A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Escription - 250 line count minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines? - vm

Posted: Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour.

I asked my company...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
which is TTS and was told average lines. You should really ask the company for a definitive answer.

Median Lines - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
Line requirements are like comparing apples to oranges. It depends on the account you get. Good luck if you get ER reports with doctors with heavy accents who are doing their internship and are so exhausted they cannot think straight let alone dictate. If you get a nice surgery account with articulate dictators you can make tons of macros and really get those lines. So, it is not going to necessarily be the company, but the account you get.

Similar Messages:

Median Versus Average Lines?
Sep 03, 2011

Can someone tell me the difference between median and average lines per hour?  My median is 283.3, but my average is 247.9 (this is just for today's date).  I have been working for 6 hours and my lines are 1320.  Does not compute... lol Thanks. ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

On Average, How May Lines Does A
Jun 11, 2010

full-time MT type in one day?  I have always had P/T MT jobs,  but I think some days I'm getting full-time workloads, 1500+ lines.  Just curious.  Thanks ...

Average Lines
Apr 29, 2014

I currently work for a clinic system who, it seems, is trying to usher us out the door so I've been looking at online companies.  It seems plenty pay by the line but I have NO clue how many lines per hour I can even do because the only number my place of employment gives us is average minutes per hour for an entire month (our bare minimum is 12 min/hr).  So I am curious to know what sort of average lines per hour you ladies can do?  We really cannot afford for me to take a hu ...

AVERAGE LINES PER MONTH
Sep 17, 2010

Hello, Can someone tell me how many lines per month should the average transcriptionist be able to do. Thanks ...

How Many Lines Do You Average A Pay-period?
Mar 10, 2012

Not talking straight typing but VR line average per week or per pay-period. I know its a personal question but we are all anonymous here. So for example do you average: 7000 a wk 9000 a wk 15,000 a pay-period. 18,000 a pay-period. Me personally, I have been only averaging 14 to 15,000 a pay-period. Trying to work on improving and I work 40hrs per week, so basically only doing anywhere from 7000 to 8000 per week. Just curious if I am average, below average...I am assuming below ave ...

How Many Lines Do Ya'll Average Per 8 Hour Day?
Feb 04, 2015

and is that straight/VR or both? Thanks! ...

How Many Lines Will You Type In A Week On Average?
Sep 15, 2010

How many lines will you type in a week on average?  I am typing anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 lines a week.  I spend my entire life typing, cooking and sleeping.  I very rarely have to time to go anywhere or do anything.  I was just wondering if everyone else who types at home has to type so much.  I work seven days a week and never get a day off.  I am just getting so tired and I think I need a break but if I do not do it, it just piles up and no one else helps out, so what's a girl ...

Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 11, 2010

I asked this question already on the company board, but I ask it also on this board: What do companies do if an MT turns in 98% accurate work, or above, but does not transcribe the minimum lines per day, as an employee? Does this MT always get fired, or how do companies handle this? TIA ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

Powerscribe - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Edit On Average?
Jun 01, 2010

I was wondering if anybody out there was paid per line for Powerscribe and how many lines per hour do you edit on average?  I have always been paid a report rate for Powerscribe Radiology.  Also, which version do you use?  Thanks!! ...

What Is A Good Average Lines Per Hour On Meditech?
Mar 30, 2011

I have just started on Meditech.  Never used it before.  I am a long time veteran of 30 years, but this sure doesn't seem like a very productive program.  Any productivity tips??  I just wondered what a good average lph rate would be. ...

How Long Does It Normally Take To Transcribe 1000 Lines On Average?
Dec 29, 2011

I know this can vary of course.  I have built up my shorthand to over 12,000 entries.  I really think I have my speed up considerably but have been paid by the hour working on straigt typing with tapes for some time now.  We are going to VR and may need to pick up a second job to take up the slack in work.  Can someone give me some idea of what to expect in time to take on another PT or FT position (depending on the amount of downtime I will have soon)? ...

When Did The Minimum LPH (Lines Per Hour) Go To 186?
Jan 29, 2013

OK...someone enlighten me please.  When did the minimum LPH go to 186?  Did I miss something in any of the various webinars?   Work faster, produce more lines, work more efficiently, make less errors, correct the MDs errors, work outside your shift regularly if you run out of work on regular shifts, help your fellow employees -- all for less pay. I'm ABSOLUTELY frustrated :( ...

Can Someone Tell Me What The Minimum Lines Per Hour For PT Are?
Jun 16, 2013

Was it 125 or 150? Thanks! ...

Minimum Of 2000 Lines Per Day At TTS?
Jun 06, 2015

At Mmodal, our minimum requirement is 1200 lines per day.  That's an awful big difference!  Do people have trouble making 2000 lines at TTS?  Is this a way to get out of providing benes?  (I ask because I worked for a small MTSO years ago who used that method.)  Or are the platform and accounts so great that it is actually achievable on a regular basis? ...

Any Transcenders Out There Not Making Their Minimum Lines?
Jun 14, 2011

I'm just wondering.  I've been with Transcend going on three years now and have never made my minimum lines for part-time.  I've always just worked my shift.  It was never an issue of me hitting my $450 or not.  Now all of a sudden my job is in jeopardy because I'm not hitting it.  I work evenings so I can have help with my kids, but now I'm having to flex days as well to try to meet these lines (horrible ESL and losing a lot of my blank lines ha ...

Are All The APers Making Their Minimum Lines
Oct 05, 2012

nm ...

Min Wage Means More Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 28, 2015

So, I probably missed this in another post but just got an e-mail from our admin ass't saying I didn't make the minimum lines for the past pay period so will be getting paid minimum wage.  Had not realized my state raised their minimum wage for 2015 (my fault for not reading that somewhere) but that just means I now have to up my minimum lines by 20.  Cripe, 2000 per day was bad enough.  There are only so many hours in the day people.  Plus, I got "scolded" for havi ...

On Average How Many Hours Would It Take To Type 1750 Lines Per Day With Straight Typing??? Thanks. N
Jun 01, 2012

nm ...

Minimum Wage Versus Lines Per Hour.
Jan 02, 2013

So I have been very careful not clocking in when work is low because I don't want my LPH to suffer, BUT.....Is there anyone out there who just clocks in and takes the reports slow as they come and accepts the minimum wage?  Do you get "naughty" emails from your lead telling you that you need to pick it up or clock out?  I hope this makes sense.  It just occurec to me that minimum wage would be better than no wage when work is low. ...

Line Counts - What Is The Average Lph On VR Escription?
Dec 09, 2012

What is the average lph on VR escription?  Is it true, 700 lph is a possibility?  If so, HOW is that accomplished with accuracy?  I would appreciate any tricks/suggestions to achieving that goal :) ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

To Those That Make Great Lines On Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Escription Users: Is It Possible To Do 400 Lines An Hour
Apr 24, 2013

Have not done VR since I worked for the M. Is the above platform easy to use because you would have to be flying through reports at today's going pay rates. ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Escription Editing SR Leaving Black Lines
Dec 23, 2014

Hi, has anyone ever had problems with Escription when you are editing leaving black marked out lines when you backspace or use the delete button in the text?  ...