A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Re: TransTech applicationOn my TransTech application should I fill in favorite work types & fav - dm

Posted: Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any?

TransTech Appl - Good luck -- be better off NOT to put any favorite

[ In Reply To ..]
If you do, and get the work types you love -- you will be a "fav" of someone at TT, because we are ALL supposed to get jobs downloaded to us as oldest and highest priority (of course, priority of jobs can be changed in the flip of a coin by those who have authority to do so . . . leads, etc.) TT's work is now 95% to 99% VR editing at LOW line rate and stumbling, fumbling, eating, talking ESL dictators. Very difficult to make a decent paycheck anymore. However, I would imagine that all MTSO's are the same, so . . . When I was hired on a few years ago, I was quoted by HR that there was only 35% ESL's -- what a joke!!!!

Anyway, good luck with TT and VR.

I just wish TT would quit hiring so that we "old faithful MT's" could get some of the "better" dictators -- but those are "tossed" to the new MT's, and that has been a constant for the past year. The faithful MT's get the trash that they do not want the new MT to know about right off the bat!

You will really enjoy TT and doing your fav work types!

Any other opinions? - dm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would really appreciate any other opinions. They have this on the application and I don't know whether to respond to it or not. It's not a required field.

See message - TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
I was asked that both on the application and during the phone interview and I answered honestly and named my favorite specialty. As it turns out, they had a huge account in that particular specialty and I was placed there. I was not "spoon fed" easy dictators and, after 2 years on that same account, am still not "favored" or "spoon fed" anything. I do each and every dictator, whether a substandard dictator, a barely-intelligible ESL, or a great dictator. The platform automatically prioritizes the jobs appropriately and I receive what I receive in the order of priority. About 50% of the dictators suck and about 40% are good; maybe 10% are what I would term "great" dictators with minimal editing required.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for your positive post! I wish more people on here would be positive.nm - dee

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

How Do You Fill Out An Application For DTS (digital Transcription Services)
Jun 14, 2011

How do you fill out an application for Digital Transcription Services? I've been over their website and only found career opportunities but nothing about the application. ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...

Last Day At TransTech
Jul 31, 2012

I've been with TT for about 6 years but was recently offered an in house job at 4x the pay and really great benefits. I have to say I really enjoyed working for TT other than the times of low volume and I would recommend them. Things have changed for me and I can't turn down this opportunity but I do wish them well. ...

Transtech ?
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone know if they hire part time?  I know I have seen comments about them running out of work, but that seems to be a common thing among most of the companies anymore.  ...

Anyone Know Anything About TransTech?
Mar 18, 2013

I was recently hired by Transtech, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?  I was very excited to get a job offer, but was a little nervous when the recruiter started explaining what to do when work was slow or there was no work.  AT 4.5 cpl for VR, the last thing I need is long periods of no work.  Anyone with experience with them? ...

All Right How About TransTech
Jul 10, 2013

I have got to find something new and unfortunately have to go with a company who hires employees/has benefits. ...

TransTech Changes?
Sep 30, 2014

I am no longer working for TransTech but just wondering if there have been any changes since merger yet?  Any anticipated?   I maybe should not have quit so soon....any suggestions?  ...

Transtech
Oct 07, 2014

Wondering if anyone knows anything about or has worked for a company called Transtech? Thanks in advance! ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...

Axolotl Or Transtech
Oct 31, 2009

Could somebody give me some info on these two companies, i.e., pay, benefits, work flow steadiness, management, etc.?  Thank's in advance! ...

Transtech - Any Bad Or Good?
Nov 19, 2009

what is transtech like? any bad or good? ...

Question For Any Transtech-ers Out There
Jan 06, 2010

Just out of curiosity, are any of you who have been switched to much more VR than traditional (at the halved pay rate) actually making as much or more than you did before? ...

Anyone From TransTech Received A W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know How Much Cobra Is For Transtech?
Jan 29, 2010

nm ...

How Are Things At Transtech?
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have current information on the working conditions at Transtech?  Is their insurance okay?  Do they have enough work? ...

What VR Platform Does TransTech Use?
Feb 19, 2010

nm ...

Transtech - Still Low To No Work?
Mar 21, 2010

at Transtech, still low to no work or what? ...

How Is Workload At TransTech?
Apr 07, 2010

Considering applying there if there is enough work?! ...

TransTech Hiring?
Apr 13, 2010

Can you believe this?  What about the MTs they have that have little to no work? ...

TransTech Hiring ????
Apr 21, 2010

I am surprised to see the job ad for TransTech on the Job Board here...I thought they didn't have enough work.  There are two ads actually, one for acute care, the other for oncology.  Does anyone out there work on the oncology account and is there enough work.  What is their cpl rate for someone who has 12 years experience in oncology.  Also, what platform do they use?  Thanks for your help. ...

TransTech MTs On New Account
May 08, 2010

You know, the one that started just a couple of weeks ago or so. Just wondering how it is.  Dictators good? ...