A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How is one to make line count when you get report after report sm - Losing my mind

Posted: Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!

Add to that having no ADT feed, so you have to enter all info manually - plus more

[ In Reply To ..]
Plus entering 2-3 cc's along with those addresses. And of course, by the time the doctor dictates the actual report it is less than 20 lines. Don't forget the fact that the CP has to be checked every time because each doctor in that facility wants something different.

And take the stupid - question mark

[ In Reply To ..]
off beside the doctors name since IT can't bring itself to fix it.

I think it's been a year - since

[ In Reply To ..]
A year since our VP announced in a conference call the "exciting news" that IT would be correcting the repopulation problem, but they had to do it one account at a time. I have not seen a single account fixed since.

Similar Messages:

Powerscribe Line Count Report
Mar 06, 2011

I'm about to transitioned to Powerscribe and have been set up on my home computer.  I am an MTSO so I need to know how does PS calculate daily or per report line counts.  Is this an administrative report I need to be given access to by the administrator? Because looking at a screenshot of PS, it looks like the options for doing, frankly, anything are limited to copy/paste and spellcheck.  I realize it is not a word document, but how are line counts done?     ...

Anyone Can Completely Proofread Each Report Without Going Way Down On Their Line Count
Mar 02, 2014

I don't know how anyone can completely proofread each report without going way down on their line count and also running up your idle minutes past 15.  Any ideas out there? ...

Finding Daily/per Report Line Count For FutureNet
Jan 14, 2013

I'm a recent acquisition and haven't been given any info for new employee information for M*Modal.  I've been reading through the Human Resource categories on the Intranet, but can't find where it tells you how to check your daily line counts. Could someone please direct me where to look? I'm on the FutureNet platform but we weren't given any references or written instructions. Thanks! ...

New Record Error Count In 1 Report!
Apr 08, 2014

Thanks ILP.  You have blown me away.  In a 10-minute report you have managed to get approximately 50 errors... This is of course after your MT finished the report, routed it through 100% review with your QA, and then sent it to lucky me... Yippy. ...

You'd Think 2 Levels Of QA Would Make A Good ILP Report.
Mar 02, 2012

I just QAd an ILP report that I was only supposed to fill in the blanks, but I saw a major error near the blank, so I did a 100% review.  I found 32 errors, 17 of them were critical with missing phrases, words, and just plain making up what they thought they heard.  I checked the travel details of the report and it went through 2 levels of ILP QA before it got to me!  Why are we losing our jobs to them?  Oh, yeah, the suits make more money.  Never mind the patient with " ...

Make Your Line Count A Little Bit Better? 
Aug 10, 2011

anybody actually work longer than you sign in for in order to make your line count a little bit (very little bit ) better?  ...

UGH - 160 Line Report To QC
Mar 04, 2015

I just got done with a horrible 160-line report that had 4 blanks.  I just want to cry!!!  I have never come close to go above my 10%, but I am afraid I will this week unless I don't have submit anything tomorow or Friday.  :( ...

What Happens At Your MTSO When You Don't Make Line Count For
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Help! How Do I Fix The Line Spacing In The Report? N/m
Feb 02, 2010

xxx ...

Impossible To Make Any Money The Way The Line Count Is Set Up?
Jan 15, 2011

Is it just me or are these companies making it impossible to make any money the way the line count is set up?  I can type all day and make very close to minimum wage.  It never was this way before. ...

I Did Not Make My Line Count Today But Did Work (sm)
May 28, 2013

even a little over my shift.  I did punch out a few times when work dried up but still when I see how long I worked and what I produced, I come up a bit short.  I just had a lot of reports that I was not familiar with and just had a bad day.  I was wondering if I will be hearing about this.  I always produce more than the minimum so I'm hoping I will get a break.  I'm just too mentally and physically exhausted. ...

Does Anyone Make The Bonus Or Even Over Min Required Line Count??
Jun 29, 2013

Please don't bash too much.  I took this job, made my bed and have to lie in it.  I like the work, am getting use to the dictators, but the realization is setting in that my pay, no matter how hard I work, will not get much over state min.  I've already had 2 checks with some MUP and probably will have a third.  What gets me is, we're told to speed up play to edit faster, yet I have gotten, on more than one occasion, messages from QA/QC to slow down to get bett ...

Struggling To Make Line Count Every Pay Period
Apr 11, 2014

I have been here for two years and it seems like I am just struggling to make line count every pay period.  I feel like I am walking up a hill in a big wind storm, moving but not really getting anywhere.  I work nights and I am getting too tired at night.  I know most of this is my fault, but worked as an MT before and did great, no problems what so ever and great pay.  Does anyone else feel like this? ...

Radiology Incentive - By Report Or By Line ?
Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?   Thanks ! ...

Regarding Complaints About Waiting For Work To Make Min. Line Count.
Jul 21, 2011

A couple of year ago, the company I was working for was off-shoring all they could, which left many of us without work.  We were required to clock in, out, in, out, in, out........ during our shift, but had to do so many hours and so many lines.  When it go next to impossible, and I was working days, nights, and weekends to try to make the minimum, I complained to my AM and asked that we bring in a third party on this issue, as I was not being supplied with the minimum amount of work r ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

VR Pay Per Report
Nov 26, 2009

I interview with a company and they pay per report for VR.  I haven't heard anyone talking that.  They pay 60 to 70 cents per report.  Is this good?  Feedback is appreciated.  Thanks guys!! ...

OR Report
Dec 10, 2009

Left injection with a (s/l arististan) and lidocaine. ...

I Am In SA5. Who Does My CCM Report To? Nm
Dec 15, 2009

EP Report
Jan 31, 2010

Review of her s/l EP report.  She did have a dual-chamber Medtronic Versa DR generator placed.  Anyone know what an EP report stands for?  ...

Report Look Up
Mar 11, 2010

My employee DEP number would never work.  Supervisor gave me a number (?) to use.  Now it says it has been "disabled" and to "contact system administrator."  Another winner MQ. ...