A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QMedet Solutions - Has anyone taken their test - star

Posted: Jun 13, 2014

Has anyone taken their test and if so how long did it take to get your results back? 

I sent their test back to them and refused to participate - terrible test = terrible company

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Bad! - Disappointed MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I took their long, long test, passed, was sent all the paperwork and information I needed to start. I told them the days and hours I preferred to work, which were day time hours. They assigned me to a weekend and night time account! Told them that wouldn't work for me. Got another account. The next step was to set up a phone interview with my supervisor to go over all specs, etc. Sent her 2 emails, she said she never got the last one. I asked when we could set up my phone interview ~ Never heard back from her again! That was 2 weeks ago! And this is professional? I don't think so! Not the right place for me!!

Judging QMed by its test would be a mistake - LifePostNuance

[ In Reply To ..]
The test is rather involved and is not the cookie-cutter test that most of the other nationals are using. I'm very glad I took the time to go through with their test. They state up front that they are assessing one's ability to follow instructions. They are not only looking at medical, grammatical, and general MT knowledge but also the MT's ability to apply directions and communicate. Now that I've worked for them for several weeks, I understand why. They do not hand-hold, and if you're unable to learn the platform and account instructions mainly on your own with coaching from (very fair, helpful) QA, then you would be frustrated. I appreciate this aspect of the company because it equates to being left alone to work.

To answer the OP's question, it took about 4 days to hear back from them about test results, 3 days for job offer via conference call, and I started about 10 days after that because I was mulling 2 other job offers. I actually could have started the on-boarding process and working the day of the conference call, but I wanted to be sure I was covering my bases with the 2 other job offers.

Best of luck.

LPn

Sorry you felt that way. - star

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't feel that the test was terrible at all and in have read great reviews of the company from those who have ACTUALLY worked there.

Let me tell you my experience - Wicker

[ In Reply To ..]
It took a long time to complete the test (about 3 hours if I recall). Shall I say it was nothing any MT would want to go through? Trick questions, as well. However, I completed it, and the next day was told I had passed it. I was given all the materials for "training," was told I would report to 2 folks.

As I was going through the process of "training," reading step by step the instructions, which as someone said they wanted to know if you could follow instructions, nothing was working for me, nothing, especially the ShadowScribe portion. No pop-up windows, no nothing. I sent two emails to the 2 people I was to report to asking if I actually had the capability of using ShadowScribe because when I logged into Emdat not being in training mode, I had no ShadowScribe on the task bar as their instructions showed. Never heard from anyone. Well, 2 days before I was to begin working, I get an email from someone introducing herself, name I had never heard, stating that by now I should have done so and so, etc. Guess I was now going to report to 3 people. However, within this email (obviously a blanket one) was that you had to have Internet Explorer 10 to work. That was a problem for me because I am at IE 8 for a reason and that is because the small account I transcribe for has to be at IE8 for their VPN because it does not support IE10 with all the associated problems IE10 had for them. I needed to know that up front, yet no one, no one told me or even asked what version of Internet Explorer I was using. Could have saved myself a lot of headache up front. I emailed the owner letting her know that the reason I had emailed both of my direct reports was because I felt that at least one of them would communicate with me. She apologized and stated that after all, it was Mother's Day weekend, except this was now Thursday. I'm a mother, too, but on Mother's Day afternoon, I was trying to do their training modules, and that was a joke. I quit before I started. When I quit, I received a note from the owner that in essence stated I had the wrong perspective. Yeah, now I caused the problem. Blame me now. Blame me for no response, blame me for no communication? I'd post the emails here but don't think that is allowed. Anyway, my last response to the owner was that when a man/woman points a finger at someone else, he/she should remember that four of his/her fingers are pointing at him/her. I might be working for that company today had it not been for the lack of communication, last of response even to screen prints provided them that I did not have all I needed to do their training. In all, a totally bad experience. I have no respect for any company who will not communicate with you. It forebodes poorly for the future on that company.

Exactly why I refused to take the test - and jump through their hoops

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad I followed my intuition and sent the test back. This test was not user friendly and after years of experience and currently doing production editing/transcribing at a very large company, why would I need to be tested in this manner. It would take hours to complete because of the way the company set it up.

Simply put the company did not show consideration for a person's time or experience with that test and I felt the same attitude would follow if I were to take a job with them.

Different Company - star

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm wondering if you are talking about a different company. The test I took was not hard at all and no trick questions. I have been emailing my questions to the HR lady and she is quick to reply every time. Sorry you had this experience.

I did not say the test was hard - Wicker

[ In Reply To ..]
it was the way the test was set up, the length of it because of the way it had to be done. I should not have said "trick" questions. I should have said less experienced MTs would be searching for something they could not find. As I passed the test, I know what I speak of but cannot be more specific since others will test with them in the future, I'm sure.

We are talking about the same company. The only HR lady I know of and dealt with is the owner, whose name begins with an L.

I am sorry I had this experience, too, and for anyone else who had a similar or worse experience. This company gets no high marks from me for good reason, especially when the owner wants to put blame on me for my interpretation of the FACTS with documentation to back it up. That is someone who will not admit to and never apologized for the fact that she didn't do the job and hold her people accountable for their lack of communication. She is entitled to her own opinion, but she is not entitled to the facts. Professionalism is not an adjective I would use regarding qmedet. We're talking about the same company, make no mistake about it.
Hmm. - star
[ In Reply To ..]
The HR lady that I have been in contact with is C. Doty. Maybe they have hired a new one since then and change their procedures. The test that I received was shorter than all of the ones I have taken. I have only been an MT since Feb 2012, and I had no problems answering the questions or findings the answers to the questions if I wasn't sure. As they state in their email, the test is to find out what your skills and knowledge is as an MT. Again, sorry you had that experience. This has not been my experience thus far, and the reason for my post as only to see how long it takes to get the results back generally. I will update my experience with the company should I choose to take a position with them if I am offered one.
Star, you cannot be talking - Wicker
[ In Reply To ..]
about the same company we are talking about unless they have changed their testing procedure, which would be a good thing. This test was long because of the way it had to be taken. One was clicking and moving around, moving screens in order to be able to see and answer the questions. It was plain nonsense. I have been an MT for 16 years. No MT, new as you or experienced, should ever have to test under the way they had their testing set up. It is totally unnecessary if a company wants to know if you are qualified to do the job.

I don't know of any C. Doty. I had no contact with any such person. I had contact with the owner, the gatekeeper it seems, involved in all aspects of the business. That is probably the problem. Maybe she did hire an HR person. That would be a good thing. It was stated their expected response date back to the MT after testing was in 4 to 5 days. I received a response the next day after testing.

That was my experience. I look forward to seeing what yours is. There is a cheerleader for the company here, LifePostNuance. You might want to ask if you could email her. Good luck. Remember this for the future. Everyone's experience is not the same for any company. There will be those who have a good experience and those who will have a bad experience. It's life.
Maybe, maybe not. - star
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure if we are speaking of the same company or not. Unless they have totally changed their test, it's not the same company. The company that I tested for sent me a list of 65 questions in a PDF file to be answered and then 7 dictations. All I had to do was copy the 65 questions and paste into Word then copy my answers and paste into an email. I just received the email saying that I passed and will be having a phone conference with the owner whose name does start with an L, last name A, but that is not who I have been talking to so if it is the same company, they hired an HR lady.
Starr, that would be - Wicker
[ In Reply To ..]
the same company. The owner's initials are LA. Yes, they have definitely changed their testing procedure. They needed to have changed it. Glad we got that cleared up. Good luck to you!
When did they change testing? I got the test from - Cheryl on May 27 in PDF
[ In Reply To ..]
where questions/answers could not be copied onto Word. That is the test I sent back and told Cheryl D. when they made the test user friendly I would be happy to take the test. She said no one had issues with the test before.
You are right.. - Wicker
[ In Reply To ..]
The .pdf was password protected, and you could not copy/paste into a Word document. From Starr's comments, it appears she was able to do that whereas I could not and you could not. That's why the test took so long. You practically had to stand on your head, clicking here and there, moving screens to see, etc. If they have changed the test, then is it plausible that others complained? You bet. Just saying.
and I would add - wicker
[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't work for them on a bet based on my experience whether they changed the testing or not.
How did you copy from a PDF file into Word? - I could not do it.
[ In Reply To ..]
?

To Wicker - Disappointed MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with what you said Wicker! I'm not saying they are a bad company because I don't know that, never got that far because of their lousy communication! If you cannot email me back and let me know what is going on, then I don't think you're a good company to work for! Communication is key in any job, but especially in transcription! I had no problem with the test other than it did take about 3 hours which I thought I was ridiculous considering I have 25+ years experience! My problem is that you don't have the courtesy to reply to my email and let me know what is going on after I have taken your 3 hour test, passed, read all the tons of instructions you sent me and jumped through all the hoops? Total waste of my time and totally unprofessional and inexcusable on the part of QMedet Solutions in my opinion.

Our posts just crossed - Wicker

[ In Reply To ..]
You are absolutely right! Communication is the key to any relationship, professional or personal. It told me that this company did not put a high value on the most necessary part of what we do, especially when we are new to the account. I don't want my hand held, don't need my hand held, and neither do you. We've been doing this work for a long time, you longer than I have. I don't understand what their point is in such testing methods. In this business, time is money, and to spend that amount of time testing for a company is a waste of time. I learned a lot from the experience. I take away from the experience next time from what you did. Send the test back and keep looking.
So True Wicker! - Disappointed MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I learned a lot from this experience as well. I think if they did put a high value on communication, they would not make you basically do your own training. I don't need my hand held after all these years, just as you don't either, but I do think it would behoove a company to personally make sure an MT is properly trained as opposed to leaving it up to the MT to read and decipher all that tons of stuff they send you! Some people are simply not good at that sort of training, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are not good MTs, so I bet this company loses out on a lot of good people training in this manner! That tells me a lot about how much time they are willing to invest in their MTs and apparently it's not much!
LOL, I don't think invest in an MT is part - Wicker
[ In Reply To ..]
of their agenda. It is get the bodies in there and let them sink or swim, and while at it, pay them little and pay them nothing at all for all their reading, studying, and self-training. The tons of stuff they send you to get through at least for me required that I go buy another ink cartridge! Do they reimburse you for that? Of course not. And then, let's not forget the account specifics as well. And, you are right. I guarantee you this company will lose out on a lot of good people training them this way.

Sure hope they got an HR person, as inferred by Starr, who is not tied to the apron strings of that owner and will bring some common sense to that organization. My opinion.
I could tell a lot about the company prior to taking - the convoluted test.
[ In Reply To ..]
The fact that the test was not user friendly showed me the attitude that have toward employees. I am glad I went no further with the testing. The attitude showed in what they expected me to do when they could have had a tech person fix the test instead of having future employees try to figure out how to take it in an efficient way and there was no efficient way.
QMedET - Lots of work
[ In Reply To ..]
Fine, don't take the test or the job . I will keep working there enjoying all the gwork you're missing out on. I love it there and have no problems. Stay where you are or go somewhere else. Fine with me. I love my pay checks .

Is QMedet Solutions Medquist or M-Modal? - I applied to M-Modal

[ In Reply To ..]
and got QMedet test.

Similar Messages:

I Have A Schedule To Test With QMedET Solutions
May 01, 2012

Thursday and I wonder if anyone here can help me.  What kind of platform do they use and do you need MS Word 2003? Thanks! ...

QMedET Solutions
May 19, 2013

Did anyone do the Go To Meeting with this company to learn about what they offer?  I would like to hear what they have to say and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to answer my post.  ...

Anyone Heard Of QMedET Solutions
Jan 15, 2013

Hi, has anyone heard of QMedET solutions and if so would you recommend this company?  Also would anyone recommend Nuance?  Thanks ...

QMedET Solutions Feedback
Sep 24, 2013

Anybody hired here recently willing to share their opinion of PATH and beyond?  Please provide as many details as you can, trying to decide.... ...

Any Information On QMedET Solutions?
Apr 30, 2014

Does anyone have any information on QMedET Solutions? ...

To LifePostNuance Re: QMedET Solutions
May 09, 2014

Would love to have an update on how things are going your second week with QMedET. I took the test, passed and am moving on to the next step. Tried to send you an email, but it would not go through. If you would rather email me to answer this question, please do. I'm very excited to move on to the next step with them! ...

QMedET Solutions: Need Current Feedback!
Aug 25, 2010

So, I'm an RMT with less than 1 year of experience under my belt...currently working as an IT on an account only paying .05 cpl and also another account paying .07 cpl.  Together, they comprise pretty much a full-time job for me. Meanwhile, I was just asked to test for QMedET Solutions and possibly join their "PATH" program for those new to their practices/platforms/etc. for .07 cpl.  Does anyone have any positive/negative feedback about the company, training program, accounts, ...

QMedET Solutions - Anyone Familiar With Above Company?
May 15, 2013

Anyone familiar with above company?  I received an e-mail from them to join a meeting online  for a Contractor Information Call.  I can't remember sending them an e-mail with my resume, but I have been sending so many I probably did.  Should I do this or not?  Your opinion, please.  Thank you. ...

QMedET Solutions - Training They Offer Through Their PATH Program?
Apr 27, 2012

Anyone applied to this company and gone through the training they offer through their PATH program?   Have  never encountered anything like this and was wondering if anyone could share information.   Sounds really time consuming.  ...

I Took A Test For Qmed ET Solutions
Jun 24, 2011

Dear Fellow Transcriptionists: I took the first part of the proofreading, grammer, punctuation and medical terminology for Q MedEt Solutions yesterday and think I did well, but when I tried to download the transcription files from Word to Express Scribe I could not do it because when I tried to drag the transcription from the file sent to me to the Express Scribe it would not let me. I am a person who learns auditory more than visual and I when I told the recruiter this and asked for her ph ...

Qmedet Took Over TCI
Feb 27, 2013

Qmedet took over TCI... what a shame. Nothing is the same the account managers ignore you when you have a question or an issue.  I would like to know more about Qmedet but I am unable to located information... anyone out there with info? Please share. Thanks. ...

Info On QMedET?
Mar 11, 2014

This sounds exactly what I am looking for  - IC with line quotas rather than set hours.  I wonder how they pay and how they are to work for... anyone?   ...

QMedET - Any Reviews?
Mar 28, 2014

HI!  Does anyone work for QMedET?  How are they to work for?  They have an ad on MTJobs and I was just curious about them.  Any info would be helpful.  Thank you!   ...

QMedET Still Posting
May 20, 2014

was thinking about applying.  Would like to get info from those who are working their, would anyone care to share.  TIA ...

Contact Information For QMedET?
Dec 22, 2010

Does anyone have the contact information for QMedET? ...

QMedET - Share Opinions
Jan 22, 2013

Anybody who works there care to share opinions on them, about how they treat you?  Thanks. ...

Anyone Have Info About QMedET To Share
Sep 17, 2013

I don't find anything in looking back a few weeks.  I know the platform, EMDAT Inscribe.  They pay 7 cpl during training and rates later depending on account.  Is there good work?  How much is VR editing?  Quality of VR reports prior to editing?  Thanks! ...

QMedet - Any Recent Information
Jan 14, 2014

Any recent information on this company?  Good, bad, ugly?  Just got offered a job and would like to know any information.  I hadn't heard of this company before applying. ...

Qmedet: The Only Person Happy Is Lifepostnuance
Aug 31, 2014

I was doing research in Qmedet and found that the only person who seems to cheer lead for them is Lifepostnuance. I have had a tough time connecting with them and they are wanting me to do a lot of testing. I also saw that the owner posts on here and I am beginning wonder if the owner is Lifepostnuance. My experience has been that they are slow to respond... Anyone have some suggestions if I should go forward with the process??? ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Q-Med ET Solutions
Oct 09, 2013

Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I am in the process of testing with them and just wondering if they have a majority of VR, if they hire only employees, etc., how much they pay.  If anybody could give me an idea about all of this I would appreciate it.  ...

MagnaDoc Solutions
Nov 14, 2009

Any information on this company? ...

Precyse Solutions...how Are They
Jan 19, 2010

Just curious as to how they are to work for, their pay, their reputation, etc.  Any info appreciated. ...

Premier Solutions
May 18, 2010

Has anyone that sent a resume into Premier Solutions received any feedback? I saw their same ad on another MT related board the same day it appeared on MTStars, and it was pulled within hours of posting on that particular board, which included their full address. I thought the reason for that was maybe a huge amount of resumes sent in such a short period of time. I sent my resume in via the other board and not MTStars. I was just curious, as this ad has a ton of views on MTStars, although wh ...

OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone heard about or work for OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)?  Any info would be appreciated! ...

Transcription Solutions LLC Of NC
Feb 03, 2011

Does anyone work for this company?  How do you like it?  Do you think the beginning hourly wage is fair?  Thanks for any input. ...