A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is finding a new job getting easier or harder. nm - PAMT

Posted: Mar 16, 2012

nm

that's a pretty vague question - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
who are you specifically asking? Newbies or long-term MTs? Those who are ok with working for MTSOs or those who aren't? Those who only want straight typing or those who will do both VR and straight typing?

The jobs are there, it just depends on if you want that type of work and for that type of company.

Harder. Although there are plenty of ads, none of - them offer a fair wage. Even if -

[ In Reply To ..]
you do apply to one of them, you'll likely hear nothing back. That could be due to several factors:
a - The job is filled and they're too lazy to take down the ad, and too rude to get back to you.
b - They have a certain employee type in mind (i.e., young/naiive, or Indian), and are ignoring all others.
c - You have too much experience.
d - You have too little experience (i.e., 2-3 years; no more, no less).
e - An online glitch makes it so your application and resume never made it to HR. (Yes, this can really happen; never apply through a job-search website; always go directly to the real website of the real hospital or company).
f - You're not currently employed. (Lots of hiring discrimination going on right now for unemployed workers.)
g - You were fired. If that happens, heaven help you.

Similar Messages:

Is Anybody Else Finding This New AP Line Count A LOT Harder To Attain?
Mar 06, 2015

I am typing A LOT harder than before.  ...

Does Anyone Else Have To Work Harder And Harder Just To Make Lines?
Nov 07, 2009

Six months ago with the Q, I could easily have my 800 or so in 5-6 hours and generally typed over 1,000 a day.  Now, I'm finding I'm struggling to make my 800 at the end of shift, even though I'm doing all the same things, typing even faster, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a huge WE dictionary and all the other little tips and tricks and it's never been an issue before.  Thanks in advance!   ...

VR? Easier? LOL.
Jan 19, 2013

Today was my first day of VR. I've been an MT for 25 years. OMG, what an experience! I am mentally drained. Using my hands, foot, ears, eyes, brain and 6 different software programs that have to be manuevered simultaneously while "translating" poor dictation and/or poor VR is the ultimate in multi-tasking. Seriously can we add another task, or another of the five senses to this job for half pay? Working VR is like riding a unicycle up on the high wire while juggling oranges, wearing ...

There Has To Be An Easier Way Of Doing This!
Nov 04, 2013

I need help. I work for a company that pays different CPL for VR and straight typing. Is there a program that I can purchase or download that will keep track of my earnings and/or add them up for me? I'm doing upwards of 50 reports per day and I have to go get the statistics off one page, use a calculator to multiply and then insert the totals into my spreadsheet and THEN add them all up. This is way too time consuming. There HAS to be another way to do this that won't take up my valua ...

Some WTs Easier?
Jun 30, 2014

Just started with a new company and have been hearing that some MTs got in trouble for rejecting certain work types because they were harder.  Do some MTs really find certain work types easier or more difficult?  I can't tell a difference in difficulty from worktype to worktype.  For me it is the dictator that makes the report easier or harder.  Just curious. ...

Is It Me Or Does It Just Seem Harder To Get In A Day's Work..sm
Nov 30, 2011

Too many emails to read, do this, do that in team work, send requests off this way not that way, or else I will deny them and you have to send it in again, client profiles, read this one, read that one, print this one, print that one, you clicked the mouse this many x.  ALL I WANT TO DO IS WORK AND NOT BE DISTURBED.  Geez.  I miss pre2006.  Medquist you have given me undue stess.  Happy Holidays to you. ...

Work Harder
Mar 24, 2015

Or there'll be mandatory OT at noon. Whatever ...

Is It Getting Harder To Pass Audits?
Oct 21, 2010

I had a report where I was marked as a major mistake. I typed status post and it was marked as a major mistake because I was supposed to type ,status post. ...

I Would Work Harder If...This Is For The Higher Ups
Jan 18, 2015

Let's see who reads this board. This is a challenge to the "bosses" to try and improve production and cut costs. I have worked in many jobs in my life from delivering papers at 12, to retail, to public service jobs, the one constant in ALL of them is..a happy employee is a productive employee. Business 101 says, if your employees produce more, you need less of them, and that cuts overhead. That being said I would be happy if: 1. You simply paid 15 or 20 minutes a day paid time to re ...

Home Or On-site-which Is Easier
Jan 14, 2010

I was wondering which is better--working on site for an office or hospital or working at home?  I would appreciate any advice. ...

Easier Way To Find Words
Nov 10, 2011

You know, with all the technology out there you'd think someone would come up with an easier way for us to find words, aside from asking for help from our supervisors or other QC/QA people at our company, or asking for help on a forum like this one.  Anybody heard of anything in the works like that?  Just curious. ...

Serioulsy, Wouldn't It Have Been Easier To Just Tell Us SM
Dec 17, 2014

they were going to pay us 7 cpl?  From just glancing through the posts here that is what everybody is basically saying.  Did anyone make more than that?  I for one am NOT going to approve my timecard because I DON'T APPROVE!    I'm still up in the air on whether I will finish out this week or not.  ...

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...

Should I Be Worrying So Much Or Do I Need To Work Harder? Re: Practicum
Aug 11, 2012

I am so glad I found a place to ask this question and hopefully get some feedback from experienced MTs. Any input or advice is welcome and appreciated. I finally commenced my practicum on Wednesday and I have completed 5 transcriptions so far (I work p/t so have been fitting them in around those hours).  The average score I have been getting back has been in the low 90's percentage-wise. Is this something to be concerned about? I know the industry standard is 98% and I do tend to ...

NJA Is Making Moving On To Another Career Even Harder.
Mar 02, 2013

Don't know how I am going to pay the next installment of my tuition. Only 11 months to go, but if I can't pay, I'll have to wait until next spring. Time to apply for burger flipper job. ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

There Seems To Be More Jobs Posted Lately. Has Anyone Found It Easier
Dec 26, 2012

to get a job lately moreso than before.  Just wondering.  ...

Has Anyone Found It Any Easier To Find A Job Now Or Is It Worse Than Before. Nm
Jul 04, 2014

nm ...

Proof Positive - The Harder I Try, The More Careful I Am, The Worse I Do.
Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that ...

25 Clever Ideas To Make Life Easier
Dec 17, 2011

Why didn’t I think of that?! We guarrantee you’ll be uttering those words more than once at these ingenious little tips, tricks and ideas that solve everyday problems … some you never knew you had! (Above: hull strawberries easily using a straw). . Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will disguise dings and scrapes. . Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD40 (also works on walls). Stop cut apples browning in your child& ...

Things Would Run Smoother If Searching Info Was Easier
Feb 15, 2012

Is it just me..I am on their company desktop so curious...If I am in a report and go to the F5 to search the all mighty repository then it messes up my DocQmanage search page and I have to sign out of there and resign in from scratch, doesnt even save my initial information..And why cant we be in the docqmanage search area and the docqmanage area that has the QA feedback at the same time..Having to constantly sign in and out is causing more trouble then anything.. ...

Clinic Accounts Are The First To Go. Usually A Bit "easier."
Jun 23, 2014

There are, generally speaking, fewer WTs to clinic accounts, and these get readied for off-shoring rather quickly. But honestly, the goal is to offshore as much as possible whenever possible, so EVERYONE at Nuance can expect to starve or take on new and different accounts CONSTANTLY.  The one exception to this is when accounts (rare gems) have already been offshored only to come back to US MTs when they discover the ESL MTs overseas really cannot deliver a great product (even with voice wr ...

Ekg Finding
Nov 22, 2009

EkG shows subacute S/L semi versus pericarditis. ...

Help Finding Gel Name
Apr 25, 2010

This is for a 7-yo with a chin laceration. Wound was anesthetized with s/l "lead" gel. Or could be bled gel, black gel-not clear at all.   Can anyone help here? ...

Finding A Job
Aug 11, 2010

I am getting ready to graduate from Penn Foster in the Medical Transcription program. I was real exited about this at first, but I am hearing that it is not easy to find a job. Does anyone know of a transcription company that hires newbies?                                                                      Jenny ...

Finding Own Clients PLEASE HELP
Oct 21, 2009

Hi Everyone, Right now the company I work for hardly has any work.  I am thinking about sending out a letter to local clinics and also maybe putting out an ad on craigslist for transcription work.  Have you tried this?  I have questions:   What things do I have to consider? How do I charge people (I know I can do line count in INstantText and figure out line count and cost)-is 10 CPL a good place to start?  Are there other costs I need to factor in?  How about tax ...

Finding PA/PAC Names!
Oct 28, 2009

For those "low-talkers" who won't spell the PA/PACs name, combined with my endless list of names, does anyone know the easiest way to just do a generic search for all of them? It's exhausting! Thanks, y'all! ...

Finding Another Job Vent
Oct 31, 2009

I need to find a new job.  The company I'm working for is replacing med transcriptionists with voice recognition and electronic health records.  This is not the first time this has happened either, . . it happened at another hospital I worked for.  The company's response was "you can go work for the service."  Yeah, right, at half the pay.  After working at a good in-house hospital job for nine years, I realize how home MTs are so mistreated.  And, ...

Still Having Trouble Finding This
Jan 30, 2010

I have asked this before and got an answer but do not see what was suggested I would be able to see.  After I have requested a day off in schedule source, if I go into the "days off" page, where is the approval?  I see a yellow box that says "request" but do not see anything about the answer to the request.  I also checked my calendar - is there something on the calendar about it?  Last time I made a request I found out at the last minute I did indeed have it off, but had not ...

New MT Finding Position
Jul 01, 2010

I am a current student at the MSU of Technology.  I am currently looking for a position in Medical Transcription or Medical Billing.  I am very fustrated.  PLEASE HELP!! ...