A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I get paid by the minutes typed. Is there anyone else out there that gets paid by the minute. - Mel

Posted: Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors.

Thanks,

MeL

Paid by the minute - lm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes,I get paid by the minute for general transcription.

Wow....weighted doctors.... - rainbow

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a large hospital system in San Antonio, Tex for over 12 years and we fought constantly for weighted doctors, with the only response from the powers that be....NO NO NO...

How did you find a place that pays more for difficult dictators....

Think we would all like to get paid by the minute - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to get paid by the minute. I do about 150 minutes per day. Care to disclose who pays by the minute?

wow never heard of this - apple

[ In Reply To ..]
That could be cool. I work for Transcend and I'm paid by the line. I can't even enter my exact time worked into my timesheet because they only want you to enter the time you type only and not time you have spent doing research. craziness!

PBM - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to get paid by minutes of dictation transcribed, it worked well. We had different rates of pay for different experience levels (3 tiers) and were paid a flat rate plus incentive.

double-edged sword - Jolly

[ In Reply To ..]
Being paid by the minute is not always what it's cracked up to be. It REALLY depends on the dictators. If you get Dr. TalksofastsoIcangetdone and his page and a half is 58 seconds, you really don't make much. OTOH, if Dr. IthinkwhileIdictate it can be okay. Most companies don't weight the dictators.

Doctors who talk fast or slow - Neesy

[ In Reply To ..]
How about Dr. Sorrycanyouchangethatlastsentence? (which he or she says about 10 times in one dictation.

We get paid for minutes too - Neesy

[ In Reply To ..]
We used to have to get 800 lines for a 7.5 hour shift but since January we have had to get 1 hour and 25 minutes. We do not have VR and I have no idea what weighted doctors are (?)

Similar Messages:

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

ANYONE EVER GET PAID PER TYPED PAGE??
May 07, 2013

I am working for a new company and they have different pay rates for different accounts. They are offering for a new account to pay $1.00 per typed (double-spaced)page. I've never been paid per page before, always per line. Is this a good rate? It honestly seems kind of low to me. ...

Does Anyone Get Paid By The Audio Minute?
Sep 01, 2010

Does anyone get paid by the audio minute?  I am thinking about charging a physician per audio minute because he doesn't want to pay per line.  I was just wondering what would be a good amout to charge for this.  ...

Paid By Audio Minute
Apr 26, 2012

Anyone have any experience being paid by audio minute? I have an offer and want to know the pros and cons if any. Thanks. ...

Being Paid By The Audio Minute Or Page
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone have a clue on how much is a decent per page rate or per audio minute rate?  I've never been paid either way, so I don't know what is a decent amount.  I have 21 years of experience as an MT.  Thanks! ...

Is It Better To Get Paid Per Dictated Minute Or Per Line?
Jan 15, 2010

Have an interview on Wednesday and just noticed they pay per dictated minute.  Not sure how that works exactly.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Paid By Dictated Minute Or By Line? Sm
May 09, 2011

Can someone explain the difference to me and the pros and cons of be paid by dictated minute? ...

Is It Worth Being Paid By Audio Minute?
Aug 25, 2013

What does 80 cents per audio minute work out to be per line. ...

Question Regarding Getting Paid Per Dictated Minute...
Sep 30, 2014

I have never gotten paid per dictated minute and just curious what is a good pay range for this.  The account would be straight typing.  Just trying to get an idea.  Thanks for your help! ...

Where Do I Find Info On 15 Minutes Paid Time For NJA?
May 26, 2014

Our group ran out of work today, and it has been a while since that happened, and I don't remember the protocol for getting paid the 15 minutes.    Would someone be kind enough to refer me to where I can read the instructions, or post them?  Thanks for your help. ...

Paid Per Dictated Minute? Can Anyone Shed Light?
May 22, 2012

Can anyone shed any light on getting paid per the audio minute? I have only been paid per line and I can't even fathom how this would compare? Anyone have any experience this way? Please help ladies! Thanks!! ...

What Is A Fair Rate Per Audio Minute? Is 0.6 Okay? I've Never Been Paid That Way Before
Apr 05, 2014

nm ...

50 Cents Per Audio Minute? I Remember Being Paid $1.10
Nov 26, 2014

per audio minute (as an employee) and ending up making considerably less than my per line rate, so I requested off that account and back onto a per-line account.  I can't believe these MTSOs now.  I've seen others, 40 cents, 60 cents... as ICs no less.  Unbelievable. ...

Before Nuance, What Was The Highest You Were Paid Per Line/digital Minute/etc.
Oct 07, 2013

I'm just curious, I've been in this business for a long time now and haven't seen a raise in QUITE some time, but I sure as he!! saw higher paychecks than I see here. So, I'm curious. What's the highest rate you've been paid to be an MT? What were your daily requirements too, if you can remember? I'll start, my highest was $2.05 per digital minute and we were only required to do 65 digital minutes per 8-hour shift.  ...

Curious For Those Paid By The "Minute Of Dictation"...
Jul 29, 2011

Just wondering what is the best we can do now days being paid "per minute".... which is not the most fair compensation... ...

Grrr - 20 Minutes To Do A 3-minute ASR Job
Apr 20, 2013

Add to the numerous corrections plus formatting, an unfamiliar account. And.... why are there some jobs in my usual accounts sitting there and I am getting all these unknown accounts! ...

30 Minutes And Only Get 1 Minute Worth Of Dictation
Nov 07, 2010

Don't you hate when that happens. I was all stoked up to get some lines for once and what would you know. I should have known it was too good to be true. ...

My Job Is Based On Minute Production. Are There Any Transcriptions Out There Who Still Use Minutes
Aug 18, 2010

Our quota is for minutes only.  I average about 1400 lines a day though.  We have to make 90 minutes then we make incentive. I do not hear anyone ever mention minutes.   Thanks in Advance for the replies. :)       ...

41 Minute Dictation! 41 MINUTES! Of The Worst Dictator!
Oct 08, 2010

Is it too much to ask on my last shift before the weekend that I get some decent work?  I swear the transcription gods are punishing me! ...

Will We Be Paid For This?
May 12, 2010

When we run out of jobs we get paid min wage.  Do you think we will get that for this.  I don't want to have to make up a whole day's worth of hours or use my PTO for this. ...

Not Paid
Jul 13, 2010

How do you get someone to pay you that has not paid you?  Getting really aggravated about this and don't know what to do.  I have been given every excuse in the book!  ...

Am I Getting Paid Enough?
Jul 16, 2010

I've been working with my company for almost a year now and i'm wondering if I should start looking around at other compaines. I graduated from M-Tec last summer and got a job about a month later, they started me at 0.055 cpl, then in December bumped me up to 0.06 cpl. Since then I have been getting paid the same, while working a lot more. I just want to know if this is good and I should just stick with it, or look somewhere else. Any advice is appreciated! ...

Help? I/we Cannot Get Paid.
Sep 13, 2010

I could really use some advice. I worked for a company for 6 months and then quit when accounts were being lost.  I am owed over $3000.00 (I quit over 6 months ago). I know of 2 other ICs who worked for this company and the total owed to all of us is over $10,000. We have been given every excuse in the book. We have been told the company has gone out of business, that a AmerAssist loan was being sought in order to pay us, etc. We have contacted the Sheriff's Department in her state abo ...

I/we Cannot Get Paid. Help??
Sep 13, 2010

I could really use some advice. I worked for a company for 6 months and then quit when accounts were being lost.  I am owed over $3000.00 (I quit over 6 months ago). I know of 2 other ICs who worked for this company and the total owed to all of us is over $10,000. We have been given every excuse in the book. We have been told the company has gone out of business, that a AmerAssist loan was being sought in order to pay us, etc. We have contacted the Sheriff's Department in her state abo ...

How Do QA Get Paid?
Dec 19, 2010

Just curious... how are QA paid?  Some are paid by the line and others are paid by the hour.. is there any other way? ...

Not Getting Paid ...
Jan 22, 2011

I accepted a part-time job to supplement my regular MT income a few weeks ago from a girl who was advertising here on MTStars.  It's been great, fairly easy work and an excellent extra income.  I guess I should have known it was too good to be true. I was expecting payment last week but am told she can't pay me until she gets paid.  Now, who in their right mind would hire people to do their work when they can't pay on a specific date?  Why would you hire some ...

How We Get Paid...
Feb 25, 2011

Does anybody wonder why we don't get paid by the hour like other highly-skilled secretaries and editors?  This line business is a joke!  Why should we get penalized for the bad dictation?  Many years ago, we had a client with dictators from ****.  I called up the director of medical records and apologized for all the blanks.  She told me not to worry about it.  She said she had a box of pens on her desk and she made the doctors take a pen and fill in all t ...

Paid By TTD?
Oct 28, 2011

Has anyone gotten paid by TTD for the most recent pay date (the 25th of this month)?  This is my first paycheck from them and I have not received it yet.  Wondering how long it usually takes? ...

Paid Yet
Mar 29, 2012

Anyone who had not received their pay 03/23 who has received it today please post here.  It would be nice to hear when and if you got paid. ...

NOT BEING PAID
Jul 14, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM PRECISE MEDICAL AND MEDIGRAFIX THEY WILL NOT PAY YOU. ...