A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the average Benefit Rate/PTO rate? Friends I talk to - are getting between 9 and 10. SM

Posted: Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that. 

And it is okay to say here. *They* wont know who you are. This needs to - be brought into open so we know what is going on.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It changes every 6 months - varied

[ In Reply To ..]
One time I was in the 19 range, then dropped down to 13, then back up to 16, now down to 13 again...

Yeah, it does flucuate but was wondering how bad I was getting - scr3wed. Any others willing to say? TIA

[ In Reply To ..]
x

more than that - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it's so mystical - I thought it was just an average of what you made over the past 6 months. Since my cpl is probably higher than you, my PTO average is higher than yours.
yeah, and if you bounce around a lot and production is low - then PTO pay will be low
[ In Reply To ..]
Also varies for part time versus full time if I am remembering correctly.

i average between 16-18 hour. - radMT

[ In Reply To ..]
but this time it will be more like bare minimum 13/hr this next 6 months as I became so unwilling to work hard after my pay decrease. I have to pump out the constant work for almost the entire hour to make 19/hr. but its typical and unlikely to achieve a 40-hr week. nja

In the past 2 years mine has fluctuated between - 19.66 and 20.78. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Benefit Rate
Jul 13, 2010

I thought I was prepared for the benefit rate letter.   As far as I could tell, my pay had been at least the same and once in a while actually a few dollars higher.  So, how can my benefit rate go DOWN $1 PER HOUR???????????  I was prepared that it would not be higher, but I think this is just plain wrong.  Like the other poster said - wouldn't I have noticed if I was making $80-88 per paycheck LESS (80-88 hours full time average at minus $1 per hour)??  What a bunch of hooey.  ...

New Benefit Rate
Feb 15, 2012

Are you kidding me?  Now I am down to $10 an hour for my benefit rate.  I pulled out all my old rates and it shows a steady decline.  Seriously, it CAN'T be all me.  I have dropped from $17.25 to $16.16 to 14.39 to 13.58 to 12.56 to 10.60 to now 10.00.  Is everyone else going through the same?  I type the same as I always have for years and years and years, the only change is this ASR which apparently is the death of me. ...

Benefit Rate Dropping Again
Jan 12, 2010

For those of us that are still hanging on by a thread, did your benefit rate fall?  I just got my letter...lost another $1.  I know that doesn't seem much but over the last few changes I have lost $5...just keeps going down.  I guess I shouldn't care...I have had to use all of my PTO to make up time.  I am probably going to be performance managed (or fired, not sure) because my CCM said we could clock in and out all day to keep from putting in NJA tickets (so we wou ...

Benefit Rate Letter
Jul 20, 2012

How'd you do? (please no actual figures, just was it up or down). ...

Anyone Know When A New Benefit Rate Calculated?
Jan 12, 2013

Anyone know when a new benefit rate calculated? I have been earning this same crappy rate for at least 6 months even though I make double and almost triple the supposed "average lines per hour." I think I am getting ripped ...

What Exactly Is The Benefit Rate Tied To?
Jan 14, 2013

What exactly is the benefit rate tied to?  As in is that how they figure your pto or holiday rate?  Is the benefit rate figured by our lines per hour rate?  ...

Did You Benefit Rate Go Up, Down Or Stay The Same?
Jul 26, 2013

nm ...

Anybody Not Get A Benefit Rate Letter Yet?
Jul 29, 2013

I haven't gotten one yet.  Hope that doesn't mean something bad! ...

Found Out Why My Benefit Rate Went Down
Jan 23, 2014

Apparently they count work availability hours in your benefit rate calculation so you are getting dinged for not being able to work. If I can't work, I shouldn't be dinged for it IMO. That is why mine went down $3.00 an hour, lots of no work issues. ...

Did Anyone Receive Notification Of Their Benefit Rate?
Aug 19, 2011

Did anyone receive notification of their benefit rate?  The email send out in July said we were supposed to be notified no later than July 20 of our new benefit rate.  I have never received any information.  Thanks. ...

Once Our Benefit Rate Reaches Min Wage Can It Go Lower?????
Jul 15, 2010

NM ...

Benefit Rate Went Down $3.00 An Hour, Just In Time For Vacation
Jan 17, 2014

Just great. Even though it says on their little line count thing that I do 488 lines per hour, benefit rate goes down $3.00 an hour. I didn't do that many before so what gives MM? ...

Applied For Partial UE But Since I Am Part Time, Same As My Benefit Rate
Feb 19, 2013

They told me the amt I would get is the same as my benefit rate of four hours paid by mmodal so I guess I won't bother.  It seems to be more of a pain than its worth. I will just take the benefit rate times four hours.  Can't live on it but better than nothing. ...

Average Hourly Rate
Jun 29, 2011

I'm re-applying to MQ as I desperately need a job.  My question is, are you all able to make at least $10.00 per hour still??  I ask because in searching around, it looks like $10.00 is the best I'm going to be able to do.  I do radiology so I will probably end up doing a lot of editing which I have never done before, so I'm just curious to see if $10.00 is realistic doing both straight typing and/or editing?  Any info appreciated.  Such a shame that its c ...

Average Rate Per Line In California
Mar 10, 2010

I am just starting out and am trying to get an idea of what to charge.  Anyone who works in Ca, preferrably northern Ca, have any info for me?  I've heard that the west coast is averaging .10 per line, but I"d like to have an idea of what people are charging locally so that I don't undersell myself! ...

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

What Is Average Hourly Rate Paid By Major Healthcare System
Oct 26, 2011

for transcriptionists.  Always been paid by line count production and now I am looking at an hourly rate.  Company won't tell me pay rate until interview.  Afraid that it will only be like $10 an hour and don't want to bother with interview if it will be too low.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

What Is A QA Sub Rate?
Nov 05, 2009

Just got mine, had one last pay period, well duh-------nobody explained it to me!! ...

Pay Rate-HELP!!
Jun 13, 2010

I've been out of the industry and on unemployment for over a year, and have just been contacted by a previous employer to work for them again.  The catch?  I was very well paid by this company and I will be discussing my rate of pay tomorrow with the payroll manager.  I am gunshy about asking for too much money because I now know what slim pickings it is out there.  Should I just jump in and ask for the same rate as before?  I was paid by the page, does anyone ...

DSG Pay Rate
Aug 09, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me an exact cents per line that they make at DSG, documentation services group.  Let me know! I've just received email that i can now test with them and was wondering.  Also how was the test?      ...

What Is The Rate?
Dec 23, 2010

I was offered a second shift job doing QA.  They pay by the hour, but I am not sure what the going rate is. What should I ask for? ...

PTO Rate
Jan 17, 2011

Has anyone noticed an unfamiliar rate in the ultipro system when viewing your pto hours available?  Mine is way off unless they dramatically dropped my PTO pay rate without me knowing yet.  I have not received the dreaded 6th months pto rate change for january in the mail.  I contacted payroll and waiting for a response back. ...

Pay Rate - Rad MT
Jul 11, 2011

What a shock to wake up this morning and realize the almighty "Q" has just sent me hurling into bancruptcy!  My husband lost his $75,000/year job 3 months ago and just found another but only making $8.50/hour.  As we don't live beyond our means, we thought that would at least let us catch up on the major bills.  But now I'm going from $1.65 a report to $1.20 a report.  That's a MAJOR cut in pay ($1,000 to $3,000 PER MONTH).  This is devastating and I feel ...

IC Pay Rate
Sep 20, 2011

I am thinking of taking an IC position.  Can anyone tell me the going rate of how much to charge a company?  Thanks! ...

VR Pay Rate
Oct 11, 2011

I recently read a job posting that required 150 lph for straight type and 225 for VR - Does this make sense ?  These companies are using the excuse that we should be able to produce "twice as many lines" with VR - thus - HALF the pay.  If that is truly the case, then why in the world would the line requirement not reflect that as well.  Obviously, these companies know VR is not nearly as productive for the MT as they claim; however, I would venture to guess with the MT making hal ...

Going Rate For IC?
Jan 05, 2012

After nearly a decade of working with Webmedx, I like many others am looking for extra work to supplement what I will be losing with Nuance.  I have a chance to pick up some part-time IC work, but I have no idea what a good acute care IC rate is.  Ten years ago, I charged $0.12/line.  Is this still an okay rate?  More?  Less?  I don't want to ask for too much and have them laugh at me, but I also don't want to sell myself short. Thanks for any advice! ...