A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it getting harder to pass audits? - mom2huskies

Posted: Oct 21, 2010

I had a report where I was marked as a major mistake. I typed status post and it was marked as a major mistake because I was supposed to type ,status post.

Harder for those of us making a higher line rate - not for newbies or offshore I bet

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no one to fight about it either.

Everything is marked as a major mistake.

On my second job, where the QA people are like hitler, I get 99 and above every audit. Here, they tell me I am falling below 95...

IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Been doing this 15 years. I cannot be honored at 1 job and worthless at the next.

That is what I thought. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
Before Medquist took over Spheris all my audits were 99 and above. But since then I have noticed minor mistakes that are being marked as major.

re: audits - Juno

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what's going on with the audits, but I don't agree that it's a mechanism by which to rid MQ of "higher paid" people. I just don't.

I have been working here for 10+ years, get a very nice rate and my CCM and QA coach HELP US. They send e-mail reminders about changes in client profiles, dangerous abbreviations, hints, tips and suggestions. I get a phone calls for just a "hello, thanks for doing a great job, thanks for helping out this weekend, have a great day"... These actions just doesn't go with the "trying to get rid of people conspiracy theory" in my book.

I'm sorry people are having trouble with audits. Admittedly, I don't know what's going on there, but I feel that all of our CCM and MT support teams should be like mine in our region. They are easy to contact, helpful and will back up the MT and "have your back". Sandly, it seems to be an exception rather than a rule from the postings here.

I wish all of MQ had a team like this. Sorry you are having a bad time of it.

{{~~sending positive brain waves and wishes for change your way~~}}

audits - QA

[ In Reply To ..]
I also am not having problems with QA anymore. I used to have a QA person who was absolutely horrible and picked my reports apart. I have been doing the accounts I am doing for a long time, have never had any complaints from the customer, in fact praise, and had many disagreements with this QA person and most times I was right. I fought tooth and nail to prove I was right. That QA person is no longer with my team and I have wonderful QA people now. I believe the people who have the nit-picking QA people are suffereing from a case of new QA people who are not sure of the job and accounts they are on and who being in QA has gone to their heads. I had to take my problem all the way to the very top, which I had no hesitation about. I had a phone call from a top-gun and told them my concerns and soon after had no more problems.

I say to everybody who is having these problems, fight, fight, fight. Do not give up. Don't let them push you around. I also have a family and need my job, but my pride is much more important to me. If I lose this job, I will definitely go down with a fight. If you truly made a mistake, then just bite the bullet. If it is nit-picking, complain to your QA supervisor and your CCM or higher if you do not get results.

Good luck to all.

That is really funny - that you are the only one

[ In Reply To ..]
You would be feeling sorry for about 6,000 people having a bad time of it. I don't believe for one second you are telling the truth.

, status post - Sunshine

[ In Reply To ..]
When I used to send in reports to QA I used to always type ,status post until I had a QA person that kept deleting the comma which used to irritate the heck out of me. This could be debated with whoever did your audit. I would question that.

two things - QA gal

[ In Reply To ..]
First, ya'll do know that the regular QA people are not the ones who do your audits, right? There's a whole different group for that. We have nothing to do with it and we get audited too. I actually didn't know this until I started in QA so I thought that might be helpful to know. None of the changes made by a regular QA (meaning not an audit situation) count against MTs in any way. At least it's this way in my region. I would assume all regions are like this but I suppose I could be wrong.

Secondly, was it an audit you were getting marked off for not putting the comma before "status post" or just a QA feedback? I only mess with correcting comma stuff in specific situations as instructed by my QC and that one hasn't been one mentioned to me yet so I wanted to make sure it was an audit and not a regular QA feedback. Thanks!

It was an audit. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
In fact, I just received a message from my supe because I ended below 99% because of that error.

wow - QA gal

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so sorry to hear that. I think I should check with someone about that instance because I never add a comma before "status post" if the MT didn't put one. I never thought it was a big deal.

If they consider such a silly little thing to be so important they're going to fail you on an audit for it then they need to let the QA staff know it matters. For that matter, they should let everyone know they consider it that important. Insane!

QA - feedback

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to send reports in for a blank and they would come back with feedback and all kinds of nit-picking for commas or putting "The" in front of patient. These were not audits, just a nit-picky QA person. I realize all QA people are not like that, but some are. It is funny because I was always taught to put "The" in front of "patient" if not dictated because it just looks better and did it on the same accounts for years, then all of a sudden I was getting major errors for it. Also, I get many ASR reports where it automatically puts it in there when not dictated and if the doctor says "The" the ASR puts in "The the." Just a lot of inconsistency; so, now I spend my time removing the "the's."

I hear ya - QA gal

[ In Reply To ..]
On my biggest account, it's awful confusing because if they don't say "the" the MTs will get dinged by the site for putting it in BUT if they do say "the" and the MT doesn't put it they get dinged. And this is client rules NOT MQ rules.

Now, I'm not singing the praises of Q. BELIEVE ME!!! I just wish there was someone with a backbone to stand up for us production workers and tell the clients that something so trivial will NOT be counted as an error for anyone. What does it really matter if someone types "the patient" or "patient." I mean, really!

Okay, I'm going to stop venting now. All I'm trying to say is I understand and sometimes the QA is told something that's incorrect. There's just too many chiefs each with their own ideas. I was told something specifically in my training that another QA on the same account was told the opposite by her trainer.

But this is where I get confused over the critical errors part because QA doesn't determine that. That comes in the auditing process which is done by an entirely different team. If that QA was on my account and the doctor did in fact say "the" in front of the patient then the QA was right to correct that and not being nitpicky at all because otherwise the client would call and complain (and they have) and YOU would get an email. But that goes back to my vent about how something that silly shouldn't matter at all.

But also, I don't understand why the QA would be spending the time to do all that if the job wasn't a 100% QA job. Must not need the money like I do.

Bottom line: You are exactly correct and it's inconsistent for us too. There just has to be a better way to do it.

Similar Messages:

Does Anybody Else Think That MQ Just Does Want Us To Not Pass Audits?
Oct 27, 2010

Does it seem like no matter what you do it is not good enough? Here lately it seems like they only audit the worst dictator. The only reports they have audited for me lately have been ESLs lately. Maybe that is their way of trying to get rid of me. Maybe they want to thin the herd and just send it all to India. I just hope to find something soon outside of MT. I have been looking.   ...

I Give Up! I Cannot Pass The Audits (sm)
Jun 18, 2014

I switched to VR about 1-1/2 months ago and I just cannot do it.  This 99.6 going to 99.7 in July is impossible for me.  I get so close, but just not close enough.  I need to find transcription again, regular transcription, not this VR.  I didn't have any trouble with that for the most part.  Heck, I can't even get the line count I did before VR because I'm constantly going over and over each report, relistening, but apparnetly not doing such a good job at ...

Does Anyone Else Have To Work Harder And Harder Just To Make Lines?
Nov 07, 2009

Six months ago with the Q, I could easily have my 800 or so in 5-6 hours and generally typed over 1,000 a day.  Now, I'm finding I'm struggling to make my 800 at the end of shift, even though I'm doing all the same things, typing even faster, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a huge WE dictionary and all the other little tips and tricks and it's never been an issue before.  Thanks in advance!   ...

Pass Record Tool (PASS-R)
Feb 17, 2010

What exactly is pass record tool? This is the only definition/reference I can find for dictated PASSR (spelled by dictator) and not sure it is even medical.  We are suppose to expand abbreviations unless unsure of definition and I hate to send blanks to QA if I can avoid it. ...

Is It Me Or Does It Just Seem Harder To Get In A Day's Work..sm
Nov 30, 2011

Too many emails to read, do this, do that in team work, send requests off this way not that way, or else I will deny them and you have to send it in again, client profiles, read this one, read that one, print this one, print that one, you clicked the mouse this many x.  ALL I WANT TO DO IS WORK AND NOT BE DISTURBED.  Geez.  I miss pre2006.  Medquist you have given me undue stess.  Happy Holidays to you. ...

Work Harder
Mar 24, 2015

Or there'll be mandatory OT at noon. Whatever ...

Is Finding A New Job Getting Easier Or Harder. Nm
Mar 16, 2012

nm ...

I Would Work Harder If...This Is For The Higher Ups
Jan 18, 2015

Let's see who reads this board. This is a challenge to the "bosses" to try and improve production and cut costs. I have worked in many jobs in my life from delivering papers at 12, to retail, to public service jobs, the one constant in ALL of them is..a happy employee is a productive employee. Business 101 says, if your employees produce more, you need less of them, and that cuts overhead. That being said I would be happy if: 1. You simply paid 15 or 20 minutes a day paid time to re ...

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...

Should I Be Worrying So Much Or Do I Need To Work Harder? Re: Practicum
Aug 11, 2012

I am so glad I found a place to ask this question and hopefully get some feedback from experienced MTs. Any input or advice is welcome and appreciated. I finally commenced my practicum on Wednesday and I have completed 5 transcriptions so far (I work p/t so have been fitting them in around those hours).  The average score I have been getting back has been in the low 90's percentage-wise. Is this something to be concerned about? I know the industry standard is 98% and I do tend to ...

NJA Is Making Moving On To Another Career Even Harder.
Mar 02, 2013

Don't know how I am going to pay the next installment of my tuition. Only 11 months to go, but if I can't pay, I'll have to wait until next spring. Time to apply for burger flipper job. ...

Proof Positive - The Harder I Try, The More Careful I Am, The Worse I Do.
Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that ...

Is Anybody Else Finding This New AP Line Count A LOT Harder To Attain?
Mar 06, 2015

I am typing A LOT harder than before.  ...

Medication S/l Med Pass? See More
Aug 13, 2010

Patient is on vitamin D, aspirin, (Med Pass), omeprozole, MiraLax, sertaline, simvastatin, Spiriva, Symbicort....   This is a patient with pancytopenia..if that helps... ...

I Was A WMX QA And Can't Pass A Test??
Sep 14, 2010

I've taken all of these tests one after another and some I pass, some I don't. I have the experience and did QA for 5 years, so I have no idea why I'm not passing them. I'm growing tired and weary. Anyone else having problems testing? ...

Someone Posted Below That You Now Have To Pass The RMT To Even Take The CMT?
Sep 20, 2011

Is this really true?  I was already on the fence about it....I despise ADHI but at the same time realize having CMT could possibly help find a job and sometimes (rarely) get a CMT diff.  Not to mention the test cost $300 whether you pass or not.  So now you have to pay to pass the RMT?  This can't be true.  I mean, if you can pass the CMT you should be able to pass the RMT w/o having to PAY for it.  ...

Can A New Grad Pass The CCS, CPC? I Just Did
Jan 08, 2012

Someone just asked, so I'll answer.  Yes, it is very possible.  I graduated 1 1/2 years ago from Andrews School but then waited to take the exams (personal reasons). I just started back on track to get the credentials.  I passed the CPC this fall and passed the CCS this week.   Even with the long delay between the end of school and my credentialing exams, I passed both on the first try. I have NOT worked a single day as a coder.  I am ...

Just Something I Want To Pass Along That Could Be Helpful
Sep 24, 2012

I, I think like a lot of the MTs on here are getting fed up with Express Scribe and the fact that you have to go to the Pro Version and downgrade to the free.  Stupidly on Thursday, I removed my copy of ES to install the version that the company I was going to work for uses.  Well, now, I cannot even configure the footpedal unless I purchase the product or one of their footpedals (my footpedal is an IN-USB-1 which has worked on Express Scribe in the past), but now, it is not even on th ...

Just Some Information To Pass Along
Oct 17, 2014

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1 on it.  My old computer had Word 2003 and Steadmans 2006 installed on it.  I could not get the Steadmans 2006 to load on the new computer so as a result, I went for the 15-day trial of Spellex, since Stedman's doesn't offer anything like that.   I called Spellex today (and BTW, they are based in Tampa, FL), and said that I would not be able to purchase the program until next Friday and I only had 2 days left of my ...

Pass/fail
Oct 21, 2014

Does anyone have a clue about the pass/fail that is in Fiesa today?  Just noticed mine and I suppose it has something to do with the changes rolling out but I couldn't remember if we had received anything about it or not.  Thanks! ...

Gotta Pass This One Along ... Sm
May 18, 2015

Dr. dictates:  Postsurgical drains over the abdomen ... VR types:  Postsurgical brains over the abdomen ...   Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! ...

Pass/fail Tests?
Jul 02, 2010

I know that the tests given by MTSOs are from mttest.com and that they are pass/fail tests. Does anyone know what the passing percentage is? One strike, you're out? How does this work? Thanks. ...

Pass/fail Rates
Mar 10, 2010

Here is a link to the pass/fail rates for AHIMA certification exams.   http://www.ahima.org/certification/documents/2007_2009_CertificationExamPassRates.pdf Please note that even AHIMA itself recommends a minimum of 3 years of hospital coding experience before attempting the CCS exam, and they have good reason for doing so.  The test is very challenging.  Yes, people may pass without that experience, but most will not.  This is not an inexpensive exam, either.  The fig ...

If I Suck So Bad And Can't Pass An Audit-sm
Apr 02, 2010

Then how come I passed a test for another company with flying colors and am waiting for a call from recruiter, not getting my hopes up, but hopefully they do cal -- serioulsy I need something to hold on to, just got another e-mail reminding me about how much I do suck :( ...

DEPRESSED NO JOB, CANT PASS TESTS
Jul 31, 2010

I am so depressed. I guess I am trying to vent to you guys. I have taken 4 tests for companies and failed all  of them. I didnt even get an answer back from one. I have been doing this for years. I feel like a dummy. I dont think there are any good companies out there that any one of us can trust. I havent found one. I have sent out my resumes to at least 25 companies I got through my school and on the internet. I also was soooooo scammed through Dit transcription. I just dont know what to ...

Anyone Pass SoftScript's Test
Aug 10, 2010

nm ...

Why Can't I Pass These Hiring Tests?!
Jul 16, 2012

I cannot seem to pass these MT tests to save my life.  I spent all last week testing.  I've been informed I've failed four tests.  I've passed Nuance and M*Modal's test, which is pretty much the same as a few other tests I've taken but failed.  I've also taken two other tests that were not the mttest, but failed those as well.  These tests have taken me FOREVER to do, as I have no footpedal and the dictators talk so fast that I have to stop ...

Please Read And Pass On--I Put It On Facebook
Oct 09, 2012

Please Read and Pass On about this terrible, sneaky, little secret that most people do not know. Thank you for reading, as I know this is long, and I am putting my job in jeopardy by giving this information, but I feel that Americans need to know that this is dangerously and secretly happening to them. We, MT̢۪s, across the country, have been talking and have decided to tell people what is happening to all of us and our medical information. We are in fear of what is happening and are trying ...

Want To Pass This On..food For Thought...
May 21, 2013

I left MM over a month ago.  I interviewed for a job the very next week and they hired me on the spot.  The money was wonderful, hourly only.  It was soooo sweet!  Money great, people there great.  I thanked God every day for it.  Then, on the 4th week, I was informed that my job there was over.  HERE AGAIN...they have no MTs anymore.  WHAT?!!!  Consequently, I am not ever, ever, ever, going to go for an MT job again.  I love the work so ve ...

Will The Rider Pass? ICD-10 Delay To Oct '15?
Mar 26, 2014

Congress to Vote on ICD-10 Delay Tomorrow, AHIMA Calls for Action to Stop Bill Today A new bill has been quietly introduced into the US House and Senate that features a section calling for the delay ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation until 2015. The bill, which would adjust the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) and amend the Social Security Act to extend Medicare payments to physicians and change other provisions of the Medicare and Medicaid programs, also includes a seven line section that would delay ...