A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Charge for Radiology per report - Bren

Posted: Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology?

It depends on the company - My experience

[ In Reply To ..]
I was paid $1.35 per report with one company. Another company paid depending on the type of report (75 cents for plain films, $1 for ultrasounds, $1.50 for MRIs, etc). Another factor is your experience. The more you have, the more they will give you. I wouldn't accept anything less than $1.50 with my 12 years of Rad experience. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Charge For Radiology Reports
Apr 24, 2012

I have been working for transcription companies for the last 10 years and now feel like I am ready to try it on my own.  I do radiology transcription and would like to get some feedback/advise from any other MTs who have done this.  I thought maybe I should compose a letter to circulate to local radiology/ortho facilities offering my services.  But I'm not really sure what to charge???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ...

Radiology Per Report Pay
Aug 02, 2011

I have typed radiology and have been paid by the line.  I was offered a job for $1.50 per report for any report under 5 minutes.  Any report over 5 minutes would be $3.00.  I would like feedback on this if anyone has any opinions on whether this is a decent rate.  Thank you. ...

Pay Per Radiology Report
Feb 18, 2013

I am in the hiring process.  They are offering $1.26 per radiology report during daytime hours and $1.38 for evenings and nights.  I've never been paid by report.  Does anyone have an opinion about these rates? ...

Average Per Report Pay For Radiology?
Oct 21, 2011

Going from line pay to per report pay and looking for an idea of standard rates.   ...

Radiology Incentive - By Report Or By Line ?
Mar 29, 2010

We're doing some reorganizing in our hospitals and radiology transcription will now be in the same dept as HIM transcription.  Looking at incentive plans.   It's been a while since I did radiology so I'm not sure what the current trend is for payment  -- are you paid by the report or by the line for radiology work ?   Thanks ! ...

What Is The Going Per Report Rate For Radiology? I've Been Offered A Job
Feb 16, 2012

that pays per report and I'm trying to get an idea if what they are offering is fair.  I live in the rural midwest.  ...

Radiology Report Shows S/l *lumpy*
Sep 07, 2012

Radiology report shows s/l *lumpy* but successful reestablishment of flow in the fistula. ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

Does Anyone Work For Amphion Doing Radiology? Do You Feel You Can Be Productive On Pay-per-report P
Sep 06, 2010

Does your PTO add up quickly this way also? Please let me know and thank you for your time! ...

Fair Rate For Straight Radiology Transcription Per Report
Apr 05, 2013

What would be a fair rate for straight radiology transcription per report for a well-seasoned, part-time employee working every Friday and Saturday from 3P to 11P? Thank you. ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

What To Charge
Feb 27, 2010

What would you charge someone to listen to a file to help fill in blanks?  It is not an everyday thing and only a few files every once in a while.  This person wants to pay me for this and I have no idea what to charge. ...

How Do You Charge?
Mar 08, 2011

I am an independent subcontractor with one large account.  The hospital is switching to VR and I have been able to keep the account, but I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, or where to find info about this.  This is all happening over the next few weeks so I need to come up with a plan.  I currently charge a flat rate per line, and have not increased my fee in many years.  However, if I do editing work, do I charge per report?  I don't have a clue.  H ...

How To Charge?
Mar 09, 2011

As an independent subcontractor, how do I charge for editing as opposed to transcribing?  I currently charge a flat rate per line for transcription, but with my hospital switching to VR over the next few months I will be doing some editing as well.  I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, etc.  Any help appreciated! ...

How Much Should I Charge?
Dec 06, 2012

Hello!  I am a fairly new MT (2 years experience) and I am currently doing IC work.  I have been approached by a physician (that I used to work for as a medical assistant) to do her transcription for her as she has gone out on her own and has a private practice now.  It is a family practice, so pretty basic office visit notes.  My question is what should I charge her per line?  OR should I charge per report, per page, or what?  I'm not sure yet that her EM ...

EMR - How Much To Charge?
Feb 13, 2013

One of my groups is switching to EPIC and is requesting I prepopulate the return patient information into the system to generate individualized templates before their next clinic visit. No way to charge by the line. Anyone have any idea what the going rate range should be for this type of work? ...

What To Charge???
Apr 02, 2013

I have been asked to transcribe written reports....type the written reports.  I have never done this before....what is charged for this type of transcription?  I have only charged for transcribing dictated reports.   PLEASE HELP! ...

Help! What Should I Charge?
May 14, 2013

I have an opportunity to work with a local, successful Midwestern 6-physician ENT practice.  They want to know what I charge per line.  I'm currently with a larger MTSO and have been for years.  Back in the good old days I could charge my own clients by the gross line, 15, 17, 18 cents.  But those days are gone.  I don't want to lose the ENT group to an MTSO or other middleman. What is a fair rate for transcription (with no delivery or printing) these days?&nb ...

Help!! What To Charge
Feb 19, 2014

My husband's doctor called wanting me to do some transcription for them.  I am not sure what to charge.  She is ESL and can be difficult as I have gotten some of her work through the hospital account.  These would be clinical notes, straight typing.   She has put them on tapes.  Of course, needs them sometie in March -- over 100 of them.  Also I have Word 2007 and 2010 -  do they have a line count feature.  It has been a very, very long time ...

So Just Who Is In Charge Of OT - BR Or PK? Can Tell BR
May 01, 2015

is back with the MOT.  Makes you wonder why that wasn't so important while she was away. Mmmm - power/control trip!?! ...

IMEs - How Much To Charge
Sep 16, 2012

Hi!  Can anyone give me an idea on how much to charge to doctors for transcribing IMEs?  Also, going rate if working for service transcribing IMEs.  Thanks.   ...

Keystroke Charge
Feb 05, 2013

Has anyone heard of charging for using the shift key as a keystroke, meaning if you capitalize something, you basically get 2 characters instead of 1? ...

Unbelieable Charge
Mar 01, 2013

Just thought I would share this.  Back in September, I had to go to an Urgent Care Center for a nosebleed.  It just wouldn't stop.  I finally received the doctor's bill in February. Luckily my insurance paid almost all of it.  But there was a $10 charge for "Services provided between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m."  I just couldn't believe that.  I wonder sometimes how people get away with things. ...

What To Charge For Rad Reports?
Apr 08, 2013

I have been an IC MT for 10+ years but have always been compensated by CPL. I have been approached by a small clinic to transcribe their RAD reports.  What is the going rate per report these days?  TIA ...

Price To Charge
May 04, 2013

What would you charge for a private account if you had to use a printer and had to pick up and deliver the work? ...

Need Help With CHARGE Syndrome Dx.
Jul 07, 2013

Hey all, I'm doing a psych report and one of the diagnoses is CHARGE syndrome. My question is--do I spell it all out?  Or is an accepted abbreviation for the diagnoses section? CHARGE stands for the following:   Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the  choanae, Retardation of growth and development,  Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hearing loss Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the choanae, Retardation of growth and development, Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hea ...

How To Charge For EMR Work
Oct 23, 2013

I currently transcribe from home for a  local ortho clinic.  When they switch to EMR and I can convince them to keep me to transcribe, what is the best way to charge for my work?  Per patient entry (how much?) or still do the per line thing using cut and paste from Word.  I need to keep it simple and relatively cheap in order to try to keep their work.  I certainly do not want them thinking they should be able to do their own starting at a keyboard while in the exam room ...

Best Way To Charge In 2014
Jul 21, 2014

Hi - I was just contacted by a neuropsychologist I worked for years ago in the office, about transcribing reports for him from home.  I have scoured the boards and I did not see anything current about what to charge. I live in western PA.  He says the reports are somewhat repetitive. If you charge by the page, does that mean half a page is the same price as a full page? I thought by the page would be simplest for calculating what they owe, but not sure.  Setting up how to receive ...

Fair Charge Per Line In GA
Jan 01, 2010

I'm thinking about trying to go out and get my own doctor's office and have a question about what is a fair rate per line in the state of Georgia. I've been doing some research but there seems to be a huge range. Can anyone tell me if $0.18/line seems fair? Thank you for any help or information!!!! ...