A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

have seen ppl post they work 14 hrs a day to make 8 hrs lines. how do they get around webclock? - needmorelines

Posted: Feb 13, 2014

nm

They clock in and out repeatedly - all day long.

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I'm tempted to just leave the clock running, and - work the hours I REALLY work,

[ In Reply To ..]
in order to meet their ridiculous line requirements (all the while being out of work frequently). Then let them fire me for that. I'm sure the Department of Labor would be VERY interested in a case that involves being told to falsify our time sheets, and then fired if we're honest about our hours.

Highly illegal. s/m - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I clock in to start, clock out for 30-minute break, clock back in and clock out at end of shift. Period.

If there is no work, I OOW on time card. I rarely MUP outside my scheduled time. I have a life and this job doesn't pay enough for me to care.

If you are short 40 hours, they MUST pay you minimum wage for the difference. You are employee status.

They don't want to which is why they'll email saying LOTS OF WORK !! NOW IS THE TIME TO MUP !!

I checked with the Labor Board for my state so I know it's true.

If they don't like paying, then fire me. I'm sick of kissing butt for these companies and getting nothing in return but grief.

But what if they offer some other - TSM accounts?

[ In Reply To ..]
"There's plenty of work in ___'s accounts so just let me know and I will get you set up."

So if you don't want to do that does that mean they are off the hook for the MUP?

Honestly, with quite a few different specs to worry about already with my usual accounts, hard to feel like "helping out" when you know QA/FIESA will jump all over you and your line count will go down considerably just to get those hours in.

Highly illegal. s/m - mt2 - wagesraped

[ In Reply To ..]
i hear's ya on that, exactly what i do. work my 40 and whatever happens, happens. never got any flack from it yet.

I could've written this post for dang sure!....sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have actually only had minimum wage MUP once so far, and it was mere pennies, but it was a HUGE deal because MUP had to be paid. Someone somewhere down the line wanted an explanation as to why my production wasn't up enough so I didn't require MUP. yada yada yada...

I'm sure I could write a book about ALL of the reasons one require MUP while working for this company, but I'm sure all of you are already well familiar with those reasons since the majority of us have been living in a MUP situation for months and months.

I have literally reached my limit of tolerance in the past several weeks where this job is concerned. Because my level of tolerance has pretty much disappeared completely, I have decided that there are other things I'm going to add to my list of "bare minimum" things I will do for the amount of pay I am receiving (MUP or no MUP). Some of these are things I already do and some of these are added as of this week:

I only go into FIESA maybe once a week. I look only at QC remarks with any kind of interest to see if I can benefit from anything there. I check my post-audit reports and put the word "reviewed" whereever necessary, but I do not even look through the ridiculous errors and points taken off because it only serves to piss me off and none of it is of any benefit to the way I perform my job.

I clock in for my scheduled shift, work my 8 hours, and clock out. I am no longer available during my "off" hours (and this includes my days off) to answer the "urgent" and "SOS" calls for help on accounts that have little to no work during the weekdays. I'm done working overtime for $5 or $6/hour and killing myself just to make a few extra dollars. I'm learning to say "no" without feeling like I need to give an explanation.

If I get my 40 hours in by the end of the week, then perfect. If I don't, then I don't worry myself sick about it. There are only so many hours in the day and so many days in the week that can be spent working. There are only so many opportunities (depending on what time/day(s) schedule you work) in order to "make up" for OOW situations or otherwise, so if it is not humanly possible to do so by the end of the week, what else can one do really?

I'm doing only what is absolutely "required" of me to do WHILE I AM ON THE CLOCK because I do not work for free anymore. I do not work "off the clock" and that includes for all the little "extra" things that we are "supposed" to do that they claim "really don't take much time", but it is MY time and I choose not to use it for work and not get paid!

I'm on my way out of here very, very soon. I'm on my way out of MT forever and for good... I hope every one of you out there who want out find the door opening for you because YOU deserve MUCH BETTER than this!

Similar Messages:

Lines Importing Into Webclock
Jan 01, 2013

I am new to Webclock and we were told to wait to approve our timesheet until the lines had been imported, but were also told we had to approve them by tomorrow.  None of my lines have imported and I was just curious if they usually don't show up until the last day or 2?  Thanks! ...

What Happened To The Post About Lines Done In A Day?
Feb 19, 2010

These post disappear for what reason?  What happened to the post about someone asking about what lines you can get done in a day?  It seemed innocent to me - did it get ugly.  I hate all this random deleting. ...

Is Anybody Able To Make FT Hours/lines With AP Lately? Nm
Jan 08, 2015

x ...

Struggle To Make Any Lines
Mar 26, 2015

It is a struggle to make any lines and I bet I am not the only one.  The higher ups simply do not care.  ...

Look What The Q Has Brought Us To, Re Post Stealing Lines.
Dec 07, 2011

x ...

Anyone Have Post Audits That Is Longer Than 75 Or 100 Lines?
Mar 10, 2015

I have gone back and looked at my post audits and since this new pay plan has gone into place, they have only 1 time edited a job that was over 100 lines (103 lines) all the rest are between 25 and 50 or so lines which I find quite ironic.  They can say random all they want but this is in no way random.  They pick the smaller reports so that even a 0.25 mistake has the biggest impact on us.  Their games are so so petty for a so called company.  They are clearly only out for t ...

To Those That Make Great Lines On Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...

Impossible To Make Decent Lines.
Feb 18, 2011

I have been put on 3 new accounts this week and I have been having a hell of a time making any lines at all this week. Now, I hardly get any work from my old account. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my line count? ...

Advice For Those W/ Companies Asking You To Hop On To Make Up Lines
Oct 28, 2011

... Because you've already put in your 40 hours.  It is illegal to change your timesheets so they don't have to pay overtime.  If they can't give you sufficient work and keep hiring people who take your work away from you, find a company that will give you enough work.  Save the emails and send them to the department of labor. ...

Please Be Careful When You Make A Post As The MTSOs Do Come On
Aug 06, 2013

I am posting here because although it is a "company" issue, it is also, I think a "general" issue.  I recently started working for a smaller MTSO.  When I sent in paperwork, there were problems on their end with apparently being able to open and print my scanned documents which were in a .jpg format.  This was the first time that I had ever run into a problem like that and had posted on the company board if anyone else had been having problems with this particular company receivi ...

BEFORE YOU POST - Make Sure You Use The Correct Board - See List On Left. NM
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Moderator - Please Make This A "sticky" Post.
May 31, 2012

When you ask for word help, you'll enhance your chances of receiving a prompt answer if you provide sufficient context for your query.  Sometimes, this means the complete sentence in which your problematic word or phrase appears, but often it means more than that.  It might mean that we need to know something about the patient's history and/or diagnoses.  We might need to know what relevant lab values have been dictated.   There's nothing more frustrating than ...

Does Anyone Else Have To Work Harder And Harder Just To Make Lines?
Nov 07, 2009

Six months ago with the Q, I could easily have my 800 or so in 5-6 hours and generally typed over 1,000 a day.  Now, I'm finding I'm struggling to make my 800 at the end of shift, even though I'm doing all the same things, typing even faster, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a huge WE dictionary and all the other little tips and tricks and it's never been an issue before.  Thanks in advance!   ...

"Hop On" To Make Up Lines If OT Is Not Allowed?
Oct 26, 2011

I'm sick of the games these cheapskate companies play. ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Cannot Log Into Webclock
Dec 11, 2012

Is there anyone else who cannot log into Webclock.  I can get into Alphastaff, but I am unable to go to the Webclock site to clock in ...

WebClock?
Dec 20, 2012

Have any of you coming from Transcend done the WebClock training? Is it easy to use? TIA! ...

PTO On Webclock
Jan 26, 2013

Just noticed that my whopping amount of PTO (24.87) is the same on all three pay periods for this year.  Do they add it in at the end of the month or what?  Just wondering why in pay period 1 of this year I have the same amount of PTO as I do now.  Help!!! ...

On Webclock There Is A Way To See Three
Jul 09, 2014

weeks of clock ins.  Then as the next week comes up the last one disappears.  Is there anyway to see former weeks' clock ins??  TIA ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Question About New Webclock
Dec 19, 2012

Those of us who have been using webclock and are not new from other companies - do we have to go on and do something different and set up a new pin etc.  I got an email about having to view an 8 minute instruction on setting up an account with webclock but I already have one.  Of course it is through alpha staff so do I need to do anything?  ...

Last Day Together Into Webclock With New PIN Number
Dec 22, 2012

I still have not been able to get into the correct window to select my pin number. I called the solution center and he told me to call another department to help. Of course they aren't even open today. Is anyone else getting as desperate as me? ...

Webclock ID, Is This Noted Any Where?
Jun 09, 2013

For some reason I am totally spacing what my Webclock ID is and this is different than the employee number on the paystubs.  Does anyone know where to find this?  There is only a link if you forgot your pin.  Thanks for any help, I cannot seem to find it on my rolodex where I normally keep these things. ...