A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

100 new MT's coming to M*M. Anyone concerned - Lisa

Posted: May 21, 2012

Is it just me, or would I be concerned 100+ folks are coming to M*M this week? Does anyone get concerned about this, such as going from FT to PT due to the pressure of tons of typists?

just getting MTs, or their accounts as well - not worried

[ In Reply To ..]
yet

When new MTs come on board during a buyout that usually means they - are bringing their accounts too

[ In Reply To ..]
For those of us who sit hour after hour with no work available, we actually start salivating all over our keyboard with MM/MQ buyouts because that means there might finally be some work.

Im pretty certain that we will get your work - and you will suddenly run out

[ In Reply To ..]
I would be worried if I were you.

Exactly ... one of the first questions newly bought out - MTs ask is

[ In Reply To ..]
"What happened to all my work?" Which is usually followed by the question, "OMG ... why am I suddenly only making minimum wage?"

especially clinic work - India loves clinic work

[ In Reply To ..]
Super easy!
LOL. - luluwu
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

100 MTs probably won't tolerate the low pay and lack of work - anon222 - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

When we were bought out, they spread our work - JMO sm

[ In Reply To ..]
out amongst tons of their MTs and suddenly we had no work. The 100 new MTs should be more concerned.

M*Modal likely wanted the accounts only, and as - they are transitioned over to VR, -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the new MTs will probably be forced out through nitpicking and bogus QA write-ups. Happens everywhere.

Who did we buy this time? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have no clue ... it seems like we're averaging a buyout every 2-3 months - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I heard rumor of Ascend, but not confirmed - nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Wow, now THAT would be funny!! - anon222
[ In Reply To ..]
I had an offer from them around 6 months ago. That would be hilarious because if they sold to MM I'd be right back where I started again!

What's worse than working for MModal once? Working for them TWICE. LMAO
Transition period - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
Can you walk me through your transition period. Contract reads today that $$ and scheudle same for now during transition. I get it. But, how long till ax falls? and wild adjustments made. Thx
getting the ax - MT Gone
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been gone from the MT profession for about 8 mos now. Took me about a year to be pushed out - loss of bonuses, 2 pay cuts later, and my primary account of 10 years going away without notice pretty much let me know how far in the toilet I was. However, judging from what I read on here now, when I still pop in, it looks like they have accelerated the "get rid of/starve out" anyone making much over minimum wage. My condolences and wishes for good luck, especially if you loved your job.
hope the rumor is wrong! I Googled it and couldn't find any confirmation, heard it from a third - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Your ANON experience plz - Lisa
[ In Reply To ..]
Your transition to MQ experience plz

Similar Messages:

Should I Be Concerned About This?
Mar 08, 2010

Verizon Business has launched the Verizon Medical Data Exchange, a platform to exchange transcribed and digitized physician notes. The vendor developed the platform for the Medical Transcription Service Consortium, established last year by the Medical Transcription Industry Association and the ICSA Labs division of Verizon Business. Two transcription firm members of the consortium, MD-IT and MedQuist, are using the platform. The other vendor members--MxSecure, Sten-Tel and Webmedx--expect to be ...

Concerned Transcender
Apr 13, 2010

Are there any other Transcend MTs out here?   I have been running out of work more lately and my supervisor just tells me to come back on later ...... shouldn't we get out of work pay if we are scheduled to work and there is no work?   Do you know if we can work for Transcend as contractors rather than as an employee so we can have more flexibility?   I am at my wits end here and just don't know what to do. ...

Dare To Be Concerned
May 13, 2012

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone! Dare to have a purpose firm! Dare to make it known.   "Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has." Margaret Mead   I am part of this lawsuit because I want to  make a difference!  It is not about the money.  It is about saving our industry and receiving the respect for our professional knowledge that we have earned.    Have you ever been ...

Concern Or Concerned???
Jan 06, 2015

He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concerned about him.   He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concern about him.   should this be changed to concerned?   ...

Have A Question For MTs Concerned About What Is About To Happen ... (sm)
Mar 04, 2010

I do not work for the Q, however, I have been trying to follow what is about to happen with the First Time Right protocol because I do have friends who work there, I am a MT with over 25 years experience and of course there is always concern that even though (in my opinion) this seems like a beyond crazy idea, it could possibly affect MTs everywhere eventually.  My question is this, (it may have been discussed already on this board, if so I apologize) with the new HITECH laws does this not ...

Is Anyone Else Concerned About Axolotl, Formerly Ingenix And Now Optuminsight??
Oct 11, 2011

I am sorry to bring this up here, but I just wanted to know if anyone else who works for Optuminsight, or Axolotl is concerned about where the transcription portion of the company is going?  I have noticed the workload has diminshed significantly since the takeover.  There have been people who have been there for a significant amount of time retiring or quitting.  Even the Optuminsight website says nothing about transcription nor does United Health Group.  The letter to the c ...

Nuance What Is Going On? For All New Or Existing Employees Concerned
May 04, 2012

To all concerned. I was a Webber(WMX). I was proud of that fact and have done very well in the past 10 years with WMX. I'm very fast and produce quality reports at the same time an employee who works their shift.To the best of my knowledge this corporate company Nuance has been buying the world (so it seems) in medical transcription services and I know when we at WMX were bought out we were told how our production would increase leaps and bounds with escription over m*modal and and D.N.S. ...

Shorthand License Renewal, Should We Be Concerned
Jan 05, 2013

. ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

From A Dialup Employee Who LIKES 6.1, And I Am More Concerned Now About Crackdown On Required To Sen
Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found ...

Anyone Know About New Changes Coming To MQ?
Dec 27, 2009

Posted on Christmas Eve!  CBAY of India has 6,500 MT's with another 800 soon and MQ has how many MT's, 3,000-4,000?  http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/62574/ CBaySystems Expands India Operations with New Mumbai Centre     NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 12/24/2009 - New Centre at Mindspace2, Airoli - Plans to add 800 people by end 2010 at this new Centre.       CBaySystems, th ...

Keep Them Coming
May 12, 2011

I have posted on here many times about putting in requests to have doctors removed from ASR and have been told it doesn't do any good.  Apparently some people are listening.  I was told that they are flooded with requests now and it is taking a little longer to get to my requests reviewed.  I have also noticed that some of the doctors I used to do in ASR are no longer in ASR.  Thanks to all who are sending requests and keep them going.  Some don't get removed, ...

QA/QC Changes Coming??
Dec 14, 2014

Sure hope so.  QA  are being set up to be the "Payroll Gods".  Setting us against each other.  I know there is one particular QA that I cringe when I see her name.  She is probably a nice person and just trying to do her job, but talk about nit-picky.  She has a Master's degree in that area. ...

Look Out For More New MT's Coming On Board.
Jan 29, 2010

Obama announced a new tax break for every new employee hired will get a 5,000 tax break and up to 500,000 total for each company who hires new employees.  My congressman is going to hear from tomrrow when I call his office.  You all know how MQ loves to hire new employees and I sure hope they do not plan on getting rid of us old ones and if they do?  I see ANOTHER lawsuit coming called age discrimination.  ...

What's The World Coming To
Feb 19, 2010

On my every-other-month audit by my QTL I lost points for expanding Clostridium difficule, but SHE wanted me to put (I kid you not) C Diff. Now I have been reading stories by newswriters about E-coli, but I'm still putting E. coli. Please don't tell me those idiot biddies at AHDI have changed the "rules" on us again.  I also make money typing papers for professional journals, and I really HATE dumbing myself down for MQ. and...I'm still getting broken jobs with terms like ...

How To Get Downtime Pay You Have Coming To You
Oct 07, 2010

Okay people, if you were in the middle of your shift, or you could not sign on for your shift, make sure you filed a Q-care ticket and notified your CCM.  Mine has been sending E-mails throughout the day stating that she KNOWS that DQS is still down even though it shows a green light.  By Medquists own Policy description for downtime for ME/MTs, this definitely qualifies.  Go to MQ Central Home page---Human Resources---policies.  At the bottom of the page there is a link call ...

Christmas Is Coming!!!!!
Nov 16, 2010

So what do you think we'll get as a Christmas present this year?  A new mouse pad, an envelope opener, perhaps a pencil with the Medquist logo on it, an eraser maybe?  Oh, the possibilities are endless!!  I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait!  After all, we know how much Medquist appreciates us by the way they treat us!   Oh wait, I forgot, there have never been even cost of living raises let alone merit raises.  Oh wait, I forgot ...

Does Anyone Know When The TransTech W2 Will Be Coming Out? Nm
Jan 13, 2011

MT Week Coming Up
May 01, 2011

Gee, we at WMX just got our present early.  A surprise cut in pay and bonus plan.  I really hope they don't have any other little "gifts" in store for us. ...

Where's The 99% Thing Coming From?
Jun 03, 2011

just wonderin, cuz this board is the only place i've heard of it.  is it in email or MQ central or what? ...

Coming Across A Mistake
Aug 03, 2012

I was looking over already transcribed reports by others to check on a medication and came across a mistake that really makes us look foolish and is something, IMHO, that any transcriptionist would know and this doctor speaks good English.  Would you notify QA so they can correct the report or notify the hospital to correct the report?  Thanks for your opinion.  ...

Work Coming
Aug 08, 2012

a big chunk of work is coming back to the US.  India couldn't figure Texas doctor's accent I guess! ...

Coming Back To MT
May 15, 2013

ok, I have been offered a secretarial job but it is with a new company so I am iffy on whether the comany will make it. My question to everyone here if it doesn't make it I would probably go back to MT.  How long do you guys think I could be away  and still be able to find a job?  Edited to add that I currenlty have 6 years experience at MT. ...

Late In Coming, But,
Mar 03, 2014

apparently I was only employed by Nuance thru last December.  Starting in January I was employed by Transcend.  This is as per the state unemployment benefits office.  They were really interested that my check stubs said Transcend/DBA as Nuance out of Mass., and the W2s only had Transcend out of Melbourne, Florida.  Asked me questions about it, but told them I had never noticed when Transcend was added to the check stubs, which I didn't.  Don't know anything ab ...

No Search Box Coming Up
Apr 10, 2014

Does anyone else have trouble when clicking Search where no search box comes up?  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't for a very long time.  Just wondering if it is my computer or what.  Anyone else have that trouble? ...

Were There Some Changes Coming To FIESA?
Apr 25, 2014

Just waiting and hoping... any news anyone? ...

Coming To Nuance
May 31, 2014

I currently work for MModal.  Considering Nuance. Opinions and/or advice would be appreciated. ...

How Do You Keep The QA Note Box From Coming Up
Aug 11, 2014

Switched over to the new region, cant figure out how to get it to go away.  Thanks! ...

Swapboard Coming Soon...
Nov 26, 2014

I just got word that they're going to be using the swapboard soon.  Has anyone ever used that and can you tell me anything about it?  I'm just curious if it's going to be a good thing or a bad thing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

When The Same Job Keeps Coming Back Up
Jun 08, 2015

x ...