A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc) - MassMT

Posted: Oct 12, 2010

Anyone heard about or work for OSi (Outsourcing Solutions, Inc)?  Any info would be appreciated!

my opinion... - not impressed

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them briefly a few years back, and was fired while I was on PREAPPROVED vacation time. When I returned and talked to them, they apologized, but that showed me they were very organized and I decided not to stay.

They announced at AHIMA that they were acquired by Nuance. nm - TooTired

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Current OSi'er - MCS

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there 5 years, and I find it's a good company overall. Not sure what's going to happen with the new merger. The communication is good. Pay is fairly good - raises (teeny) every year. Good benefits. I get to stay on one account, but it's mostly VR. I have to struggle to make my line count lately. I'm interested to see what changes will be made with Nuance. I have enjoyed a good rapport with supervisors, and the company being family oriented, they're very understanding of time off when asked early enough or changing schedules. I've been content. I started off around 0.09 per line. Hope that helps.

Similar Messages:

Please - Outsourcing
Aug 08, 2013

If it wasn't for outsourcing, we wouldn't have jobs. The hospitals are outsourcing to us. There is a difference between "outsourcing" and "offshoring." ...

Outsourcing Backlash
Nov 02, 2009

Medical transcription is not the only thing being outsourced.....Lots of info to Google re Boston Hyatt Hotels replacing long time housekeeping staff with people the staff trained.  It seems that everying, from the governor's office down, is outraged and want the housekeepers reinstated.  Hospitality Staffing Solutions are paying the new workers $8 per hour and no benefits.  The original housekeepers were making $14-20/hour with benefits and pension.   ...

Outsourcing Fiasco -
Nov 24, 2009

Click on link.  UK patient medical records end up on black market. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221186/Private-medical-records-sale-Harley-Street-clinic-patients-files-outsourced-input--end-black-market.html#ixzz0UVTq0qNI ...

DSG/MedQuist/Outsourcing
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how closely affiliated DSG and MedQuist are, and if DSG outsources to India?  We all know MQ outsources, but I'm having trouble getting information. Thinking about working for DSG, but I don't want to go anywhere that has any affiliation whatsoever with MQ.  I've heard DSG uses MQ's software, just wondering how far they are in cahoots with the Q on other things, like outsourcing to India. ...

Outsourcing To India
Jun 15, 2010

On numerous occasions over the past year I was told by my CCM that the reason they are outsourcing to India is because there is a shortage of qualified MTs because the average age of an MT is 55 and they are starting to retired.  Like the infamous ***** and is ridiculous claim about 650 lph on ASR, that MTs have an IQ of about 6.    ***** Do not name/identify individuals.  Moderator ***** ...

NEW NBC SHOW ABOUT OUTSOURCING
Aug 31, 2010

I JUST WANT TO VENT.  I don't remember the exact name of this new NBC show making a comedy out of outsourcing - but I think we all need to find out who or where to write and tell them OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS IS NOT FUNNY!!  From what I gather from the ads the jobs go to India (I believe) and it's supposed to be so funny.  It's not freakin amusing in the least.  We aren't the only industry who have been royaly SCREWED by big companies.  T ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

Ever Wonder What Clients Would Think About Doing Their Own Outsourcing?
Oct 26, 2010

Just thinking out loud here.  I know many practices probably do their own outsourcing to MTs at home. Why not more?  It must be cheaper for them with higher quality work, personalized service, etc.  Some hospitals even hire MTs to work from home rather than use an MTSO. How can we, as the MT community, reach more clients/practices.  Surely they have a liason in the office who handles the direction of their transcribed reports, in-house editing; someone who could do ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Parable About Outsourcing
Jul 15, 2012

Just the link. ...

Transcription Outsourcing, LLC
Aug 13, 2012

Has anyone started working here on their radiology account?  Any information? ...

Coding Outsourcing
Sep 30, 2012

MTs come here for opinions on whether coding will go the way of transcription.   Many coders give their opinion.  Many feel safe, some don’t know, and many see many opportunities within the field to move about and are not worried.   There you have it.  Why argue?  The MTs argue that the coders are wrong and try to show that it will happen and is happening.  We gave our opinion, we know how we feel, and we are IN the field.  Are you trying to war ...

A Thought On Outsourcing
Dec 08, 2012

Just a thought...if they are going to outsource our US jobs to India, then give THEM the ESL dictators from India!!  I don't care for them. ...

Fatal Outsourcing.
Dec 15, 2012

See link.  http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/fatal_outsourcing_thomas_hospi.html ...

This Is What I Don't Understand About Outsourcing
Jan 07, 2013

How can medical records which are so closely guarded in this country be sent to another country for transcription.  I think that most patients would be against having their sensitive medical information going to another country.  It doesn't seem that Mmodal could even outsource.  Is it because the public doesn't know? ...

Taxed For Outsourcing
May 08, 2013

...to those stiff tax penalties Obama was supposed to levy against companies that outsourced jobs?  If he, in fact, kept his promise, it doesn't seem like Nuance is bothered by it at all. ...

Outsourcing Coders
May 24, 2013

With all of this outsourcing of MT/Editors, what does the future look like for medical coders?  I have heard that Nuance has developed software to "assist" the coder.  My concern is that it is going to REPLACE the coder.  Any thoughts?  ...

Editorial Regarding Outsourcing
Aug 21, 2013

http://www.abqjournal.com/211443/opinion/unmh-outsourcing-an-economic-decision.html ...

Outsourcing Signs??
Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone, new to this forum.  I work for a hospital and a lot of us are getting a bad vibe lately, we work from home but we are noticing little things happening, we keep losing our connections, Joblister keeps disconnecting and we are told the firewall is being updated.  Was wondering if anyone noticed little things like this before they were outsourced.  Thank you ...

Outsourcing To Nuance
Jun 26, 2015

Just found out the hospital I work for, along with the rest of the hospitals in the group nationwide, is outsourcing everything to Nuance.  Does anyone besides a troll have anything good to say about Nuance? And what is this "grid" thing--quality incentives no matter how fast/slow you transcribe? If you don't want their benefits, do you get more cpl? ...

Are There Any American MT Companies(no Outsourcing), Is So, Who Are They?
Sep 29, 2010

Is there a list of American MT Companies who do not outsource? ...

Outsourcing/offshoring Of Coding
Jun 19, 2011

I've been an MT for over 20 years and am seriously considering switching my focus to coding. I believe that I would be a good fit and am excited about starting a new career in the not-too-distant future. My main worry, though, is that in some of my research, every now and then something will pop up about coding going the way of transcription, and by that I mean all the offshoring/outsourcing that has been done, thereby driving wages down. Can anyone here offer any insight into this? I woul ...

TWITTER USED IN FIGHT AGAINST OUTSOURCING
Feb 06, 2011

You want to get your opinions about this travesty out use Twitter to do it.  I've seen several tweets in the last couple of months directed at the AMA about stuff like this. It certainly can't hurt to be heard given that they are followed by 80,000 people, right?  Pointing out the deficiencies & danger in outsourced work, identifying who the guilty parties are (Q among others), and why it's a reprehensible practice certainly couldn't do anything at this point bu ...

Outsourcing Companies Need To Be Regulated!!!!
May 10, 2011

With 12+ years in the business, 10 of which has been at home, working for at least 6 outsourcing companies..... I can say, for lack of a better expression, that the MT industry is seriously going to the dogs... changing each day, yes, but not for the better....  They expect you to work with zero training, not even a phone call to familiarize you with the system or account(s).  They pay by the line for training, which we all know there is a huge learning curve, so you basically make alm ...

RAPID OUTSOURCING IMAGING
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone ever pass the mttest for Rapid Outsourcing Imaging??? ...

HELP! My Hospital Is Outsourcing To Medquist
Dec 14, 2011

Hi Everyone - Question, my department of about 13 MTs were just notified last week that our hospital will be out sourcing to MQ. Now MQ was there and offered all of us positions. My question is, after looking at all these posts and from our own investigating, is MQ a good company or not? We are going from an hourly rate with the hospital to 9 cpl for typing and 4 cpl for VR and then 3 cpl for master editor or something. What we have found is that MQ is not such a "great place to work" as our hos ...

Overhiring Offshoring/outsourcing
Oct 07, 2012

The url link is a thought about where we are. It doesn't matter if we stop work, type one report a day, call in sick, because they have already overhired and they keep sending more and more work to India.  They won't even notice that we have not logged on to work.  Do it anyways, for yourself. It will be a statement about ourselves, for ourselves.  We matter.  I care that I have lost my income from a job I once really enjoyed.  I care that you cannot pay your ...

Send MT To Discuss OS Outsourcing PLEASE
Oct 16, 2012

because we could inform the President and all politicians how much income it has taken away from honest workers. ...

Cost Of Outsourcing Transcription
Jan 02, 2013

Interesting.   http://www.heu.org/news-media/news-releases/costs-outsourcing-medical-transcription-skyrocket-150-cent-just-four-years ...

OH NO--hospital Outsourcing To Nuance
Oct 15, 2013

Just heard our hospital is outsourcing 100% to Nuance. They are offering us our hospital pay for a while. Benefits marginal. I've read all the horror stories about them eventually sending all the work offshore and the US MTs making minimum wage doing all the worst dictators. Please tell me this isn't true. I've been with the hospital 16 years and will retire in 2 years. I'm so upset. ...