A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Knee test, sounds like "Simon's first test" - doublemom

Posted: May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Andrea

Knee test - Anake

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm drawing a blank on Simon, but I think the rest is probably stress test.

Simmonds'? - ser1983

[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing I can think of is the Simmonds' test or the Simmonds-Thompson test, but it's used for testing the Achilles tendon, not the knee.

Similar Messages:

Orthopedic Test For Knee
May 14, 2011

This is a _____ for an orthopedic test for the knee that i cannot find anywhere.  All help would be appreciated.   Doc says, "Anterior/posterior drawer negative, McMurray negative, _____ negative."  It sounds like fes-a-leese or at least fes---- something.  HELP!!!!! ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Has An **A1** Lachman's Test
Aug 14, 2011

x ...

Positive S/l FALACY Test For Knee - Meniscus Tear?? Maybe Hearing TH?
Apr 26, 2012

TIA! ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Was Unable To Tolerate A S/l **prone Bow** Or **val** Test.
Aug 28, 2011

x ...

Help! Pierre- (sounds Like Test Toot) Sign
Aug 11, 2010

Newby doctor saying "Pierre (Test toot) sign".   He is saying this in relation to an upper extremity examination.   "She has a positive Froment’s and Pierre-??? sign" Can anyone remind this old brain of the correct spelling?  Please. Thanks a million!   ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

The Patient Has A Negative "speciley" Test Of The Knee?? Anyone Know? Nm
Jan 30, 2015

nm ...

Upper And Lower Extremity Exam-sounds Like "crunch" Test?
Dec 12, 2009

upper and lower extremity exam-sounds like "crunch" test? ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Test Sounds Like "I PSA". ?
Jul 13, 2012

Doc says:  He was an initial T1c comma "eye PSA" 8.5 comma Gleason score 4 + 3 = 8 adenocarcinoma.    Because of definite comma placemet, he is putting it with PSA.  Couldn't be a "stage I" for I, because of comma placement.  Plus, he is a very specific/clear dictater.  Is there an IPSA?  Can't document. ...

A Lab Test That Sounds Like "NIF"?
Apr 29, 2015

Daily FVC, FEV1, and "NIF" were ordered. The initial "NIF" was -18 in the ED. Subsequent record reveals "NIF" -60. I cannot find a reference for "NIF". ...

Sounds Like Knee-v-eel
Mar 07, 2010

I made a longitudinal oriented incision and expressed some purulence out with pressure, cephalad and caudad, knee-v-eel, and lateral. The patient has a infected brown recluse bite on his anterior proximal lateral knee.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

Sounds Like......on MRI Of The Left Knee
Mar 27, 2012

The patient has sustained an acute, complete proximal anterior cruciate ligament tear with characteristic bone bruising involving the posterior medial and lateral tibial plateaus and anterolateral femoral condyle.  There is epithin impaction over the lateral femoral condyle, where there is mild depression of the subchondral plate and mild non-full-thickness chondral shearing.  (sounds like epifen or episen)   Any ideas?  Thank you in advance. ...

Sounds Like Giaphenoscopy For Knee Exam
Jun 12, 2012

TEXT: Examination of his left knee shows no knee joint effusion.  Good patellar tracking.  No localized tenderness to palpation.  No ligamentous instability.  Full extension and 30 degrees of flexion.  Firm end point with Lachman test.  He does have an approximately 4 x 3 cm mass at the medial aspect of the popliteal fossa.  There is no tenderness to palpation.  No redness or warmth.  __________ is positive consistent with fluid content.  There i ...

Knee Arthroscopy Sounds Like Surfak For This Instrument
Sep 20, 2013

Physician says what sounds like Surfak for this instrument, Using a medial portal, the _____ instrument was introduced into the medial compartment for synovectomy for chondroplasty of the medial compartment,  ...

Lab Test Name
Oct 22, 2009

Sounds like CCSR~sound familiar to anyone, because I can't confirm it and I have never heard of it. TIA! ...

S/l G-lie-a-test
Nov 08, 2009

This is in the patient's medication list. Doctor says "s/l g-lie-a-test as needed". The patient has severe dementia, hypertension, history of aggressive sexual behavior at nursing home and glaucoma.  His other medications include lorazepam and Xalatan drops. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

3T4 Test
Dec 16, 2009

Is that right, and is that how it should be typed out? thanks. ...

The CMT *test* Is Not To See How Much You Know, But
Mar 31, 2010

If any employer wants us to have that silly so-called "certification", they'll have to do a lot better than .05 cpl (or less) added to our pay for it.  Show us the MONEY first. ...

Lab Test Pro-on
May 25, 2010

Hi could somebody help me out with the lab test sounds like pro-one, but  I am unable to verify it on google. Is it Pro-1, pro-1, Pro-One or what? ...

Another Test
May 25, 2010

He was also negative for HIV s/l EFB.  ...

This Job Is A Test . . . It Is Only A Test
Jul 19, 2010

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!! ...

Anyone Taken The MME Test?
Sep 01, 2010

Just curious what I might be up against if I tried it.  I've done this for roughly 12 yrs but a friend (who has been at it longer than me) failed the first part. ...

Has Anyone Taken The MME Test
Oct 08, 2010

I am going to apply for MME, and I guess then you get an invitation to take the test.  Does anyone know about this test?  Do they expect you to proof the documents from begnning to end or just fill in blanks?  Any other information would be great as welll. ...

Lab Test Help, Please!
Nov 29, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a test that s/l antiglumera BMAB?  It comes at the end of a long list of rheumatologic lab tests. ...

Another Lab Test...
Nov 29, 2010

How about a CL1Q?  Again, it is at the end of a long list of rheumatology labs. ...

New CMT Test
Jan 12, 2011

Did anyone take the new beta CMT test and find out their results? There were techical problems with scoring or something?  We've been waiting weeks and weeks and were told we would get the results no later than today, and still haven't heard anything.  ...

Before I Test For MQ....
Mar 17, 2011

can anyone tell me if they allow Windows 7 and what type of internet connect they require.  I realize most people here will tell me not to work for them, but I need a job bad. Thanks ...