A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pay per radiology report - TiredMT

Posted: Feb 18, 2013

I am in the hiring process.  They are offering $1.26 per radiology report during daytime hours and $1.38 for evenings and nights.  I've never been paid by report.  Does anyone have an opinion about these rates?

Radiology report - take it. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
That is unheard of now days.

That is the going rate right now. I agree take it - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not where I work. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
with paycuts I am way below that. I say take it.

going rate for x-ray report - karina

[ In Reply To ..]
I know I wouldn't mind if the person asking about this would e-mail me as I would be happy with such a rate for x-ray reports.
Based on a past post I believe you work for the - same place as I do.
[ In Reply To ..]
Most radiology MT's are struggling and took big cuts in pay where I work. If I were offered that I would jump ship in a heart beat.
Depends on avg daily workload - jacksonMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Did they tell you how many reports you will get daily on average? If it's a steady rate then definitely you're going to make bank. However, these days higher rate can equate to less work.

I have interviewed at 15+ places (MTSO's) in the last 12 months. The going rates range sm - RadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
For straight typing, the range is $0.75 to $1.25 per report. Make sure to ask if they pay links; it makes a big, big difference.

For VR editing, the range is $0.50 (!) to about $1.00 per report. Again, ask about links.

Find out what the average count is per hour on the account they are hiring for. That makes a difference, too.

I work for a company that is the hated company on the board right now, but I average $27 an hour at $1.10 per report, and very rarely run out of work.

Email me if you want.

I sent you an email. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
/

I didn't get one. nm - RadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
well that's a pooper. trying again. let me know - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I did a mailing and ended up - hosp-IC

[ In Reply To ..]
working for a hosp @ $3.25/report. They have a much hated MTSO doing their work but they can't keep up with the volume. You might try calling hospitals and asking about over-flow, backlogs, etc. if they already have a service on board, unless you're in the market for bennies, too.

Similar Messages:

Radiology Per Report Pay
Aug 02, 2011

I have typed radiology and have been paid by the line.  I was offered a job for $1.50 per report for any report under 5 minutes.  Any report over 5 minutes would be $3.00.  I would like feedback on this if anyone has any opinions on whether this is a decent rate.  Thank you. ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

Average Per Report Pay For Radiology?
Oct 21, 2011

Going from line pay to per report pay and looking for an idea of standard rates.   ...

Radiology Incentive - By Report Or By Line ?
Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?   Thanks ! ...

What Is The Going Per Report Rate For Radiology? I've Been Offered A Job
Feb 16, 2012

that pays per report and I'm trying to get an idea if what they are offering is fair.  I live in the rural midwest.  ...

Radiology Report Shows S/l *lumpy*
Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula. ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Radiology MT
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone besides me think that the radiology ASR stinks.  On almost every report I am having to change/correct every third or fourth word.  And is an, punctuation where it doesn't belong, words left out that are dictated, words put in that are not dictated,  etc, etc, etc. ...

Radiology Pay?
Nov 11, 2009

I have been working acute care for the last 5 years and getting paid by the line.  I haven't done radiology in a few years, and when I was working in radiology I always got paid by the hour.  Now a local hospital is interested in my helping them out on the weekends with their radiology backlog, and are wanting to pay by report, but I have no idea what the average pay per report should be.  Can someone give some idea as to what I should be asking for?  Thanks ...

Radiology NJA
Jan 05, 2010

Is there anyone in SA5 besides me who seems to have no work virtually every day in the mornings?  This lack of work started before Thanksgiving and hasn't picked up yet, at least for me.  Anybody? ...

What Is A Radiology MLS
Jan 14, 2011

Can someone please tell me what a radiology MLS is?   ...

Radiology/GYN
Jan 05, 2012

Sounds like "6.7 cm cystic mass with synseptation"  Something before septation, either cyn, cin, syn... helllllllp.   Thanks ...

What's So Different About Radiology?
Jul 27, 2013

I'm wondering why radiology seems to be its own separate entity in the MT world.  It seems like if you know radiology, they'll bend over backwards to hire you.  I've done radiology before, just as part of my regular MT pool.  I don't get what's so "special" about it.  Does it have it's own quirky platform or something? ...

Radiology
Sep 30, 2014

Looking for a company that I can just transcribe x-ray reports for.  Anyone have any info that could help me please??? ...

Radiology Reports
Oct 18, 2009

Does anyone know what the average daily income is for typing radiology reports at 0.09 line?  Thanks. ...

No Work Radiology
Dec 03, 2009

My CCM told me that radiology was never outsourced---so where the hell is all the work.  Thanksgiving was a week ago, could it possibly still be that? ...

Radiology - What's The Going Rate?
Dec 14, 2009

What's the going rate with Radiology these days?  I'm getting $18/hour, but I could be making (much, much) more if I got paid by the line or by the dictated minute.  ...

NJA Radiology SA5 As Usual
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Radiology Copies
Feb 25, 2010

When typing a radiology report, do you send the results/report of a radiology exam to just the ordering provider or the ordering and the family provider?  I am trying to find out if there is an industry standard.  The hospital I work for is looking at discontinuing sending the family provider a copy.  Thank you! ...

Radiology Accounts
Feb 25, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies hiring employee status (with medical benefits) for radiology? ...

Speech Q For Radiology? What's That? Nm
Mar 18, 2010

. ...

Radiology Pages Per Day
Mar 21, 2010

Anyone transcribing radiology and getting paid per page?  If so--how many pages are you averaging per day?   ...

Radiology Word Help
Mar 27, 2010

Hello, I am a student and new to this site. I'm unclear on word, and since my knowledge isn't too great yet, I'm not sure if the sentence makes sense. The word I'm not sure is "vary", here is the sentence: The small bowel transit time was approximately 2 hours or normal for this contrast medium vary the terminal ileum also appears within normal limits.   Thank you for your help! ...

Help For Radiology Newbie
May 16, 2010

I need some help from you guys.  I'm a newbie and I'm trying to land my first full-time job after a year of searching.  I've just been doing general transcription online; no medical. I had an interview at the local hospital in my area but they want to test me for the radiology dept.  Can anybody tell me what terms are used most frequently for radiology MT's.  Or just any info. would help me.  I've never taken a radiology test.  Thanks! VC ...

ALL TYPE - Anyone Was Currently Doing Radiology
Jul 27, 2010

I was wondering if anyone was currently doing Radiology work for ALL Type and can let me know your experience-- pros and cons.   Thanks. ...

How Do I Learn Radiology?
Aug 22, 2010

What's the best way to learn Radiology? I have no experience in this specialty. Should I just wait until I get a new job and am in it for a while, then ask to be trained on a Radiology account? ...