A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Average per report pay for radiology? - RadMT

Posted: Oct 21, 2011

Going from line pay to per report pay and looking for an idea of standard rates.  

Radiology pay - sm - greenie

[ In Reply To ..]
I left Transcend when they dropped it to $0.95/report a couple years ago. Not sure what it is now, but you can bet it didn't go any higher. (I started out with them at $1.15/report and it kept going DOWN!). Where I work now, it ranges by account from $1.50-$2.25, but only a couple accounts pay by the report. The rest is by the line. Hope your pay exceeds these.

Just hope the reports are short! - NC MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That happened to me when Medquist took over Spheris and unfortunately I typed for a teaching hospital. Averaged 60-70 reports per day but 1400 lines, and made nothing, had to leave. If you can get mostly short reports you'll be fine. Otherwise, you won't. I think most pay $1.00 to $1.50 per report now.

What about VR editing - RadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
No doubt it will be headed there sooner than later :(

Similar Messages:

Radiology Per Report Pay
Aug 02, 2011

I have typed radiology and have been paid by the line.  I was offered a job for $1.50 per report for any report under 5 minutes.  Any report over 5 minutes would be $3.00.  I would like feedback on this if anyone has any opinions on whether this is a decent rate.  Thank you. ...

Pay Per Radiology Report
Feb 18, 2013

I am in the hiring process.  They are offering $1.26 per radiology report during daytime hours and $1.38 for evenings and nights.  I've never been paid by report.  Does anyone have an opinion about these rates? ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Radiology Incentive - By Report Or By Line ?
Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?   Thanks ! ...

What Is The Going Per Report Rate For Radiology? I've Been Offered A Job
Feb 16, 2012

that pays per report and I'm trying to get an idea if what they are offering is fair.  I live in the rural midwest.  ...

Radiology Report Shows S/l *lumpy*
Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula. ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

Which Is Correct? Above-average Range Or Above Average Range....
May 06, 2010

I've seen it both ways.  Is one way correct or preferred?  Or is either acceptable? Thanks much in advance! ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

What's The Average Pay Now?
Apr 25, 2011

Anybody know the average pay now? I just received a check for 2 wks for $600 after taxes, insurance take home for 40 hours...not great! ...

Average Cpl
Jan 07, 2012

My department will soon be outsourced so I'm looking for a job. I've been paid hourly for 13 years so wondered if anyone could tell me an average pay on a cpl basis for both straight transcription and VR. Thanks. ...

Average Pay
Mar 27, 2012

Can anyone give me an idea of what you are able to average for an hourly rate at Nuance?  I know everyone is different, just curious. ...

Average Top Pay?
May 27, 2014

So what is the average top pay most places pay after years of employment?  I've been with the same company for many years and get 9 cpl and 1/2 that for SR.  I've only been with the one company so really don't know what goes on most other places.  I'm very unhappy though and want to change companies but can't go down a lot to start.   ...

On Average, How May Lines Does A
Jun 11, 2010

full-time MT type in one day?  I have always had P/T MT jobs,  but I think some days I'm getting full-time workloads, 1500+ lines.  Just curious.  Thanks ...

Average Salary
Dec 15, 2011

On average, how much do you fellow MTs who work 40 hours week earn per week or month?   ...

Does Anyone Really Average 150 Lph With 20 Accounts?
Feb 25, 2012

Hi,  I would like to know if any of you regular MModal employees truly get to the point of being able to do 20 accounts and make both the lph and QA requirements? Not looking for the negative flaming.   I personally am really struggling.  I just don't know how one can read specs from 2-3 new accounts in an hour with all the peculiarities and still meet above said requirements. I want it to work.  I don't really want a new job.  But I feel like we are be ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If 4 Cpl For VR Is The Average Pay These Days?
Oct 03, 2012

Am Curious As To What You Average In LPH
Oct 14, 2012

Am considering applying with Nuance.  Have worked with the M*Modal speech engine before and know that Escription is superior but how much better is what I wonder.  Would you be willing to give me an honest estimate of your average productivity in LPH when editing?  I don't need inflated numbers just something to go by that reflects a reasonable expectation.  Also, what is the minimum LPH required by Nuance when editing? Thanks in advace. ...

Average Pay Per Hour
Jun 19, 2013

Does anyone know what the AVERAGE transcriptionst makes per hour?  Most are paid per line now, but I am just wondering what people are earning per hour.  I am a transcriptionst working for an orthopedist.  I have 15+ years experience and have been working with this company for a few years now.  I am currently being paid 13.90 per hour.  I am an independent contractor, so no benefits, PTO, 401K, etc.  For some reason I just feel like I am being paid very low consider ...

Average Lines
Apr 29, 2014

I currently work for a clinic system who, it seems, is trying to usher us out the door so I've been looking at online companies.  It seems plenty pay by the line but I have NO clue how many lines per hour I can even do because the only number my place of employment gives us is average minutes per hour for an entire month (our bare minimum is 12 min/hr).  So I am curious to know what sort of average lines per hour you ladies can do?  We really cannot afford for me to take a hu ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

Average Production Lph At Webmedx??
Jul 29, 2010

AVERAGE LINES PER MONTH
Sep 17, 2010

Hello, Can someone tell me how many lines per month should the average transcriptionist be able to do. Thanks ...

How Much On Average Does 8 Cents A Line Come Out To Be?
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious as I have never been paid by the line, how much does getting paid 7, 8, 9, 10 cents a line average out to be.  I realize it all depends on how fast you are but say on average???  What do most companies pay?  Thanks! ...

Average Hourly Rate
Jun 29, 2011

I'm re-applying to MQ as I desperately need a job.  My question is, are you all able to make at least $10.00 per hour still??  I ask because in searching around, it looks like $10.00 is the best I'm going to be able to do.  I do radiology so I will probably end up doing a lot of editing which I have never done before, so I'm just curious to see if $10.00 is realistic doing both straight typing and/or editing?  Any info appreciated.  Such a shame that its c ...