A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone work for Amphion doing Radiology? Do you feel you can be productive on pay-per-report p - floridian

Posted: Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also?

Please let me know and thank you for your time!

the people from my co who went said no--what they dont tell - LB1234

[ In Reply To ..]
Amphion stays mum about a WHOLE lot with radiology-- Like, you don't get the SMALL reports. They are normals or macros for the doctor and YOU NEVER SEE THEM as an editor. When you are trying to figure it out--and I tried-- they NEVER tell you that their EXTREMELY LOW per report rate is ONLY the LONG LONG LONG reports. Ask them and see if they even answer the question. They won't.

65 cents per report. - TEX

[ In Reply To ..]
is what they told me. Hope that helps Floridian.

oh no - I was told...

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told 60 cents per report free text and 4 cpl on Triton VR...grrr
Keystrokes pays $1.10 or more for free text and $0.75 for Powerscribe editing. nm - Do not sell yourself short
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I should've stayed - oh no
[ In Reply To ..]
I should've stayed with Keystrokes a long time ago. I had my interview with Amphion last week, but have not said yay or nay yet so I'm going with a big NAY. SOMEONE KICK ME PLEASE..
Give them a call. I did and am glad I did. sm - RadPro
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them years ago and did not have a great experience. I went back a few years ago and am glad I did. They know that they were not so great when they first started getting big but they've worked hard to improve that and really have. I think that if someone gives them another chance, they are willing to do the same. That's what they told me. I'm glad I did and hope you do too. Email if you want.
Jeez! TransTech pays $1.00 for PowerScribe editing. - KittyKatz
[ In Reply To ..]
Those companies should be ashamed of themselves. I'm sure they charge as much to the client as TT and are pocketing the difference. Shame!
Shame, shame, shame... - Carol
[ In Reply To ..]
They truly should be, but they aren't...those evil folks will be typing for Dr. Lucy Fer for eternity they way they treat people!!
PowerScribe Editing - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Can someone tell me what PowerScribe Editing is? Thanks!
Heck, I'm calling Transtech. A buck a report for PS editing? I can make - Soon to be former KSer
[ In Reply To ..]
a killing at that. Thanks for the info Kitty.
Except they don't have enough work to keep anyone busy in Powerscribe. - BTDT with TT
[ In Reply To ..]
I can make $1 a report but only get 20 reports a day. With KS, I am getting $.75 per report and doing 25 reports an hour, sometimes more.

Are you not getting enough work with KS? Email me and I can ask my lead if there is room on the account I am; I think that they are hiring for 2 more openings.
The problem with posting rates is that there are variables at all the companies. sm - RadMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I make more than that for PS and for free text. I have been there a while and have 25 years of experience, but it is higher than that.
Abysmally low, do not accept a job with them - unbelievable
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Radiology - x-Amphion

[ In Reply To ..]
PTO is based on hours worked, not your actual production. It's a sticky-wicket to make sure your hours match your production (IOW, if you type 2000 lines in 5 hours actual keyboard time but in 8 hours, the 8 is how your #s are based- and I just threw those #s out as an example).

For me, there was very little radiology available on a frequent basis, so had to pitch in in other report types.

The pay is LOW for the reports and yes, very, very few long reports.

The snag you with the 2 months of paid training, but ask yourself why anyone would NEED two months to train on anything.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Working For Amphion? Doing Radiology?
Sep 13, 2010

I am setting up an interview, and was just wondering how you like it?  How is the pay?  How do they pay for Radiology?  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks!  ...

Amphion - Radiology Payscale - Any Info?? Nm
Apr 12, 2013

I Feel Like Calling Up My QAM And Asking HER What I Should Put In This Report.
Dec 12, 2013

Did the doctor change his mind on the patient's position, or is it just a gap because he got distracted and repeated himself. Gee, should I put modified or not put in that word? I would say the doctor was distracted and repeated himself, but who knows (except QA). I have been smacked too many times to make any decision. This is what happens when you treat a dog like we have been treated - too leary to take any action! Should have included that in the company survey! ...

I Feel Just Horrible, Got 2 Critical Errors In The SAME Report....sm
Aug 11, 2013

I got a rather lengthy dictation by the most horrifying ESL physician who happened to be dictating next to the emergency room radio for traumas or something similar (bad dictator + lots of radio noise + already noisy emergency room).  I was so flustered and frustrated by the time I finally managed to finish editing it that I could've cried.  I spent an enormous amount of time in the report, and yet I was still not careful enough not to make 2 very stupid mistakes.  Yes, they ...

Radiology Per Report Pay
Aug 02, 2011

I have typed radiology and have been paid by the line.  I was offered a job for $1.50 per report for any report under 5 minutes.  Any report over 5 minutes would be $3.00.  I would like feedback on this if anyone has any opinions on whether this is a decent rate.  Thank you. ...

Pay Per Radiology Report
Feb 18, 2013

I am in the hiring process.  They are offering $1.26 per radiology report during daytime hours and $1.38 for evenings and nights.  I've never been paid by report.  Does anyone have an opinion about these rates? ...

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

Average Per Report Pay For Radiology?
Oct 21, 2011

Going from line pay to per report pay and looking for an idea of standard rates.   ...

Radiology Incentive - By Report Or By Line ?
Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?   Thanks ! ...

What Is The Going Per Report Rate For Radiology? I've Been Offered A Job
Feb 16, 2012

that pays per report and I'm trying to get an idea if what they are offering is fair.  I live in the rural midwest.  ...

Radiology Report Shows S/l *lumpy*
Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula. ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

A Productive Morning :)
Apr 05, 2013

After working a half hour out of 2 hours of my shift, I am now sitting on the couch with my puppy leaving messages for TAA office, filing for unemployment and now talking with unemployment office while they figure out how the TAA petition works. I agree with the others who have said please call TAA.  He did not even want to know the details.  They already know what this company is doing.   ...

PScribe--What Productive Tool Is Best To Use?
Jan 21, 2011

That platform does not have a built in productive tool (expansions), and I was just wondering what everyone else uses. Thanks. ...

Archivus - Is Their Platform Productive?
Jul 11, 2011

Got an interview and I am so worried about their platform or platforms. I am so tired of being disappointed and unproductive on crap platforms. I have read that they are a good place to work. Would love info on that as well. Thanks!! ...

Having A Wonderful, Productive Pay Period So Far.
Jul 18, 2011

About $150.00 less than it would have been.  )frown( ...

How Can I Be More Productive Using VR.... What Are The Magic Keys???
Aug 24, 2012

What are the most important things I need to know?  This will be my first time trying VR... I have tried over the years to get away from it and finally it has caught up with me.  I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years. ...

How Can I Be Very Productive Using EScription Platform
Aug 28, 2012

Only being paid 3.7 cpl.   I normally average 250 lines per hour straight typing.  I need to try and get that equivalent in pay.  TIA ...

Need Good Ideas On Being Productive With
Sep 14, 2012

Will be many different clinics.  I am accustomed to acute care only but this account will be about 70 percent clinic and 30 percent acute care.  TIA ...

Dictaphone Platform - Is This Productive?
Aug 13, 2014

How productive is Dictaphone platform for line count?   ...

Most Productive/popular Abbrev Expander?
Oct 21, 2009

The company I work for is changing over to ChartNet, with its ExpandText expander. I don't like that it has no way of adding/creating new shortcuts without using the mouse. The expander I use now is not compatible with ChartNet, and I'm wondering which expander is used by the majority of MTs....has no limit to the number of expansions/abbrevs it can hold, etc. Would welcome any suggestions. Thinking about Shorthand, but wondering what most MTs are using. ...

Any Current Info On Precyse? How About The Platform - Productive? SM
Oct 20, 2009

Also how about the benefits, especially insurance - do you feel they are a good deal for the price? Do you feel the way the PTO adds up is beneficial to the MT?  Does anyone know anything about the account that they are hiring for right now?  Thanks for anything you care to share.  ...

Instant Text - Word Glossary Productive For You?
Jan 07, 2010

Hi everybody, I have been utilizing Instant Text for about 6 months now, which has helped my production. However, I know there are many things I can do to update, improve my Instant Text glossaries.  I really do not use the Word glossary because I found that it was hard for me to look at both glossaries at the same time.  I mainly use the phrase glossary.  For Instant Text users, here are some of my questions: 1.  I mainly transcribe ED reports.  Do you think it is more productive to ...

Tips And Strategies To Help Stay Focused And Productive...
Apr 05, 2011

Hi all, I have to do a Powerpoint presentation this week in front of a group of MT students.  I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to share any tips or ideas that you may use that has helped you remain focused and productive while working in a home environment.  I've been an MT for over 20 years and worked from home for 14.  Other than the obvious strategies that I use like getting dressed, eating breakfast, turning the phnoe off, and dedicating workspace, I& ...

Can You Ever Get Productive On MModal In The Straight Typing Mode?
Dec 14, 2011

Can you ever get productive on MModal in the straight typing mode?  Having to ctl+N and Ctl+shift+N for every header just doesn't seem productive.  Can anyone make the same lph in MModal as they do in a decent platform?  Thanks.  I really don't understand the "brains" (or lack of them) behind these programmers than design these programs. ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...