A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

When giving opinions of various companies whether likes or dislikes - Please give specifics

Posted: Aug 31, 2012

Most people are vague in their comments.  Give the details i.e. why you don't like the platform, why you don't like the benefits.  Or what type of benefits, how much you pay for the benefits, etc., how many vacation days you get, how is the vacation/sick pay calculated, hourly or average of lines, etc.

Control issues? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

Ill post whatever I feel like... - tombstone

[ In Reply To ..]
If you want further information, get hired, form an opinion, and post what you feel like!

And who, exactly - are you?

[ In Reply To ..]
besides some bossy boots who likes to give orders?

Did I miss a memo?

I think we all missed the - memo that....

[ In Reply To ..]
put you in charge of telling everyone what to do

I agree with the OP - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I see this a lot too. Someone researching companies or looking at help wanted ads will ask on the Company Board "is xxx a good company" and get responses such as "no" or "run". How is that helpful?

Well, it is a public board. Any can type 1 word or a small - novel. Their choice, not yours. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That's a good idea. It would stop us from wasting time. - backwards typist

[ In Reply To ..]
How many people have taken jobs and found them to be a nightmare-yet when looking for comments on that company, just see "a word or two" about the platform or the company itself...(RUN, NO WAY, GREAT, LOVE IT, etc.)

That doesn't help-maybe the person who posted found it wasn't a good fit for them but would be for the person asking or vice versa.

Details suggested would lessen the time and energy spent looking for work.

Dont think reading a one word post is gonna take up much time. - Then, dont read it again. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Hey everyone who seem to be upset by my post it was only a suggestion - not a demand or command. Sorry for the offense

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Oh, sorry. I missed the word suggest in your post. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh my bad!!! - guess I was typing faster than I was thinking

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No offense taken. Good suggestion. NM - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

like high school drama all over again! - timetogrowup

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't believe what I read on this board. One person posts something and then others "attack" the OP. This is just like high school all over again, only on the internet. Haven't you heard the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"? I can't wait to see what "childish" replies I get to this post. Come on, show me how "mature" you adults really are. Don't let me down...

Ok I'll bite - .....

[ In Reply To ..]
I try to visit these boards only on rare occasion when I actually need some information and this just proves why...I agree it is "childish" and immature drama on their part to bash the OP...and I also believe you are just as "childish" if not more so, aren't you doing just what you came on and bashed them for doing to the OP talk about the pot calling the kettle black...Geeeeeesh. But then you got just what you wanted a response so good for you!

to ok i'll bite - timetogrowup

[ In Reply To ..]
lol - yes, I knew I would not be let down. Ditto! Thank you!!

Worse than high school. Seems some think we arent mature - enough to know SM

[ In Reply To ..]
how to post on a public board. Must be an ex-kindergarten teacher remembering her days of writing the class rules on the blackboard. IMO, it is "childish" to think you can tell adults how to post. Talk about control issues.....

if you think this is bad, try visiting the politics board sometime! - alias

[ In Reply To ..]
now THAT is a board! weeeeeeee!

Don't all those posts below make you happy - wimt

[ In Reply To ..]
that you work at home and don't have to work in an office with people like that?

I agree with OP. While specifics are optional, they would be greatly appreciated. - (no message)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Softscript Likes/dislikes?--sm
Dec 21, 2009

Thinking about applying to Softscript.  If you have worked for them could you please tell me likes and/or dislikes? It says on their website they do not outsource, does anybody know if this is true or not? TIA!! ...

Who Actually Likes VR/SR?
Oct 09, 2010

Is there anyone here who actually likes voice recognition work? I like it because it is less taxing on my body. I would LOVE it if the pay for my company was better. Who actually likes it? ...

What Is With All Of The Dislikes....
Oct 31, 2012

to the new job posting for an OB/GYN transcriptionist that pays 10 cpl for straight typing?  That line rate is almost unheard of these days, for sure.  Perhaps it is because they are requesting a Certified Medical Transcriptionist?  I see there have been over 200 "lookers" too, and probably just as many responses.  I don't see anything to "dislike" about the ad, at all.  I wish there were more like it!  well, good luck to all who applied.  ...

So Why The Dislikes For
Jan 12, 2014

Something I should know before applying? ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

So By The Number Of Dislikes Already Posted, Does That Mean
Aug 21, 2012

that Happy Transcriptions and USA MedTran are one and the same? ...

USA MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST. WHY ALL THE DISLIKES?
Aug 20, 2012

I was thinking of applying since I'm looking for a day shift, but I saw 10 dislikes.  Any info? ...

Is There Anyone Here Who Likes Working For SoftScript
Aug 28, 2012

I have a job interview with them.  Need to hear from those who are satisfied with working there.  I have heard off the negatives.  Are there any positives?  What about bennies, cents per line, incentives.  What type of insurance offere and what are the premiums.  TIA ...

With All The Statistics MMmodal Likes To Keep On Us,
Feb 11, 2013

I would like to know how much time per week total I spend waiting for another job to download after uploading my last one.  Come on guys, watchu afraid of? ...

Who Here Likes/loves Nuance??
Mar 12, 2013

I would love to know if anybody actually likes or loves their work at Nuance.  I have recently lost my job to MModal, yet one more time (MedQuist before) and am applying and testing. I have done and passed everything but the typing test, should I even bother??  Oh and yes what is their competitive pay?  Thanks for all your help and suggesions. I do plan on working swing shift and wonder what the shift differential is. Thanks all, Carol   ...

As Long As You Are Miserable, You Get Likes, If You Have A
Apr 25, 2014

I posted below under are you happy section and responded to someone who said Americans are not spoiled which I very much think I am (now). I told about how life is for me and got so many dislikes; however if you post about your terrible life, cannot find nor keep a job, have to go on goverment assistance, not knowing where your next meal is coming from, not enough to pay your rent, everyone then is like a cheerleader all in your corner. Not everyone is in the same boat but I think most would lov ...

13 Dislikes For General Transcription ICs
Feb 05, 2015

xx ...

Would Whoever Dislikes Every Single Post Quit Reading Them!
Mar 03, 2015

. ...

From A Dialup Employee Who LIKES 6.1, And I Am More Concerned Now About Crackdown On Required To Sen
Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found ...

Not Giving Up On TAA
Jan 11, 2010

Decided to take the advise I received about not giving up.  The results are that I was told that I have to be laid off, or about to be laid off.  Want letter from MQ stating lay off or date of lay off.  Too tired to worry with this anymore. ...

Giving Up On The Q
Jan 12, 2010

It is hard to take the leap of faith. It is hard to not be an "MT" anymore after so long. It is hard to think of myself as doing something else... I always said I would go down with the ship and it was hard to admit that my life boat had arrived....maybe an offshore joke would work here. Thanks to all the posters on the board who kept me from going insane everytime I was lied to, everytime I was performance managed, got my pay cuts, got lied to some more, and got promoted to MME.  I don ...

Giving It Up!!!!
Jan 30, 2010

I am giving it up, transcription work.  I have been a transcriptionist since 1998 and have thus so far on this board or other boards have had a job that supported me in doing my work.  I have learned many platforms and programs for these companies and always QA seems to be the downfall on all jobs.  Learn it one way, learn it another way and always not good enough. So jobs I am going back into retail.  Good luck to all MTer's.  ...

Giving Way Or Away
Oct 10, 2010

What is the correct term- giving way or giving away (referring to knee)? Hope everyone is having a nice weekend ...

Giving Up
Oct 28, 2014

On my shift yesterday, I did well over 3 hours of dictation, worked 7.25 out of 8 hours (by company standards), and made less than $60.00.  Again.  Can someone please tell me how not to give up? ...

Newbie Considering Giving Up On MT
Nov 14, 2010

I am a newbie to the transcription world.  I have a year's experience in this field but it is so frustrating trying to find a job and finding that person/company that will give you a chance to gain that experience.  I am getting frustrated with job searching and every job saying they require 2 years experience or even more like 5 years.  I did go to online schooling and graduated and felt like my schooling taught me a lot.  I gave up a good paying office job so th ...

When Giving Notice
Apr 01, 2012

When leaving a job and a company wants written notice, will an email suffice, or does it have to be registered mail? ...

Am Considering Giving Notice To Webmedx
Nov 05, 2010

If so, did you put in a full two weeks' notice? Did they let you work the 2 weeks? I think I might overlap some, so I can train on the one while still making $$ on the other. How has it worked for you?   ...

Giving Notice Vs Being Fired
Dec 23, 2011

I see a lot of confusion here lately.  Let me clear things up.   I know we all think of it as quitting in advance, but that's not the case, even if you tell them "I'm going to quit in 2 weeks."  When you give your notice, whether it's 1 day, 2 weeks, or a month in advance, you're essentially saying "I quit, but if you need time to find a replacement, I'm willing to stay for x amount of time."  This is just a courtesy.  If they decline your offe ...

Giving Lines Back
Sep 13, 2012

I just took a job that said they paid 3.2 cpl for edited and 6.8 for transcribed.  Almost everything is edited.  Now they want me to divide my edited line count by half and claim that as my edited line count, not the total number of edited lines I do.  Has anyone else been told this kind of stuff?  I can't believe it!  If I do this I only get paid 1.6 cpl for my edited lines.  I am flabergasted!  I can't live off that in America, who could? ...

Giving Mmodal Notice?
Oct 15, 2012

Does anyone have any experience recently with how much notice to give MModal?  Am afraid if I give notice I will be locked out and will not be able to finish and I need to work up until my notice date.  Thanks. ...

I Do Not Mind Giving This Doctor's Name
Oct 02, 2014

Dr. M has got to be the worst dictator that NUisANCE has.  One can only hope he's a better doctor than he is a dictator. ...

Giving 2-week Notice?
Oct 14, 2014

Is Nuance still in the habit of cutting you off right away if you wish to give notice of leaving? I am nervous about taking the leap back into IC but need the flexibility, but what if it doesn't work out....what to do, what to do? I start training this week and want to give 2 weeks notice, just for the fact that I want to keep working around the same time of day that I am scheduled at Nuance - and goodness knows we can't work outside of our schedule  - so can't do both at th ...

To Those Who Are Quitting: Why Are You Giving Notice?
Dec 10, 2014

x ...

Imedx Giving Notice
Apr 29, 2015

Does anyone know if you do not give 2 weeks notice if they will still give you your accrued vacation time?  Sitting here today twiddling my thumbs staring at a blank queue most of the day.  I am just totally over it.  I'd rather just move on with my life ... but I do want my paid vacation time.  ...

Employer Not Giving A Time To End A Shift?
Nov 03, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of an employer asking you to start at a certain and not giving a time to end a shift?  What I've been getting is "just work until the work is done".  Any comments are appreciated. ...