A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report - Old and Tired Grandma

Posted: Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P?

Thank you.

x-rays - NK

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been paid per report for several years, but several years ago I was paid $1/rpt for 1 rad who did very short reports and $1.50 for another who did longer ones. They were all diagnostic exams.

I just checked account I'm working on now, and with a mix of long and short the average is $1.25/rpt. If this will be your own account, however, I don't think I would do it for less than $1.50 to compensate for your expenses.

My experience with this - Jenisue74

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked exactly this same schedule with a few years of rad experience at the time and was making 1.00 per x-ray and 1.50 per ultrasound. This was in a mid-sized southern city a couple of years ago and worked from home.

My experience/pay - 2bz2sleep

[ In Reply To ..]
I was getting $4 per page, counted per half page. Up to 5 was 1/2 and 5.1 on the ruler was a full page. Most of it was templated. That was my first radiology account.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Going Per Report Rate For Radiology? I've Been Offered A Job
Feb 16, 2012

that pays per report and I'm trying to get an idea if what they are offering is fair.  I live in the rural midwest.  ...

What Is The Going Rate In The Midwest For Straight Transcription And For VR?
Oct 25, 2012

I submitted my resume for an IC position and received an email requesting that I submit a proposal of what I expected to make per line for straight transcription and for VR.  With 20 years as an MT, I felt that my proposal was pretty fair.  I said 8.5 cpl for straight transcription and 5 cpl for VR. I received an email from the company telling me that generally thye pay their ICs 7 cpl for straight typing and 3 cpl for VR and asked me to consider lowering my quote.  I was fl ...

Radiology Transcription Rate Question
Nov 14, 2012

Hello all.  I am a very experienced acute care MT, 13 yrs in the business, all specialties, ESLs, all work types, etc.  I have been wanting to get out of the MTSOs for quite some time. I was recently offered an in-office job at a radiology center for part front-office work and part radiology transcription.  I was very clear to them that I had no specific training in either, but they actually hired me.  I am tickled pink.  I think my acute care experience helped in terms ...

Fair Line Rate For SC
Jan 04, 2010

I am starting up my own MT Business and want to make sure I am not over/under charging.  I was thinking 12 cents a line.  Is this too much/too little? I am currently working for a MT business and I am making 8 cents a line but that company is located in Virginia so I cannot really use them as  comparison of what to charge the doctor's offices.  Please advise! ...

Fair Cpl Rate For Newbie?
Mar 02, 2011

Just got a small temporary job helping a doc catch up on a backlog.  I will be working as an IC and the job is pretty small.  What would be a fair cpl rate to charge?  He's a friend from college, so he told me to name my price.  I'm a new transcription graduate with 2 advanced degrees.  Thanks!! ...

What Should Be Expected As A Fair Rate Now
Sep 15, 2011

I have never seen pay so low for MTs....I am really pretty shocked to see some of the rates.  I do realize that good ol' 11-12 cpl is never going to be coming back, I know the economy is not good for anyone, businesses included, but I really am wondering how low can I go and still make a decent living?  Now I am talking about somebody with a lot of years of experience in all fields.  I am thinking no lower than 8 for me, and even that makes me cringe, and I am trying to psych ...

Fair Line Rate
Feb 17, 2013

Can someone give me what the fair line rate is for straight typing?  I was paid an hourly rate in my previous position, eliminated due to Dragon, and now looking for work.  I have been offered 9 cents per line, straight typing, no ESL.  I did some searching and it looked like 9 to 18 cents per line, but that's an Internet search, so not credible.  Thanks!  Going to take the position, because I think I can do okay.  Not the big checks, I'm used to, but see ...

What Is A Fair Hourly Rate?
Mar 29, 2014

Can anybody please tell me what is a fair hourly rate for a transcriptionist in a single-doctor office in Texas? The last time I worked as an MT in a clinic was 18 years ago. I then worked for a large hospital and made about $9 more an hour than my highest clinic pay. After getting laid off, I worked for N for a few months and have been out of the MT field for a little over a year. Thanks in advance! ...

Update On Fair Hourly Rate Question
Apr 05, 2014

Last week I asked what you all thought was a fair hourly rate for a one-doctor clinic MT. I went to the interview on Tuesday. The job ad was for a "medical records transcriptionist." The office uses an EMR. The nurse practitioner uses the EMR, but the doctor uses a piece of paper that resembles the EMR screen and checks the appropriate boxes and writes additional comments. The job is to take those papers and input the data in the EMR. It's not actual transcription, no headset or foot pedal ...

What Is A Fair Rate Per Audio Minute? Is 0.6 Okay? I've Never Been Paid That Way Before
Apr 05, 2014

nm ...

Such A Disgrace, IDS Offering 6 Cpl For Straight Typing Radiology.
Jan 31, 2013

. ...

VR Rate Versus Straight Typing
Apr 16, 2014

I really wish I understood the logic behind paying 4 cpl for VR as opposed to 8 for straight typing.  Do these people think it takes us exactly half the time?  I understand being paid a little less, but it should be around 6 cpl.  We still have to listen to the dictation, which takes the same time.  What about the providers we basically have to type the whole report for?  Yet we get the 4 cpl because it's VR.  So unfair.  Did they do some type of study tha ...

What Is A Good Rate For VR And Straight Typing?
Dec 22, 2014

I have been out of the market for a few years and trying to get a part time job. Have an interview today, but my question is what should I expect is a fair wage per line?  VR and straight typing. I have 30 years transcription experience.  Would appreciate it if someone could help me out here!!! ...

Radiology - What's The Going Rate?
Dec 14, 2009

What's the going rate with Radiology these days?  I'm getting $18/hour, but I could be making (much, much) more if I got paid by the line or by the dictated minute.  ...

Anyone Know Going Rate Of Radiology MT?
Oct 09, 2010

I realize it varies depending on where you live - but not by that much, I think.  I applied at a local hospital in June and this morning got an email message that there was opening in the Rad Department for MT.  I went ahead and sent my electronic application.   No guarantee I'll even called for interview much less get the job, but I'm curious if the hospitals tend to pay by the hour or by page, etc.    The benefits are incredible and that is the rea ...

Anyone Know Radiology Pay Rate On Job?
Jun 28, 2014

Search function does not want to work for me.  Could anyone working for Peachtree doing radiology let me know the line rate?  Anything else I should know about this company? ...

What Is Nuance's Standard Cpl Rate For Straight Typing?
Nov 20, 2012

x ...

Alliance Health Documentation What Their Rate Is For Straight Typing?
Mar 11, 2014

Anybody know what their line per character and what their rate is for straight typing?  Also, do they have VR? ...

Radiology Per Report Pay
Aug 02, 2011

I have typed radiology and have been paid by the line.  I was offered a job for $1.50 per report for any report under 5 minutes.  Any report over 5 minutes would be $3.00.  I would like feedback on this if anyone has any opinions on whether this is a decent rate.  Thank you. ...

Pay Per Radiology Report
Feb 18, 2013

I am in the hiring process.  They are offering $1.26 per radiology report during daytime hours and $1.38 for evenings and nights.  I've never been paid by report.  Does anyone have an opinion about these rates? ...

WooHoo! Got A 1802s Straight Typing Report.
Sep 15, 2010

when the idiot PA failed to properly hang up the phone after 298s. Just another day in MQ land. I need a vacation....Too bad I don't have any PTO left! ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

Average Per Report Pay For Radiology?
Oct 21, 2011

Going from line pay to per report pay and looking for an idea of standard rates.   ...

Radiology Incentive - By Report Or By Line ?
Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?   Thanks ! ...

Radiology Report Shows S/l *lumpy*
Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula. ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Is 8 Cpl For Straight Transcription As An IC Too Low?
Dec 17, 2011

I'm looking to transition from being an employee to an IC postion.  I've been offered 8 cpl for straight transcription.  Is this the new going rate, or should I hold out for more?  I've got about 9 years of experience.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Straight Transcription Job
May 04, 2012

Does anyone know of a company that is hiring for straight transcription? My job recently changed over to speech recognition and my pay has been cut almost in half because of it. ...