A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Impossible to make decent lines. - mom2huskies

Posted: Feb 18, 2011

I have been put on 3 new accounts this week and I have been having a hell of a time making any lines at all this week. Now, I hardly get any work from my old account. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve my line count?

re: lines - imo

[ In Reply To ..]
What about trying to change your hours to when there is more work on your primary? That's what I had to do. I talked to my CCM, she told me they needed coverage in the early a.m. hours. How I wake up, start at 5, am done my 12 and my line count picked up!
A friend (also MQ MT) starts work at 3:30 a.m.! She never runs out of work on her primary. She naps midday and has the whole day "off". If she gets to bed by 10 she's good to go. (she's younger tho, able to get by on less sleep!)

Also, switch your days around. If you normally take weekends off, try working weekends. My primary always backs up on weekends, so I started Sat and Sun as my starting days and that helped too.

Thanks for your suggestions - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I already work 3 a.m. to 12 Tuesday through Saturday. The reason they switched my primary is because they want me to work on at risk accounts because of my experience. It is just taking me time to get used to these accounts.

I do not mind working on a new account, but I think they should offer ramp up pay, which I know they never will.

Similar Messages:

Does It Seem Like It Is A Lot Harder To Make Decent Lines?
Sep 27, 2010

Here lately it seems like I am doing more work, and getting less lines. Anyone else having the same problem? ...

Undoubtedly It Is Just Impossible To Make $100
May 20, 2011

I am just flying along thinking I am doing great.  The numbers just don't seem to be going up.  I think after 8 hours I SURELY made at least $100, but when I figure it, nope.  How can this be? ...

Impossible To Make Any Money The Way The Line Count Is Set Up?
Jan 15, 2011

Is it just me or are these companies making it impossible to make any money the way the line count is set up?  I can type all day and make very close to minimum wage.  It never was this way before. ...

Impossible To How Many Full-time To Not Make Hours.
Jan 26, 2013

I haven't made by 80 hours per pay in quite a long time (almost a year).  I sure there are some of you out there, too.  They must not mind paying their portion of my benefits from health insurance to life insurance, STD, an on.  What is up with that?  I have never had a call saying I have to make my hours up or get called on the carpet for only sometimes putting in 50 hours or less.  I just don't get it! ...

IMPOSSIBLE To Make A Living Working At Nuance.
Aug 11, 2014

This is beyond insane. Why hire all these new people and pay for training and benefits only to have EVERYONE run out of work? It makes no business sense whatsoever. The person making these decisions must have received their MBA from a Cracker Jack's box. It's bad enough that we're being paid peanuts (pun intended), but to run out of work, too? Come on, people. Develop some sense and sensitivity. Thank you. ...

To Get Decent Lines An Hour
Aug 04, 2010

Hi, I seem to struggle with line counts (a few years into MTing).  Some accounts I am fine with and some very slow.  Because of the nature of the work (and working from home), I have no way to gauge if the faster accounts are just abnormally easy or the slower accounts are abnormally hard.  - Do you all (who have decent line counts) feel like you are moving like a mad person or just moving along at a decent pace? Any ideas on how to tell what my issues are or what the scoop is?&n ...

M*Modal - Does Anyone Make Decent Money With This?
Jan 03, 2010

I have been using M*Modal for about a month and a half now and I was really trying to give it a shot, but I am really doubting that I can ever make good money with this program.   I used to be able to transcribe approximately 25 min/hour and these were docs that went pretty fast, so I usually got 250 to 300 lines/hour @ 9/line, so I made about  22.50 to 27.00/hr.  Now with M*modal, they dropped the line rate 4/line and there is just no way that I ...

Is Anyone Able To Make A Decent Living As A MT Anymore?
Nov 14, 2012

I quit my in-house MT job, a job that I had held for almost 20 years, a little over a year ago because of a new boss who drove me and about 10 other people to quit because she was so hard to work for.  I thought long and hard about it before I quit, but could not see myself putting up with her for the next 10-15 years until I could retire.  She was making some of us physically ill because of stress.  I believe we may have been "creatively downsized".  Since I q ...

Is Anyone Able To Make A Decent Living At Landmark Doing VR?
May 21, 2014

Over the past few months, the account that I am on has gone from being at least half straight typing to almost all VR, with only a very small handful of dictators that are still on straight transcription.  I am having a really hard time making a living since this has happened and my paychecks keep getting smaller and smaller.  I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation, or if it's just me.  My account is a pretty busy one, but most of these VR reports are a comple ...

Is It Possible To Make Decent Money With TransTech E-Scription VR? Nm
Dec 29, 2009

nm ...

FutureNet Get Enough Work To Make A Decent Check
Dec 08, 2013

Does anyone working for FutureNet get enough work to make a decent check and how do you do it? ...

Is Anybody Able To Make FT Hours/lines With AP Lately? Nm
Jan 08, 2015

x ...

Struggle To Make Any Lines
Mar 26, 2015

It is a struggle to make any lines and I bet I am not the only one.  The higher ups simply do not care.  ...

To Those That Make Great Lines On Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Advice For Those W/ Companies Asking You To Hop On To Make Up Lines
Oct 28, 2011

... Because you've already put in your 40 hours.  It is illegal to change your timesheets so they don't have to pay overtime.  If they can't give you sufficient work and keep hiring people who take your work away from you, find a company that will give you enough work.  Save the emails and send them to the department of labor. ...

Have Seen Ppl Post They Work 14 Hrs A Day To Make 8 Hrs Lines. How Do They Get Around Webclock?
Feb 13, 2014

nm ...

Does Anyone Else Have To Work Harder And Harder Just To Make Lines?
Nov 07, 2009

Six months ago with the Q, I could easily have my 800 or so in 5-6 hours and generally typed over 1,000 a day.  Now, I'm finding I'm struggling to make my 800 at the end of shift, even though I'm doing all the same things, typing even faster, etc.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a huge WE dictionary and all the other little tips and tricks and it's never been an issue before.  Thanks in advance!   ...

"Hop On" To Make Up Lines If OT Is Not Allowed?
Oct 26, 2011

I'm sick of the games these cheapskate companies play. ...

Impossible To Keep Up Production
Jul 11, 2010

I transcribe reports, do ASR reports and I also do MME work.   I find it impossible when I an constantly "switching gears" every day on 5-6 accounts to maintain a decent production.  How can anyone keep up with knowing all the CP's and keeping track of all the details of each account plus do the production we are supposed to do?  If someone has a suggestion, let me know.  We keep getting all these e-mails from QC regarding a complaint from a customer ...

The Only Way To Improve The Already Impossible 99% Is To
Oct 10, 2012

and correct the doctor before mistakes are made or ASR populates incorrect words/phrases....unfrigginbelievable ...

Just Had A Baby And Trying To Get Back To Working...impossible!
Dec 23, 2009

I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and I am trying to start back working which I am finding impossible.  I posted about this before I had my baby and a lot of you said that it was possible to work with a newborn......How!?  I am so stressed out because I need to start back working because we need the money but everytime I try to she starts crying or needs something.  For those of you who have experience with this, how did you work with a newborn in the house?  Please any tips and ...

Why Is It Impossible To Find Out The Cost Of Andrews
Apr 27, 2015

Can someone give me at least a ballpark figure for the course?  I don't want to send and email and/or call just yet....still not even sure I can afford to do this.  :)  Thanks!   ...

Reversals On Post Audits Are Virtually Impossible?
Aug 08, 2012

So from new info I just got, post audit scores are virtually impossible to reverse.  So apparently the people in that deptartment, QA or QC - whicever it is, must be Goddesses as that would imply they never make mistakes.  Our bonuses hinge entirely on these particular audits and they are WRITTEN IN STONE.  I find this kind of outrageous.   There is no human being who is perfect, so I have to assume that Nuance has hired this crew from Mt Olympus (I suppose they m ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...