A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the going per report rate for radiology? I've been offered a job - Txs!

Posted: Feb 16, 2012

that pays per report and I'm trying to get an idea if what they are offering is fair.  I live in the rural midwest. 

Per report pay - sm - Greenie

[ In Reply To ..]
Depends on if you will be working a teaching hospital with verbose residents, clinic for MRI's and PET/CT scans, etc. When I left Transcend three years ago, they were at $0.95/report... Not good unless you have a lot of canned reports that you get full report pay for, and how many normal templates you can make on your own once you get the same doctors down pat. Be sure that they will pay you for CT abdomen AND CT pelvis as TWO reports not just one - some places don't do that anymore. Platform you will be working on will have a lot to contribute to productivity too. I have heard some places pay as high as over $2.00 per report, but still haven't found them myself. I have worked both ways, and did make good money per report after I had the docs down, but now am back to cpl. Either way, there are a lot of variables to consider also. Hope this helps.

radiology - mollie

[ In Reply To ..]
I would say that anywhere from $1.00 to $1.50 would be reasonable and the norm.

I was making $2/report with a small - alana

[ In Reply To ..]
service thru 2010 and then a large MTSO took over. I stayed on as an IC for $1.70. Another MTSO took over,offered employee status at something like $1.05, but I declined. I'm still working with them as an IC for $1.70 per report. Their employees are spread out across the US. I'm in the northeast.

anywhere from $1.25 to $2.00 - anonyn

[ In Reply To ..]
I would say is fair. Usually $2.00 would be for accounts with longer reports and most companies do not split the longer reports anymore like CT of abdomen and pelvis. They average all reports and say there are more short reports than longer ones.

Good luck. Love radiology transcription as it is so repetitive.

Similar Messages:

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

Offered VBC Line Rate
Jan 07, 2011

I have been offered a position for 0.08 VBC line/65 characters.  I can obviously figure this is going to be less than with spaces.  Is there anyone here who DOES get paid this way and if so, how much of a difference overall is it?  I have not accepted the position and am not sure how offended I should be, or if I should be offended at all since "this is the new industry standard."  I have been in this buisness a long time and have apparently never dealt with this "new" way of ...

Radiology - What's The Going Rate?
Dec 14, 2009

What's the going rate with Radiology these days?  I'm getting $18/hour, but I could be making (much, much) more if I got paid by the line or by the dictated minute.  ...

Anyone Know Going Rate Of Radiology MT?
Oct 09, 2010

I realize it varies depending on where you live - but not by that much, I think.  I applied at a local hospital in June and this morning got an email message that there was opening in the Rad Department for MT.  I went ahead and sent my electronic application.   No guarantee I'll even called for interview much less get the job, but I'm curious if the hospitals tend to pay by the hour or by page, etc.    The benefits are incredible and that is the rea ...

Anyone Know Radiology Pay Rate On Job?
Jun 28, 2014

Search function does not want to work for me.  Could anyone working for Peachtree doing radiology let me know the line rate?  Anything else I should know about this company? ...

Radiology Per Report Pay
Aug 02, 2011

I have typed radiology and have been paid by the line.  I was offered a job for $1.50 per report for any report under 5 minutes.  Any report over 5 minutes would be $3.00.  I would like feedback on this if anyone has any opinions on whether this is a decent rate.  Thank you. ...

Pay Per Radiology Report
Feb 18, 2013

I am in the hiring process.  They are offering $1.26 per radiology report during daytime hours and $1.38 for evenings and nights.  I've never been paid by report.  Does anyone have an opinion about these rates? ...

Radiology Transcription Rate Question
Nov 14, 2012

Hello all.  I am a very experienced acute care MT, 13 yrs in the business, all specialties, ESLs, all work types, etc.  I have been wanting to get out of the MTSOs for quite some time. I was recently offered an in-office job at a radiology center for part front-office work and part radiology transcription.  I was very clear to them that I had no specific training in either, but they actually hired me.  I am tickled pink.  I think my acute care experience helped in terms ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

Average Per Report Pay For Radiology?
Oct 21, 2011

Going from line pay to per report pay and looking for an idea of standard rates.   ...

Radiology Incentive - By Report Or By Line ?
Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?   Thanks ! ...

Radiology Report Shows S/l *lumpy*
Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula. ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Wow!! I Was Just Offered 2 Cpl To QA!!
Jan 20, 2010

Why dont they just start asking us to work for free!  At that rate I dont even think you make minimum wage!  This is obviously not even because of outsourcing.  I think what has happened is that a lot of work has gone overseas, but the remaining work that the transcription companies are getting is still paying a half-ways decent rate but they have taken a small cut to keep them.  Then they turn around and pay NOTHING to get it transcribed so the people running the companies a ...

Did Anyone Get Offered The Job For QTS?
Jul 13, 2012

Just wondering if anyone got the job offer from QTS? They sent me questions and answered my question and that was it. Thanks. ...

I Was Offered
Nov 08, 2014

Farewell Nuance.  My only regret is not taking this step sooner.  ...

Offered Job At Softscript
Jun 28, 2010

offered job at Softscript; anyone familiar with this company? ...

OT Was Offered Yesterday
May 18, 2010

x ...

Offered A Job By VMR-Transfer
May 18, 2010

I am one of the people who received a contract and was offered a job by VMR-Transfer, but when I called and emailed about hrs/lines/days required, my messages were never returned. I know there was a thread about this previously as many other people had the same problem. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually started working for them yet and if this really is a legitimate company. Thanks ...

Would Any Of You Take A Buyout From MQ If Offered?
Jun 20, 2010

In past months I have read on this board, with dismay, so many posts about long-time MQ MTs/MEs failing consecutive audits, and eventually being discharged. I think it is a major coincidence that so many employees are suddenly and consistently failing to meet the same quality standards they always met. I think it’s a flimsy contrivance to get rid of the more highly paid employees and replace them with cheaper newbies while avoiding an age discrimination actions because those higher-paid pe ...

Offered Job With Transtech
Jul 20, 2011

Is ANYone happy there? ...

Just Offered Position Of CCM
Oct 04, 2011

I'm certainly uncertain of taking such a position.  Is there anyone out there who has been/is a CCM and can tell me what it's like...pay, stress, pay, hours, pay, etc.  TIA ...

New Service Offered
May 21, 2012

psychiatrist at Wal-Mart for depression.   ...