A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are MS Word lines the same as Medquist lines? - NCMT

Posted: Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks....

Yeah you type 5 and they drop 3. That is the formula. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Lines can vary by what is being paid for. Best is to figure - your character count versus their SM

[ In Reply To ..]
character count. Figure how many characters make up MTSO line and compare to the character count you get when you copy and paste report into Word Document. And Words line count has never corresponded to my MTSO line count. Had to figure based on character cause a character is a character is a character while a line can be set us any way --- a line can be a line with just one word on it is an example.

Thanks... - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
That makes sense...character count matches up pretty closely. Too bad we have to worry about getting ripped off...maybe I am just paranoid!!

You are NOT paranoid. EVERY platform I have worked on - was skewed in favor of MTSO. You just SM

[ In Reply To ..]
need to decide if the amount you are paid with worth the amount of work you do. Every platform I have worked on is skewed, just the one I am on now I feel I make easy money. Not as much as I should make, but the money is well worth the amount of time I put in. You just have to decide what MTSO is the lesser of the evils out there. Isnt that sad?

Free character counter - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I found a great FREE character counter. I put the icon on my desktop and then copy and paste the report in the blank box. It also counts spaces, which MQ does also. It will obviously count skip markers as words, but it's close enough. It also doesn't take up space on your hard drive.

http://www.webworldindex.com/countcharacters.htm

Thank You! NM - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Best Way To Count Lines In Word?
Mar 08, 2010

What is the best way to count lines in Word? Thanks you ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

About How Many Lines?
Dec 10, 2010

Can anybody that types radiology tell me how on average about how many lines they do an hour or a day?  I am being switched to by the line and have always been paid by the report.  Thanks.  ...

TT Lines?
Feb 11, 2011

Does anyone else struggle to get 2000 lines a day with TransTech?  I've been at TT for about 4-1/2 years, but I'm having a hard time getting over 2000 lines a day.  If you get more than 2000 a day in your 8 hours, can you share your tips?   ...

VBC Lines
Mar 19, 2011

Seems like with the industry pretty much switching to VBC lines, we should get a higher line rate.  Like that is going to happen.  Thoughts? ...

150 Lines Per Hr Or ASR 350?
Sep 09, 2011

so I get my offer from MedQuist today after they acquired AllType.  In order to qualify for benefits, I have to type 150 lines per hr or do voice recognition editing at 350 per hr.  I don't know if I can do this.  On a good account, no problem.  But ASR on accounts I have been doing are ridiculous, so many random errors, no way you can skim through them.  Any body out there that consistently gets these line counts every week without working more than 39 hrs per week ...

Why Does QA Take Lines Away From You If...
Jan 08, 2012

you send in a report with a blank?  or even if they think you made an error like with comma placement?  They end up taking three lines away if you leave a blank for a doctor's name that you could not understand or verify!  do all places do this, or just some?  I don't think it is ethical, myself.  but just asking.  ...

My First VR Job....how Many Lines?
Mar 29, 2012

The company that hired me as an IC wants to know how many lines I will agree to produce per day.  This will be my first job as doing voice recognition.  I am clueless.  I know how many lines I can transcribe but this is a totally different ballgame, right?  I do not want to over comit.  How would you suggest I handle this question on their forms?  TIA ...

How Do They Keep Up With VR Lines?
May 21, 2012

When I check to see how many lines I've done today there are none for the work I've done with VR.  How can they tell what I'd done? Do they just guess????????? I'd not be surprised at all. ...

Pay Per Pt Vs Lines
May 23, 2012

i transcribe for a local physician and get paid per patient (and not very much!) instead of by the line.  i've been doing this for a couple of years now and just cannot get used to not being paid by the line.....it's like i just eat, sleep and breathe by the line!!!  and i cannot even get the physician to even try to understand how being paid by the line works.  needless to say, there is a huge discrepancy in pay between per patient and lines and even more so when i' ...

How Many Lines In A Day?
Dec 08, 2012

I am curious as to how many lines on average you do in a day.  Please no posts complaining about lack of work or big bad MTSOs...  I really am just looking for a number and would really like to try to get this info with as little drama as possible.   Thank you :) ...

VR Lines
Jan 29, 2013

Can any large producer out there tell me how many lines they are able to do in voice per hour?  I cannot get past 400 and was wondering if anyone could.   ...

How Many Lines??
May 17, 2013

Seriously, does anyone know how many lines per hour it would take to make a $1400.00 gross paycheck, not counting the "quarterly bonus" figuring my QA score was 99.5... lol!!! I used to know and achieve this back the Webmedx days, right now I have no idea. Thanks! ...

Lines
Dec 09, 2014

Has anyone else noticed that the LPH average has dropped? I am typing more than I was and yet it is still lower significantly?  ...

QT Lines?
Dec 17, 2014

Where are the QT lines that we used to get paid 1 cent for?  I don't see any of that listed on the time card. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me (lines)......
Jan 29, 2015

how they calculate your lph rate now? Minimum is 100 clph. I'm wondering b/c since they half the speech lines, this does not seem to be your true accurate LPH. For instance if I type 100 in an hour and do 100 speech in the same hour, do they strictly look at that and say your LPH is 200 OR do they say 100 for regular, only 50 for speech, so your LPH is 150? B/c as you see, the later formula makes it appear as if you actually do less when in fact you don't and that is not accurate. I as ...

Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 11, 2010

I asked this question already on the company board, but I ask it also on this board: What do companies do if an MT turns in 98% accurate work, or above, but does not transcribe the minimum lines per day, as an employee? Does this MT always get fired, or how do companies handle this? TIA ...

VR - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Do? (sm)
Jan 21, 2010

With decades of experience as an MT, I'm just now getting into VR. I'd like to know, if you would please care to share, just how many lines per hour you are able to get with VR. I know this varies from person to person and platform to platform, but please, help me out with this! I'm terrified I'm going to go broke doing this! Thanks in advance. ...

VR - Lines Per Hour
Feb 05, 2010

I don't have much to compare to, as this is the only company I've worked for as an editor. I wanted to get an idea of the different platforms we each use and our lines per hour. Talking only about editing and not straight typing, what do you average lph and what platform do you use?  Thank you!  ...

Meditech Lines
Feb 26, 2010

I am wonderinig about how Meditech counts lines; if they pay on 65 character line and say meditech does not have that many characters on a line, but around 49-50, do you come out less or does it equal out in the end ?  Thanks everyone.  Just love the program ...

Lines Per Minute
Mar 01, 2010

I have been an MT for 12-years now.  I used to get paid hourly, now they are suggesting 12.5-cents per line. Is this too low?  Is 12.5 cents per line fair, anyone know?   ...

QA Submission Max Lines
Mar 03, 2010

I am sooo tired of looking at that email they sent out about this.  I thought i read they will be sending us something for us how to figure out this submission lines crap.  my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds right now between work and this mess they are throwing at us.  thanks for any help.  ...

CMT= +0.005 CPL, Or 55,000 Lines To Break Even
Mar 25, 2010

It was 275- for the exam when I took it, valid for 3 yrs. It took 2.5 hrs of my life, plus driving time to the big city. Worth it?  Maybe for job hunting. ...