A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone else have to work harder and harder just to make lines? - Fingers on Fire

Posted: Nov 07, 2009

Six months ago with the Q, I could easily have my 800 or so in 5-6 hours and generally typed over 1,000 a day.  Now, I'm finding I'm struggling to make my 800 at the end of shift, even though I'm doing all the same things, typing even faster, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a huge WE dictionary and all the other little tips and tricks and it's never been an issue before. 

Thanks in advance!

Yep - NOMO

[ In Reply To ..]
I have gone from average of 2200 per day, to 1800 per day, and to now can hardly break 1500, even with better WT than I had at the 2200. $25 to $50 a day gone.

Lower line counts - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the reply. I don't know how they're doing it. For the same amount of work I was doing 6 months ago, I'm producing about half the lines or so. I just wondered if anyone else was having the same issue. I spent a great deal of time sick this summer and my lines dropped because I was so ill. I didn't want to die, but at one point, i was so sick, I didn't care of I did. I tried to take a little time off to get better and was told they weren't allowing any more PTO during that period of time (was later told that if I was feeling that badly, I should have taken the time off!!!). I ended up with 9 systemic illnesses from the original one that I let go untreated for 10 days, 14 medications, 3 trips to the ER, countless trips to the doctor, an infected IV from the hospital which gave me a second course of sepsis and a blood clot in my left arm, etc. etc. As soon as I started feeling better, I broke my foot carrying laundry to the basement (thought I was on the last step but had one more to go). 14 weeks later, I'm still wearing the Cam boot because though the bone is pretty much healed, I damaged the structures so severely. During those 4 months or so, my quality and lines suffered (not surprisingly). I had all the medical documentation to back up everything that happened to me, but they didn't want it. They put me on 100% QA of which I'm off now and my lines had dropped dramatically, though they're at least at the minimum requirement.

I just wanted to know if anyone else was having a similar problem or if they're manipulating something to try and get rid of me.

lower line count - sickofit.

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine has dropped, too. I'm so sick of this job. It's to a point where you can work anywhere and make more money than doing MT/ME.

lower counts by weighting characters - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It is all in the programming. MQ can control how the character counts are given to the MT and how they are charged out to the client. It is a weighting factor. So what this is saying now is that they have lowered the count so you are not getting the same as before. Bet they raised up the client side though because you know who makes the profit then - the mighty MQ. This place stinks. They were caught doing this before so what is stopping them from trying again?

Way to figure out? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Is there any way to figure this out with my Instant Text? thanks!

weighting characters - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not familiar with weighting characters. Could someone please explain what that means and how it is done? Thank you.

Shrinking line count - mnmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Same here. Did anyone's line count match what was on their last Earnings Statement? Mine was way off, fewer lines than DQManage counts. And for the first time I noticed 30+ "Regular" hours paid at min wage. Did anybody else have that?

Similar Messages:

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...

Is It Me Or Does It Just Seem Harder To Get In A Day's Work..sm
Nov 30, 2011

Too many emails to read, do this, do that in team work, send requests off this way not that way, or else I will deny them and you have to send it in again, client profiles, read this one, read that one, print this one, print that one, you clicked the mouse this many x.  ALL I WANT TO DO IS WORK AND NOT BE DISTURBED.  Geez.  I miss pre2006.  Medquist you have given me undue stess.  Happy Holidays to you. ...

Work Harder
Mar 24, 2015

Or there'll be mandatory OT at noon. Whatever ...

Is It Getting Harder To Pass Audits?
Oct 21, 2010

I had a report where I was marked as a major mistake. I typed status post and it was marked as a major mistake because I was supposed to type ,status post. ...

Is Finding A New Job Getting Easier Or Harder. Nm
Mar 16, 2012

nm ...

I Would Work Harder If...This Is For The Higher Ups
Jan 18, 2015

Let's see who reads this board. This is a challenge to the "bosses" to try and improve production and cut costs. I have worked in many jobs in my life from delivering papers at 12, to retail, to public service jobs, the one constant in ALL of them is..a happy employee is a productive employee. Business 101 says, if your employees produce more, you need less of them, and that cuts overhead. That being said I would be happy if: 1. You simply paid 15 or 20 minutes a day paid time to re ...

Should I Be Worrying So Much Or Do I Need To Work Harder? Re: Practicum
Aug 11, 2012

I am so glad I found a place to ask this question and hopefully get some feedback from experienced MTs. Any input or advice is welcome and appreciated. I finally commenced my practicum on Wednesday and I have completed 5 transcriptions so far (I work p/t so have been fitting them in around those hours).  The average score I have been getting back has been in the low 90's percentage-wise. Is this something to be concerned about? I know the industry standard is 98% and I do tend to ...

NJA Is Making Moving On To Another Career Even Harder.
Mar 02, 2013

Don't know how I am going to pay the next installment of my tuition. Only 11 months to go, but if I can't pay, I'll have to wait until next spring. Time to apply for burger flipper job. ...

Proof Positive - The Harder I Try, The More Careful I Am, The Worse I Do.
Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that ...

Is Anybody Else Finding This New AP Line Count A LOT Harder To Attain?
Mar 06, 2015

I am typing A LOT harder than before.  ...

Work Harder, Work Faster, Work Extra And STILL Pull
Dec 15, 2012

work is there, runs hot, runs cold, and I plow through it thinking I might earn an extra hundred this check....only to shake my head and wonder why I knock myself out trying.  For what?  Make my mgr look good to her boss, make the company look good to the account??   This helps me how?   ...

Is Anybody Able To Make FT Hours/lines With AP Lately? Nm
Jan 08, 2015

x ...

Struggle To Make Any Lines
Mar 26, 2015

It is a struggle to make any lines and I bet I am not the only one.  The higher ups simply do not care.  ...

To Those That Make Great Lines On Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Impossible To Make Decent Lines.
Feb 18, 2011

I have been put on 3 new accounts this week and I have been having a hell of a time making any lines at all this week. Now, I hardly get any work from my old account. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my line count? ...

Advice For Those W/ Companies Asking You To Hop On To Make Up Lines
Oct 28, 2011

... Because you've already put in your 40 hours.  It is illegal to change your timesheets so they don't have to pay overtime.  If they can't give you sufficient work and keep hiring people who take your work away from you, find a company that will give you enough work.  Save the emails and send them to the department of labor. ...

Have Seen Ppl Post They Work 14 Hrs A Day To Make 8 Hrs Lines. How Do They Get Around Webclock?
Feb 13, 2014

nm ...

"Hop On" To Make Up Lines If OT Is Not Allowed?
Oct 26, 2011

I'm sick of the games these cheapskate companies play. ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

Worried About Being Able To Even Make What I Used To Make Doing
Apr 11, 2011

I seem to be spending an awful lot of time in VR documents, so I am confused as to why I am getting paid less for them.  This stupid VR system types whatever it thinks it might be hearing and sometimes doesn't type anything at all.  I hate this VR.  I am up to 1800 lines but usually do 2200-2500 a day on straight transcription.  I don't know how I am going to feed my children.  I am a single mom and the head of household.  Believe me the child support isn& ...

About How Many Lines?
Dec 10, 2010

Can anybody that types radiology tell me how on average about how many lines they do an hour or a day?  I am being switched to by the line and have always been paid by the report.  Thanks.  ...

TT Lines?
Feb 11, 2011

Does anyone else struggle to get 2000 lines a day with TransTech?  I've been at TT for about 4-1/2 years, but I'm having a hard time getting over 2000 lines a day.  If you get more than 2000 a day in your 8 hours, can you share your tips?   ...

VBC Lines
Mar 19, 2011

Seems like with the industry pretty much switching to VBC lines, we should get a higher line rate.  Like that is going to happen.  Thoughts? ...