A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* - flmt

Posted: Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula.

"lumpy" - sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been trying to figure it out, but can't - i don't think you lose any meaning if you left it out. There is still successful flow.

Bad advice from "sunflower." Insert a blank. Don't just leave it out. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

agree! - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
Terrible advice. It may sound like "lumpy", but could be something else entirely. If it IS "lumpy", that is a finding being commented upon by the dictator. One should NEVER assume a finding is meaningless. You ALWAYS have to leave a blank. Oh dear.

Surely, you are kidding - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
OP, please do not just leave it out. That's ridiculous. It's a term that is describing the flow, and if you aren't sure, a blank is required.

Cannot leave out! That's not your decision to make. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
Clearly the radiologist saw something and qualified it with a "but".

Seriously? - Tell Me...

[ In Reply To ..]
...that what you meant was to just flag it and send on to the customer. Surely you didn't mean to just breeze over it as if it didn't exist.

Not sure what type of transcription you do, but in acute care or even just plain old clinic, that would be a big no-no. It's called a word omission and cause for serious points off.

Of course, could be the doc us stumbling and didn't really say anything. We all have to use our judgment there, but it sounds to me like you just leave stuff out if you don't know what it is....

Most definitely a blank!!! sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be a very important term you are omitting and, even if it's a slur of some kind, it's not for you to make that judgement. I've often left blanks that were nothing more than a burp but I would always leave that to the QAs discretion.

lumpy - sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
you all are right-it should be a blank, I just thought it could be a "stumble" on docs part.

Similar Messages:

Radiology Help: Pelvis X-ray Shows Some Abnormality (s/l Lie)_____ Of Femur
Jul 28, 2013

Thanks ...

Radiology Per Report Pay
Aug 02, 2011

I have typed radiology and have been paid by the line.  I was offered a job for $1.50 per report for any report under 5 minutes.  Any report over 5 minutes would be $3.00.  I would like feedback on this if anyone has any opinions on whether this is a decent rate.  Thank you. ...

Pay Per Radiology Report
Feb 18, 2013

I am in the hiring process.  They are offering $1.26 per radiology report during daytime hours and $1.38 for evenings and nights.  I've never been paid by report.  Does anyone have an opinion about these rates? ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

Average Per Report Pay For Radiology?
Oct 21, 2011

Going from line pay to per report pay and looking for an idea of standard rates.   ...

Radiology Incentive - By Report Or By Line ?
Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?   Thanks ! ...

What Is The Going Per Report Rate For Radiology? I've Been Offered A Job
Feb 16, 2012

that pays per report and I'm trying to get an idea if what they are offering is fair.  I live in the rural midwest.  ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Help! Nephrology Report: UA Shows S/l 100 "mg Percent" Protein? Not Sure About This. Nm
Dec 08, 2010

.. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

S/l "maid Marty", Lumpy-bumpy Gastritis
Mar 11, 2010

NM ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

No Shows
Dec 16, 2012

My TSM is fired up today cuz lots and lots of no shows for shifts and nearly every account is out of TAT.    Why does this surprise her with the news that we received last week?   It was hard enough, and then they make it even harder to make a near poverty living.    ...

CT Abdomen Shows (sm)
Apr 29, 2010

compression fracture and marked ?"Gibbles" deformity.   Patient is several years status post MVA with paraplegia, multiple surgeries, and complications.   Thank you so much for helping! ...

Research Shows - MTs Are Better!
Oct 10, 2011

We've always known it, but now the medical research is bearing out the same truth: MTs are more accurate than speech recognition. I try to keep track of studies like this; they're good ammunition! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21940580     ...

S/l Pharynx Shows PMG Changes
Jan 06, 2013

In physical examination, doctor describes pharynx with what sounds like PMG changes. P&G? PNG? BNG? Thank you in advance for any help! ...

Skin Exam Shows S/l So Lar El /an Tij En Ees
May 24, 2010

Skin exam shows s/l so lar el/ an tij en ees ( 2 words, I believe) and pigmented nevi.  ...

MRI Of The Brain With And Without Contrast Shows There Is No
Jul 21, 2010

evidence of acute infarct or significant abnormal intracranial enhancement.  There are a few scattered s/l *pho-ki* of T2 and flare hyperintense signal which are nonspecific.   ...

MRI Of The Hip Shows Multiloculated Subchondral
Feb 08, 2011

x ...

CT Scan Shows (something) Of The Thorax
Sep 28, 2011

"A CT scan shows ---- of the thorax." Sounds like "ess-cu-min-o-sis" but the audio is poor.  Any suggestions would be very welcome, thanks! ...

My TL No Longer Shows Up On My Comagent
Nov 16, 2012

I just noticed today that my TL no longer shows up on my comagent.  I always keep it open on my desktop and can tell who is on and who isn't and her name is always there regardless of whether she is working or not and then today all of a sudden her name is gone.  Very strange.  Her email address still shows up though ...

Work Shows Up All Of A Sudden?
Apr 18, 2013

I've been sitting here all day with no work and all of a sudden 600 minutes shows up in one hospital in my BOB.  Where has it been all day?  I already signed off NJA.  ...

MM ASR Shows Off Even More Talent (in Not Being Accurate)
Nov 01, 2013

ASR replaced the dictated generic with the brand name of the drug. What the heck??? Now it is prescribing brand-name medications along with diagnosing patients and doing physical examinations. MM ASR is certainly multi-talented. ...

DQS Shows Yellow Light Now.....whatever That Means......
Jan 13, 2010

Red means it's down, green means it up...what does yellow mean?  Sigh.....I'm glad I came to this board first before starting my shift.  I was prepared for problems.......     ...

S/l The Faran Shows A Smooth Tongue
Mar 28, 2010

This is a physical exam and the word is broke up ...

Transcend Shows Its Appreciation For MT Week...
May 18, 2010

...with a pay cut.  Way to raise moral and keep employees happy guys!  Wow, wish I could think of a good way to return the favor and show my appreciation. ...

L Knee - MRI Shows A Likely Subcortical S/l Specular
Jun 15, 2011

x ...

Isn't It Cool That The New Payroll System Shows You
Jan 25, 2011

when you last performance review/raise was?  LOL!!! Like I have had to many I cant remember the last one... NOT! ...