A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Who here likes/loves Nuance?? - Carol

Posted: Mar 12, 2013

I would love to know if anybody actually likes or loves their work at Nuance.  I have recently lost my job to MModal, yet one more time (MedQuist before) and am applying and testing. I have done and passed everything but the typing test, should I even bother??  Oh and yes what is their competitive pay?  Thanks for all your help and suggesions. I do plan on working swing shift and wonder what the shift differential is. Thanks all, Carol

Who likes Nuance? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
No reply should give you an answer. Nobody wants to even open up that can of worms.

pay, diff - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
there is a pay range from new hires with no exp. to advanced... it also depends on what type of platform you are working on and what type of reports... can range anywhere from .0375-.0463 (?) i think from last i saw (and .0675 - .0825?) somewhere around there anyways.

shift diff is based on your local time, 10p-6am if i remember, anyone know for sure? its 1 cent more for editing and typing both.

Shift diff - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe the shift differential starts after 8 p.m. EST and goes until 5 a.m. EST. At least, I know I've been paid the shift differential after 8 p.m. EST, which would be 7 p.m. for me because I'm Central Time.

I am a former Transcender. So far, I can't say I LOVE Nuance, but I can't say that I HATE it either. I'm still undecided. As far as my work goes, I'm still with my same account I was on with Transcend, and I still have the same awesome TSM. I really can't complain at all.

In all actuality, my paychecks average just about the same or a little bit more than what they were with Transcend, and some of that has to do with the fact that I was only getting 0.045 cpl for editing with Transcend and get 0.0463 with Nuance PLUS I get the shift differential because I prefer to work evenings/nights. I have ALWAYS preferred to work evenings/nights. It seems that is the shift that no one ever wants to work, and I'm very seldom without work. Of course, I also work 4 hospital accounts. I have always been able to bounce between at least 3 different hospital accounts at a time without it affecting my production. Some people can bounce between different accounts and specifics and some people can't or find it too difficult. I can certainly respect that because it isn't exactly easy. I am lucky enough to have 3 of my 4 accounts that have very similar account specifics, so it makes it much easier.

The only real "cut" in pay I took was that Nuance pays 0.0825 cpl for transcribing reports and Transcend was paying 0.09 cpl. Not a huge difference, and the little bit more in the editing rate and shift differential makes up the difference.

Basically, I have no real complaints with the exception that the higher-up management of this corporation are very unorganized and everything is done on extremely short notice. I think the most notice that I have been given for upcoming conference calls (not counting the ones my TSM does on her own) has been 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

I don't think that they realize we have a life outside of this job, and a few hours notice for something that is mandatory is simply not enough time to expect everyone to be able to comply.

Totally agree - ContentMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Basically you said what my opinion is. I'm content at the moment and am making a few more bucks by working the evening shift.

Wow! That beats what I was paid at MedQuist - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
When my in-house job was outsourced to MedQ/MM, we were told that VR was a flat 4 cpl for everyone, newbies included, and there was no shift diff whatsoever.

I was given credit for my experience with my straight typing rate, but at least 95% of my work was random clients on VR, so that rate really didn't matter much.

to carol - nuancemt

[ In Reply To ..]
I like Nuance - have a great acct and great supe - I don't make good money but that is going to be a problem at any transcription company, unfortunately.

oh, how wrong you are. I make good money. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
People keep blaming the industry. That's not the problem. It's not the technology's fault either. It's the companies like Nuance that pay 4 cents a line. Boycott Nuance. They should not be allowed to set the industry standard.

Thanks to all that answered - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
I kinda sorta got some information. I lost my job to MQ/MM and was told MM would hire us all, not the case. I have experience in several of their accounts, not even a reply back. A few people from my former MTSO took jobs with MM and are now sitting there with no work. I guess I will just go ahead and do the typing test and see what happens. I've only a few weeks of work left. I won't say I'm desperate, but I'm getting there really fast!!

Hey share please where you work or what you do? - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't make a comment like that and leave us hangin'

I sincerely hope that you keep being happy with Nuance. - They are starting

[ In Reply To ..]
to over-hire and I once had plenty of work to do. Not anymore. They are training more people on all accounts and it's for the new people being hired in. With the rate of work they ship over to India after we all train their system, we will only be trainers to the system and then out of work. If you're young enough to switch careers, in my opinion, do so. Until doctors realize how their reports are being transcribed, hospitals realize they are getting overcharged for substandard work produced overseas, and somebody gives a darn, this career is headed down a one-way street and there will be collisions. Been at this almost 30 years now, never DREAMED of retiring because I screamed from the rooftops how much I LOVED MY JOB. Not anymore. I cannot WAIT to get my first retirement check.

Agree with you wholeheartedly - good worker

[ In Reply To ..]
They have over-hired and started underpaying. I love my work, thought it was the best ever, but I work to make money and with all the changes in this industry recently, I can't make very much money without working excessively. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind working but I do have a family life too. Balance is the key to happiness.

Similar Messages:

Who Actually Likes VR/SR?
Oct 09, 2010

Is there anyone here who actually likes voice recognition work? I like it because it is less taxing on my body. I would LOVE it if the pay for my company was better. Who actually likes it? ...

Softscript Likes/dislikes?--sm
Dec 21, 2009

Thinking about applying to Softscript.  If you have worked for them could you please tell me likes and/or dislikes? It says on their website they do not outsource, does anybody know if this is true or not? TIA!! ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

Is There Anyone Here Who Likes Working For SoftScript
Aug 28, 2012

I have a job interview with them.  Need to hear from those who are satisfied with working there.  I have heard off the negatives.  Are there any positives?  What about bennies, cents per line, incentives.  What type of insurance offere and what are the premiums.  TIA ...

With All The Statistics MMmodal Likes To Keep On Us,
Feb 11, 2013

I would like to know how much time per week total I spend waiting for another job to download after uploading my last one.  Come on guys, watchu afraid of? ...

As Long As You Are Miserable, You Get Likes, If You Have A
Apr 25, 2014

I posted below under are you happy section and responded to someone who said Americans are not spoiled which I very much think I am (now). I told about how life is for me and got so many dislikes; however if you post about your terrible life, cannot find nor keep a job, have to go on goverment assistance, not knowing where your next meal is coming from, not enough to pay your rent, everyone then is like a cheerleader all in your corner. Not everyone is in the same boat but I think most would lov ...

When Giving Opinions Of Various Companies Whether Likes Or Dislikes
Aug 31, 2012

Most people are vague in their comments.  Give the details i.e. why you don't like the platform, why you don't like the benefits.  Or what type of benefits, how much you pay for the benefits, etc., how many vacation days you get, how is the vacation/sick pay calculated, hourly or average of lines, etc. ...

From A Dialup Employee Who LIKES 6.1, And I Am More Concerned Now About Crackdown On Required To Sen
Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found ...

How About A Show Of "likes," Here. How Many Of You Would Participate In Legal Action For
Sep 17, 2014

Are there others with whom you have maintained contact that might, even if you are not interested or do not necessarily feel aggrieved? Purely hypothetically speaking... What if?   ...

Anyone Care To Share Their "likes" About
Jul 30, 2012

Because I'm failing to see it's superiority over DQS 6.  None of the features seem to work right on it, and even the ASR, although still a wreck, was better in DQS 6.  For example, DQS 7 ASR puts in headings every time it hears the word plan or medication, etc.  It also fails to put any commas in when there is a sentence listing something.    Just thought it would be helpful if somebody shared something they liked about DQS 7 that DQS 6 didn't have.  ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...

Nuance Help!
Mar 13, 2012

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to create a new entry in the carbon copy? I am getting lots of dictations where I can't find that particular physician in the CC list and need to create a new one. I am new and need help. Thanks in advance! ...

Does Nuance Really Pay Everyone The Same Across The
Mar 17, 2012

Is this true? Because if so that means they dont take into consideration years of experience, opportunity for increase or nothing. Seems kind of hard to work for an obviously big and successful company that is only willing to pay their employees 0.41 cpl and thats it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I mean they dont come off to be the type of company that "cant" afford to give increases in pay to their transcriptionist. I heard that if you work from 10pm to 6pm you can make 0.46 cpl, bet ...

Pay At Nuance
Apr 08, 2012

Anyone willing to share how much per line they make with VR or straight transcription? Or any information how the company is with raises? Thank you ...