A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can you use satellite with Transtech Medical ? - sm - SatMT

Posted: Sep 17, 2012

Was thinking of applying, really don't want to go thru all the time and trouble if they say, sorry no satellite.  Also what platform(s) do they use, etc.  Thanks!  Smile

My experience - TT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had satellite and it worked fine. I worked on eScription platform, but they (I believe) have other platforms. I would most definitely ask the recruiter if it is going to be compatible. Don't trust anyone simply b/c we don't know for sure!

Similar Messages:

TransTech Medical Insurance
Sep 29, 2010

Could someone please share what medical insurance company TransTech insures with?  Thanks. ...

TransTech Medical - All Positions Filled?
Mar 11, 2012

Got an e-mail from TransTech that the positions for the rad MT job posting on the Job Seeker's Board dated 3/6/2012 are filled, however, the posting is still listed here, so not sure what the real deal is.   I'm sure someone from their company will see this post then remove the ad.  But, I do wonder if they just don't want to hire and pay a good line rate for an experienced MT.  If anyone else applied for this posting, did you also receive that e-mail? ...

Any Info Out There On TransTech Medical Solutions?
May 13, 2012

Hello, I'm considering testing for TransTech Medical Solutions out of Houston, Texas. Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?  Thank you! ...

TransTech Medical Solutions Radiology
Mar 27, 2013

Can someone share what is the going rate this company is paying for radiology? I don't want to spend time applying just to find out the rate is low. Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Transtech Medical Solutions
Dec 27, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of Transtech Medical Solutions- any good or bad info appreciated.  ...

Info On TransTech Medical Solutions
Jun 11, 2014

Can anyone give me info, good or bad, on TransTech Medical Solutions from Houston, Texas? I just took their test and hope to hear from them soon. Do they run out of work? Pay rate? Anything else? Thanks for any info you can give. ...

TransTech Medical Solutions ~ Oncology
Jun 26, 2014

I know there has been a huge amount of info posted on this company, but I have a specific question. I see they are hiring, once again, for oncology MTs, but my question is this...They want oncology experience with acute care, so do they put you on an oncology account and acute care accounts or what? I have never done acute care, but have over 22+ years in medical and radiation oncology, so I'm wondering whether I should even bother applying with them since I don't do acute care? And se ...

Transtech Medical Solutions - Anyone Else Get Their Checks Today?
Dec 14, 2012

My check was not direct deposited today as it normally is. This is the first time this has occurred since working for this company.  Did anyone else get their checks today? ...

Command Health Vs TransTech Medical Solutions
Jan 05, 2014

Can anyone who works at either of these places give me more info on them? I need to know which one to go with... Both have Oncology openings, so it would be for those accounts. I'd like to earn more this year with a better company than the lousy 15K I just earned this year. The company I'm with now is nice and has treated me well in all aspects, but the low pay isn't working out for me. I'd like to know things about these companies such as pay, line requirements, straight ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Satellite?
Apr 27, 2010

Will someone tell me if Medquist currently accepts satellite internet connection?  I cannot locate this information at their website.  ...

Help With Satellite And VPN
Jul 20, 2010

Recently moved have Hughesnet and really struggling with download speed of voice files through vpn.  We did upgrade one level to their 1 mbps speed but took over 8 minutes to download a 4 minute voice file.  Kind of difficult to make any $ when half of the day is consumed waiting for downloads.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to help out?...  Does Verizon wireless card provide a better option?  Any help or ideas would be much appreciated! ...

Satellite
Dec 30, 2010

What companies accept satellite internet? ...

What About Satellite???
Jan 24, 2012

Since I live in the mountains, I now have to use satellite internet and find that lots of companies will not go for this. Does anybody know which companies use satellite or are not too picky about this? It is hard enough trying to find a job lately, but then it seems like satellite is just another obstacle to put up with. Thanks for any info -- appreciate it. ...

Satellite Connection
Feb 15, 2011

I am about to be moving out in the boonies and was wondering what companies allow you to work with satellite Like WildBlue, Hughes or dial-up.  ...

Satellite Internet
Nov 13, 2011

Any companies that alloow satellite internet? There is no DSL or cable internet available at my new address. The only thing available is satellite. Right now, I'm having to go to my mother's to work so I really am considering trying to find a company that will allow satellite internet. ...

How Does A Company Know If You Use Satellite
Nov 22, 2011

Many companies specify no satellite. Is this uncompatible with their system or do they just prefer no satellite so say no satellite? I mean how do they really know or not if you have it? Have you thought of that. I mean some companies that use Escription say you can use satellite and some say no you can't. If they are using the same platform how can it work with one company and not the other? ...

For Those Of You Who Use Satellite Internet...
Dec 06, 2011

What about the download limits they all seem to place on sat internet service.  Do you exceed these limits using it for working?  ...

Companies That Use Satellite
Sep 25, 2012

Are there any companies that you can use satellite instead of DSL?  I am considering moving pretty far out that does not offer DSL.  I REALLY love the jobs I have, but I remember when hired they said no satellite.  Does anyone even know why this is?  Will the programs not work with satellite or is it just some kind of privacy policy and would they find out if I just switched to satellite when I moved and didn't say anything? ...

Satellite Providers
Nov 06, 2014

I posted this on the main board and no one replied, so I figured maybe it should have been posted here on the Tech Help. I currently use Starband, an older satellite provider. Where I live no DSL, cable or cell phone signal. Starband just raised my monthly rate, so I am looking into switching. I have Dish TV and see that they have internet satellite, but I don't know anyone who has this. I have been doing transcription from home for 18 years and have used Starband since then. I was wonderi ...

Wireless Versus Satellite??
Nov 27, 2009

I currently have satellite (had dial-up before that) and I notice most companies want high speed internet and will not accept satellite.  What about wireless...anyone have an idea how widely this is used as far as MT work IF it it used at all?  Thanks. ...

Which Companies Let You Use Satellite Internet?
Dec 18, 2009

Does anyone have a list? I know more of them do NOT let you use satellite. ...

Any Companies Out There That Accept Satellite 'net?
Mar 23, 2010

I'm in a rural area in the Midwest and currently have satellite Internet.  Seems like all the services are requiring DSL, which isn't available here.  I don't even know if wireless is an option.  Anyone know of service(s) needing experienced (20+ years) MTs?  Keep in mind, though, that I do want to be paid for the work.  :o)  I currently work as an IC and prefer no specified schedule so that I am able to work around my family members' m ...

Satellite, DSL, Dial Up And Bayscribe
Apr 13, 2010

Does anyone use something other than broadband with Bayscribe and how does it work for you? ...

MQ Employee Who Has Dial Up And Needs To Know If Any Other MQ MTs Are Using Satellite?
Sep 10, 2010

Even though I was told by my CCM she has sympathy for my plight I am required to download 6.1.  Okay, I had to take my puter to parents to get the tutorial.  I don't have a problem taking the CPU over there to get the 6.1 upgrade (downgrade if I see correctly by others).   I have dial up and cannot get DSL.   I have been with this company for 17 years.  I am not an overt cheerleader, but I need my job and cannot go outside my home.   Someone ment ...

Escription Work With Satellite?
Oct 25, 2010

any help on this? ...

Question About Platforms With Satellite
Nov 03, 2010

There seem to be a lot of companies that say no dial-up or satellite.  BUT I've heard from other MTs that use the same platform for another company on satellite and it's fine.  Escription is one example.  Can anyone tell me why that might be?  I have only satellite and am very limited on who I can work from. It's way beyond frustrating when I've been refused application on multiple positions on a certain platform 'because it doesn't work with sa ...

Response To Blondie Re Satellite
Mar 31, 2012

Blondie, Opti-Script does allow satellite.  They have a few openings on the Job Board right now and although it does not say that in their ads, when you go to their website it says satellite allowed but not preferred.  Also Precyse allows satellite but I do not recommend that company.  But maybe that's just me!  Good luck! ...

Laid Off By Nuance Due To Satellite Only.
May 09, 2012

I have heard that their transcription and editing platforms -- Escription will work with satellite internet.  I know I am not the only one who could no longer work at Nuance due to only having satellite internet.  I was working for awhile at my daughter's home, but that did not work out too well due to house overrun by all the kids and their friends.  If I could have had my own private office, I would have stayed there to work.   Anyway that is all beside the point ...