A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the proper procedure for submitting a 1-week notice...sm - soontobeHappyMt

Posted: Dec 08, 2011

This is probably not covered on MQ Central.  To whom do we turn in a notice that we are leaving?  Do we email our CCM?  So relieved to be able to do this!  Even though I have not been here long, it has been long enough!

Thanks!

LOL - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Write an email to CCM saying I'm quiting in 1 week or call her. Then again, if you just stop working it will probably take several months before they realize you are gone. I have read that people tell them they are quitting and then they get a note several months later that they are fired for not being on the job. This is a very ignorant company. Don't have a clue that they actually have people working for them, you can tell by the pay cuts and everything else they do.

notice - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, congrats on getting out!! When I left I called my CCM, but had been together for a long time and had a good relationship. I only gave a few days notice, but account had "gone away," so I didn't feel particularly guilty doing this. I took a few days off to regroup before starting my new non-MT job. I still had to send a "formal" notice of leaving. One of my former co-workers told me my name was still showing up on the Email roster months after I left. Oh, and I got a letter from sQuid making it sound like they had let me go!!! Yup, as someone said, this company is totally ignorant!!! Best of luck to you!

Similar Messages:

2 Week Notice?
May 30, 2012

For those who have left MM, did you give 2 weeks notice and were you able to finish out your 2 weeks? I have another job offer I can't refuse and I don't even know who I turn in a 2 week notice too, and I'm nervous about being able to finish out the 2 weeks, or do they just let you go right then?  Any experience on this would be of great help. ...

Two-week Notice For PTO??
Jun 08, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a specific policy re putting in 2-week notice to get any PTO time not taken when you quit?  Trying to decide whether to give 2 weeks or not, but I definitely want to get my fews of PTO that I have left. Thanks! ...

Just Put In 2-week Notice
Dec 07, 2014

Scared crap-less right now. Absolutely no plans, but sick and tired of getting absolutely nowhere fast at this company. Have a few applications in, but whatever comes will come! ...

Two Week Notice!
Jan 26, 2015

Just gave my two week notice after notice of mandatory schedule change. Expect me to change my hours from 12:00-5:00 p.m. to 4:00-9:00 p.m.  Not going to happen. Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Good luck Mmodal. Hope the person who replaces me can do the job I did.  ...

If You Leave Without A 2-week Notice, Do You Still
Mar 14, 2013

I've about had all I can take and I'm not sure I even want to turn in a two-week notice. ...

Should I Give 2 Week Notice
Jul 16, 2013

After just reviewing FIESA crap and having not received emails in days from TSM about reversals, I am to the point where i want out. I hate leaving a job without notice, but I am seriously sick of this place. I never intend on working here again, but not sure if I should give them notice. They make me feel like poo everytime I get my corrections back. ...

Giving 2-week Notice?
Oct 14, 2014

Is Nuance still in the habit of cutting you off right away if you wish to give notice of leaving? I am nervous about taking the leap back into IC but need the flexibility, but what if it doesn't work out....what to do, what to do? I start training this week and want to give 2 weeks notice, just for the fact that I want to keep working around the same time of day that I am scheduled at Nuance - and goodness knows we can't work outside of our schedule  - so can't do both at th ...

After You Give 2-week Notice...
Oct 31, 2014

...it is so gloriously hard to give a hoot!!  I used to work QA for M*Modal and whenever someone gave notice, we put them on 100% review.  I never understood that as well as I do now.  I am definitely not being quite as careful as I usually am.  I also am not stressing about my production numbers each day.  I wander around on Facebook, Amazon, and give in to the distractions I used to fight against.  Why not? What are they gonna do? Fire me???? I'd actually be ...

IMEDX Do You Think They Really Want A 2-week Notice
Feb 11, 2015

Are you guys giving a notice? I really would prefer to leave faster than that. Not enough work to go around anyway. My accounts have not been lost but are super slow I imagine due to added MRs who have recently been added. ...

Question On Handing In 2 Week Notice
Jul 14, 2011

Okay, I need to turn in notice and am wondering just who do you give it to? (WMX) Account manager? Someone in HR? By phone or e-mail? Never had to do this working at home and am kind of wondering about the etiquette for this. :) I'm going to search through the employee handbook, but since others have left recently, thought I'd find it quicker here. Thanks! ...

Anyone Know If We Give A 1-week Notice Instead Of 2, Do We Still Get PTO Paid Out?...sm
Dec 14, 2011

I certainly hope so.  Not that I have much PTO left, but I really need it to be paid.  TIA! ...

If Resign Within 2 Months Is A 2-week Notice Required
Jan 12, 2010

e-mailed CCM Monday but have not heard back.  Need to mail back equipment.  Anyone know what the procedures are.  I am waiting to hear back from CCM before doing the 2 weeks, because don't want to if I don't have to.  I have received 2 weeks of training pay at $10 per hour. ...

How Long Will I Have Insurance If I Put In My 2 Week Notice With MModal?sm
May 31, 2013

I am working 2 jobs right now. I am making a lot more with my second job and would like to just be able to concentrate on that one but the problem is that it is an IC position. My new job has advised me that they will always have plenty of work to keep me busy and we are actually about 4 days behind on dictation so I'm not worried about that. I'm also next in line for when a position opens up within the hospital to be hired in. I need to be able to plan accordingly as far as findin ...

Two-week Notice 2 Days Ago And Already No Email Access
Dec 09, 2014

Supervisor asked me if there was anything she could do to get me to stay. One of my complaints was the lack of communication. That was yesterday afternoon. This morning my email was disabled.....My last day isn't suppose to be until the 18th! ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...

New Hire, First Full Week To Work, Want To Quit - How Much Notice Should I Give ?
Oct 04, 2012

x ...

Procedure Report For Nuclear Medicine Procedure, And After All Is Set To Go, PROCEDURE IS ABORTED.
Oct 08, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:  Brachytherapy implant. Now, where does "PROCEDURE ABORTED" go, so patient isnt charged for it, etc, and no errors are made? And, should it be all caps? In name of procedure or as a separate "Please Note:" Its dictated as name of procedure but Dr. is indecisive and stutters dictation ambiguously. ...

Procedure Of Ankle Sx,, S/l Brostin, Berostin, Perostin Procedure
Oct 24, 2009

I have a patient who had a px of her ankle. The doctor did not give any hx of injury or any symptoms, just stated that she had a left ankle arthroscopy and what sounds like a Brostin procedure of her ankle? Anyone ever hear of this? Thank you so much in advance! Forgive my giddiness today but I havent' had a lot of sleep in the past several days and I do get giddy with little sleep. For some reason, one of my mom's most famous sayings just came to mind: "From the day of your ...

Anybody Submitting A Question
Oct 15, 2012

I submitted a couple. Last time, they only chose the most mild, mellow questions for her to answer - Tell us about yourself, Amy! etc ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Submitting An NJA
Jan 22, 2013

anyone else? ...

Submitting An IC Invoice
Mar 26, 2014

My last MT job was as an employee, and I will be starting a new job as an IC soon.  It will be my first time so I'm looking for helpful MTs and their instructions on how to do this.  I will be working on the Emdat program.  Is there an easy way to copy the log from that platform and submit those numbers on the invoice? How often do I submit an invoice, and is there a software program suggested? Thanks in advance!  ...

Submitting Resumes
Jun 17, 2015

Is there more to finding a job these days than just submitting a resume amongst hundreds and HOPING for a reply?  I feel like it is getting harder and harder to get a job.  Getting discouraged!  Anyone else feel the same?  Ideas?   ...

Submitting PTO Requests For No Work Available
Aug 30, 2012

My manager is always sending out emails that we are required to submit a PTO request (pain or unpaid) for situations when there is no work available in order to account for all of our hours. I don't understand why we need to do this. I put no studies available on my time card when I clock out when I run out of work. I'm not asking for time off and so don't see why I should have to put in a request for time off when there is no work. I would be more than happy to work during these ...

Problem Submitting Application To Keystrokes
Aug 07, 2012

Has anyone had a problem submitting application to Keystrokes.  I tried and it keeps telling me I have already submitted when I have not. ...

Anyone Having Trouble Submitting App To Gulf Coast Transcription?
Apr 20, 2010

I keep getting server error, something about it not liking my sender address.  Well, I've used 2 different addresses with different servers and both don't work. ...

Pap Smear Orders -- Indy Lab Submitting Charge
Aug 20, 2014

If an MD submits a Pap order listing both codes V72.31 and V76.2, will there be a problem with Medicare reimbursement? We see a large number of these and have been attempting to verify them on an individual basis, but it's becoming prohibitive. Appreciate any input. ...

What Is The Proper Way
Aug 01, 2010

crow's feet crows' feet crows feet THANKS!!  ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...