A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Radiology incentive - by report or by line ? - Survey

Posted: Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?

Thanks !

Radiology Incentive - typetypetypeaway

[ In Reply To ..]
I transcribe radiology reports for an MTSO and get paid by the report, and been doing that since 2001.

I did work for a company in the past with an incentive plan paying a tier rate per report over a specific amount per pay period.

The company I now work for does not do that.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info ! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Radiology Per Report Pay
Aug 02, 2011

I have typed radiology and have been paid by the line.  I was offered a job for $1.50 per report for any report under 5 minutes.  Any report over 5 minutes would be $3.00.  I would like feedback on this if anyone has any opinions on whether this is a decent rate.  Thank you. ...

Pay Per Radiology Report
Feb 18, 2013

I am in the hiring process.  They are offering $1.26 per radiology report during daytime hours and $1.38 for evenings and nights.  I've never been paid by report.  Does anyone have an opinion about these rates? ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

Average Per Report Pay For Radiology?
Oct 21, 2011

Going from line pay to per report pay and looking for an idea of standard rates.   ...

What Is The Going Per Report Rate For Radiology? I've Been Offered A Job
Feb 16, 2012

that pays per report and I'm trying to get an idea if what they are offering is fair.  I live in the rural midwest.  ...

Radiology Report Shows S/l *lumpy*
Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula. ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

7 Cents A Line, IC, No Bonus Incentive Program...sm
May 13, 2010

Would you bother? It's clinic work, so it should be easy, but I don't think I could make a living on that. ...

UGH - 160 Line Report To QC
Mar 04, 2015

I just got done with a horrible 160-line report that had 4 blanks.  I just want to cry!!!  I have never come close to go above my 10%, but I am afraid I will this week unless I don't have submit anything tomorow or Friday.  :( ...

Help! How Do I Fix The Line Spacing In The Report? N/m
Feb 02, 2010

xxx ...

Powerscribe Line Count Report
Mar 06, 2011

I'm about to transitioned to Powerscribe and have been set up on my home computer.  I am an MTSO so I need to know how does PS calculate daily or per report line counts.  Is this an administrative report I need to be given access to by the administrator? Because looking at a screenshot of PS, it looks like the options for doing, frankly, anything are limited to copy/paste and spellcheck.  I realize it is not a word document, but how are line counts done?     ...

Anyone Can Completely Proofread Each Report Without Going Way Down On Their Line Count
Mar 02, 2014

I don't know how anyone can completely proofread each report without going way down on their line count and also running up your idle minutes past 15.  Any ideas out there? ...

Finding Daily/per Report Line Count For FutureNet
Jan 14, 2013

I'm a recent acquisition and haven't been given any info for new employee information for M*Modal.  I've been reading through the Human Resource categories on the Intranet, but can't find where it tells you how to check your daily line counts. Could someone please direct me where to look? I'm on the FutureNet platform but we weren't given any references or written instructions. Thanks! ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Incentive... What's That?
Aug 18, 2010

Whenever we are asked to help, there is no incentive offered.  I never thought of it at all, until I started reading some random posts below about getting incentive.  Hmmm I always let them know I am happy to help, was that dumb of me to say that?  Did I screw myself out of ever getting an incentive?  or maybe not all companies offer it to begin with. oh well. ...

Really, If There Is An Incentive Going On,
Sep 24, 2010

which I would never know since I can't get into MQ Central, then why have I had NJA for the past half hour?  Who comes up with these bright ideas???  What a joke! ...

Incentive - I Don't Get It
Jan 14, 2011

The way it looks to me, they give me a target to hit over 4 days, which (I don't need the particulars of how they arrived at it, but I get them anyway) pretty much reflects my daily average.  Okay so now I work all day today, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, making my average each day and THEN, at the end of Monday, if I'm able to get in another 100 lines, I will get 3 cents for those 100 lines???  So I work all day on my two days off for 3 dollars?  Have I got that straight ...

Incentive And OT
Jan 30, 2011

Ok guys having a brain fart......I know it is incentive weekend or whatever, but does that mean they want you JUST to work your regular hours or are you to do OT if at all possible. ...

2-Day Incentive
Sep 29, 2011

Check e-mail.  Two-day incentive in place due to high backlogs. (Only after you hit an impossible number though.) ...

Yay! Another Incentive!
Mar 16, 2012

Just like they did last year and I think the year before that.  They will have pretty much an incentive every week to get the backlog all pristine, whether or not there is a lot of work.  Because of this, if you participate in trying to reach this incentive, your goal each time will be higher and higher, to the point of unreachable.   Dirty tricks. ...

Here's What I Do As Far As Incentive Pay....
May 01, 2012

First, let me say I have 30 years experience as a MT, but this is my first experience with editing.  That said, I hate editing except it does give my arms a break.  I can maintain 99% QA and low QC score.  What I can't do is a zillion lines per hours.  I used to make well over $40,000/year before internet came into this field and then the editing.  This year I'll be luckly to make over $2?,000 which just sucks. The incentive plan is just plain stupid.  It ...

Incentive?
Jun 29, 2012

What exactly is this incentive thing? I just know it's used in the same sentence as "they're may be NJA" in the email I got! ...

Does Anyone Get Incentive Pay For SR?
Jul 12, 2013

I've put in an application for an SR job at a company but just found out they don't offer an incentive for SR work.  Is that the norm or not?  Seems like a pittance to work for 0.045 CPL and no incentive, but new to SR and I'm not sure what the standard is in the industry.  Any info appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Incentive Help Please!
Nov 06, 2013

I really need some help.  I am having trouble trying to prove my case to my manager.  I have not been receiving my incentives for a few weeks and today I started doing some research to figure out what is going on.  Turns out when I enter the dates in fiesa, I show a totally different percentage than what they show when I go to approve my timecard.  I talked to my manager and she cannot give me a straight answer.  All I need to know is where is it documented about&nb ...

Incentive
Nov 05, 2014

Well I just approved my lines for last week and noticed a weekly incentive bonus.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised, so either I am missing something or we may end up actually being fairly happy with this new program. Thoughts?  ...

OT Incentive
May 13, 2015

WOW!  So if you normally work Thursday thru Saturday you are required to work 5 hours of OT to receive it.  Don't know about you but 13 hours is too much for me.   ...