A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance what is going on? for all new or existing employees concerned - please see my message

Posted: May 04, 2012

To all concerned. I was a Webber(WMX). I was proud of that fact and have done very well in the past 10 years with WMX. I'm very fast and produce quality reports at the same time an employee who works their shift.To the best of my knowledge this corporate company Nuance has been buying the world (so it seems) in medical transcription services and I know when we at WMX were bought out we were told how our production would increase leaps and bounds with escription over m*modal and and D.N.S. to make up for the huge salary reduction. In my opinion this could not have been further from the truth, its just not happening and I think now probably NEVER will. From what I am reading and hearing my guess is it's the same way with other MTSO's that were "bought out" with their MT's that came aboard also. They have changed the incentive to almost impossible,they have cut our pay(not just VR either)so we can probably never get back to even close to where we were (in wages) and in allot of cases we have lost half of our wages.I mean "C'MON" the only straight typing left here is horrible due to if its "OK" it goes into VR and yet they cut our straight typing pay also? I also have read on here about some reports going to India? Well guess what, our work at WMX is currently drying up when it should not be,makes me wonder just where it has gone especially after being told to work OT in the past few weeks? At this point with all the original "company buyout talk" that was explained to us I sometimes now look back and wonder if all that we were told was borderline illegal with the way they talked us into staying on board as employees. What troubles me even greater is the question are they "SETTING THEY MARKET" for our wage's with other mtso's that pay better and are trying to stay alive out of Nuance's or former M"quest's grasp? A good question for our Government. All I can say is I read and hear allot about employees who are asking the same question over and over "what can we expect coming on board at Nuance" and my answer would be a simple NOT MUCH unless if you enjoy STRESS,LOTS OF HORRIBLE QA issues,NOT BEING PAID ENOUGH FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE and oh yes for the newbies the LACK OF A GOOD PAYING JOB AND FUTURE with this company. Sorry for all the caps eveyrone..just totally upset and frustrated :( ..... and gotta wonder when Nuance will change their name due to a poor reputation? Sound familiar?

Nuance - Abby

[ In Reply To ..]
Couldn't have summed it up any better. Well said!

I third that-it's sad what this business has come to... - Tiredmt

[ In Reply To ..]
They make big promises when they buyout a company, but then it all gets covered in crap once the acquisition is done. The sad thing is there are so many talented and good people that are getting lied to and dogged in this business who deserve better than either Nuance or MQ. It is all a game to them which one can snap up the most now that TRCR is out of the picture. Transcenders BEWARE!

the work is probably drying up because the accounts moved to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
eScription which is a better program than what you were on. The OT was because the program was such a dinosaur and sloooowwwww, which did not allow the work to be done efficiently. If I were you, I would ask for more accounts. Just a thought.

Is that right? (lol).. not what my boss told me,said escription - WAS NOT making any big changes in work loads. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Your thoughts are inaccurate.Your idea of a remedy may be UPPER management "savy" but will I'm quite certain fall on deaf ears in this forum. Moreover I firmly believe that there are a few team lead (managers) that seem to be getting "fed up" with being kept in the dark with the poor decisions that upper management has made concerning the reduction in salaries and the seemingly poor incentive practices the company has set forth.

Looks to me like the whole "deal" is getting worse for ALL employees including the team leaders and the MT's at Nuance, not better!

I am NOT management...was just saying maybe that was the issue - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to get over yourself. Again was just stating that COULD be the reason. Geesh! If you are so unhappy...LEAVE!
I repied at the top of this page - looong time Nuance Mt/Editor
[ In Reply To ..]
find my answer to you at the top of this page and if you are a manager please email me and I will gladly respond with facts.
Like I said before...I am NOT management or can you read! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Give me management pay and THEN I will agree to be management. Idiot!

More accounts - is not the solution

[ In Reply To ..]
I already have 5 and still run out of work. How many accounts should I have so that I don't run out? I did have more than that, but some were lost after Nuance took over.

Nuance/transcend - burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Currently working for Transcend and I hate it. Not only is the pay low, but there is no work. They send EVERYTHING to India. It is not a good situation.

Similar Messages:

Will The New 6.1 Override The Existing Program?
Sep 04, 2010

xx ...

Are Any Ex-Nuance Employees Still - Sm
Dec 23, 2014

receiving a Nuance 401(k) Summary Annual Report? I haven't worked there for almost two years and didn't even participate in their 401(k) plan when I did work there, and I'm still getting these annual summaries. Anybody know what phone number I can call to request exclusion from their mailing list? TIA. ...

For Nuance Employees In CA (at Least)..
Jan 03, 2015

Employers must allow 3 PAID sick days per year if they weren't already doing this.  I am sure Nuance will HATE this and are probably right now putting their fat heads together trying to come up with a way to get out of it.  First, they won't even acknowledge it, hoping no one will call them on it.  If that doesn't work, they will think of something else. ...

Nuance Employees, Do You Have An HSA Or FSA Option Currently?
Nov 04, 2011

I'm reading about the difference between the two of these, and it looks like the employer withholds a portion of your income to cover medical expenses. I don't know if that has to be offered by the employer or if it can be set up somehow by anyone who qualifies due to a high-deductible insurance plan. Do you currently have any HSA or FSA arrangement with Nuance? ...

Number Of Employees At Nuance
Jul 24, 2013

Just wondering if anyone knows the total number of US transcriptionists currently typing for Nuance. With their turnover rate, not sure how anyone is left!  ...

Any Perks For Nuance Employees?
Apr 12, 2014

Does anyone know if we get a gym discount or anything similar? Where can I find information about this? TYIA. (I need to find a punching bag and punch the $#!+ out of it to get rid of some frustration.) ...

Nuance Employees Check This Out!
Jun 17, 2014

Baptist Health Systems in Louisville KY is looking for remote MTs on first and second shift and it says you need to know the Nuance platform. ...

E-mail Sent To Ex Nuance Employees
Jul 01, 2014

Today I received an e-mail from Nuance about their 401(k) plan. I haven't worked for them in a year and a half. Did any other ex-Nuancers get this? Unfortunately, there's no "unsubscribe" option on that e-mail. I can't believe my e-mail address is still in their system. ...

Nuance's Contempt For Its Employees
Nov 22, 2014

From comments below, but worth highlighting ... "If you are so unhappy with your pay then maybe it is time to get a new job. Sending a medical record to someone who should not have it is illegal and as such can be prosecuted. Now, it goes without saying that issues such as this are investigated, but I am sure if you are a Nuance employee you had to take the HIPAA training provided by the company, and if you paid attention you would not need to ask in what capacity you can be held responsible. I ...

Does Anyone At Nuance Work IC Status Or All Employees?
Apr 29, 2013

Have they switched everyone over to employee from the companies they have taken over or are there still IC status workers ?  ...

WARNING NUANCE EMPLOYEES, PLEASE READ
Jun 10, 2014

I'm such a fool. If there is ANYTHING you want to document from your emails, print it out NOW! I was fired an hour ago and they have locked me out of looking at my emails! I cant even print a copy of the contract they made me sign. Protect yourself. ...

Employees Who Generate No Profit For Nuance
Feb 26, 2015

I just wonder has anyone ever tried to calculate the cost involved in recruiting, hiring and training the long line of people who come through the revolving doors of Scruance? There seems to be a never-ending stream of newbies. Meanwhile, the long-time, loyal, revenue-producing MTs are getting the shaft. And what about the cost of employees who do the recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, QAing, QCing, auditing, TSMing, COMing and POCing in addition to other nonrevenue-producin ...

How Do I Transcribe From A Flash Driving Using Existing Usb Foot Pedal
Aug 19, 2013

Text Expander With Existing MT Basics Dictionary For Download?
Jan 29, 2015

I'm returning to MT after several years away and working as an IC. As the shortcut/word expanders I used in the past were built-ins or others with dictionaries that are no longer available, I'm wondering if there are any text expanders that come pre-loaded or have existing MT basic word expansions (tp = the patient, hpi - history of present illness, etc.) or that have ones ready for download. I seem to remember one I used in the past that had a basic dictionary already available that t ...

Wonder If Nuance's Stockholders Know How Poorly They Treat Their Employees.
Dec 14, 2011

They should be ashamed. No paid holidays? Pay cuts? Greedy bastards. ...

How Many Nuance Employees Have Quit In The Past 30 Days?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm just curious because I'm actively looking for anything other than this MT crap. On my main account, most of this a.m. no work. Now all of a sudden there's work plus they want me to move to another count to help out. Why didn't you need my help this morning? Sorry, but my shift ends now and I'm outta here. It seems every day there are people quitting - I can't wait to jump on that band wagon. :) ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

How Many Nuance Employees Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?
Jan 06, 2015

First is upper management, 1 of 3 anyway because 2 of them are on vacation for a whole week, who finds a chair and then passes it down to lower management who then places it in front of the MT to stand on. The MT stands on the chair but first they must remove the still working fine bulb that is in place and throw it away. They are then given a defective bulb by the SR folks and told by management they must successfully place 10 of them per hour in order to meet the standards. After twisting a ...

Should I Be Concerned About This?
Mar 08, 2010

Verizon Business has launched the Verizon Medical Data Exchange, a platform to exchange transcribed and digitized physician notes. The vendor developed the platform for the Medical Transcription Service Consortium, established last year by the Medical Transcription Industry Association and the ICSA Labs division of Verizon Business. Two transcription firm members of the consortium, MD-IT and MedQuist, are using the platform. The other vendor members--MxSecure, Sten-Tel and Webmedx--expect to be ...

Concerned Transcender
Apr 13, 2010

Are there any other Transcend MTs out here?   I have been running out of work more lately and my supervisor just tells me to come back on later ...... shouldn't we get out of work pay if we are scheduled to work and there is no work?   Do you know if we can work for Transcend as contractors rather than as an employee so we can have more flexibility?   I am at my wits end here and just don't know what to do. ...

Dare To Be Concerned
May 13, 2012

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone! Dare to have a purpose firm! Dare to make it known.   "Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has." Margaret Mead   I am part of this lawsuit because I want to  make a difference!  It is not about the money.  It is about saving our industry and receiving the respect for our professional knowledge that we have earned.    Have you ever been ...

100 New MT's Coming To M*M. Anyone Concerned
May 21, 2012

Is it just me, or would I be concerned 100+ folks are coming to M*M this week? Does anyone get concerned about this, such as going from FT to PT due to the pressure of tons of typists? ...

Concern Or Concerned???
Jan 06, 2015

He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concerned about him.   He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concern about him.   should this be changed to concerned?   ...

Have A Question For MTs Concerned About What Is About To Happen ... (sm)
Mar 04, 2010

I do not work for the Q, however, I have been trying to follow what is about to happen with the First Time Right protocol because I do have friends who work there, I am a MT with over 25 years experience and of course there is always concern that even though (in my opinion) this seems like a beyond crazy idea, it could possibly affect MTs everywhere eventually.  My question is this, (it may have been discussed already on this board, if so I apologize) with the new HITECH laws does this not ...

Is Anyone Else Concerned About Axolotl, Formerly Ingenix And Now Optuminsight??
Oct 11, 2011

I am sorry to bring this up here, but I just wanted to know if anyone else who works for Optuminsight, or Axolotl is concerned about where the transcription portion of the company is going?  I have noticed the workload has diminshed significantly since the takeover.  There have been people who have been there for a significant amount of time retiring or quitting.  Even the Optuminsight website says nothing about transcription nor does United Health Group.  The letter to the c ...

Shorthand License Renewal, Should We Be Concerned
Jan 05, 2013

. ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

From A Dialup Employee Who LIKES 6.1, And I Am More Concerned Now About Crackdown On Required To Sen
Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found ...

Gastro Doc Says " I Am Concerned Regarding S/l "profya" Given His Gray-colored Stool.
Feb 10, 2010