A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Concerned Transcender - Jackie

Posted: Apr 13, 2010

Are there any other Transcend MTs out here?   I have been running out of work more lately and my supervisor just tells me to come back on later ...... shouldn't we get out of work pay if we are scheduled to work and there is no work?   Do you know if we can work for Transcend as contractors rather than as an employee so we can have more flexibility?   I am at my wits end here and just don't know what to do.

Do you have a set schedule? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have a set schedule, then any time you are waiting for work IS considered work time according to the US Dept. of Labor. I called them personally and they said that at any time we are scheduled to work and we are waiting for work, THAT IS VALID WORK TIME AND SHOULD BE COUNTED TOWARDS YOUR WORK TIME. If you find that you aren't making minimum wage during this time, you should be compensated for to make up for minimum wage.

DO NOT let them bully you into thinking that the only time that is counted as work time is when your fingers are typing in a report because according to U.S. Dept. of Labor that is simply NOT TRUE.

If you want to verify it yourself, call the USDOL. Explain your situation that you are logged into the system and there is no work available, but your supervisor is telling you to come back later for work. When you come back later in your shift, you don't make enough money to equal minimum wage for your 8-hour shift (if this is the case). We need to protect ourselves because it is more than obvious the MTSO isn't going to protect our interests.

Set Schedule - Jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
I do have a set schedule, which is why it is so concerning to me. It is not like I work only daytime hours either... do you know anyone who is a contractor for Transcend? I am wondering if this is an option as it would provide more flexibility...I would ask my supervisor, but honestly she scares me!

Set schedule - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked for Transcend and we documented our time in ELabor there was an icon for any remarks - I always documented only time typed, but would explain under remarks as to why I did not get 8 hours in for my shift by stating "no work/limited work
available during my shift" to cover my butt. Then they moved to a new time sheet system and we were told during training for the new system to ONLY DOCUMENT TIME ACTUALLY TYPED. It was firmly expressed to us that our time documented had to correspond with our hourly line counts otherwise there would be a discrepancy with the documentation by the proficiency team. Transcend does not pay down time, and I remember all the emails sent out stating that if you had low work it would be a good time to use PTO. I would report it to the Dept. of Labor. By any means - you are entitled to partial unemployment to compensate you financially if there is no work available to you during your scheduled shift. I hate to see this happening to you.

Jackie - Head of Household

[ In Reply To ..]
I want to tell you what happened to me and my friend while at MDI in its last days. What you relate sounds very much like what happened there. A year ago, we started running out of work constantly. My paycheck decreased by about 75%. Since I am responsible for the upkeep of this household, I was very concerned. I kept asking my liaison what was going on and she kept saying that it would be fine, they were getting new accounts soon and just to hang on. So I did--for months. I nearly went bankrupt. By the time their merger with Transcend was announced, I had lost thousands of dollars from sitting and waiting for work that never materialized. My friend, who also worked there, is now facing foreclosure because she got so far behind on her mortgage. Is this the same scenario as what is happening to you? I do not know. All I know is that something is really strange. It sounds almost like the way it happened to us. Be vigilant. Demand explanatons. Don't believe reassurances about more work being on the way. Put yourself as number ONE and take care of yourself. Do not trust your wellbeing to the good will of any MTSO. I hate to say that, it sounds cruel, but it has proven true. Good luck to all Transcenders.

Jackie - How many accounts do you have ? - sm - another transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
I have at least 4 accounts in my work pool and have work 95% of the time, but if I had to depend on my primary I would starve to death. Ask for more accounts, actually demand it. Most of the TLs are accommodating in this situation. Good luck.

Thanks - Jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. I have only have three accounts, so I will ask again for more .. but it sure seems sad to me that we have to type for so many accounts just to get some work ... but I guess they really just don't care about the workers!

More accounts - I was told by my TL they wanted

[ In Reply To ..]
everyone to have only 2 accounts.

I have 4 accounts and still run out of work constantly - transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
Then they put more help on the accounts to ensure that we do not have enough work.

Do you run out of work too? - Jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you run out of work on your two accounts?
Yes, on a daily basis - but that is the norm
[ In Reply To ..]
so getting used to it.

subcontractor - MDI/Transcend

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sorry this is happening to you. I just don't get it. I have 3 accounts. ALL of them are exploding with work right now. I am stressed trying to keep them all happy. So I just don't understand why some are not getting enough. I wish they would balance a little better over there. I really don't know about being an IC there, but if I were to guess...you would have less work. If accounts are short, they are going to ask ICs to get off first before employees. I don't really work a set schedule. I have a 12-hour window to get my work done (daytime). I really hope things get better for you. Hang in there. I have been happy for the most part with the merger.

Similar Messages:

For All You Transcender's
Feb 06, 2010

Found this on an investment website. Looks like they are doing pretty good in the stock market.  Click on the link below. ...

New Transcender ?
Jun 12, 2011

Hate to call trainer or TL when I am probably doing something stupid, but.. can anyone tell me why I often get bumped out of BeyondText when I complete a job and have to sign back in? ...

Unhappy Transcender
Feb 06, 2010

I just tallied up what I made this week - under $100.  Not bad for a 40-hour week would you say.  Had absolutely NO jobs available to me for 2 days.  I just cannot wait until some comes my way besides an unemplloyment check.  It is pretty pathetic when you make yourself available for your schedule and more and then you finally have to come to the conclusion the jobs just are not going to appear, as they have gone elsewhere.  I refuse to sit and look at an blank comp ...

Transcender Wondering About Webclock
Mar 13, 2012

I am wondering about the webclock I heard Nuance uses.  Are they crazy strict about sticking to your shift and clocking out for everything?  I like the flexibility Transcend offers with regard to family stuff.  If I have to go pick up my kid or go to the school or doctor, they are cool with it and let me flex.  We can also flex when work is low.  Is that going to go away?  Wondering if I should even stick out the next couple of weeks or say screw it and enjoy the re ...

Transcender - Sick Of Running Out Of Work
Dec 03, 2012

Is everyone at Transcend experiencing low-to-no work lately.  This is not the holiday slow down that happens during this time.  This has been happening ever since Nuance took us over.  I am really afraid as we move into the new year we will see more and more of this.  I am about ready to jump ship after many,  many years of being with Transcend.  I have been in this business for over 35 years and I know the usual "feast/famine" cycles.  This is definitely not t ...

Has Any Part Time Transcender Received An Aetna Card?
Jul 26, 2012

I just received an Aetna insurance card in the mail with Transcend on it.  Must be a mistake, right?? ...

Should I Be Concerned About This?
Mar 08, 2010

Verizon Business has launched the Verizon Medical Data Exchange, a platform to exchange transcribed and digitized physician notes. The vendor developed the platform for the Medical Transcription Service Consortium, established last year by the Medical Transcription Industry Association and the ICSA Labs division of Verizon Business. Two transcription firm members of the consortium, MD-IT and MedQuist, are using the platform. The other vendor members--MxSecure, Sten-Tel and Webmedx--expect to be ...

Dare To Be Concerned
May 13, 2012

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone! Dare to have a purpose firm! Dare to make it known.   "Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has." Margaret Mead   I am part of this lawsuit because I want to  make a difference!  It is not about the money.  It is about saving our industry and receiving the respect for our professional knowledge that we have earned.    Have you ever been ...

100 New MT's Coming To M*M. Anyone Concerned
May 21, 2012

Is it just me, or would I be concerned 100+ folks are coming to M*M this week? Does anyone get concerned about this, such as going from FT to PT due to the pressure of tons of typists? ...

Concern Or Concerned???
Jan 06, 2015

He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concerned about him.   He has not contacted her for a week and she feels concern about him.   should this be changed to concerned?   ...

Have A Question For MTs Concerned About What Is About To Happen ... (sm)
Mar 04, 2010

I do not work for the Q, however, I have been trying to follow what is about to happen with the First Time Right protocol because I do have friends who work there, I am a MT with over 25 years experience and of course there is always concern that even though (in my opinion) this seems like a beyond crazy idea, it could possibly affect MTs everywhere eventually.  My question is this, (it may have been discussed already on this board, if so I apologize) with the new HITECH laws does this not ...

Is Anyone Else Concerned About Axolotl, Formerly Ingenix And Now Optuminsight??
Oct 11, 2011

I am sorry to bring this up here, but I just wanted to know if anyone else who works for Optuminsight, or Axolotl is concerned about where the transcription portion of the company is going?  I have noticed the workload has diminshed significantly since the takeover.  There have been people who have been there for a significant amount of time retiring or quitting.  Even the Optuminsight website says nothing about transcription nor does United Health Group.  The letter to the c ...

Nuance What Is Going On? For All New Or Existing Employees Concerned
May 04, 2012

To all concerned. I was a Webber(WMX). I was proud of that fact and have done very well in the past 10 years with WMX. I'm very fast and produce quality reports at the same time an employee who works their shift.To the best of my knowledge this corporate company Nuance has been buying the world (so it seems) in medical transcription services and I know when we at WMX were bought out we were told how our production would increase leaps and bounds with escription over m*modal and and D.N.S. ...

Shorthand License Renewal, Should We Be Concerned
Jan 05, 2013

. ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

From A Dialup Employee Who LIKES 6.1, And I Am More Concerned Now About Crackdown On Required To Sen
Sep 15, 2010

Okay, enough already my dear friends and colleagues.   This "mutiny" has gone on far enough to long.   I was  very concerned because I am one of those who has dial up.   I am used to slow response time, and YES it has affected my production because of waiting.   So, I was very, very worried.  I did have to take my MQ computer to my parents and use their DSL to do the training and the download of the 6.1.   Support was great, they found ...

Gastro Doc Says " I Am Concerned Regarding S/l "profya" Given His Gray-colored Stool.
Feb 10, 2010