A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech lines - How many lines do you average per day - curious

Posted: Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I've tried to "pick up the phone" and ask directely, but my direct super, the big boss lady and the director of transcription won't tell me what the high producer's numbers are or even what the average numbers are.  I think if we knew what others do, it would be a terrific incentive. Either that, or the favorites would be outed REAL fast. ROFL. 

trans tech lines - clarify

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you mean you do 350 straight typing per hour and 1400 lines VR per day?

clarify - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
No, I average about 1750 lines a day - 1400 VR plus 350 traditional. I like to push for 2000 a day, but that has been almost impossible for me to do for 5 days in a row. I work Tuesday through Saturday and there has NEVER been enough work on Tuesdays or Saturdays to pull 2000 lines. I've been there over 5 years. The biggest total lines I got in a pay period was 23,000 - that was a LONG time ago and it was 100% VR. Ahh, the good 'ole days. LOL

Agree - TTer2

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, a year ago at this very time I actually was ripping out reports (good drafts with primarily good dictators)and peaked at about 38,000 lines in a single pay period. There was more than ample work, anywhere from 500-900 reports on the account 24/7. It was an MTs dream. Then I don't know what happened...the drafts became sloppier and error-ridden, and the clean-up became time-consuming and monotonous. It seemed even the better dictators became sloppy and haphazard, which made my production nosedive where it was a struggle to get 20,000 lines per pay period (their "magic number" to get that extra cent per line bonus). Then, on top of all of this, I've watched the work slowly drying up and disappearing over the past few months where I'm doing good to get 10,000 lines per pay period, and that's being strapped to my computer about 18 hours a day just hoping to meet the minimum requirements.

I don't know what's happened to/at TT, but all signs point to something not too good IN MY OPINION.
I agree 100% with you TTer2!. nm - boy oh boy
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
so many lines! - so little time
[ In Reply To ..]

That's sad that you went from a high of 38,000 to struggling to get 10,000. I would consider 38,000 a high producer and shame on TransTech for letting that happen!!  Was that 38,000 all VR or a mix?

Thanks for sharing your info.

I wonder why no one else wanted to share their average lines? Sealed

Similar Messages:

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

On Average, How May Lines Does A
Jun 11, 2010

full-time MT type in one day?  I have always had P/T MT jobs,  but I think some days I'm getting full-time workloads, 1500+ lines.  Just curious.  Thanks ...

Average Lines
Apr 29, 2014

I currently work for a clinic system who, it seems, is trying to usher us out the door so I've been looking at online companies.  It seems plenty pay by the line but I have NO clue how many lines per hour I can even do because the only number my place of employment gives us is average minutes per hour for an entire month (our bare minimum is 12 min/hr).  So I am curious to know what sort of average lines per hour you ladies can do?  We really cannot afford for me to take a hu ...

AVERAGE LINES PER MONTH
Sep 17, 2010

Hello, Can someone tell me how many lines per month should the average transcriptionist be able to do. Thanks ...

How Many Lines Do You Average A Pay-period?
Mar 10, 2012

Not talking straight typing but VR line average per week or per pay-period. I know its a personal question but we are all anonymous here. So for example do you average: 7000 a wk 9000 a wk 15,000 a pay-period. 18,000 a pay-period. Me personally, I have been only averaging 14 to 15,000 a pay-period. Trying to work on improving and I work 40hrs per week, so basically only doing anywhere from 7000 to 8000 per week. Just curious if I am average, below average...I am assuming below ave ...

How Many Lines Do Ya'll Average Per 8 Hour Day?
Feb 04, 2015

and is that straight/VR or both? Thanks! ...

How Many Lines Will You Type In A Week On Average?
Sep 15, 2010

How many lines will you type in a week on average?  I am typing anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 lines a week.  I spend my entire life typing, cooking and sleeping.  I very rarely have to time to go anywhere or do anything.  I was just wondering if everyone else who types at home has to type so much.  I work seven days a week and never get a day off.  I am just getting so tired and I think I need a break but if I do not do it, it just piles up and no one else helps out, so what's a girl ...

Median Versus Average Lines?
Sep 03, 2011

Can someone tell me the difference between median and average lines per hour?  My median is 283.3, but my average is 247.9 (this is just for today's date).  I have been working for 6 hours and my lines are 1320.  Does not compute... lol Thanks. ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

Powerscribe - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Edit On Average?
Jun 01, 2010

I was wondering if anybody out there was paid per line for Powerscribe and how many lines per hour do you edit on average?  I have always been paid a report rate for Powerscribe Radiology.  Also, which version do you use?  Thanks!! ...

What Is A Good Average Lines Per Hour On Meditech?
Mar 30, 2011

I have just started on Meditech.  Never used it before.  I am a long time veteran of 30 years, but this sure doesn't seem like a very productive program.  Any productivity tips??  I just wondered what a good average lph rate would be. ...

How Long Does It Normally Take To Transcribe 1000 Lines On Average?
Dec 29, 2011

I know this can vary of course.  I have built up my shorthand to over 12,000 entries.  I really think I have my speed up considerably but have been paid by the hour working on straigt typing with tapes for some time now.  We are going to VR and may need to pick up a second job to take up the slack in work.  Can someone give me some idea of what to expect in time to take on another PT or FT position (depending on the amount of downtime I will have soon)? ...

On Average How Many Hours Would It Take To Type 1750 Lines Per Day With Straight Typing??? Thanks. N
Jun 01, 2012

nm ...

For TransTech Employees - Lines
Aug 22, 2014

Is anyone having trouble meeting their quota? Even with enough work available, I cannot reach my required lines per shift. It's a combo of speech (75%) and non-speech (25%). The dictators are fairly decent and the speech engine seems well trained. I'm just wondering if the issue might not be my capability so much as the line-counting feature they use.  ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

About How Many Lines?
Dec 10, 2010

Can anybody that types radiology tell me how on average about how many lines they do an hour or a day?  I am being switched to by the line and have always been paid by the report.  Thanks.  ...

TT Lines?
Feb 11, 2011

Does anyone else struggle to get 2000 lines a day with TransTech?  I've been at TT for about 4-1/2 years, but I'm having a hard time getting over 2000 lines a day.  If you get more than 2000 a day in your 8 hours, can you share your tips?   ...

VBC Lines
Mar 19, 2011

Seems like with the industry pretty much switching to VBC lines, we should get a higher line rate.  Like that is going to happen.  Thoughts? ...

150 Lines Per Hr Or ASR 350?
Sep 09, 2011

so I get my offer from MedQuist today after they acquired AllType.  In order to qualify for benefits, I have to type 150 lines per hr or do voice recognition editing at 350 per hr.  I don't know if I can do this.  On a good account, no problem.  But ASR on accounts I have been doing are ridiculous, so many random errors, no way you can skim through them.  Any body out there that consistently gets these line counts every week without working more than 39 hrs per week ...

Why Does QA Take Lines Away From You If...
Jan 08, 2012

you send in a report with a blank?  or even if they think you made an error like with comma placement?  They end up taking three lines away if you leave a blank for a doctor's name that you could not understand or verify!  do all places do this, or just some?  I don't think it is ethical, myself.  but just asking.  ...

My First VR Job....how Many Lines?
Mar 29, 2012

The company that hired me as an IC wants to know how many lines I will agree to produce per day.  This will be my first job as doing voice recognition.  I am clueless.  I know how many lines I can transcribe but this is a totally different ballgame, right?  I do not want to over comit.  How would you suggest I handle this question on their forms?  TIA ...

How Do They Keep Up With VR Lines?
May 21, 2012

When I check to see how many lines I've done today there are none for the work I've done with VR.  How can they tell what I'd done? Do they just guess????????? I'd not be surprised at all. ...

Pay Per Pt Vs Lines
May 23, 2012

i transcribe for a local physician and get paid per patient (and not very much!) instead of by the line.  i've been doing this for a couple of years now and just cannot get used to not being paid by the line.....it's like i just eat, sleep and breathe by the line!!!  and i cannot even get the physician to even try to understand how being paid by the line works.  needless to say, there is a huge discrepancy in pay between per patient and lines and even more so when i' ...

How Many Lines In A Day?
Dec 08, 2012

I am curious as to how many lines on average you do in a day.  Please no posts complaining about lack of work or big bad MTSOs...  I really am just looking for a number and would really like to try to get this info with as little drama as possible.   Thank you :) ...

VR Lines
Jan 29, 2013

Can any large producer out there tell me how many lines they are able to do in voice per hour?  I cannot get past 400 and was wondering if anyone could.   ...