A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transtech - the new oncology account? - MTforever

Posted: Aug 15, 2010

Just curious how the new oncology account is going at Transtech that started this past week or so.  I worked on this account for the previous service and cannot imagine the work being done with voice rec.  This large facility was loaded with terrible dictators, highly specialized terminology, and individual physicians with their own preferred specifications, let alone the account had detailed and constantly changing specs. 

where did the responses to this post go?(nm) - MTforever

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

New account - I worked for the other place

[ In Reply To ..]
I also worked for the other company doing the new oncology account at TT. I am now working for TT and so far so good. They did not get the account and just move it directly over to SR. It is being done in a gradual fashion after a dictator has done X amount of dictations. I have done a couple of dictators who are already in VR and actually it's not that bad. I've never done VR before and was not sure of how it was going to be. Everything is pretty much the same as far as do's and dont's for the account. Outside of learning a different program, everything is good. My line count is already back where it was before.

As far as dictators, minus maybe a handful of ESLs, I always thought the dictators on the account were actually pretty good. When I do come across someone I happen to find a little challenging, I just slow them down a little and they're easier.

If you want to feel anything, feel sick to know that TT did not get all of the worktypes. Focus got the clinic notes and 1 other worktype that I am drawing a blank on.

Thanks for info - MTforever

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad to hear you relocated and are still doing the same work so it's familiar for you. The first company who had this account, as you would know, had it for a very long time. I think the way they handled the situation with the MTs was inappropriate. I personally did not buy the reason for the account going to another MTSO. I don't believe it was weekend TAT. I think there was a lot of issues with quality, as well, which should have been handled on an individual basis so that those who transcribed better quality reports would still have that account to work on.

Not surprised this account went to more than one service.

Best wishes to you. Glad you are able to transition at TT.

Account Transition - new TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not believe it was the weekend TAT either. I have to agree on quality being a large part of the issue. Even now with less work available, did you see that 1 e-mail about using correct visit dates? Since it is IC work and I do not have a schedule, I am still on, but am taking a break. I always keep more than 1 place going just to cover my butt:) I'm somewhat worried, however, about the new account coming up in October. My worry is that if you have people who fudged on the account that was lost and now you have what seems like the same ones who cannot even do visit dates correctly, then who is to say that the same thing does not happen when the new account comes on in October? You know when you start new work it takes time just to learn the in's and out's of an account and how to do things how they want it. While I can do the best on my own, I cannot control what other people are doing and it may be what other people are doing in the wrong sense that can ultimately cause me to lose work.

All of this stuff with this account moving already was in the works beginning in January 2010, so in that respect the previous place had the account for quite a long while before it left.

about the company who had this account - NotNewMT
[ In Reply To ..]
January? I know things do not happen overnight, but how did I not catch on to this? I do not trust the old company (IntelliType/Lofin) to actually have another account in October. If they knew they were loosing this huge account, why weren't they actively looking for other accounts to fill the void? They had a huge amount of MTs on the account they lost (80-90). I suspect that IT is actively creating situations/pushing MTs to leave the company because there is not enough work.
Re: About the company who had this account - new TTer
[ In Reply To ..]
The talking part started in January and then later on, April if memory serves, was when the new place started doing some work, but only a very minimal amount, like 15 reports a day, which is a drop in the bucket with what the volume normally runs. I really do not think that the previous place knew about what was going on since it was such a minimal amount each day.

Do you think that the new account in October will be a no show? I'm busy with the new stuffs and I do have another place that I pull from that I have been doing work for. I knew that work would be a lot slower from the e-mail they sent out, so since at the time we had 3 weeks left still on the account at the other place, I took advantage of the time and found new work to fill in the coming gap.

I figured I could take a break on them for a bit until the new stuff started in October. I like having multiple places to pull from so in case something happens I'm always covered. Too I like money and it is not exactly a bad thing that these 2 places pay every other week, so every week I'm getting money from somewhere, which I like.

Are you getting the feeling that they want people to really just leave?
lack of work/attitude - NotNewMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Considering there is an extreme lack of communication compared to previously, no work available on remaining accounts/ secondary, reassignment of accounts, and some major attitudes towards the MTs going back a long time, yes that's the way I perceive things. I wouldn't sit around and wait for a new account to come on board in Oct. Plus, how long can anyone survive on no work or minimal work for two or three months. As you mentioned, it seems like most MTs need to have more one job to make a living these days. Maybe jobs not related to MT at all!
Re: Lack of work/attitude - new TTer
[ In Reply To ..]
I always keep 2 places not just for money, but in case of situations like these where an account is lost. I already found new work, so I am not worried about having money coming in at all. That's why it's easy for me to say let's see what happens beginning October. As I see it, I'll take a break from them for now, focus on the other stuff I have going on, and when October comes if everything is a go, then I can always sign up to do 500 lines a day and then do it whenever in the day and have more money coming in. If it does not work out, then really I have not lost anything.

I have not been with the place we are talking about for quite a year, so I do not know what things were like in prior years. I did ask about the new account and if it was known what kind of work it would be. They only thing the account manager knew of at that time is that it will be medical records.

I figured that maybe they are reassigning accounts because maybe there are so many people hopping on their backups and not really doing a great job. I know from the one e-mail on one account that apparently people were not choosing the visit dates correctly and it was doing something to the billing for the facility, and in the reassigment of accounts e-mail it had that part towards the end about having to train before working on an account or you'll be removed from it. If you have enough people making silly errors and stuff, they'll lose that account and it is really going to ruin things for people like yourself and the other poster who seem to have been doing work for the place for a long while.

Golden Isles? NM - MT4alittlewhilelonger

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Out of Miami? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked on that one..and it just needs getting used to...but surely not sure about speech!! Eeeck!!

Similar Messages:

TransTech (oncology Account(s)
Aug 10, 2011

Could anyone who works on the oncology account(s) at TT please share their experience.  Is there enough work?  How are you treated?  Is their platform(s) for both straight transcription and VR good enough to produce the required lines count(s)?  I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you. ...

TransTech Big Oncology Account
Jul 23, 2013

I have never seen so many IDIOT , native English speaking, dictators in one group before.  Never mind all the E4L (skip 2nd language , these ar 4th at best) dictators who mumble and muddle through.  DRIVES ME INSANE. Never mind it is supposedly oncology. .  well........ the greatest majority of the reports are acute care notes Never mind the Fluency platform..  It is right down there with Meditech and even worse than the old WP51 used to be.  Like rates aren't l ...

TransTech Oncology MTs
Oct 04, 2012

I've read the most recent comments on TransTech, but would like to hear from someone who currently works for them doing Oncology transcription preferably (although any other MTs who currently work for them feel free to reply as well). They are currently advertising for Oncology MTs so can anyone tell me: 1) Is there always enough work to stay busy and are the doctors decent dictators or lots of ESLs?  2) How is the cpl rate?  3) Are you an IC or an employee with this company?&nbs ...

TransTech Oncology
Aug 20, 2014

Does anyone currently work for TransTech on their medical oncolgy account that can give me some information? They are currently hiring, but I would like to know if this is mostly VR or straight typing or a combination of both, if the pay is good, is there always work, etc? I'm so tired of jobs that have no work after the first few weeks, so I would like some info before I apply please. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much! ...

TransTech Oncology - 2nd Shift?
Apr 20, 2010

I recently applied with TransTech for a part-time Oncology position and was made an offer.  Anyone here work for TT doing oncology?  Is there plenty of work?  Lots of ESLs? Percentage of VR to straight typing?  I'll be talking to the recruiter in a couple of days.  Thanks for your help! ...

TransTech Oncology - No Work
Mar 14, 2013

I have been running out of work all week at TransTech.  I guess they hired more people.  I'm beginning to really dislike my job! ...

TransTech Oncology Jobs
May 22, 2013

Anyone with knowledge regarding the oncology jobs that TT has posted on the job board?  Is there enough work?  If so, is it mostly VR?  How are they to work for?  It is really difficult to find companies that will let you do only hem/onc or rad/onc and that is really what I want.  Do you know what platform is used?  Thank you for taking the time to reply.  Would like to hear anything at all you have to say about this company.  Thanks again. ...

What's Wrong With The Transtech Oncology
Sep 17, 2013

account that they are always hiring for it?  I used to work for them years ago, but left because there wasn't enough work.  Good place to work for, but lack of work won't pay the bills.  Just wondering if anything changed there.   ...

TransTech Oncology Recruiting
Feb 06, 2014

Anyone currently on the oncology account that TransTech is recruiting for? How are you doing so far? I am scheduled to interview. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience. ...

KS ONCOLOGY ACCOUNT
Feb 12, 2014

Yep, that KS account is gone! ...

TTS New Oncology Account
Jan 26, 2015

Hello...Can someone at least tell me what state this new oncology account is in? I fear it may be from a rather large state, close to water, and wonder if my friend's work is going to be siphoned to TTS. Tnx! ...

Oncology Account At TTS
Apr 15, 2015

Just wondering if there are any MTs out there who are working on this account for TTS.  Are you doing okay with production?  How are the dictators?  Interested in anything you care to share.  Please don't start the general TTS bashing/defending on this thread.  I am only interested in answers to my questions above and information about the account from MTs working on it.  Thanks in advance.  ...

TransTech Medical Solutions ~ Oncology
Jun 26, 2014

I know there has been a huge amount of info posted on this company, but I have a specific question. I see they are hiring, once again, for oncology MTs, but my question is this...They want oncology experience with acute care, so do they put you on an oncology account and acute care accounts or what? I have never done acute care, but have over 22+ years in medical and radiation oncology, so I'm wondering whether I should even bother applying with them since I don't do acute care? And se ...

MDIT For The Job(s) On The Oncology Account
Nov 21, 2011

If you applied at MDIT for the job(s) on the oncology account last week, have you heard back?  I did apply and haven't heard back.  I would assume they have been inundated with applicants.  Thanks for sharing. ...

Keystrokes Oncology Account
Feb 07, 2014

Has anyone been notified this week that the oncology account at Keystrokes will no longer have any work because the physicians on that account will now be doing their own transcription using Dragon? ...

Work On The Landmark Oncology Account?
Apr 12, 2012

I had a message on my voicemail last night from Landmark offering me a job on their Oncology account. Is anyone currently working on this account, if so, has there been plenty of work, or have you been running out? I have noticed quite a few post lately about them running out of work. Just want to know what I am getting into before I return their call. Thanks so much! ...

TransTech Oncology - Sitting And Waiting For Work To Come In For Weeks
Jan 05, 2013

I am an oncology MT with TransTech and have been sitting and waiting for work to come in for weeks.   In the last 2 weeks, I have had about 16 hours worth of work.  I'm worrying about how I am going to pay my bills.  Then I come to this site and see that TransTech is once again advertising for Oncology MTs.  This makes me SO ANGRY!!!  Why would a company do this?  Why advertise jobs when their current employees have no work at all??   ...

Preferred Transcription In Pennsylvania Oncology Account?
Oct 03, 2011

Has anyone worked for Preferred on an oncology account?  If so, could you share your experience, please.  Looking for info on quantity of work, platform, ESL dicatators.  Is the account both straight and VR?  Flexible schedule?  Do they pay for spaces?  Thanks for your help. ...

Landmark Is Hiring For A Bayscribe Oncology Account
May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job! ...

Command Health - Interview With Them Today For An SR Oncology Account
Jan 08, 2014

I have an interview with them today for an SR Oncology account. Can anyone tell me how their SR platform is? ...

TransTech MTs On New Account
May 08, 2010

You know, the one that started just a couple of weeks ago or so. Just wondering how it is.  Dictators good? ...

Account That TransTech/Imedx Just Lost
Dec 09, 2014

We were told it went to a competitor and that the client just decided to move in a different direction.  Can anyone verify this to be truth?  Or did it really go to India and we are just being told it went to a competitor.  Also, does anyone know how many MTs are going to have to be dispersed amongst other primary accounts? ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Another One On Oncology
Mar 24, 2010

patient is going to be treated with "carbotaxol" plus radiation? Does that sound like a drug or is it possibly 2 separate drugs? I know that Taxol is a medication. thanks again ...

ENT ONCOLOGY HELP
Jun 28, 2012

The patient has dysphagia and is experiencing what sounds like "cough after dequoatation."  Can't seem to find another term for swallowing like DEQUOTATION (SP???)  Any suggestions appreciated?  ...

TTS Oncology Job
Jan 14, 2015

I'm considering a job offer from TTS for the new oncology account they are hiring for now since that's my love. Anyone have feedback on this company?  They sound good! ...

Oncology
Jan 30, 2015

Hi, Doctor spells "CBoorD" regimen.  The patient has IgA kappa multiple myeloma. Any ideas?    ...

Hematology/oncology
Oct 16, 2009

I have never done a report like this before so I have no idea how to even begin formatting this or even what this means.  Please help!  Any explanation would be awesome as well. Dictated:  ASSESSMENT:  1. Day +639 following HLA identical donor allergeneic BMT for AMA in relapse in apparent complete continuous remission.  ...

Oncology Typists
Feb 26, 2010

Our hospital does not accept abbreviations for oncology medications.  So, for R-CHOP we have to type - R = Rituximab C = Cyclophosphamide H = Doxorubicin Hydrochloride (Hydroxydaunomycin) O = Vincristine Sulfate (Oncovin) P = Prednisone Not in a format like that, but I didn't want to type them all out.  We would have to type those five drugs out.  Is this the standard for anyone else? ...