A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DOL crackdown on use of ICs - MTSharon

Posted: Jun 04, 2010

http://www.tasb.org/services/hr_services/hrexchange/2010/May10/dol_crackdown_on_ind.aspx

Here it is . . .

about time!! now if they will just stop - outsourcing it willl all be

[ In Reply To ..]
great!!! wouldn't that be awesome!!!

WOOHOO!!! - Bout time!

[ In Reply To ..]
For all you MTSOs who have been getting a free ride....

great article! MTSOs really need to frame that one for reference. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Bet the 7.4 percent is ALL transcription. How wonderful taxes overall are gong up to make up the loss - way to go MTSOs! And when you feel THAT part of this fine mess in your pocket, take it to the mirror and vent your hearts out - but five will get you 10 no one will be listening.

.... hope they investigate Offshoring next .... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

The government keeps squawking about being broke. s/m - Rocky Raccoon

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe if they'd start taxing offshoring, they'd have more revenue.
A - They'd get more money from all these big greedy companies.
B - And those that didn't offshore, and hired US workers instead, would produce a higher tax-base in their state.

'Bout time somebody figured this one out, isn't it?

Amen Sistah! - mt2stay

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's far too simple and common-sense - They cannot wrap their brains around it

[ In Reply To ..]
Its beauty is its simplicity and they just cannot see the forest for the proverbial trees.

Similar Messages:

Crackdown On All Companies Using ICs
Apr 12, 2010

http://www.parade.com/news/intelligence-report/archive/100411-a-crackdown-on-cheating-companies.html Interesting article in Sunday's Parade magazine regarding crackdown on companies using ICs illegally.  ...

A Crackdown On Cheating Companies
Apr 10, 2010

I just bought the early addition of the Sunday paper, and interestingly enough, there is an article with the above-mentioned title on page 16 by Rebecca Webber.  It talks about the high percentage of jobs being created for contractors and consultants.  Unfortunately, many of these companies are misclassifying the workers as contractors when they are in fact being treated as full-time employees.  Sound familiar, ICs?  Obama has allocated 25 million to the Dept. of Labor to co ...

Govt Crackdown On IC Status
Jun 09, 2014

As the govt cracks down on employers claiming to offer IC status and IC status jobs going to be obsolete in the very near future, how many are willing to go to employee status with low pay and strict adherence to set hours ? ...

From A Dialup Employee Who LIKES 6.1, And I Am More Concerned Now About Crackdown On Required To Sen
Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found ...