

MQ Doesn't Need To Fire Or Lay Off
Mar 29, 2010

The evil Q doesn't have to fire or lay anyone off, they can just starve us to death with no work.  ...

Out Of The Fire Into The Frying Pan?
Jan 12, 2013

After almost 10 years of working at home and in house doing MT, and the last 3 at Nuance, I have decided to take a coding course.  I am so demoralized w/Nuance.  Lost my bonus (and I have not gotten sloppy and careless in my time there) and then they made it more difficult to get a bonus; the crummy health insurance, the VR is a joke ("can be twice as fast as typing," but we are absolutely paid 1/2 what we are paid for typing), the offshoring, the drs on cell phones, the horrible ESLs. ...

Is MM Going To Fire Me For Making Below
May 19, 2013

I was working on an account for the last 5 years and was averaging in ASR lines at 329-340 an hour with 100% audits. Then the work got slow and I was moved to another manager and another new account.  Now my average ASR lines are around 170-180 an hour with 100% audits.  At 175 ASR line rate an hour and being part-time, that is 175 x 0.4 a line which comes to 7.00 an hour.  For part-timers, I was told you have to be at 120 lines an hour and I am still a Tier 1.   My s ...

Intrinsics S/l Fire Normally?
Jul 10, 2013

doctor dictated what s/l intrinsics "fire" normally - is fire correct? ...

So They Fire/lay Off A Bunch Of MTs
Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest. ...

Dear God Please Go Ahead And Fire Me Already
Jan 15, 2014

so tired of these "failed audit" emails.  God forbid I get a 99.5.  Please reply with how you are going to change this in the future.  Slow down.     Sorry I can't F'ing slow down i have kids to feed and you cut my pay over $5000 last year.  so fire me and let me collect UE and foodstamps.  OH WAIT you can't because you are constantly out of TAT and begging for people to work because they are all quitting or you fired them already.  My bad ...

S/l Fire Calf Atrophy
Nov 28, 2014

s/l fire calf atrophy - neurologic examination ...

How Does MModal Fire You? I'm Figuring I'll
Dec 17, 2014

I can't pass an audit to save my life...I figure any day now I'll receive a call telling me to log out, even though I've not finished the report I'm on, and I'll be fired.  I'm so sick of feeling like I'm doing my best, only to find out that this little error, or that little error (spacing or period or comma, among others) causes a 0.25 point drop and those puppies add up.  I think 99.5 is an unreasonable level and I'm sick and tired of feeling w ...

Nervous
Mar 02, 2012

waiting for my phone interview to begin....sorta nervous! ...

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire
Sep 26, 2012

I watched a documentary on this fire the other night and mentioned to my SO how it reminded me of being an MT for Nuance.  It seems like sooner or later something very bad is going to happen.  I know it's reaching, but think of the similarities; they were all women, they worked long hours, weekends, made crappy pay and were skilled at what they do, and yet... "Although the floor had a number of exits, including two freight elevators, a fire escape, and stairways down to Greene St ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

NEWBIE GETTING NERVOUS
Aug 29, 2010

I'm new to the profession and new to the boards. I am here just trying to get a feel for the real world in transcription. I have to say the few things I have read on here so far are making me very nervous. I am just finishing my course within the next month or two through Penn Foster so the search for a job is in my near future... These are a few things I am curious about:  Is the MT job market really that bad? What advice can you give me as a new MT? Have any of you MT's out ...

Interviewing Soon And Nervous
Oct 01, 2010

I have an interview coming up and I am a little nervous.  I have not had an interview in years and I don't know what to expect.  The last two times I had interviews with an MTSO, they did not really interview me but instead just told me about the account and wanted to know what shift I wanted to work. For those of you who have been interviewing recently, what was it like?  What questions can I be expected to answer.  Thanks. ...

Nervous Transition
Oct 21, 2011

I have come into transciption within the past four years. This is something I have always wanted to do and finally found a way to get into the field. There does not seem to be alot of money in straight typing, and less in VR. I have always made incentive, but still - its just not enough and I work very hard to get that. Right now, I work for a company with straight typing only, no VR. I am taking a position with a company that has VR and it sounds to me like the position is pre ...

Soon To Be A Nuancer And Am Nervous
Nov 27, 2012

I'm getting ready to have software installed on my computer this week and am having second thoughts after reading the posts on this board.  I'm really upset about the off-shoring that Nuance does and was naive when I applied (I should've checked on the boards first).  I'm not sure if I should back out or give it a try.  The account I'm assigned to supposedly is a new clinic account so everything is up in the air - it'll be straight typing and then mov ...

MT Transitioning Out And Nervous
Jan 25, 2014

Seeking advice from other MTs who are currently in school for another field or have already transitioned out of MT. One semester to go and I will hopefully be prepared to enter a career field that has nothing to do with MT. Problem is, I find myself worrying about working outside the home. I've been an at-home MT for almost 12 years. I have found a new enjoyment being around people in my classes and activities, but I'm so used to the home environment as my workplace. I am ge ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

Webbers, The New Changes Are Making Me Nervous.
Apr 08, 2011

I hate this paranoid feeling like I'm baggage and not part of the team anymore.  Do you think they'll improve communication and it will feel like the old, happy Webmedx again? ...

Applying To SoftScript But Nervous
Nov 12, 2012

Well, I am going to go ahead and apply to SoftScript and I must say I am nervous hearing the negatives about the work, but at the same time if I don't get out of Nuance I will pull my hair out soon. At least I have read a few positives about SoftScript. I have read NO POSITIVES about Nuance. I came in as part of a buyout several years ago and it is scary to think I might be leaving one bad to another bad, but at the same time I think Nuance is trying to push some of us out anyway and I have ...

I Am Already A Nervous Wreck Today
Mar 18, 2014

I know every time the phone rings or I get an Ipswitch email i'm going to have a tiny heart attack lol   The news probably won't come until tomorrow but it's the waiting to determine my whole future that's got me on edge! ...

Amphion, Anything Good Or Bad. I'm Nervous.
Oct 14, 2014

Anyone out there have any experience with Amphion?  Good and bad comments are requested.  I'm nervous about them. ...

Let This Latest Edition Of MM Nonsense Fuel Your Hate Fire.
Sep 10, 2013

I have never been more motivated to get away from this company.  Did you know there are other places to work?? I know - I forget that too sometimes!! When I tell the people in my life what happens to me at work, they are in disbelief.  "What company is this??!!" they say. "My God - what in the world - I would never let anyone keep me shackeled to my computer all day!!" said another. "So let me get this straight, when you 'run out of work,' you have to keep checking back...lik ...

Nervous Waiting On Tests Results For A Job
Jun 27, 2013

I'm worried I didn't pass it. I pored over it with a fine-tooth comb many times, so if it's meant to be, it will be, and if not, it won't. I am really broke though, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I passed it. Can anyone else relate? ...

I Have A Job Interview Tomorrow At A Hospital And I'm So Nervous
Sep 24, 2014

I have a job interview at a huge hospital tomorrow for a medical records analyst.  I'm very excited that I even got a call for an interview, but I'm also scared beyond words.  I haven't had a face-to-face interview in 12 years and I've become such a hermit that I'm scared to death of going for an interview, driving there, answering questions, etc.  I went back to school, just finished and got my degree, applied for this job and now I have an interview so i ...

Work Comp For Nervous Breakdown LOL?
Feb 25, 2015

I probably shouldn't even be complaining considering how bad most people have it at this company (and I spent 4 years waist deep in the existential horror of ever expanding BoBs and ASR so I know it can be so much worse), but sometimes the little stuff just drives me nuts.  The last three months have been a QA rollercoaster.  In December, I flunked my quality audit.  Oh my god, I put "were" instead of "was."  I can see how that's a critical error.  Hundreds of ...

I Am Enrolling In The Andrew's School Next Week And Am Getting Nervous
Jan 24, 2011

Hi. My name is Suzanne and I am enrolling in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding next week, on Tuesday February 1, 2001 and am getting nervous. I am a medical transcriptionist and I want to know if any thing I have done in the last 10 years, such as medical terminology and anatomy, will help me. Of course I will take that part of the course, but I want to know if that will help. Also, I am most nervous about deciphering the codes. I guess what I am asking is how do I know I will be a goo ...

Anyone Happy At Precyse? Just Started, Kind Of Nervous About Their Platform. NM
Sep 12, 2014

xxxxx ...

I Am Putting In My Paperwork For The Andrew's School For Medical Coding And I Am Nervous
Oct 01, 2013

Hi Friends: My name is Suzanne and I am sending in my paperwork to enroll in the Andrew's School for Medical Coding and I am nervous.  I am nervous because I do know I can do it, but what about my age of 57.  I am too old for studying for this field?  I am a medical transcriptionist and have been for 12 years and I am a fast thinker and learner and I know I can do it, but what about the Affordable Care Act and the jobs being outsourced like medical transcription. Can you ...

I Get So Tired Of Waiting On Work. It Actually Makes Me Nervous Sitting By This Computer
Jun 05, 2014

waiting on reports.  Not sure how to handle this.  I am looking for other work but no luck so far.  Do others find this mentally stressful babysitting your computer. ...