A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech Medical Solutions ~ Oncology - Curious MT

Posted: Jun 26, 2014

I know there has been a huge amount of info posted on this company, but I have a specific question. I see they are hiring, once again, for oncology MTs, but my question is this...They want oncology experience with acute care, so do they put you on an oncology account and acute care accounts or what? I have never done acute care, but have over 22+ years in medical and radiation oncology, so I'm wondering whether I should even bother applying with them since I don't do acute care? And secondly, why are they always hiring for oncology? Any info from anyone who works or has worked on their oncology accounts with cpl rates, lots of work or constantly running out, good/bad dictators, what kind of company are they to work for, can I make a decent living there, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Very good point to ask - why is a company always hiring? - Its not always new accounts and too much work. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd bet anything, when you see the same company posting hiring ads over and over again, there's a problem.

Nitpicky QA with inconsistencies between QA people. - Debbie

[ In Reply To ..]
High number of ESL so a lot of wasted time researching unintelligible doctors last names trying to ID them. I'm making only $4. per hour but relatively new and still on QA. LOTS of work, especially weekends. Some horrid dictators, some good. The bad dictators really slow down production requiring a lot of free labor researching Google, doctor lists, and old reports. Nice supervisors. Pay for training plus line counts to start. I like the company and platform for oncology. Line pay as good as I've seen today.

Regarding always hiring for Onc, they do have a very large onc account, but I have been wondering about the QA factor as about 98% of what is marked would be fine with the dictator. Perhaps people are quitting because of it? Not sure.

TT Onc account - MOSTLY acute care, etc.

[ In Reply To ..]
The big onc account is mostly acute care and ancillary clinics of onc patient care. Not at all what you would expect on an oncology account.

Also. I thought TT sold out to Nuance or someone big? Why are they still a company of their own name?

BEWARE.

Thank You! - Curious MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That explains why they ask for oncology and acute care experience! Didn't make sense at all because in almost 25 years of doing oncology I have never seen nor heard of that. Thanks so much! Definitely not what I am looking for, so I really appreciate your information!

It was IMedX - ex-TT

[ In Reply To ..]
They are just as bad as Nuance. I would absolutely avoid TT/IMedX. It's near impossible to make a living there.

Good MTSO for Oncology - Curious MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for all the feedback! I just want to find a good company who needs a good oncology MT! Are there any left out there and if so, who are they? Thanks to anyone who can give me this information!
To Curious MT - Do not sell yourself short
[ In Reply To ..]
If you have done med onc for 22 years, there's no reason you could not do acute care, you just have to dive right in. There's really nothing in acute care that you haven't run across in med onc.

I thought it must be because of the horrible hours they posted - sadie nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

TT Oncology - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have done oncology for a long time, you could probably get hired. Why not apply and worry about working for them after an offer is made? Would you consider keeping your current job and supplementing PT? It never hurts to ask. The account is very large and I don't believe I have ever seen it run out of work. If you want to know the line rates, you should probably apply and see if you get a response. If you don't like the offer, you don't have to take the job.

Similar Messages:

Any Info Out There On TransTech Medical Solutions?
May 13, 2012

Hello, I'm considering testing for TransTech Medical Solutions out of Houston, Texas. Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?  Thank you! ...

TransTech Medical Solutions Radiology
Mar 27, 2013

Can someone share what is the going rate this company is paying for radiology? I don't want to spend time applying just to find out the rate is low. Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Transtech Medical Solutions
Dec 27, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of Transtech Medical Solutions- any good or bad info appreciated.  ...

Info On TransTech Medical Solutions
Jun 11, 2014

Can anyone give me info, good or bad, on TransTech Medical Solutions from Houston, Texas? I just took their test and hope to hear from them soon. Do they run out of work? Pay rate? Anything else? Thanks for any info you can give. ...

Transtech Medical Solutions - Anyone Else Get Their Checks Today?
Dec 14, 2012

My check was not direct deposited today as it normally is. This is the first time this has occurred since working for this company.  Did anyone else get their checks today? ...

Command Health Vs TransTech Medical Solutions
Jan 05, 2014

Can anyone who works at either of these places give me more info on them? I need to know which one to go with... Both have Oncology openings, so it would be for those accounts. I'd like to earn more this year with a better company than the lousy 15K I just earned this year. The company I'm with now is nice and has treated me well in all aspects, but the low pay isn't working out for me. I'd like to know things about these companies such as pay, line requirements, straight ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

TransTech Oncology MTs
Oct 04, 2012

I've read the most recent comments on TransTech, but would like to hear from someone who currently works for them doing Oncology transcription preferably (although any other MTs who currently work for them feel free to reply as well). They are currently advertising for Oncology MTs so can anyone tell me: 1) Is there always enough work to stay busy and are the doctors decent dictators or lots of ESLs?  2) How is the cpl rate?  3) Are you an IC or an employee with this company?&nbs ...

TransTech Oncology
Aug 20, 2014

Does anyone currently work for TransTech on their medical oncolgy account that can give me some information? They are currently hiring, but I would like to know if this is mostly VR or straight typing or a combination of both, if the pay is good, is there always work, etc? I'm so tired of jobs that have no work after the first few weeks, so I would like some info before I apply please. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much! ...

TransTech Oncology - 2nd Shift?
Apr 20, 2010

I recently applied with TransTech for a part-time Oncology position and was made an offer.  Anyone here work for TT doing oncology?  Is there plenty of work?  Lots of ESLs? Percentage of VR to straight typing?  I'll be talking to the recruiter in a couple of days.  Thanks for your help! ...

Transtech - The New Oncology Account?
Aug 15, 2010

Just curious how the new oncology account is going at Transtech that started this past week or so.  I worked on this account for the previous service and cannot imagine the work being done with voice rec.  This large facility was loaded with terrible dictators, highly specialized terminology, and individual physicians with their own preferred specifications, let alone the account had detailed and constantly changing specs.  ...

TransTech (oncology Account(s)
Aug 10, 2011

Could anyone who works on the oncology account(s) at TT please share their experience.  Is there enough work?  How are you treated?  Is their platform(s) for both straight transcription and VR good enough to produce the required lines count(s)?  I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you. ...

TransTech Oncology - No Work
Mar 14, 2013

I have been running out of work all week at TransTech.  I guess they hired more people.  I'm beginning to really dislike my job! ...

TransTech Oncology Jobs
May 22, 2013

Anyone with knowledge regarding the oncology jobs that TT has posted on the job board?  Is there enough work?  If so, is it mostly VR?  How are they to work for?  It is really difficult to find companies that will let you do only hem/onc or rad/onc and that is really what I want.  Do you know what platform is used?  Thank you for taking the time to reply.  Would like to hear anything at all you have to say about this company.  Thanks again. ...

TransTech Big Oncology Account
Jul 23, 2013

I have never seen so many IDIOT , native English speaking, dictators in one group before.  Never mind all the E4L (skip 2nd language , these ar 4th at best) dictators who mumble and muddle through.  DRIVES ME INSANE. Never mind it is supposedly oncology. .  well........ the greatest majority of the reports are acute care notes Never mind the Fluency platform..  It is right down there with Meditech and even worse than the old WP51 used to be.  Like rates aren't l ...

What's Wrong With The Transtech Oncology
Sep 17, 2013

account that they are always hiring for it?  I used to work for them years ago, but left because there wasn't enough work.  Good place to work for, but lack of work won't pay the bills.  Just wondering if anything changed there.   ...

TransTech Oncology Recruiting
Feb 06, 2014

Anyone currently on the oncology account that TransTech is recruiting for? How are you doing so far? I am scheduled to interview. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience. ...

TransTech Oncology - Sitting And Waiting For Work To Come In For Weeks
Jan 05, 2013

I am an oncology MT with TransTech and have been sitting and waiting for work to come in for weeks.   In the last 2 weeks, I have had about 16 hours worth of work.  I'm worrying about how I am going to pay my bills.  Then I come to this site and see that TransTech is once again advertising for Oncology MTs.  This makes me SO ANGRY!!!  Why would a company do this?  Why advertise jobs when their current employees have no work at all??   ...

TransTech Solutions Merging With IMedX....sm
Mar 03, 2014

Just found out my company of a year, TransTech in Houston, TX, is merging with iMedX.  I've been liking TransTech.  Plenty of work for the most part, decent pay as an employee.  Not crazy about the Fluency platform, but I can deal with it.  Anyway, just got email stating that not much is going to change despite merger.  TransTech is a smaller company that doesn't hire outside of U.S.  I'm pretty sure that iMedX operates globally.  A shame if this ...

Any Current Info On Transtech Solutions Out Of Houston.
Apr 23, 2013

x ...

InterPRO Medical Solutions
May 20, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company? ...

Amphion Medical Solutions
Sep 05, 2010

I have been a medical transcriptionist for 20+ years and worked at home for 10 of those.  I started working outside of the house after my kids got older but decided I really missed the flexibility of working at home.  I recently interviewed for a position with Amphion Medical Solutions.  They are a small company with only 300 transcriptionists.  Has anyone heard of them?  Does anyone know anything about them?  Do you think they will get gobbled up by the MedQuist e ...

Anything About Amphion Medical Solutions?
Oct 25, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Amphion Medical Solutions? ...

Trans Tech Medical Solutions
Mar 25, 2010

Does anyone know anything about or work for Trans Tech Medical Solutions?  Do they have plenty or work, pay on time, etc. ...

Precyse Solutions - Medical Records Department Has Just Been Outsourced
Sep 15, 2010

Our medical records department has just been outsourced to Precyse solutions.  I have looked at a lot of posts, but most are old and I was wondering if anyone has any input to help me decide to take a job there.... thanks in advance! ...

TransTech Medical Insurance
Sep 29, 2010

Could someone please share what medical insurance company TransTech insures with?  Thanks. ...

Can You Use Satellite With Transtech Medical ? - Sm
Sep 17, 2012

Was thinking of applying, really don't want to go thru all the time and trouble if they say, sorry no satellite.  Also what platform(s) do they use, etc.  Thanks!  ...

TransTech Medical - All Positions Filled?
Mar 11, 2012

Got an e-mail from TransTech that the positions for the rad MT job posting on the Job Seeker's Board dated 3/6/2012 are filled, however, the posting is still listed here, so not sure what the real deal is.   I'm sure someone from their company will see this post then remove the ad.  But, I do wonder if they just don't want to hire and pay a good line rate for an experienced MT.  If anyone else applied for this posting, did you also receive that e-mail? ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Another One On Oncology
Mar 24, 2010

patient is going to be treated with "carbotaxol" plus radiation? Does that sound like a drug or is it possibly 2 separate drugs? I know that Taxol is a medication. thanks again ...