A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech lines - how many lines do you average during the day/week? - used2Bscorpio

Posted: Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.  

I wish I did that many lines! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I do about 7500 to 8000 a week and that is with about 90% speech. It's not that I run out of work, I just get tired of editing for 8 hours and my eyes start to hurt. So, towards the end of my shift I always seem to slow down.

I average about 25-30,000 per pay period - Depending on how energetic I am

[ In Reply To ..]
It took me quite some time to reach the point where I could totally focus on editing for 8 hours nonstop but once I cleared that hurdle the lines started adding up in a hurry.

I make a decent living at TT, no complaints.

TT MT - see who gets the "gravy" reports that I DO NOT GET

[ In Reply To ..]
Knew you were out there somewhere, because all I get is trash and NO WAY to get that many lines editing. And TT is not my first editing experience; had prior experience BEFORE TT.

Also, see now who is getting all the transitional transcribing reports now, too!!! Mine have dissappeared to about 2 a night, if that many. I get to pick up all the leftovers from the dayshift of editing and then the horrible evening dictators who have no seniority on their jobs yet. Ugh.

I truly believe you are just trying to start something -- trouble maker!!!

Enjoy the gravy reports -- totally unfair -- but knew it happens. I have been on the same account for several years and know when anything changes on these accounts -- familiar enough to recognize dictator voices, etc.

How can you sleep at night knowing that you are "robbing" other TT MT's of the gravy work -- no conscious!

wha? - used2Bscorpio

[ In Reply To ..]
Who's trying to start something? I'm not stealing any work. For the record, I HATE traditional jobs and wish I could do 100% VR. I don't have any control what gets loaded to me. I get the oldest jobs first. Am I missing something?
I think that pathetic excuse for an insult was lobbed at me, used2Bscorpio - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently, you and I and any other competent editor/MT are "robbing" the whiner (er, MT) of "gravy" reports. She doesn't even know what account I'm on.

Just another sorrowful individual with sour-grapitis who can't stand it that some of us work hard to succeed while others wallow in a cesspool of self-pity and never get ahead.
it's not pathetic - it happens all the time
[ In Reply To ..]
dont pretend that it doesn't. I can only assume this goes on in every MTSO, I don't work for TT or whoever it is you are talking about, but it doesn't make you a whiner when it's straight up UNFAIR when ALL you get is crap and all the easy stuff goes to other people. to me it's OBVIOUS when it is sent back because someone else doesn't want to do it.

You are right about one thing, the person doesn't know what account you are on, but like I said, it probably happens ALL THE TIME and I dont know about the one that first said something to you, but I CERTAINLY work hard, but in this industry the likelihood of succeeding depends on who you know and what accounts you are on. dont get kid yourself if you think it is any other way...
Pathetic excuse for an insult--- At first glance thought - you meant ex-DH. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Hop on that crutch and RIDE IT, sista - Yeehaw!!! - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, whatever you need to tell yourself to feel justified in your substandard performance, LOL!

I believe I clearly stated in my post that it required a lot of refocusing on MY part to get to the level I am at now. I take the jobs as they fall into my cue, which includes reports varying in quality from great to good to fair to horrendous. Since overall the account is about a 50/50 ratio between great to fair and horrendous, it all balances out at the end of the shift.

But, hey, whatever floats that boat you're sailing on. If you prefer to think TT somehow goes into a cue with 500+ jobs and selects their "pets" to assign to, keep lying to yourself.

I guess that's what helps YOU sleep at night, right?

Honestly, incompetent people and their accusations really make me LOL. How pathetic you are.
your the best out there - coldfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
Hey there....as someone who used to assign work to these "cues" (correct spelling is queue), the person speaks the truth about assigning certain jobs to certain people. Of course its not that way with all companies but how do you think they can assign you, for example, ortho, cardiac, peds, etc. Well, that is how. Its all done in the queue, so most work is assigned this way. Sorry speedy butt but you are wrong on this one. I've seen it done many times that one person is given better easier reports than the next person. Uh oh....maybe you don't know everything!!!
You can tell very easily if work has been assigned to you.. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
most of you know what I mean.

TTNT - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Take your chill pill, honey, no one is trying to start anything except maybe yourself.

awesome - used2Bscorpio

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish could sit in this chair for 8 hours nonstop. I get the "numb-butt" and restless legs and have to get up and move. Besides, I don't think my dog could hold it for 8 hours at a time. LOL.

The longest I've gone without getting up is about 2 hours, and the most I've ever had in a pay period is about 22,000. I need to put it in high gear, so to speak!

It's so hard to do sometimes (see message) - EnergeticMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I know! It took me several months to find my "groove," so to speak, and just learn to tune out everything, from the phone to my husband to the dog to outside noises that I thought I'd never get into the full swing of it. I feel you about the "numb butt" (ouch when you do try to move, right?).

The one thing I found was the longer a break I took, the longer it took (and more difficult it was) to refocus, so now about every 2-3 hours I take a break just long enough to take care of necessities (usually only 10-15 minutes), otherwise it takes me a good hour to get myself refocused and back on track.

You're already doing great lines so I'm sure before too much longer you'll be pounding out those 25-30,000 timesheets too!

If I am lucky if I do... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I get 15,000 in a pay period. I have worked on the same account for 3 years. I have no idea how other MTs can do 18,000 or 20,000 or more lines in a pay period. My VR account isn't that great and most of the time I end up re-typing the reports myself. I just don't get why the VR is so bad on my account. A dictator will CLEARLY say a word and VR spits it out as something totally different. It's frustrating and I am glad I am back in school to get out of this career!

sent you an email/nm - happyTT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If you're - TTMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're erasing the dictation and retyping it, you're one of the reasons why VR is bad on your account.

Once more for those who still don't get it... - havetosayitoverandover

[ In Reply To ..]
Work comes into your queue by TAT unless you have specifically been give jobs to complete. If you are getting lousy dictators you most likely aren't having them assigned, they are coming to you because they are next or maybe the last MT who had the job logged off the system and the work went back into the transcription pool. I suppose now you want the MTSO to tell the facility that only clear, easy, non-ESL docs dictate every day to make your job easier? Or maybe you can ask your team lead to just assign you the gravy work, have you thought about that...oh, that's right, you think the team lead is doing the gravy work and leaving you the crud. I hate to burst your bubble but crud is all around on every account at all hours. Unless you are a cherrypicker who logs off when the difficult dictators show up in your queue there is no way to avoid them.

Thank you for this post - Energetic MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, you're absolutely correct. I've had shifts where the first 2-3 hours was a nightmare of horrendous dictators or drafts that required massive cleanup. I've been lucky in that once I get past that hump, I'll get a run of pretty decent reports that I can speed up and the drafts require minimal cleanup, so it puts me back in good shape.

I'm a firm believe (and I've worked there a few years) that TT does NOT manipulate the cue in any way. The dictators on my account dictate at random hours and if one of those horrid dictators decides to play cleanup with his/her dictation and prioritize every report, then that's the hand I'm dealt that night and I deal with, then do my best to haul hiney on the good reports to make up the difference. It's the only way to deal with it and maintain one's sanity, IMO.

ditto/nm - happyTT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

how about when - you are the only one on shift

[ In Reply To ..]
when the lousy dictators are on? how about that your MTSO overhired for a certain shift, and leave you SOLELY to deal with the CRAP WORK that comes because they all require 2 4 and 6 hour TATs while the "gravy" work requires 24 and 48 hours. Meaning I have to slave away making 1/4 yes really ONE QUARTER of what I made previously. For example, I can make 1800 to 2200 lines a day. The last 2 days I made 400 and 600. Come on, don't act like it's all fair in the MTSO world...

Lines - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 5-6 hours a day and average between 1500 and 1800 lines per day, none of which is VR. I refuse to do it.

How do you refuse to do VR? - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not trying to be sarcasting or anything, but just how do you refuse to do VR? I know at TT we cannot do that, and we have to do VR, like it or not, so what do you do or say to your TL to convince them to take you off of VR? Just curiosity, no judgment or anything. Thanks!

Made a mistake in spelling, so sorry - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I just saw my note, and I meant to type sarcastic, not sarcasting, but sounds like some of the docs that make up their own words.

TT MT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Very simple. I just politely told them I was not interested in doing it. Since I am a 350-400 lph producer on most accounts and can do ESLs easily, they apparently did not want to lose me, so they said I did not have to do it.
traditional only at TT - really doubt that
[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt you do only traditional, no matter how much you can transcribe in an hour. Every one does both VR and traditional.

VR - freezie

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow - I wish I could refuse to do traditional. Too bad I can't give you all the traditional reports I get! LOL

Seriously, do you ever run out of work? I don't know what the percentage of VR is at TT, but I'm guessing that it's pretty high - more than 85%? I would be afraid of slim pickings.

VR is more than 85% - TT MT64

[ In Reply To ..]
I do more than 85% VR, and that is based on fact.

freezie - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
But I don't work at TT. And no, I will never do VR.
that makes sense - freezie
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought you were at TT - that's why other posters were wondering also how you do only traditional. It all makes sense now! LOL

I really don't think my wrists could do 100% traditional anymore. I'm pretty sure that VR has saved me from wrist surgery.
If I didn't do VR--- - Old and Tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd starve to death. Most of the work is VR (which I hate) but they have to "save money", i.e. cut our pay in half, so they put just about everything on VR.
Who is this "they" people are always referring to... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
if you think the MTSO decides to go VR you are wrong. The facility decides if and when they go to VR. You give the MTSO way too much power. They decide the price with their contract and like most things, the lowest bid wins. Is that fair to the MTS, no, but you have to stop blaming the MTSO for everything. Maybe they aren't to blame for your lack of work ethic, skill, dedication, etc. I dare say the majority of MTs in this country make a decent living...it's the one's who don't treat it like a true profession any longer who do all the complaining.

Similar Messages:

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

How Many Lines Will You Type In A Week On Average?
Sep 15, 2010

How many lines will you type in a week on average?  I am typing anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 lines a week.  I spend my entire life typing, cooking and sleeping.  I very rarely have to time to go anywhere or do anything.  I was just wondering if everyone else who types at home has to type so much.  I work seven days a week and never get a day off.  I am just getting so tired and I think I need a break but if I do not do it, it just piles up and no one else helps out, so what's a girl ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

On Average, How May Lines Does A
Jun 11, 2010

full-time MT type in one day?  I have always had P/T MT jobs,  but I think some days I'm getting full-time workloads, 1500+ lines.  Just curious.  Thanks ...

Average Lines
Apr 29, 2014

I currently work for a clinic system who, it seems, is trying to usher us out the door so I've been looking at online companies.  It seems plenty pay by the line but I have NO clue how many lines per hour I can even do because the only number my place of employment gives us is average minutes per hour for an entire month (our bare minimum is 12 min/hr).  So I am curious to know what sort of average lines per hour you ladies can do?  We really cannot afford for me to take a hu ...

AVERAGE LINES PER MONTH
Sep 17, 2010

Hello, Can someone tell me how many lines per month should the average transcriptionist be able to do. Thanks ...

How Many Lines Do You Average A Pay-period?
Mar 10, 2012

Not talking straight typing but VR line average per week or per pay-period. I know its a personal question but we are all anonymous here. So for example do you average: 7000 a wk 9000 a wk 15,000 a pay-period. 18,000 a pay-period. Me personally, I have been only averaging 14 to 15,000 a pay-period. Trying to work on improving and I work 40hrs per week, so basically only doing anywhere from 7000 to 8000 per week. Just curious if I am average, below average...I am assuming below ave ...

How Many Lines Do Ya'll Average Per 8 Hour Day?
Feb 04, 2015

and is that straight/VR or both? Thanks! ...

Median Versus Average Lines?
Sep 03, 2011

Can someone tell me the difference between median and average lines per hour?  My median is 283.3, but my average is 247.9 (this is just for today's date).  I have been working for 6 hours and my lines are 1320.  Does not compute... lol Thanks. ...

How Many Lines/hour Do You Average Doing Editing At Transcend? Sm
Jan 19, 2010

Hi, could anyone post what your lines per hour have been for the editing on BeyondTXT?  What would be considered good?    ...

Powerscribe - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Edit On Average?
Jun 01, 2010

I was wondering if anybody out there was paid per line for Powerscribe and how many lines per hour do you edit on average?  I have always been paid a report rate for Powerscribe Radiology.  Also, which version do you use?  Thanks!! ...

What Is A Good Average Lines Per Hour On Meditech?
Mar 30, 2011

I have just started on Meditech.  Never used it before.  I am a long time veteran of 30 years, but this sure doesn't seem like a very productive program.  Any productivity tips??  I just wondered what a good average lph rate would be. ...

How Long Does It Normally Take To Transcribe 1000 Lines On Average?
Dec 29, 2011

I know this can vary of course.  I have built up my shorthand to over 12,000 entries.  I really think I have my speed up considerably but have been paid by the hour working on straigt typing with tapes for some time now.  We are going to VR and may need to pick up a second job to take up the slack in work.  Can someone give me some idea of what to expect in time to take on another PT or FT position (depending on the amount of downtime I will have soon)? ...

On Average How Many Hours Would It Take To Type 1750 Lines Per Day With Straight Typing??? Thanks. N
Jun 01, 2012

nm ...

For TransTech Employees - Lines
Aug 22, 2014

Is anyone having trouble meeting their quota? Even with enough work available, I cannot reach my required lines per shift. It's a combo of speech (75%) and non-speech (25%). The dictators are fairly decent and the speech engine seems well trained. I'm just wondering if the issue might not be my capability so much as the line-counting feature they use.  ...

Well.....I Took The Total Lines I Did Last Week....
Jun 04, 2012

of course, most of the lines are VR but, I totaled my lines and the amount of $$ I made.  Then I took the amount of straight typing lines I used to do and x by 8 cpl.  I have more lines doing both straight and VR, BUT less pay.    I averaged 1200/1300 lines per day working usually 6 hours (no set time schedule, just a mandatory "full-time" amount at old job).   Last week, I missed 3 hours of work but did 7068 of a mix of ST and VR.  Made almost 200 bucks les ...

Woohoo! I Have 420 Lines For This 2 Week Pay.
Dec 21, 2012

Probably will be a 10.00 paycheck.   MERRY CHRISTMAS! ...

Well... 33 Lines Short This Week.
Dec 30, 2013

:-) Was solicited ASR Proficiency training/mentoring if I had not already had it. Loudly and clearly, I let my TSM know that I had had it, and the mentor was not able to help me as she could see that I was not problem. I let her know full well that my LPH depends almost entirely on the ASR. ...

Highest Lines In A Week?
Feb 07, 2014

Just curious as to the highest lines in a week you can edit/type.   My highest has been around 13,000.  ...

Last Week Only 10 Lines Audit, How Does That Work
Mar 08, 2015

Since we are on a new week, do they start on this week's work?   Or are they allowed to go back and pick up work from last week, at least until payroll is figured?  ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

I Keep Checking Isn't It Today To Approve Last Week's Lines?
Mar 13, 2013

Wondering if I am the only one who has not had lines come in for approval yet. I am sure it is today. Hmmmm.... ...

Have Lines Been Uploaded For Last Week? I Never Received An Email
Jul 04, 2013

xx ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

About How Many Lines?
Dec 10, 2010

Can anybody that types radiology tell me how on average about how many lines they do an hour or a day?  I am being switched to by the line and have always been paid by the report.  Thanks.  ...

TT Lines?
Feb 11, 2011

Does anyone else struggle to get 2000 lines a day with TransTech?  I've been at TT for about 4-1/2 years, but I'm having a hard time getting over 2000 lines a day.  If you get more than 2000 a day in your 8 hours, can you share your tips?   ...