A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Hop on" to make up lines if OT is not allowed? - Requires fudging your timesheet

Posted: Oct 26, 2011

I'm sick of the games these cheapskate companies play.

My timesheet is always a complete work of fiction. - FedUp2

[ In Reply To ..]

Fudging Timesheet - anonytoo

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah...........I am pretty sure that is against the law. Some companies tell you in a vague way, but the bottom line is, be available to work your shift and if no work be "on call" 24/7....only get paid for lines. Not a good deal. So far, liking IC much better and if that goes sour, here I come Walmart.

Not easy to get job at Walmart - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Might be easier now that they cut out benies for PT and charge more for FT. Micky D's is much better for benefits, but hard to get job there also these days. I sure wish people would stop referring to getting jobs at Wal-Mart on these boards.

Why does MTSO do this. Because they can!! Why go - along with this. Make some copies of SM

[ In Reply To ..]
your timesheets, keep log of times worked, get new job (why would you want to stay here?) and then do something about this. Remember the Q lawsuit?

Fudging time sheet - Another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My is a work of fiction too, and has been for a very long time. They don't want you to put in your real hours because you would definitely be working below the minimum wage requirement, and then they would have to supplement your pay. Isn't fudging the time sheets illegal???

Well, DUH. Of course it is illegal. Again, female work force - wont rock the boat, just look SM

[ In Reply To ..]
the other way. How many of your dads would have agreed to do that?

Been there and done that (sm) - AnaPhylaxis

[ In Reply To ..]
Just got done working a place that I won't name here but is infamous on these boards for about the past year for not having any work.

Yep, mandatory to sit out your entire 8-hour shift waiting for work, but hop on any time to "make up" lines. I once made it a point to work a straight 40-hour week and did NOT fudge at all on my timesheet and, of course, did not even make minimum wage. You can bet I got an email from one of the owners telling me I must have made a mistake and forgot about hours I had missed, because there was no way I should be making less than minimum wage that they, by law, would be required to make up the difference for.

I got the not-so-subtle point of the email loud and clear, and never made that mistake again.

Some of these companies have a lot of cajones, to be sure. I'm so glad I'm out of there and now honestly do work just my 8-hour shift and a decent income, plus I have my LIFE back.

Those places blow.

I did this once - notonyourlife

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked at a place that is now another place that is now buying up all the other places :) There was no work, I logged in, sat, did jobs when they were there (checked every 2 minutes to prove I was "working")... Needless to say I had 2500 lines or something like that in 40 hours, so at the 8/4 cents per line I was getting the paycheck was something like $110 gross for the week. They supplemented me to min wage, emailed me and said if I didn't have work why was I clocked in. I should clock out, and check back every 15 minutes throughout my shift - I should only have 40 hours of actual transcribing time. In-freaking-sane. Now they bought my company and I'm waiting for the ball to drop.

According to the law if you are required to work - certain hours

[ In Reply To ..]
that is considered time working if you are waiting for work. Say your hours are 8 - 4:30 Monday through Friday, anything after 40 hours is considered overtime. Otherwise, they are getting FREE monitoring of the account. WE are the ones being taken advantage of.

So those of you that work here, fudge timesheets, what are - YOU doing to stop this? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No. Work your scheduled hours; if no work, clock out. If you are - short hours, collect Unemployment; I did.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You do not have the right to make a call for overtime. - that is a management call

[ In Reply To ..]
You must make your lines in the 8 hours given to you. If you can't do that, then you will have to settle for benefits not being paid. If overtime is not warranted, and they let me "hop on" to make up my lines so I can continue benefits, then I would probably take that.

And is management call to ask work force to lie on timesheet, so - they dont get in trouble for not paying OT. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, but you don't have the right to OT if not asked to work extra. - Just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are asked to work extra, then and only then do you have the right to OT pay. You can't unilaterally make that decision for yourself. That being said, if someone lets me make up my lines on the sly and looks the other way, I'll take it.
Did you read thall posts? Not really OT if you are told to work it to - work OT to makeup lines, but not paid OT for doing
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Crazy much? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
From OP - The company in question.... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
is very strict about OT and constantly low on work so what they do is ask you to hop on and make up lines if you're short lines. Only problem is that you can't do that if you already have 40 hours on your time sheet. You have to add hours to match the lines, but OT isn't permitted. The only way to get around it is to deduct hours from your timesheet from previous days to add to the day you are actually making up work, so in essence you are having to lie on your timesheet if you want to make any decent money. We're screwed. The only thing I know would be to claim unemployment or find another job and I'm looking at those options.

Similar Messages:

Is Anybody Able To Make FT Hours/lines With AP Lately? Nm
Jan 08, 2015

x ...

Struggle To Make Any Lines
Mar 26, 2015

It is a struggle to make any lines and I bet I am not the only one.  The higher ups simply do not care.  ...

To Those That Make Great Lines On Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...

Impossible To Make Decent Lines.
Feb 18, 2011

I have been put on 3 new accounts this week and I have been having a hell of a time making any lines at all this week. Now, I hardly get any work from my old account. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my line count? ...

Advice For Those W/ Companies Asking You To Hop On To Make Up Lines
Oct 28, 2011

... Because you've already put in your 40 hours.  It is illegal to change your timesheets so they don't have to pay overtime.  If they can't give you sufficient work and keep hiring people who take your work away from you, find a company that will give you enough work.  Save the emails and send them to the department of labor. ...

Have Seen Ppl Post They Work 14 Hrs A Day To Make 8 Hrs Lines. How Do They Get Around Webclock?
Feb 13, 2014

nm ...

Does Anyone Else Have To Work Harder And Harder Just To Make Lines?
Nov 07, 2009

Six months ago with the Q, I could easily have my 800 or so in 5-6 hours and generally typed over 1,000 a day.  Now, I'm finding I'm struggling to make my 800 at the end of shift, even though I'm doing all the same things, typing even faster, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a huge WE dictionary and all the other little tips and tricks and it's never been an issue before.  Thanks in advance!   ...

How Many F11's Are We Allowed?
Feb 02, 2011

x ...

Should It Be Allowed (they Just Did This To Me)
Feb 02, 2013

I sent a dictation to QC for blanks because the dictator was saying wrong words, and mis-speaking.  I just got about 7 major errors for things which the dictator changed mind, slurred, and that is why I put it in the pending with questions to begin with.  So, is this the correct policy. Put in the blanks, question certain words and then still get in trouble for this as major errors? I did not put through to client, questioned each, put difficult dictator in box, please help and then I ...

Uh Oh...we Were Allowed To
Dec 25, 2014

in case of NJA, which I did, but now I am not having NJA.  Will have to find out what to do.  All the new ideas seem to be bad ones, but then, what would one expect with MM. ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

If & Is Not Allowed To Be Use Why Does ASR Print It
Jul 18, 2012

x ...

I Was Not Allowed To Take Off For This Weekend.
May 25, 2013

As I watched my family leave and our dog to head to our relatives cabin in the next neighboring state last night, I cleaned the house and did some laundry and worked my last hour typing.  This morning I am ready to work my 8 hours and what happens???  NO WORK.  You think I would be used to this by now after all these years, but now I am really ANGRY!  I have done this when it is Easter, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.  That is it.  No more will I ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

Are We Not Allowed To Put ('s) In The Nickname Section?
Dec 16, 2009

Everytime I try to respond to someone and put a ('s) like if I put "plumber's wife" or something like that in the Nickname section on post a message, and go to send it I get an error and it will not send. Now if I remove the ('s) then it sends.  Happen to anyone else? ...

How Many Excused Absences Are You Allowed...
Jan 08, 2013

And what happens if you exceed that number? ...

What Have We Allowed To Happen To Our Profession?
May 22, 2014

Ladies and Gentleman MTs -- Twenty years ago I earned 7 cpl at my job as an IC MT, was treated fairly by my employer, paid weekend and holiday bonuses, as well as quan/qual bonuses.  Although hours were long, worked most holidays and weekends, I earned around $45,000/yr, about $35.00 an hour and was free to choose the hours that I worked.   Could we all just take some control over our professions, please?  Yes, being an MT is a profession.  How much specialized education, t ...

Are We Allowed To Use Downloaded Version
Oct 30, 2014

I guess you can no longer buy full licensed copies of MS Word on a disk ???  I see you can get MS Word 2013 in downloadable form, starting with a "trial" and then I guess you end up paying per year or month?  So, is this acceptable or do we HAVE to have it on disk? ...

More Blanks Allowed Before Sending To IQA
Jan 13, 2015

Ok, got E-mail about changing when we have to send reports to IQA and when we can just ship on. Increasing number of blanks, etc.  Anyone understand how this is going to impact our 10% or less criteria?  I may be crazy, but sounds like we might be getting a break here. Guess we have been shipping too much to IQA. When in doubt we don't want to lose money with a wrong guess. ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

Here's A Question, Serious Answers, NO Fighting Allowed...
Dec 24, 2011

Since I made my lines hours ago lol, and I'm messing around trying to let someone else make their lines, I've been roaming around, reading back posts.  And I swear to you all I'm not trying to cause trouble, start drama or pick fights, I just have a very serious question. For the MTs who are "struggling" or not making it, etc and to all the MTs who are sure it's a "dying field" or it's "already dead".  What keeps you in the MT field?  I know jobs are real ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Cardioscribes - India MTSO - Why Are They Allowed To Post? Sm
Mar 22, 2010

Their ad even boasts about offshore work.  "This position will include editing VR files, MT files, and offshore files - all through the same software. " See link. Surprised the moderators have not dumped the ad or is that all a thing of the past here at MTStars? http://forum.mtstars.com/207366.html ...

What Are Some Questions That You Guys Ask During Interview? (Am I Allowed To Ask This Moderator)- Sm
Feb 22, 2011

x ...

Am I Allowed To Change Font Size In Ebeyondtxt?
Apr 29, 2013

nm ...

Anyone Know Why Semi-private Hospital Rooms Are Still Allowed Under HIPAA?
Oct 06, 2010

I work for one of the big MTSOs, take annual HIPAA training, and know I am subject to fines or discharge for disclosing someone else̢۪s medical info, either intentionally or accidentally such as via an incorrect C/C. I am therefore baffled as to why hospitals are still allowed to put patients in semiprivate rooms where HIPAA rules just seem to go out the window. For example, just yesterday I returned from a 23-hour overnight after an outpatient procedure at a well-regarded acute-care hos ...