A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What's wrong with the Transtech Oncology - Wondering

Posted: Sep 17, 2013

account that they are always hiring for it?  I used to work for them years ago, but left because there wasn't enough work.  Good place to work for, but lack of work won't pay the bills.  Just wondering if anything changed there.  

Well - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, left them a couple of years ago for the same reason you did, lack of work, and I was on that big oncology account.

Around 95% (or more) VR, some horrific dictators (non-ESL and ESL), and, as you said, a complete lack of work (yet chained to the computer to check back every 30 minutes without pay, of course) for at least 2-3 of my shifts every week.

I assume they start new hires out with sufficient work to make sure they're trained and comfortable with the account, then the new hires also start seeing there isn't enough work to go around if you want to pay your bills and afford the insurance.

I enjoyed the people and my account manager during my time with TT, but when it got to the point where I was barely getting enough lines to pay for my insurance and little on my paycheck, I found greener pastures.

It would be good for a secondary income, though.

well... not making minimum wage - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
One of the big ones went to Fluency and the VR is NASTY NASTY. Either no work or begging for OT... no balance. Nearly every morning there is NO work.

I spend nearly as much time editing a report as straight typing it... for almost half the line rate. VERY discouraging.

And you know the account specs are nasty. TONS of exceptions to the rules, of which many are not standard rules to start with.

What is one to do? Not many decent companies out there anymore.

Similar Messages:

TransTech Oncology MTs
Oct 04, 2012

I've read the most recent comments on TransTech, but would like to hear from someone who currently works for them doing Oncology transcription preferably (although any other MTs who currently work for them feel free to reply as well). They are currently advertising for Oncology MTs so can anyone tell me: 1) Is there always enough work to stay busy and are the doctors decent dictators or lots of ESLs?  2) How is the cpl rate?  3) Are you an IC or an employee with this company?&nbs ...

TransTech Oncology
Aug 20, 2014

Does anyone currently work for TransTech on their medical oncolgy account that can give me some information? They are currently hiring, but I would like to know if this is mostly VR or straight typing or a combination of both, if the pay is good, is there always work, etc? I'm so tired of jobs that have no work after the first few weeks, so I would like some info before I apply please. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much! ...

TransTech Oncology - 2nd Shift?
Apr 20, 2010

I recently applied with TransTech for a part-time Oncology position and was made an offer.  Anyone here work for TT doing oncology?  Is there plenty of work?  Lots of ESLs? Percentage of VR to straight typing?  I'll be talking to the recruiter in a couple of days.  Thanks for your help! ...

Transtech - The New Oncology Account?
Aug 15, 2010

Just curious how the new oncology account is going at Transtech that started this past week or so.  I worked on this account for the previous service and cannot imagine the work being done with voice rec.  This large facility was loaded with terrible dictators, highly specialized terminology, and individual physicians with their own preferred specifications, let alone the account had detailed and constantly changing specs.  ...

TransTech (oncology Account(s)
Aug 10, 2011

Could anyone who works on the oncology account(s) at TT please share their experience.  Is there enough work?  How are you treated?  Is their platform(s) for both straight transcription and VR good enough to produce the required lines count(s)?  I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you. ...

TransTech Oncology - No Work
Mar 14, 2013

I have been running out of work all week at TransTech.  I guess they hired more people.  I'm beginning to really dislike my job! ...

TransTech Oncology Jobs
May 22, 2013

Anyone with knowledge regarding the oncology jobs that TT has posted on the job board?  Is there enough work?  If so, is it mostly VR?  How are they to work for?  It is really difficult to find companies that will let you do only hem/onc or rad/onc and that is really what I want.  Do you know what platform is used?  Thank you for taking the time to reply.  Would like to hear anything at all you have to say about this company.  Thanks again. ...

TransTech Big Oncology Account
Jul 23, 2013

I have never seen so many IDIOT , native English speaking, dictators in one group before.  Never mind all the E4L (skip 2nd language , these ar 4th at best) dictators who mumble and muddle through.  DRIVES ME INSANE. Never mind it is supposedly oncology. .  well........ the greatest majority of the reports are acute care notes Never mind the Fluency platform..  It is right down there with Meditech and even worse than the old WP51 used to be.  Like rates aren't l ...

TransTech Oncology Recruiting
Feb 06, 2014

Anyone currently on the oncology account that TransTech is recruiting for? How are you doing so far? I am scheduled to interview. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience. ...

TransTech Medical Solutions ~ Oncology
Jun 26, 2014

I know there has been a huge amount of info posted on this company, but I have a specific question. I see they are hiring, once again, for oncology MTs, but my question is this...They want oncology experience with acute care, so do they put you on an oncology account and acute care accounts or what? I have never done acute care, but have over 22+ years in medical and radiation oncology, so I'm wondering whether I should even bother applying with them since I don't do acute care? And se ...

TransTech Oncology - Sitting And Waiting For Work To Come In For Weeks
Jan 05, 2013

I am an oncology MT with TransTech and have been sitting and waiting for work to come in for weeks.   In the last 2 weeks, I have had about 16 hours worth of work.  I'm worrying about how I am going to pay my bills.  Then I come to this site and see that TransTech is once again advertising for Oncology MTs.  This makes me SO ANGRY!!!  Why would a company do this?  Why advertise jobs when their current employees have no work at all??   ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Another One On Oncology
Mar 24, 2010

patient is going to be treated with "carbotaxol" plus radiation? Does that sound like a drug or is it possibly 2 separate drugs? I know that Taxol is a medication. thanks again ...

What's Wrong With Me??
May 12, 2010

I just got offered a new job with a local transcription company. I'll be making more money, no set hours, get the work done when I want to get it done as long as it is done by the next day.  The interviewer actually looked at me confused saying "if you are getting paid by productivity, why do you have set hours to work?" I had no answer.....anyhoo, the only draw back is that I have to purchase my own equipment....why am I still hesitant to leave MQ? My only explanation I have is after ...

Here's How I Know Something Is Wrong......
Oct 06, 2010

Okay, so I finally actually got an hour's worth of my "primary" - an account I know like the back of my hand....In the past, I KNOW after working so many years on this account almost EXACTLY how  much I can make in 1 full hour of working nonstop, no interruptions, etc.... So, I did the same hour, same account, and in the past I made about 10 bux more per hour doing this same work.  So something is fishy.  It can't be ALL because of the new DQS 6.1 issues.......I can ...

What Did I Do Wrong?
Dec 19, 2010

I am a new grad and had a phone screen with MedQuist last week. They seemed all gung-ho about hiring me until the phone screen. After that I got an email that said my background did not match their needs. I'm wondering what I did to change things. The only thing I can think of is that I said part time. Maybe they wanted me to say full time??? I am really in need of a job-any job. I was thinking they were going to be my best luck. Now I'm really worried I won't find anything soon ...

What Is Wrong With Me
Jul 09, 2011

I really need feedback on this.  I have been an MT for over 25 years.  I am still pretty young (middle age).  I have nothing wrong with me physically or mentally. Yet, I hate my job!  I have a job with a bigger MTSO, but I am getting less and less in my pay b/c my main account runs out of work often and I get the secondary which is not easy on demographics, and has bad dictators.  This is a job which is an employee job and it looks like my pay is decreasing weekly a ...

I Was So Wrong
Aug 12, 2011

Months ago when I first started researching this line of work I found myself on this forum, and a few others, and I was somewhat put off by the widely negative view of the profession. There was so much complaining about how difficult it was, how meager the compensation is, etc. I thought so many of you were just being pessimistic- to put it politely. I thought to myself, "It's just sitting here typing all day. I do that already! How cool would it be to get payed for it!" And today? Today I ...

Maybe Im Doing Something Wrong,,,am I The Only One?
Nov 20, 2011

OK..So a doctor dictates something, usually it is initials for something like I just had OU tele unit,,what the heck is that??  So me I go searching because I always like to verify things I know I heard them say but personally have never heard of it..That goes for everything drug names, conditions, etc.  Should I just be typing exactly what they say and to heck with it if it is wrong?  Kind of like one boss from an old company said garbage in garbage out??  Im a perfectionist ...

Does This Seem Wrong To You?
Dec 13, 2011

I am currently per-diem with a company that requires per-diems to work 2 holidays a year and we have to phone in to beg for work (0.7 cpl) BUT we are not included in any bonuses or the holiday gift card because we are only per-diems.  We make money for the company and are reimbursed at a pauper's rate with no other benefits but we aren't even included in a tiny holiday gift card.  Feels like a huge slap in the face.  Is it even legal to require a "per-diem" with no guara ...

This Is Just Wrong
Dec 13, 2011

So, I lost my job. First, they went AWOL for 4 work days. I sat at my computer for 8 hours every one of those days, no work, nobody answering me. Finally, they called and said they were terminating employment due to "low line counts".   I found that funny since my line counts improved since the first month of employment, and at my lowest line count during that time, they gave me a raise and said how great I was doing. It was only after I told them to pay me minimum wage that they suddenly ...

I Am NOT WRONG
Mar 01, 2012

First of all, at least 95% of the management that runs KS is ALL family. For being there 9 years, you better check more of your facts, as I know for a fact that there are cousins, nieces, sister-in-law, sisters, brother-in-law, just off the top of my head. If you knew what you were looking for, you CAN find out how much they make. Maybe you should try polishing up your research skills. You can say what you want, but I know better. People can choose to believe me or not believe me; that ...

ENT ONCOLOGY HELP
Jun 28, 2012

The patient has dysphagia and is experiencing what sounds like "cough after dequoatation."  Can't seem to find another term for swallowing like DEQUOTATION (SP???)  Any suggestions appreciated?  ...

This Is So Wrong.
Apr 04, 2013

Instead of asking the part-timers if they would like to be full-time, they fire them?  Yet, there are still openings for new hires?  There is nothing about this that has the ring of truth.   My sympathies to all of you today.   ...

What Am I Doing Wrong?
Dec 28, 2013

Hello, Let me start by telling my fellow MTs what I am doing. Please point me in right direction, because I can't figure out where I have gone wrong. My job is ending as the small company I work for doesn't have enough work.  I don't have unemployment as a backup since I have been subcontracting clinic work for the past 4 years. This has been my only MT job. I am limited on what I have applied for because I have no acute care experience, only clinic transcription.  I ...

How Can MM ASR Be So Wrong?!!?
May 30, 2014

Dictated: Positive diarrhea. Ouptut: No constipation. Huh???? It already can't get preoperative ands postoperative diagnosis correct, and number recognition is worse than ever. What the heck?? Of course, add to that the added text that was never dictated, the omission of clearly spoken text and making headings randomly. And supposedly the software will learn "if we all get on the same page" (to quote a certain QAM). A mantra that wants to make me scream as the proof tha ...

What's Wrong With TTS?
Oct 06, 2014

All the complaints and dislikes for TTS?  I honestly want to know as I am considering applying with them.  For those of you who like it there can you tell me what it is you like about it?  What's the pay like, workload etc.  Are they flexible with scheduling?  What are the benefits like?  Are benefits affordable?   Thanks! ...

TTS Oncology Job
Jan 14, 2015

I'm considering a job offer from TTS for the new oncology account they are hiring for now since that's my love. Anyone have feedback on this company?  They sound good! ...

Oncology
Jan 30, 2015

Hi, Doctor spells "CBoorD" regimen.  The patient has IgA kappa multiple myeloma. Any ideas?    ...

Hematology/oncology
Oct 16, 2009

I have never done a report like this before so I have no idea how to even begin formatting this or even what this means.  Please help!  Any explanation would be awesome as well. Dictated:  ASSESSMENT:  1. Day +639 following HLA identical donor allergeneic BMT for AMA in relapse in apparent complete continuous remission.  ...