A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

work harder, work faster, work extra and STILL pull - the same amount of lines per pay period. why? sm

Posted: Dec 15, 2012

Cry  work is there, runs hot, runs cold, and I plow through it thinking I might earn an extra hundred this check....only to shake my head and wonder why I knock myself out trying.  For what?  Make my mgr look good to her boss, make the company look good to the account??   This helps me how?  

Oh, I so agree with your post. sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It is like running "backwards" in place.

I can find a few reasons in my job. Not sure if these would apply to your situation.

First, the percentage in VR versus transcription gets higher and higher, but the speech recognition gets worse and worse. Why is it getting worse? Counterproductive.

Secondly, my supervisor keeps switching my work around so I get horrible accounts I rarely work on while I see my primary account being worked on by others. WTH? Talk about knocking the wind out of my sails. Yeah, that would be the primary that I get mostly 100% on in my QA reviews. Force me into the backups with the unintelligible mumblers and poor sound quality and there goes my scores, speed, and bonus. I could see if there was no work in my primary, but there is a lot of work there.

to the above poster (anon) - You are so right... - they know what they are

[ In Reply To ..]
doing. They are trying to slow you down. I sometimes see headings in the report that make no sense at all, numbers that should be spelled out, wanting you to add additional information to the demographics screen such as assistant surgeon, which normally would appear in the report, but in order to keep from paying you for it, it auto-populates into the report after you upload it.

They bounce you around to keep you from working on the accounts you know like the back of your hand because they know thats where you will make more money.

Everything is VR now, even the stuff that shouldn't be. To get a straight typing report anymore is now like a treat. Sure they will offer you 10 cents a line for straight typing because they know you wont be getting any.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Else Have To Work Harder And Harder Just To Make Lines?
Nov 07, 2009

Six months ago with the Q, I could easily have my 800 or so in 5-6 hours and generally typed over 1,000 a day.  Now, I'm finding I'm struggling to make my 800 at the end of shift, even though I'm doing all the same things, typing even faster, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a huge WE dictionary and all the other little tips and tricks and it's never been an issue before.  Thanks in advance!   ...

Faster! Faster! No Mouse Clicks Allowed!
Mar 17, 2013

Right when you think MM (Merciless Master) couldn't possibly come up with a new way to add stress to your job, they make you install a software that counts your mouse clicks! My friends who still work in hospitals wouldn't believe this! Okay, I've seen everything in this business now. ...

Is It Me Or Does It Just Seem Harder To Get In A Day's Work..sm
Nov 30, 2011

Too many emails to read, do this, do that in team work, send requests off this way not that way, or else I will deny them and you have to send it in again, client profiles, read this one, read that one, print this one, print that one, you clicked the mouse this many x.  ALL I WANT TO DO IS WORK AND NOT BE DISTURBED.  Geez.  I miss pre2006.  Medquist you have given me undue stess.  Happy Holidays to you. ...

Work Harder
Mar 24, 2015

Or there'll be mandatory OT at noon. Whatever ...

Every ADT I Pull In
Nov 05, 2012

the physicians' names have a question mark beside them.  So that means we have to re-enter every single physician name on the entire ADT of every report?!  If so, then what was the point of that "upgrade"?  It's worse now than it was before!! ...

I'll Get A Faster Answer From Here Than If I Ask My CCM...
Jul 31, 2012

While training on Docqscribe 7.1, do we get paid hourly or straight transcription rate with a little extra for training? ...

Gee Doc...can You Mumble Any Faster?
Dec 17, 2012

Im used to this once in a while,,but the majority of them are doing it today,,,or Im going deaf.. ...

We Know We Are Pressuring You To Go Faster
Oct 18, 2013

and you'd better straighten up or we will PERFORMANCE MANAGE YOU!! So sick of being treated like I'm in kindergarten.  Yaw-Hoo, getting PM'd by a TSM who has never been an MT ...

Is It Getting Harder To Pass Audits?
Oct 21, 2010

I had a report where I was marked as a major mistake. I typed status post and it was marked as a major mistake because I was supposed to type ,status post. ...

Is Finding A New Job Getting Easier Or Harder. Nm
Mar 16, 2012

nm ...

I Would Work Harder If...This Is For The Higher Ups
Jan 18, 2015

Let's see who reads this board. This is a challenge to the "bosses" to try and improve production and cut costs. I have worked in many jobs in my life from delivering papers at 12, to retail, to public service jobs, the one constant in ALL of them is..a happy employee is a productive employee. Business 101 says, if your employees produce more, you need less of them, and that cuts overhead. That being said I would be happy if: 1. You simply paid 15 or 20 minutes a day paid time to re ...

Still Cant Pull Old Reports??
Mar 08, 2010

I am at the right screen, entering in dictator last name, date range of "this month", and for facility name I am just entering in my company code.  Still nothing coming up? Do we have to select each hospital individually or are we able to look up by whoever types in our company code?   H eeeeeelllppppp ...

S/l Pull Suctor
May 19, 2010

Once the s/l pull suctor was coming back consistently clear or blood-tinged... This is regarding evacuation of hemoperitoneum.  Thanks in advance!!! ...

Pull Tip Sucker?
Aug 29, 2012

I'm working on an operative report and the doctor dictates that the fluid was evacuated with a "pull tip sucker."  I'm still looking online, but I have yet to find what I'm looking for.  Has anyone come across this yet? ...

Is There Any Way To Pull In A Doctor's Name
Jan 30, 2015

From the database and not get the credentials with it, that would make my life so much easier. First and last name that is. ...

MAKES ME A FASTER TRANSCRIPTIONIST/NOT!
Mar 09, 2011

Here's how easy my job is with ASR.  "Fifth once assistance of 99 ounces peritoneum 29-774 mg of 1-1/2 ml."  It's gonna be a great day.     ...

Do You Find It Faster To Use The Mouse
Dec 04, 2011

I know the "push" is to use the shortcuts but it takes me twice as long to remove my hands from the keyboard to reach the arrow keys and alt+shift or ctrl+shift than to just click where I want to go with the mouse. I was just wondering if it's worth it to retrain myself to use those particular shortcuts. I tried creating my own but they will not work in our system.  The other ones we have are fine but the cursor ones stink. ...

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...

Should I Be Worrying So Much Or Do I Need To Work Harder? Re: Practicum
Aug 11, 2012

I am so glad I found a place to ask this question and hopefully get some feedback from experienced MTs. Any input or advice is welcome and appreciated. I finally commenced my practicum on Wednesday and I have completed 5 transcriptions so far (I work p/t so have been fitting them in around those hours).  The average score I have been getting back has been in the low 90's percentage-wise. Is this something to be concerned about? I know the industry standard is 98% and I do tend to ...

NJA Is Making Moving On To Another Career Even Harder.
Mar 02, 2013

Don't know how I am going to pay the next installment of my tuition. Only 11 months to go, but if I can't pay, I'll have to wait until next spring. Time to apply for burger flipper job. ...

Please Help....ready To Pull My Hair Out...
Jul 19, 2011

It sounds as if the dictator is saying "necrotic syndrome"  however, everything popping up in search is nephrotic syndrome.....this is going all the way through the report...I have slowed the dictator down and listened carefully and she continues to sound as if she is saying necrotic...is the such a syndrome?   thank you in advance for any help. ...

Can No Longer Pull Up Old Reports In Dep?
Jun 23, 2014

I went in to try and get an old report from DEP and all I can get is job submission stuff..anyone else? I rely pretty heavily on being able to pull up previous reports for crazy terms and this 30-day limit in Fluency is not cutting it. ...

Our Work Is Going Off Shore Faster Than You Can Imagine
Feb 25, 2010

Our work is going off shore faster than you can imagine.  According to posts, I see we are wondering about the lack of work, in many cases for over a year.  We are behind in getting info on this.  Google off-shore transcription or any words that will get you the info.  The information is plentiful.  Many articles state the hospitals are unaware that work is going off shore.  They just dictate, assume it goes to a central system in the states and we sit behind our desks and have so much wor ...

M-Modal - Anyone Found A Way To Make It Faster?
Jun 25, 2010

Wondering if anyone has been able to find a way to make M-Modal go faster or if it is just hopeless.  The software can be extremely slow and bogs down a lot, especially if you increase the speed or choose to optimize the playback to skip over blank spots (dictator not talking) in the dictation.  I increased the RAM on my computer with what my employer provided when we first switched over to the software, but it is still so much slower than our previous software.  Has any ...

Anyone Have Any Helpful Hints/suggestions For How To Go Faster
Jul 16, 2013

Since the report is already typed and we are just editing I know I should be going faster than I am.  Sometimes I spend as much time as I do if it was regular typing, but I know I should be going faster.  Do people go faster on VR and if so do you have any suggestions that will help. Thanks, ...

Do You Think You Can Talk Any Faster? I Actually Understood A Word!
Nov 14, 2014

Doc was saying the silver alginate was doing a good job, so he will continue the patient on "surovnick."  "Surovnick?"  I spent approximately 20 minutes looking for all brand names of silver alginate, googling every possible spelling of the word.  THEN realized he was actually saying - - silver alginate really fast.   Lets see, how many lines could I have typed in that 20 minutes?  Even after I realized what he had said, it still sounded like surovnick to me! ...

Proof Positive - The Harder I Try, The More Careful I Am, The Worse I Do.
Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that ...

Is Anybody Else Finding This New AP Line Count A LOT Harder To Attain?
Mar 06, 2015

I am typing A LOT harder than before.  ...

READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT. I Just Finished A
Jul 01, 2011

79.79 minute job by an intern who gave a day-by-day account of a 3-week hospital stay.  She repeated the same things over and over and over.  I HATE THOSE KINDS OF JOBS!!!!!!!!! ...

Can't Pull Up Prior Reports In Fluency
Feb 10, 2014

x ...