A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

With all the statistics MMmodal likes to keep on us, - L&L

Posted: Feb 11, 2013

I would like to know how much time per week total I spend waiting for another job to download after uploading my last one.  Come on guys, watchu afraid of?

Put a notebook by PC to keep track and find out. - Let us know the results. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

There are two stats I would like to compare - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
1. My productivity typing versus ASR.

2. The CCMs productivity, time spent talking on phone, time spent IMing QA, time spent emailing, and time spent watching tv, walking dog, or cleaning house while working. I know for sure their hands are off the keyboard a LOT!

Download time in between jobs - Justsayin

[ In Reply To ..]
I work in CS and it is 15 seconds per job.

I have kept those statistics. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
A while back, I kept statistics for this for a day. It often is 30 to 45 seconds to upload and download. The audio has been taking longer to download now than it did at that time.

Out of curiosity, one time I did the headings/formatting first and it took 5 minutes (!) To format an H&P. It is a major time consumer to change all system headings to caps or mixed case depending on the account and to add all the commas or numbered list for the meds.

I have been keeping statistics for the time to complete an ASR report versus straight typing. I only keep the time I am actually in the report, i.e., I don't count the time spent completing the ADT. I compare the theoretical time it would take to straight type (3 x minutes dictation), and at least 95% of the time, it takes the same amount of time or greater to do the ASR.

When I used to work in house, we were given 2 hours downtime to account for ADT entry and upload/download. We were paid an hourly wage for that. I kept statistics for these for a short time and was surprised that this amount of nontranscription time came out to be about 2 hours.

I have kept these statistics using a free stopwatch program.

These statistics were done in DQS 7. nm - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

MMmodal Is Surely The Cesspool/septic Tank Of MT. Sm
Jan 16, 2013

I have NEVER in 20 years worked for such a sewer. ...

Who Actually Likes VR/SR?
Oct 09, 2010

Is there anyone here who actually likes voice recognition work? I like it because it is less taxing on my body. I would LOVE it if the pay for my company was better. Who actually likes it? ...

Softscript Likes/dislikes?--sm
Dec 21, 2009

Thinking about applying to Softscript.  If you have worked for them could you please tell me likes and/or dislikes? It says on their website they do not outsource, does anybody know if this is true or not? TIA!! ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

Is There Anyone Here Who Likes Working For SoftScript
Aug 28, 2012

I have a job interview with them.  Need to hear from those who are satisfied with working there.  I have heard off the negatives.  Are there any positives?  What about bennies, cents per line, incentives.  What type of insurance offere and what are the premiums.  TIA ...

Who Here Likes/loves Nuance??
Mar 12, 2013

I would love to know if anybody actually likes or loves their work at Nuance.  I have recently lost my job to MModal, yet one more time (MedQuist before) and am applying and testing. I have done and passed everything but the typing test, should I even bother??  Oh and yes what is their competitive pay?  Thanks for all your help and suggesions. I do plan on working swing shift and wonder what the shift differential is. Thanks all, Carol   ...

As Long As You Are Miserable, You Get Likes, If You Have A
Apr 25, 2014

I posted below under are you happy section and responded to someone who said Americans are not spoiled which I very much think I am (now). I told about how life is for me and got so many dislikes; however if you post about your terrible life, cannot find nor keep a job, have to go on goverment assistance, not knowing where your next meal is coming from, not enough to pay your rent, everyone then is like a cheerleader all in your corner. Not everyone is in the same boat but I think most would lov ...

When Giving Opinions Of Various Companies Whether Likes Or Dislikes
Aug 31, 2012

Most people are vague in their comments.  Give the details i.e. why you don't like the platform, why you don't like the benefits.  Or what type of benefits, how much you pay for the benefits, etc., how many vacation days you get, how is the vacation/sick pay calculated, hourly or average of lines, etc. ...

From A Dialup Employee Who LIKES 6.1, And I Am More Concerned Now About Crackdown On Required To Sen
Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found ...

ASR Statistics - I Don't Get It.
Jul 16, 2012

I don't understand the difference between (statistics for production including inactive time) "Your Gross/Active Lines Per Hour" and "M*Modal Average Gross/Active Lines Per Hour". The counts are different with the "M Modal" lines being less. Then there is (statistics without inactive time, ie what they think you should be producing) "Your Net/Keyboard Lines Per Hour" (-inactive time) and "M*Modal Average Net/Keyboard Lines Per Hour". The counts are different with the M Modal count be ...

OK, I Checked My Statistics For
Mar 04, 2010

1-1/2 days of work.  Out of 50 reports I sent 4 to QA (none of which were able to be filled in by QA). The reports I sent to QA totaled over 200 lines!  I did the calculations (lines done divided by lines sent to QA x 100) and I came in over 10%. It is a no-brainer...MQ says they trust me to make the decision to send blanks to QA or the customer, so I will no longer be sending many reports (especially the long ones) to QA once this process is put in place.  I was a ...

DEP MT's And ASR Productivity Statistics
Nov 11, 2011

Does anyone get emails weekly or every other week with their statistics for DEP and ASR?  I've been getting these and it includes suggestions to get more productivity such as, using left/right arrows, ctrl+shift+left, etc.  It also give me total gross AST activity length, length of time an ASR job is open, length of time spent making changes to an ASR, total inactivity length.  I don't know what to think about this, except that they want more work out of me. ...

Production Statistics
Jun 21, 2012

Here's what I think is the reason for the production statistics and what I think is going to happen this summer.  I believe that MM will say they are reducing ASR pay to 4 cpl across the board and that we can all increase production by following the recommendations in their emails.  I hope I'm wrong but if this happens and I get 2/3 of what I am making now, they will get 2/3 of the editing I am doing now until they figure it out and fire me.  ...

Daily Statistics
Jan 29, 2015

Wondering how 1 job sent to QA because of dictator being a mush mouth can equate to 9%.  Doesn't make sense to me.  ...

Job Typed, But Not On Statistics Detail Log Which
Jun 28, 2010

means I typed a job, but someone else got the credit for it.  Im new to MQ and I dont know what I did to have this happen.  I sure dont want it to happen again.  Has this happened to anyone else?  When IT researched the jobs it said it had been "discarded." ...

Interesting Statistics Regarding ESL Physicians
May 08, 2011

If you think you are getting more and more ESL dictators, you are probably right.  According to a public website, there were 2130 Visa petitions/applications and 748 Green Card petitions/applications for PHYSICIANS for the year 2010 alone.  That does not include all the ESL physicians that came into the United States over the previous years.  Yes, some applications were denied, but why do these hospitals feel they need that many foreign physicians to begin with.  If you are ...

ASR Productivity Statistics Rant
Oct 25, 2011

Regarding ASR productivity statistics, measured in ines and hours.  If the goal is to minimize the difference between gross and net LPH by decreasing inactivity length, then instruct all dictators to stop eating, talking to others, pausing, etc when dictating, and stop telling me to limit my time spent researching in one instance and then in another I'm being told to use the multiple resources available--you can't have it both ways! Regarding total mouse clicks:  Get real!&n ...

ASR Proficiency Statistics - So Much Wrong With This!
Nov 16, 2012

I scored low in everything - key strokes, playback speed, editing while audio is playing, etc. Everything they advise plays havoc with accuracy!!!! If I did what they advise me to, I would flunk an audit so bad. I might as well just read the document and edit what looks wrong. Nevermind that reading the document won't do any good because ASR leaves out text, adds text, puts in wrong numbers in the labs, etc. ...

Fluency's Statistics Inaccurate
May 22, 2013

I've noticed for about a month now that when I compare the number of jobs I've done per day on my daily log sheet to Fluency's, it doesn't match. There are usually one or two, sometimes three jobs fewer than what I've actually done. I figure I'll only get minimum wage anyway, so I haven't reported it, but I would like credit for what I do. I wonder if there's a way someone else can be syphoning off my completed work and getting credit for it. ...

Weekly Emails Detailing ASR Statistics.....
Nov 05, 2010

How about giving me some straight typing and compare that productivity rate to the ASR productivity rate????? But they can't take the truth! I'm sure my productivity rate will be low ..... and then they will tell me how to improve my ASR production! ..... I doubt it. I already use the short cuts. Nothing will help with reports needing multiple corrections per line. Sure, I can Ctl M to supposedly get me to the place I need, but that never brings me to the exact spot, so I have to ...

I Wish They Wouldn't Send Productivity Statistics...
May 03, 2012

It just ticks me off and makes me feel stalked.  I find it extremely negative and not helpful at all. ...

Got My ASR Production/inactive Time Statistics ;)
Jul 10, 2012

Of course I'm over the "target". Hmm.... they us answering the phone, searching the internet and walking away from the work station. One huge cause of inactive time they are conspicuously leaving out is taking the time to read client profiles! - Especially when I am getting many jobs outside of my usual BOB. I'm happy to do a good job - follow the CP, make sure I have the right drug and dosage because the doctor can't pronounce the drug well enough, find the correct name of a s ...

Noticed Anything Strange About The Productivity Statistics?
Oct 10, 2012

My latest one says I had only 2.3% inactive time.  I'm like, yeah, right. ...

Is There A Way To Hide The Huge Statistics Panel In 7.2??
Mar 07, 2013

It takes up most of the screen, and I don't care about any of those statistics anyway.  Just let me work without harrassing me about my stats. ...

Boy, According To Ongoing Statistics, Every Time A Get A Straight
Mar 08, 2013

typing job, my line count shoots up, and then, the longer I do ASR, the count progressively drops lower and lower. Very aggravating to have to do this horrible ASR we are given. Too many corrections! Too much time to format! Feeling so poor (money) and aggravated, but I start paralegal training next week! Only need this job 11 months (or maybe less as some people find jobs before they finish training!) ...

Bureau Of Labor Statistics Job Outlook For MT
Mar 20, 2013

From the BLS website: Job Outlook Medical TranscriptionistsPercent change in employment, projected 2010-20Other Healthcare Support Occupations - 25%  Total, All Occupations - 14%  Medical Transcriptionists - 6%  Employment of medical transcriptionists is expected to grow 6 percent from 2010 to 2020, slower than the average for all occupations. The volume of healthcare services is expected to continue to increase, resulting in a growing number of medical tests and procedures, all ...

Bureau Of Labor Statistics Inaccuracy?
Jan 13, 2014

I'm a pretty new MT. I've only been working for about a year. I didn't know how little I was going to make when I trained for this--more or less minimum wage. If one were to research it even today on the Internet, they wouldn't know either by looking at government site Bureau of Labor Statistics. According to its site, the median wage in May,2012 is $34,020. That would make it about $18.00 hour, which I'm sure would make you all stop complaining. So has medical tran ...

MT Survey For Statistics Class Project
Oct 10, 2014

Hello Medical Transcriptionists, Past and Present!  I'm doing a survey of current and former MTs for my Intro to Statistics project.  Your participation would be deeply appreciated!  Answers are confidential.  I’m collecting data about MTs in the USA - what they know, what they have experienced, and what they think.  Data will be compiled, analyzed and presented in a final report.   Please consider adding your voice to this project.  Your input ...

New Time Discrepancy Added To Statistics
May 27, 2015

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with this new time discrepancy that has been placed on the statistics every pay period now.  Do they expect you to sit for 8 hours solid and not even get up to go to the bathroom for goodness sakes now. ...

Fluency Statistics Not Accurate For My Latest Shift
Dec 04, 2012

After a complete 8-hour shift, my statistics in Fluency as well as my Job Upload History in DocQScribe show me as having corrected (SR) 9 reports for a whopping total of 357 lines.  There is no way that this can be correct.  Did something happen to some of my uploads or is anyone else having this problem? ...