A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

former Nuance employee now has to become employee again - luvIC

Posted: Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again?

sm - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
It probably depends on what terms you left, how long ago, etc. I know that I was told if I ever wanted to come back I would be welcome, but that was a supervisor who is not even there anymore.

I just want to say I am sorry you have to go back and I understand how hard it must be to do. Things must be bad for you if you are having to go back to Nuance. I don't mean that in a snotty way at all.

It's NOT that I want to go back. It's through a Nuance acquisition. - luvIC

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Nuance Employee Here
Jun 02, 2011

Here I sit waiting for work once again. So far since 9 pm, there has been nothing, not one dictation. So basically, I am watching tv and surfing the net in between checking the computer for work. I have 2 accounts too. That's what's so bad. Two accounts and no work. Hopefully, I can get a job at a local hospital soon. ...

Former Nuance Employee As Well
Aug 12, 2013

I left Nuance over a year ago (was actually termiated), due to the fact that I had  physical disabily that no matter how hard I tried, I could not achieve their required LPH requirements for VR  -- this was even after talking to several higher ups and explaining to them the diffculty I had with using the keyboard to be able to try to work on VR -- they didn't care.  Since then, I have woked for other companies that do both VR and straight and not one of them has had the line ...

Former Nuance Employee - W2
Jan 21, 2014

I do not work for Nuance anymore. Anyone know if they mail the W2 or is it paperless? ...

Nuance Employee Handbook?
Jan 13, 2012

Has anyone every received an employee handbook for Nuance?  I am specifically looking for info regarding accumulating PTO, how it is accrued and how much can be carried over.  As far as I can remember, I have never received any handbook.  Thanks! ...

Transition To Nuance Employee
Jun 09, 2014

Looking for good, bad, ugly, but please just the plain truth about Nuance. I will possibly transitioning to them from my company that they bought, going from IC to employee. I am very nervous about this and need some REAL HONEST insight as to their work environment, management, attributes, and downfalls. Thanks ...

Former Nuance Employee Bullied By Phone
Apr 10, 2015

Really feeling upset – a Nuance recruiter just called me, trying to get me to work there again (I left 2 years ago). She first tried to seduce me with a 2k sign on bonus, refused to email me anything in writing regarding their current line bonuses and rate of pay.  I told her I might contact some former coworkers and ask them if things have truly improved or this was just the usual bait and switch.  She then ended with threats that they won’t stop until they have caused eve ...

Nuance Employee Handbook And Webclock Question
Aug 20, 2013

Seems like I was told there is such a thing, but where can it be found?  How do you put in time for taking a day off with pay on Webclock?  I can't find instructions or a category for this on the Webclock page. ...

Looking At Job At Nuance - Current Employee Comments On Company
Jul 29, 2014

I am currently looking to apply for a new job and wanted some info from current employees how they feel about their job and the Company - Is it worth applying? Is it mostly SR?  Is there a good pay scale? ...

Current Employee Impressions Of Silent Type And/or Nuance
Jun 06, 2011

I would like feedback from Current employee impressions of Silent Type and/or Nuance  looking for change but chickenforchange ...

Nuance Uses The "at Will" Employee Status.
May 16, 2015

Has anyone ever been fired under the auspice of "at will" employement?  People come on the board talking about how they get warnings for not meeting their schedule or any of the other things employees get written up for.  I want to know if anyone has ever been fired for no reason at all, just because the company felt like letting them go under their "at will" priviledge.  ...

IC Or Employee?
Jan 18, 2011

Looks like the law is as gray as I've always thought. ...

IC Vs. Employee
Sep 01, 2011

I have only had one long-term position as an employee for an MT company. Left to get some work out in the "real world" but am in a position to return to an at-home job. Can someone explain the differences between an IC and an employee? What can I expect from applying for those jobs, and how does it affect your taxes, etc.? Thanks in advance!  ...

New Employee
Sep 15, 2011

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever post anything friendly, kind, useful, thankful, etc. regarding MedQuist? Iâm a new employee and due to a recent acquisition would be out of a job without their support. Before accepting the offer I researched the company quite a bitâ¦M*Model merger, DocQscribe, stock prices and company growth to name a few. All this enables me to say that Iâm employed by the #1 transcription company in the country and dang proud of itï ...

Possible That I May Be A MQ Employee Soon
Oct 20, 2011

Hi everyone,  It seems the hospital I am employed by may be outsourcing completely to mq. Rumor has it, if this happens then the 20 or so MTs will be going to MQ or not have a job. Can anyone tell me what I am looking at if that happens, trying to figure out if I should be looking for employment elsewhere.  here are my main questions:  1.  Is there a starting pay or is everyone paid differently? 2.  Is there a schedule or is it flexible? 3.  What kind of benefi ...

New Employee Help
Sep 10, 2012

Has anyone out there accepted a job but then not been able to work because of technical issues?  I accepted a FT transcription position, did the necessary paper work and went through the remote set up on my PC.  I trained on the platform for 2 hours and spent another hour or so beginning to learn the account specs and editing a few voice files, all of that went well. The next time I tried to sign in, I could sign in to the VPN but not Ex Editor, it says to contact the system administra ...

As A FT Employee, Do I Have To
Sep 19, 2012

take lunch?  If you say yes, please provide some sort of link/proof. ...

Which Is Better, Employee Or IC?
Dec 16, 2014

I am a part time employee of an MTSO. In California the min wage is $9/hr, which means at 0.85/line for editing my LPH must add up to $9, while MTs in other states may only have to make $7.50 or so to remain employed. My Team Leader said that is somewhat unfortunate for me; as a 1 year out-of-school newbie I'm not as fast as other MTs.  A few years ago I was an IC and I recall they did have a minimum line count per day but I don't recall having to produce more than ...

Statutory Employee ?
Feb 11, 2010

Just exactly what does statutory employee status mean?  I was recently changed from independent contractor to this?  Never was that before, I don't quite understand it.  Please help.  Thanks in advance. ...

Medquist Employee
Feb 28, 2010

Does anyone else work for Medquist? I have been working for them for 8 years now and am getting really fed up with their unrealistic policies!! I swear 85% of the executives for that company have never even transcribed one report including my own supervisor. They want to you to maintain 98% accuracy while following every single clients nit-picky policies and then having to translate about 85% of the transcription received from foreign doctors....while maintaining a 150 line per hour production b ...

Sounds Like They Want An Employee, Not An IC
Jun 30, 2010

"Surgical Notes a national provider of transcription services for ambulatory surgery centers has an immediate part time opening for a qualified QA/Proofer.  The independent contractor position will be from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST Monday through Friday. The pay is $17.00 per hour." It's not a bad offer, but considering taxes and insurance.... it's probably closer to 12 bucks an hour, not to mention the hours/days set. ...

Statuatory Employee
Apr 27, 2010

Curious to know if anyone on this board is a statuatory employee with the company they are working for and outside of the company paying your SS tax and FWT, do you get any type of benefit, i.e., PTO, health, etc. Is it strictly just for tax purposes? Would you get a W2? Do you have to adhere to a schedule? I was a "stat" employee many years ago, when I first started and don't remember if it was just for the tax thing or if I got any benefit/s also. Thanks for any info. ...

If The Going Rate For An MT Employee Is (sm)
Sep 09, 2010

8 to 8.5 cpl why in the world are MTSOs only offering 7 to 8.5 cpl for IC status?  Don't they know the cpl is supposed to be higher for IC?  ...

Employee Or IC - The Facts From The Gov't
Jun 22, 2011

Many employers try to save money on taxes and escape liability under employment laws by getting employees to sign Independent Contractor Agreements. There are some advantages to being an independent contractor, but most people labeled as contractors are really employees. Here are the top 11 things you need to know before (or even after) you sign an Independent Contractor Agreement:   1. Intellectual property. If you are creating art, written work, computer programs or other creative w ...

Employee Health
Dec 02, 2010

I am assuming that the phrase "Employee Health" would be capitalized if the doctor says, " The patient is to return to Employee Health in 1 month, sooner if needed." Should it be capitalized? ...

Do We Have Any Employee Rights?
Jan 18, 2011

Can someone please advise on this scenario? You are hired with a company to do specific jobs.  For 9 months you work as hard as you can for this company, and then you are told you will need to do EVERY work type, even those you have absolutely NO experience doing.  You are told 20 minutes before your shift that this is the case, and now all you are getting is not only work types you are not familiar with, but ESL doctors on top of that.  Production PLUMMETS. Just deal with it?&n ...

Employee Status
Mar 29, 2011

I would like some info regarding what companies provide employee status and what are the terms?  how many lines are expected per day or per pay period.  Any info would be appreciated - thanks!   ...

IC Versus Employee
May 14, 2011

This post is not what you probably thought it was going to be.  I am not going to list the pros and cons of being an IC or am employee. It appears that MTSOs are "fudging" on these two classifications of workers to get the advantages. For example, as an IC you make your own hours.  There is no schedule; that is the nature of being an IC.  Yet these MTSOs want you to work a set schedule.  Another example:  You are hired as an employee.   Because you're an employee, you shoul ...

From A Grandfathered Employee Of MQ
Jul 12, 2011

You have successfully cut my pay over a dollar and a quarter.  ALL YOU BOARD OF DIRECTORS have NOT cut your pay, but in fact have gone up in pay with bonuses totaling over over a 1 million and a half in pay.  HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY AND HAVE A SOUND SLEEP DURING THE NIGHTS FOR DOING THIS!!! For this company, in years past, I have been called at all hours in the morning, 03:00 hours to type up YOUR STAT reports.  Never called in sick and loved working for The MRC Group.  Then you ...

IC Versus Employee?
Aug 02, 2011

Would anyone care to share their preference as to IC versus employee? I am curious as to which is best and thinking of switching to employee status.  ...