A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Proof positive - The harder I try, the more careful I am, the worse I do. - failure

Posted: Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that there are 2 types of sickle cell anemia, SS and SC.So, in fact, I did not forget to expand SC, I transcribed as dictated. Dictated was SC sickle cell anemia.

I stopped obsessing weeks ago - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Once I gave up my quest to meet their *ridiculous* standard, I finally started passing Audits again. No longer do I obsess about minutae or have a dozen client profiles open on my desk top. I glance it over, gleen a couple of important parts before I start and that's all they get from me. I was driving myself crazy with it.

Once I put a stop to that ridiculous nonsense I finally started doing well on my Audits again.

Obsessing - No more, me too

[ In Reply To ..]
I did the same thing. I figured they were going to fire me either way, so make hay while the sun shines and so far, so good. I think once you stop obsessing, you relax and can do your work, which is taxing enough, without obsessing. So put aside your fears; believe me if they want to keep you they will and if they don't, you will never be able to anything right.

Obsessing - One more thing

[ In Reply To ..]
Find another job. I am actively looking all the time and I am about out the door with this bunch. I think that has made it easier for me not to obsess as much either. I almost want to see if they will fire me, but I will probably quit before that happens and I can't wait and it will be no notice, I will be gone. This place has destroyed more people than we can even imagine and they don't deserve one ounce of consideration.
I did just complete paralegal school a month ago. - failure
[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been able to break into a job yet. You know story, everybody wants experience. It took a few months to break into transcription too in the beginning.

Another piece of stress is I only own 1 business office clothes, no business office shoes and I can't afford to even shop the thrift store. The hit I took when MM sliced my hours because they want to make sure I don't qualify for company-supplemented health insurance.
There are some organizations that will help - with interview attire.
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have any names, but I know they exist. Perhaps you could research that.
Thanks. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Nm
Paralegal school - failure - Question
[ In Reply To ..]
Can I ask if this was at a brick-and-mortar or online school? I've been checking into taking such a course myself, preferably one online so I can integrate the school work with my job easier.

TIA!
school - failure
[ In Reply To ..]
I went to a brick and mortar, but the program was 2 evenings a week and half day on Saturday. Designed so you could work your day job
Look up a local women's shelter or center for abused women... - mtnsp
[ In Reply To ..]
the sickening thing is, we do fall under that category... but... women's shelters are stocked, or supposed to be stocked, full of business wardrobes in all sizes for women, even just those in need of a break, for work clothes... At least in my State... Good luck to you. I can relate.. same boat here. We work and can't even afford clothes. Its so wrong :( You can do it. I have learned, sometimes we gotta just ask for help, and miracles await. I know how hard it is to ask, though.
Call your county social services and explain - There is surely a place out
[ In Reply To ..]
there to help with business attire. Believe me, you wouldn't be the first to be in that situation. My state has a program where you can go in and pick out 5 suits/dresses, whatever and accessories. You'd be amazed at who uses the services.

Good luck!

Obsessing, me, three - ~Bounce~

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a totally unrealistic expectation and once I figured they were going to get me one way or the other, I forgot about obsessing and started typing my fingers off, going to make a few $$ before they come for me. Like the other poster, I glance at the CP & do the best I can, but if Dr. Hoedown doesn't get his PE in paragraph form while the rest of his colleagues want stacked left, oh well...

I wasn't obsessing before, and that did not work either. - failure

[ In Reply To ..]
Even got a notation that I did not stack 1 system in a PE that requires it according to the CP, and that happened because I could not see that on the screen while editing!

So depressing to be "told" you are crap when you know you aren't!! Usually, I don't get upset, but they are finally wearing me down.

One worry I about being fired is if a future employer checks up on my employment, MM will say not hire me and that would kill my chances for that new job. But if I quit, no unemployment.
MModal can't say that so you're fine - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Legally, there is criteria for information that must be followed during a job interview. They have to be verrrry careful the information they give to a prospective employer otherwise a claim of defamation can be made. I doubt very very seriously they would ever tell someone not to hire you, that would be a clear breech of interview protocol.

Just got "verbal" warning that I am on performance management. - failure

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe I would be better off on unemployment.

Performance management - as in...

[ In Reply To ..]
docking your pay 3 cpl? That would be the last straw for me! So sorry for you. :-(

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Else Have To Work Harder And Harder Just To Make Lines?
Nov 07, 2009

Six months ago with the Q, I could easily have my 800 or so in 5-6 hours and generally typed over 1,000 a day.  Now, I'm finding I'm struggling to make my 800 at the end of shift, even though I'm doing all the same things, typing even faster, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a huge WE dictionary and all the other little tips and tricks and it's never been an issue before.  Thanks in advance!   ...

Wow, These Companies Are Getting Worse And Worse Regarding Testing...sm
Sep 01, 2010

This company's written test says that I can't use any references, but based on the questions they're asking, I'd have to be a doctor to be able to answer them!  So am I to assume that I can't use references when I work either?  So sick of jumping through hoops for these companies... ...

Urinalysis:  Blood Positive, Protein Positive
Jun 02, 2010

Urinalysis:  Blood positive, protein positive, 30-40 dublisees(???) 80-99 rbusees ...

The Audio Seems Like It Is Getting Worse And Worse
Dec 03, 2013

on Fluency.   I have had problems with it all day.   ...

To V10--Be Careful
Jul 23, 2010

Don't be too quick to tag this all as drama.  I have been with MQ for about 12 years.  I left and came back 1-1/2 years ago.  I was told many things in being hired back that were not true. Then I was micro-managed when I came back.  Things have settled down and I am very fortunate to still have enough work, although not on my primary account. Please know that this is not just all drama.  It is very stressful if you are the main bread-winner.  If not,may not be ...

Really Careful
Dec 20, 2010

Editing ASR.  Doctor CLEARLY states upcoming eye surgery and the ASR transcribed upcoming "knee" surgery.  There is no way this sounded like knee surgery, but that is what it put.  It was spelled correctly, looked OK.  If I had not been actually editing and listening and doing what I understand some people do and just "proofreading," there is no way I would have caught this.  It is not possible to edit MQ's ASR without listening to every word (and get it right) -- a ...

BE CAREFUL!!!
Oct 07, 2014

The comma police are coming to an audit near you.  Be afraid, be very afraid.  Woooo. ...

Abnormal Nuclear Stress Test, Consider False Positive Study, Hyphen FALSE POSITIVE?
May 19, 2010

:) ...

Is It Me Or Does It Just Seem Harder To Get In A Day's Work..sm
Nov 30, 2011

Too many emails to read, do this, do that in team work, send requests off this way not that way, or else I will deny them and you have to send it in again, client profiles, read this one, read that one, print this one, print that one, you clicked the mouse this many x.  ALL I WANT TO DO IS WORK AND NOT BE DISTURBED.  Geez.  I miss pre2006.  Medquist you have given me undue stess.  Happy Holidays to you. ...

Be Careful - More Landmines
Nov 25, 2013

It's probably my "conspiracy theorist" mind at work but a couple of weeks ago I posted a few ASR errors in reports that a great number of MTs were missing/overlooking that could cost a lot of points in an audit.  Since then, I'm noticing a big flood of other ones so I wanted to just post a big warning to BE CAREFUL.  I'm not sure if these little landmines are sprinkled through our reports in order to trip us up on audits but I want you all to be especially watchful and d ...

Work Harder
Mar 24, 2015

Or there'll be mandatory OT at noon. Whatever ...

Be Very Careful When Applying To SoftScript
Dec 05, 2009

Be very careful when applying to SoftScript.  They have many openings but I have applied, when through the testing, got an interview, but they never called and when trying to find answers they never respond.  I would be very skeptical of working for a company like this.  I also checked a little into them and found out that I was not the first one that this has happened to, plus getting work can be a problem and keeping work can be a problem.  ...

Be Careful With The Time Clock
Jun 24, 2010

at least once a day I go to clock out, and it clocks me in again automatically immediately.  I then have to wait and clock out again during the next minute or so to make sure that I am indeed officially clocked OUT. Watch it closely.  I don't know what is up. ...

Is It Getting Harder To Pass Audits?
Oct 21, 2010

I had a report where I was marked as a major mistake. I typed status post and it was marked as a major mistake because I was supposed to type ,status post. ...

Is Finding A New Job Getting Easier Or Harder. Nm
Mar 16, 2012

nm ...

I Am Usually Careful About Comments On Line
Dec 11, 2012

but this takes the cake.  I have a good notion not to finish my shift.  If I wasn't the sole wage earner, I'd sure quit this very moment.  They start off saying our compensation will be based on skill and competency levels -- right.  Oh and reeking of Obama philosphy, giving us "equal earning opportunity."  Now PTO is calculated on how many hours you work, rather than years with the company or FT status?  Nonproduction hour pay is cut.  I love the tra ...

I Would Work Harder If...This Is For The Higher Ups
Jan 18, 2015

Let's see who reads this board. This is a challenge to the "bosses" to try and improve production and cut costs. I have worked in many jobs in my life from delivering papers at 12, to retail, to public service jobs, the one constant in ALL of them is..a happy employee is a productive employee. Business 101 says, if your employees produce more, you need less of them, and that cuts overhead. That being said I would be happy if: 1. You simply paid 15 or 20 minutes a day paid time to re ...

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...

Careful With World Wide Dictation
Jul 23, 2012

Nice people, but the two things I mentioned above unfortunately cancel those out.  Plus 3 cpl is RIDICULOUS!! ...

Should I Be Worrying So Much Or Do I Need To Work Harder? Re: Practicum
Aug 11, 2012

I am so glad I found a place to ask this question and hopefully get some feedback from experienced MTs. Any input or advice is welcome and appreciated. I finally commenced my practicum on Wednesday and I have completed 5 transcriptions so far (I work p/t so have been fitting them in around those hours).  The average score I have been getting back has been in the low 90's percentage-wise. Is this something to be concerned about? I know the industry standard is 98% and I do tend to ...

NJA Is Making Moving On To Another Career Even Harder.
Mar 02, 2013

Don't know how I am going to pay the next installment of my tuition. Only 11 months to go, but if I can't pay, I'll have to wait until next spring. Time to apply for burger flipper job. ...

Please Be Careful When You Make A Post As The MTSOs Do Come On
Aug 06, 2013

I am posting here because although it is a "company" issue, it is also, I think a "general" issue.  I recently started working for a smaller MTSO.  When I sent in paperwork, there were problems on their end with apparently being able to open and print my scanned documents which were in a .jpg format.  This was the first time that I had ever run into a problem like that and had posted on the company board if anyone else had been having problems with this particular company receivi ...

Be Careful, There, Supes, DOL Does Care How Much Extra Scrutiny
Jun 28, 2014

Big 'ole no no, that one. ...

Is Anybody Else Finding This New AP Line Count A LOT Harder To Attain?
Mar 06, 2015

I am typing A LOT harder than before.  ...

PROOF SAINCE DOES NOT PAY!!!
Apr 05, 2010

I got this email this morning - yes, he's threatening to sue me over my paycheck - Remember, he owes me $415: I have your email (received Friday 4/2/2010 at 3.30 PM) wherein you have agreed to the settlement offered by us. We are prepared to send your check for $171.00, as you have agreed to below, by Express Mail today so that you may receive it tomorrow.  Finally, today I have received some emails from you that were sent to the Nevada Labor Commission among a host of other people.& ...

As If I Needed More Proof
May 21, 2010

You know, we hear tales, hope they're not true, but now I believe that the evil Q is intentionally sabotaging our work! I've been on 100% QA for failing my audit.  Yesterday I was being audited again, was aware of it and was working e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y carefully, very conscious and aware of everything I was doing.  My production was down a bit, but my accuracy was spot on!   As we all know, they audit 5 reports and average out the score.  My accuracy was 9 ...

Proof Is In The Pudding
May 27, 2010

I was guilty of taking my audits for granted and putting my tail between my legs and truding on, thinking my situation was horrible and would never change.  Then I read about many MQ MTs challenging their audits, calling QA on the feedbacks, keeping logs, keeping copies to compare before and after QA and today I had my opportunity to call them on a HUGE discrepancy! I got a score of 89% on a report, had 2 "critical" errors, had ALL the dictated headings changed, and added at the end of the ...

Do You Proof Your Work?
Sep 22, 2011

I'm too slow and have heard other people say they don't proof their work.  I am so tempted but find too many mistakes to dare try it.  I'm curious how many do and don't, how much it helps with line count (when you don't), and if there is a good way to train yourself to do it right the first time so it's not necessary. ...

Also Curious About When They Ask For Proof Of
Oct 28, 2011

elibility to work here in the US.  What do they need to see to prove I can work here? ...

From The Post Below About PROOF
Apr 07, 2013

Maybe the company is going down.  Post stated:  Oh, and I understand that 100+ others received the same notification on the same day. Reasoning...none given other than it was an at-will company. Other employees were called out of client meetings to inform them that they were no longer employed...and this included all levels of employees - from managers to MTs. ...