A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

From a dialup employee who LIKES 6.1, and I am more concerned now about crackdown on required to sen - ververyoldMQMT

Posted: Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found out that I did not have a netframe file, and took 2 hours getting all loaded down.   Brought it home, praying I would be able to work.  IT WORKED!!!    These changes ARE NOT BAD!!!!    I don't and will not use the CTRL H Header List, for it is a waste of time.  My expanders are all there, and I have always used them for headers.   The skip marker feature is good!!   I really, really like the numbering feature.  And quite frankly, my response time is BETTER since the new upgrade.   I have been here 18 yrs and the pay cuts are bad.  But this upgrade is a good thing by MQ.  Yes, I am sure it is designed so that the ILPs can do the job with no brains.  That is bad.

Now, here is the thing I am concerned about.  In my region we have been told on 2 of our accounts that if you have 3 or more blanks YOU HAVE TO send to QA.  The clients are actually going to send them back.   I normally don't have that many, and I have been using the document look up when it is really bad, but with dial up I cannot keep my connection on because it takes so long to pull down the files.   I am already one who has accepted all the paycuts.  I don't make what some longtermers do, and I have been a Tier 3 for the entire time I have worked for MQ (formerly TL).  This concerns me.  I can't afford to have them dock my pay for some REALLLLLLYYY bad dictators that are on these 2 particular accounts.  It would put me making 1cent a line, and that is just not right.

Do what we are required.  Fighting over this download of 6.1 is not a good thing for those of us working here in the US.   It IS a good program, and I am NOT a cheerleader...

We must be in the same region. - I got the same emails today.

[ In Reply To ..]
I wanted to cry when I thought about a couple of dictators. I am a tier 3 and have been at this a loooong time, but I cannot get less than 3 blanks on a couple of these guys!

BTW, I have already done the download and I agree with you!

That is a travesty - Mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you spoken to your CCM about this? If that is the policy of the hospital and they are plagued with garbled ESL doctors, there should be an exception made so that your pay is not affected by this "rule". It's ludicrous that you should be penalized when in all likelihood, QA is not going to be able to fill in those blanks either.

They SHOULD realize - how counterproductive

[ In Reply To ..]
this is. I have been doing hospital transcription for over 20 years, and 99% of the time when I left a blank and it went to QA, QA could not fill it in. This rule will serve to do nothing but decrease our pay because we will be forced to send reports with over 3 blanks to QA, making us financially take the hit for bad dictators. Glowing essays or no, most of us know that FTR is a delusion.

Similar Messages:

DOL Crackdown On Use Of ICs
Jun 04, 2010

http://www.tasb.org/services/hr_services/hrexchange/2010/May10/dol_crackdown_on_ind.aspx Here it is . . . ...

Crackdown On All Companies Using ICs
Apr 12, 2010

http://www.parade.com/news/intelligence-report/archive/100411-a-crackdown-on-cheating-companies.html Interesting article in Sunday's Parade magazine regarding crackdown on companies using ICs illegally.  ...

A Crackdown On Cheating Companies
Apr 10, 2010

I just bought the early addition of the Sunday paper, and interestingly enough, there is an article with the above-mentioned title on page 16 by Rebecca Webber.  It talks about the high percentage of jobs being created for contractors and consultants.  Unfortunately, many of these companies are misclassifying the workers as contractors when they are in fact being treated as full-time employees.  Sound familiar, ICs?  Obama has allocated 25 million to the Dept. of Labor to co ...

Govt Crackdown On IC Status
Jun 09, 2014

As the govt cracks down on employers claiming to offer IC status and IC status jobs going to be obsolete in the very near future, how many are willing to go to employee status with low pay and strict adherence to set hours ? ...

Who Actually Likes VR/SR?
Oct 09, 2010

Is there anyone here who actually likes voice recognition work? I like it because it is less taxing on my body. I would LOVE it if the pay for my company was better. Who actually likes it? ...

Should I Be Concerned About This?
Mar 08, 2010

Verizon Business has launched the Verizon Medical Data Exchange, a platform to exchange transcribed and digitized physician notes. The vendor developed the platform for the Medical Transcription Service Consortium, established last year by the Medical Transcription Industry Association and the ICSA Labs division of Verizon Business. Two transcription firm members of the consortium, MD-IT and MedQuist, are using the platform. The other vendor members--MxSecure, Sten-Tel and Webmedx--expect to be ...

Concerned Transcender
Apr 13, 2010

Are there any other Transcend MTs out here?   I have been running out of work more lately and my supervisor just tells me to come back on later ...... shouldn't we get out of work pay if we are scheduled to work and there is no work?   Do you know if we can work for Transcend as contractors rather than as an employee so we can have more flexibility?   I am at my wits end here and just don't know what to do. ...

Dare To Be Concerned
May 13, 2012

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone! Dare to have a purpose firm! Dare to make it known.   "Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has." Margaret Mead   I am part of this lawsuit because I want to  make a difference!  It is not about the money.  It is about saving our industry and receiving the respect for our professional knowledge that we have earned.    Have you ever been ...

100 New MT's Coming To M*M. Anyone Concerned
May 21, 2012

Is it just me, or would I be concerned 100+ folks are coming to M*M this week? Does anyone get concerned about this, such as going from FT to PT due to the pressure of tons of typists? ...

Concern Or Concerned???
Jan 06, 2015

He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concerned about him.   He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concern about him.   should this be changed to concerned?   ...

Softscript Likes/dislikes?--sm
Dec 21, 2009

Thinking about applying to Softscript.  If you have worked for them could you please tell me likes and/or dislikes? It says on their website they do not outsource, does anybody know if this is true or not? TIA!! ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

Is There Anyone Here Who Likes Working For SoftScript
Aug 28, 2012

I have a job interview with them.  Need to hear from those who are satisfied with working there.  I have heard off the negatives.  Are there any positives?  What about bennies, cents per line, incentives.  What type of insurance offere and what are the premiums.  TIA ...

With All The Statistics MMmodal Likes To Keep On Us,
Feb 11, 2013

I would like to know how much time per week total I spend waiting for another job to download after uploading my last one.  Come on guys, watchu afraid of? ...

Who Here Likes/loves Nuance??
Mar 12, 2013

I would love to know if anybody actually likes or loves their work at Nuance.  I have recently lost my job to MModal, yet one more time (MedQuist before) and am applying and testing. I have done and passed everything but the typing test, should I even bother??  Oh and yes what is their competitive pay?  Thanks for all your help and suggesions. I do plan on working swing shift and wonder what the shift differential is. Thanks all, Carol   ...

As Long As You Are Miserable, You Get Likes, If You Have A
Apr 25, 2014

I posted below under are you happy section and responded to someone who said Americans are not spoiled which I very much think I am (now). I told about how life is for me and got so many dislikes; however if you post about your terrible life, cannot find nor keep a job, have to go on goverment assistance, not knowing where your next meal is coming from, not enough to pay your rent, everyone then is like a cheerleader all in your corner. Not everyone is in the same boat but I think most would lov ...

Have A Question For MTs Concerned About What Is About To Happen ... (sm)
Mar 04, 2010

I do not work for the Q, however, I have been trying to follow what is about to happen with the First Time Right protocol because I do have friends who work there, I am a MT with over 25 years experience and of course there is always concern that even though (in my opinion) this seems like a beyond crazy idea, it could possibly affect MTs everywhere eventually.  My question is this, (it may have been discussed already on this board, if so I apologize) with the new HITECH laws does this not ...

Is Anyone Else Concerned About Axolotl, Formerly Ingenix And Now Optuminsight??
Oct 11, 2011

I am sorry to bring this up here, but I just wanted to know if anyone else who works for Optuminsight, or Axolotl is concerned about where the transcription portion of the company is going?  I have noticed the workload has diminshed significantly since the takeover.  There have been people who have been there for a significant amount of time retiring or quitting.  Even the Optuminsight website says nothing about transcription nor does United Health Group.  The letter to the c ...

Nuance What Is Going On? For All New Or Existing Employees Concerned
May 04, 2012

To all concerned. I was a Webber(WMX). I was proud of that fact and have done very well in the past 10 years with WMX. I'm very fast and produce quality reports at the same time an employee who works their shift.To the best of my knowledge this corporate company Nuance has been buying the world (so it seems) in medical transcription services and I know when we at WMX were bought out we were told how our production would increase leaps and bounds with escription over m*modal and and D.N.S. ...

Shorthand License Renewal, Should We Be Concerned
Jan 05, 2013

. ...

When Giving Opinions Of Various Companies Whether Likes Or Dislikes
Aug 31, 2012

Most people are vague in their comments.  Give the details i.e. why you don't like the platform, why you don't like the benefits.  Or what type of benefits, how much you pay for the benefits, etc., how many vacation days you get, how is the vacation/sick pay calculated, hourly or average of lines, etc. ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

How About A Show Of "likes," Here. How Many Of You Would Participate In Legal Action For
Sep 17, 2014

Are there others with whom you have maintained contact that might, even if you are not interested or do not necessarily feel aggrieved? Purely hypothetically speaking... What if?   ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

Anyone Care To Share Their "likes" About
Jul 30, 2012

Because I'm failing to see it's superiority over DQS 6.  None of the features seem to work right on it, and even the ASR, although still a wreck, was better in DQS 6.  For example, DQS 7 ASR puts in headings every time it hears the word plan or medication, etc.  It also fails to put any commas in when there is a sentence listing something.    Just thought it would be helpful if somebody shared something they liked about DQS 7 that DQS 6 didn't have.  ...

CMT Required Now?
Sep 19, 2011

So, if one is looking for a different MTSO employer, what's the competition like?  Is CMT pretty much a given now?  I mean, do I have to find the funds to pay for that and get the title just to be part of the competition?  NEED ADVISE PLEASE ...

I Wonder Why CCM's Are Not Required To Be MTs??
Jul 23, 2012

Very, very difficulty to listen to her prattle on about the importance of audits and quality when she could not begin to do what I do.  I can take it from the corporate suits who run this company because after all, they are NOT in the business of transcription, they are in the business of technology and we MTs are only in their ways and a very hard to swallow means to an end or at least to India..but I would hope that the person who DIRECTLY supervises me and MY work should know how to perf ...

Gastro Doc Says " I Am Concerned Regarding S/l "profya" Given His Gray-colored Stool.
Feb 10, 2010

No Testing Required
Aug 05, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies that don't require testing to be hired? ...