A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is anyone else concerned about Axolotl, formerly Ingenix and now Optuminsight?? - dontknowwhattothink

Posted: Oct 11, 2011

I am sorry to bring this up here, but I just wanted to know if anyone else who works for Optuminsight, or Axolotl is concerned about where the transcription portion of the company is going?  I have noticed the workload has diminshed significantly since the takeover.  There have been people who have been there for a significant amount of time retiring or quitting.  Even the Optuminsight website says nothing about transcription nor does United Health Group.  The letter to the customers was just about the software and nothing about transcription, just thought it odd and wondered if I am the only one worried.  

Axolotl, etc. - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
You are not the only one. I have been thinking the same thing. I have updated my resume and am keeping an eye on the job ads.

Similar Messages:

Ex Axolotl/OptumInsight/Ingenix/UHG MTs Please Read
Jul 10, 2013

2 MTs are filing a TAA petition.  3 are needed to apply online ourselves.   It is just a petition, nothing against the employer and, if nothing comes of it, at least we stood up to let the federal government know we are losing our jobs to overseas and due to technology.  You would think we could get some help as IT people, auto industry, and many others do get assistance when their jobs are lost.   It would be an interesting statistic to see how many MTs in this country hav ...

Anyone A Little Worried And Frustrated With The Ingenix/Axolotl Merge?
Oct 06, 2010

I have been with this company for a while now and completely loved Ax before this merger happened.  I just wondered if anyone else was feeling really stressed out and out of sorts because of all of the changes taking place?  So many things are up in the air.  Too much stress.  ...

Is Axolotl/OptumInsight Still In Business? The Transcription Part.
Jan 01, 2013

X ...

If You Were Laid Off From OptumInsight I Hope You
Aug 17, 2012

you are doing well.  I'm struggling a little today.  I hope the others have had time to catch their breath and go forward.   ...

Has OptumInsight Lost Some Accounts? I Noticed There Is
Jan 17, 2012

less and less work and fewer MTs.  Not sure what is going on, but the future doesn't look bright to me. ...

Should I Be Concerned About This?
Mar 08, 2010

Verizon Business has launched the Verizon Medical Data Exchange, a platform to exchange transcribed and digitized physician notes. The vendor developed the platform for the Medical Transcription Service Consortium, established last year by the Medical Transcription Industry Association and the ICSA Labs division of Verizon Business. Two transcription firm members of the consortium, MD-IT and MedQuist, are using the platform. The other vendor members--MxSecure, Sten-Tel and Webmedx--expect to be ...

Concerned Transcender
Apr 13, 2010

Are there any other Transcend MTs out here?   I have been running out of work more lately and my supervisor just tells me to come back on later ...... shouldn't we get out of work pay if we are scheduled to work and there is no work?   Do you know if we can work for Transcend as contractors rather than as an employee so we can have more flexibility?   I am at my wits end here and just don't know what to do. ...

Dare To Be Concerned
May 13, 2012

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone! Dare to have a purpose firm! Dare to make it known.   "Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has." Margaret Mead   I am part of this lawsuit because I want to  make a difference!  It is not about the money.  It is about saving our industry and receiving the respect for our professional knowledge that we have earned.    Have you ever been ...

100 New MT's Coming To M*M. Anyone Concerned
May 21, 2012

Is it just me, or would I be concerned 100+ folks are coming to M*M this week? Does anyone get concerned about this, such as going from FT to PT due to the pressure of tons of typists? ...

Concern Or Concerned???
Jan 06, 2015

He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concerned about him.   He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concern about him.   should this be changed to concerned?   ...

Have A Question For MTs Concerned About What Is About To Happen ... (sm)
Mar 04, 2010

I do not work for the Q, however, I have been trying to follow what is about to happen with the First Time Right protocol because I do have friends who work there, I am a MT with over 25 years experience and of course there is always concern that even though (in my opinion) this seems like a beyond crazy idea, it could possibly affect MTs everywhere eventually.  My question is this, (it may have been discussed already on this board, if so I apologize) with the new HITECH laws does this not ...

Nuance What Is Going On? For All New Or Existing Employees Concerned
May 04, 2012

To all concerned. I was a Webber(WMX). I was proud of that fact and have done very well in the past 10 years with WMX. I'm very fast and produce quality reports at the same time an employee who works their shift.To the best of my knowledge this corporate company Nuance has been buying the world (so it seems) in medical transcription services and I know when we at WMX were bought out we were told how our production would increase leaps and bounds with escription over m*modal and and D.N.S. ...

Shorthand License Renewal, Should We Be Concerned
Jan 05, 2013

. ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

From A Dialup Employee Who LIKES 6.1, And I Am More Concerned Now About Crackdown On Required To Sen
Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found ...

Axolotl MTs, Something Isn't Right
Mar 10, 2010

I don't know what is going on and as usual the communication sucks, but I'm more than a little concerned.  ...

Has Anyone Gotten Their W2 From Axolotl Yet? Nm
Jan 25, 2011

s ...

Axolotl?
Feb 10, 2014

I know they were bought out a few years ago but I heard through the grapevine United Health was getting rid of the whole transcription department is being let go this year. So sorry for those who will be affected if its true.   ...

Axolotl Or Transtech
Oct 31, 2009

Could somebody give me some info on these two companies, i.e., pay, benefits, work flow steadiness, management, etc.?  Thank's in advance! ...

Axolotl Transcriptionists
May 26, 2010

I wouIld like to know what your opinion is on M-modal.  Do you like it or not?  Is it helpful to you?  Are you being nit-picked to death about it? ...

Does Anyone Know If Axolotl Is Hiring?
Sep 01, 2010

There were positive posts about them in the past.  Don't know where they advertise when they do hire.    ...

Anyone Left At Axolotl/UHG?
Nov 04, 2013

They had layoffs a few months back.  Wondering if the transcription dept. is completely gone now or not. ...

What's Up At Axolotl These Days?
Mar 03, 2014

What's up at Axolotl these days?  Are you guys still on the job? ...

Axolotl - Anyone Else Losing Serious Money Here?
Mar 03, 2010

Is it only me or is anyone else losing serious money here?  for the past 6 months I have NOT been able to make more than 950 dollars a month take-home.  now with the new program my pay is even less.  Please, is this happening to anyone else or am I being singled out.  no matter what I do I cannot make more than 220 to 250 dollars a week in may paycheck, and am onily getting paid twice a month.  I am short about 6 hours with mmodal now.  IS IT JUST ME they are doing this to?  ...

Does Axolotl Have An Incentive Plan?
Jul 28, 2010

Hi--have seen mixed opinions about Axolotl from this board, especially lately. Considering switching from my current company as the M-Modal is awful and line count is suffering a lot because of it. What I'd like to know is: - Does Axolotl have an incentive plan based on lines produced? - Are full time employees required to work 40 hours a week and stick to a set-in-stone schedule, and are you required to work a weekend day? - Is there plenty of work to go around and i ...

How Are Things At Axolotl Since The Buyout? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

s ...

Axolotl - Anyone Know How This MTSO Is Doing Since The Buyout? (nm)
Jan 22, 2011

nm ...

United Health/Axolotl
Aug 06, 2011

Recently started with Axolotl (now part of United Health Group). I have 18 years experience and the account they put me on has to be THE WORST I have ever experienced, 99.9% horrible ESL's, on top of which their M*Modal platform is very, very slow. I have worked at other companies using M*Modal and did not find this to be the case with them. This account is VR and they pay by the hour because apparently the dictators and platform are so bad, an MT can't make any money by the line. Also ...

Got A Call From Axolotl Today About Interviewing
Sep 30, 2010

Got a call from Axolotl today about interviewing. Have heard good things in the past, but saw they were just acquired by another company. Any current employees with advice? Pay rates/platform? Is it straight MT or do they have VR also? Affordable benefits? Would appreciate any information. Comfortable(ish) at current job, would hate to leave and then have transcription phased out or pay cut. Thanks in advance for any info! ...

Looking For Axolotl/OI Employee To Sign Petition.
Jan 28, 2013

An ex-Axolotl/Optum Insight employee was looking for 3 others to sign a petition for TAA.  I didn't sign at the time, but am now interested in signing.  I've checked January archives and I don't see the post.  Archives showing Jan-Mar and not prior. ...