A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

any information on QMedET Solutions? - Curious MT

Posted: Apr 30, 2014

Does anyone have any information on QMedET Solutions?

Just started with QMed - so far, so good. sm - LifePostNuance

[ In Reply To ..]
I started a week ago. Line rates 4 VR, 7.5 typing (IC). Pay twice a month direct deposit with periods running from 1st-15th and 16th through end of month. Pay processed next day (this is my first pay period; from the impressions I got, I'm expecting to see my pay by the 3rd).

Mostly VR work, and straight typing is headed that way, too. This is my first VR job and I'm actually preferring it over straight typing. QA makes sense, is fair and helpful. You need to be software savvy as there is no formal training on InScribe/ShadowScribe II other than a brief phone call overview - if you need your hand held and are averse to reading software manuals/account specs then figuring things out on your own, this is not the company for you. I was patient with myself and considered my first several days as training, not expecting to start flying off the bat. My QA scores after my first 5 or so reports have nearly all been 100% with earlier learning curve errors being mainly formatting issues. I IMed my account manager with a question; she replied promptly along with a by-the-way "You're going a great job!" response. That was a real morale booster as I trudged through learning VR for the first time, re-learning InScribe with the ShadowScribe VR add-on, and, of course, a new account.

I'm on 1 account, 1 specialty, with a set batch of dictators and endless work (wow, a company that gets the key to productivity!). They only hire ICs, and I set my days and hours as I wished (wow - I have weekends off!). I set my hours to part time 600-800 lines per day, but I work as much as I want and my account manager is very happy about that. It's a big change from the time clock-punching, pre-approved OT atmosphere of employee status these days. Coming from Nuance, this place is heaven. Hope this helps - and hope I haven't jinxed it :-/

WOW! - Curious MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much for your reply! I was thinking of applying, but could find nothing online about them. They must have a lot of work, as they are hiring for virtually every specialty! I, too, am used to punching a virtual time clock and I always have a shortage of work! Just so tired of that! I'm gonna give them a whirl and reply to their ad! Thank you so much for all the info, it's so helpful and good luck! Hope you continue to enjoy your work!

You're very welcome; I'm tired of the hush-hush game we MTs often play... - LifePostNuance

[ In Reply To ..]
...when it comes to sharing our good experiences - along with a company name and details - with our colleagues. Maybe if we help each other land jobs with the better companies (instead of giving snarky "search the archives" comments in response to questions), then the crappy companies will go the way of the dinosaur for lack of workers. I'm glad you found my info useful; I'm not buying into fear of overhiring, or whatever it is some are so afraid of here, in sharing useful details in response to someone's honest question.

I tested with 3 companies in one week and QMed's test was the most time consuming. I'm glad I toughed it out. They want to see if people can follow directions, and I see why - as I said, there is no learning curve hand-holding. Again, good luck!
MANY THANKS! - Curious MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I SO agree with you! It's difficult enough to find work with decent companies and you sharing your experience thus far is so refreshing, not to mention helpful! I have sent them my resume and hope to hear back. I have a lot of experience and really need a job, I'm not afraid to work and I, too, think I might like VR for a change after so many years of straight typing! Again, thanks so much for all the wonderful information and I'll definitely let you know what happens!
I'm not really part of this, but good luck to you. sm :-) - Synernet MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I know it can be frustrating when you are looking for a job. My thought is that if it is truly a good company, there is no worry about them overhiring since that is one of my standards for rating a company as "good." Part of it is probably, though, that good is subjective. I used to love MDI-MD (before it was sold), but I could come on here and see others trash it. I currently work for Synernet, and I'm relatively happy. I won't gush about how wonderful it is, because quite honestly there are things I'm not in love with about it. But they have good benefits and I have a reliable paycheck and steady work, so it fits my needs. I also work part-time for a tiny MTSO and she has specifically requested that I not mention her name as she doesn't want to be flooded with resumes. When she needs someone, she goes to sites like this one and the other job site where MTs post resumes and chooses her candidates there. So ... if you haven't posted your resume, you might try that. QMed sounds good, though. If I was looking for a job, I'd apply. Again, good luck to you! :-)
do they hire part-time - oldanonymousMTfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Yes. IC, name your own days and hours/line commitment - LifePostNuance
[ In Reply To ..]
Part time is 600 editing, 800 editing/typing. Full time is 800 typing, 1000 editing/typing. You do have to give a 5-day work week schedule. I named Monday through Friday as my work days.
TESTING - Curious MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to have a general idea of about how long their test takes? I realize it will be different for everyone, but could you give me a general idea as to the time it takes to complete it?
Test time - LifePostNuance
[ In Reply To ..]
About 3 hours. It's been several weeks and I tested with 2 other companies in the same week, so that's an approximate number if memory serves correctly. As you said, everyone is different; I'm extra-meticulous when it comes to job tests and review my answers/reports several times before clicking send.
Good to Know! - Curious MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I tend to be the same way, very meticulous and it's good they don't give you a time limit. Thanks so much for letting me know!

QMed - busymt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all of the info on this company. VR is not new to me but Inscribe is. I currently work for Nuance and would like to try part-time for now and this sounds like something that might work. Is the platform cumbersome? Just curious since their line requirements are a lot lower than what I do now on a very cumbersome platform. Thanks again for your time and info.

QMedET - ICMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I came to QMedET from Nuance/tTrranscend.. This is the first time in a long time I have been happy with my job. I can't answer about the testing. I graduated from MTec and did not have to test. Everyone is very helpful, friendly, and treat you like a human. My accounts are both trans and edit. I am very happy and plan on being here a Long time.
more info on Inscribe platform - ncmt
[ In Reply To ..]
also wondering how cumbersome this platform is to work with Shadowscribe II, right now I work on somewhat very easy platform. Need a change and was looking at this ad also. TIA
Platform - EmDat Inscribe
[ In Reply To ..]
The reason the line count is low is because this is not a line producing platform. Takes a lot of effort to make money on this platform. Just do not make any mistakes at this place or your bubble will be burst, and you might get the boot big time. The owner is the best one out of the group. She is a really nice person. Not everyone gets the 7.5 and 4 so that was not a good thing to mention.
Line rates not a secret - LifePostNuance
[ In Reply To ..]
The owner held a conference call with several of us at the same time explaining contractual issues, including the line rates for editing and typing. Perhaps newbies get a lower rate than experienced MTs and the owner holds separate conferences for new vs. experienced, but it seems if rates were varied and secret, they would be stated on individual contracts and not announced during multiperson conference calls. Most MTSOs announce their line rates in job postings.
Once I got the hang of ShadowScribe, I now prefer editing over typing - LifePostNuance
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have another VR platform to compare ShadowScribe II, so take my opinion with that in mind. From what I've researched, it sounds like I could have done a lot worse as far as my first VR platform. I've experimented with the voice cursor and edit cursor, attaching and detaching, and for right now keeping them separate works better for me. Editing with them attached is considered an advanced skill according to the manual, so I'll give myself time then try again. I don't want to go too long doing it one way that I miss out on an opportunity to become even more productive once I get the basics down.
Agree with ICMT; going from Transcend/Nuance to QMedET is heaven. sm - LifePostNuance
[ In Reply To ..]
I could see myself staying with QMedET for as long as I decide to stay in MT (I have other job skill sets - as most of us do - and am not too proud to go out and answer phones and type letters, either). I returned to MT and was beginning to give up on it as a viable, professional field. We'll see what my QMedET pay looks like after several pay periods - that's the ultimate test. In the meantime, it's great to be communicated with/treated like a human and given useful QA feedback instead of nit-picked with trivial "a/the"-type sillness.

Platform - I'm fine with it sm - LifePostNuance

[ In Reply To ..]
I told myself that I wouldn't make any judgment until putting in a full 7 days on the platform. Anything can seem frustrating when you first start with it. The first 2 days, I found myself comparing the InScribe/ShadowScribe to Bayscribe, the platform I'm most experienced with. Bayscribe is basic with very few formatting capabilities (no bold, no underline). InScribe has fields that you have to tab/navigate through, delete, etc. I'm a lot better at quickly tabbing through now (several days in) and using functions for delete, indent, etc.

I think YMMV as far as how productive you are using the platform. The biggest productivity boost is being on 1 account, reasonable QA feedback, and being left alone to do the job!
WONDERING? - Curious MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I did respond to their ad and quickly got a response back asking me if I would like to test with them. I promptly responded back yesterday that I, indeed, would like to test, but have heard nothing since. Just wondering how long it took them to get back to those of you that are now working for them to set up a time for testing?
Response time - LifePostNuance
[ In Reply To ..]
After I got my invitation to test, I got a response the next day to schedule my testing date. Mind you, I applied probably within hours of their first job posting; they have had at least one other posting later in the month. I have dealt with 1 person as far as testing, training overview, and general questions via IM - she seems to wear multiple hats. I'm not sure if she's the only one who handles hiring or if there is another/others who perform the same functions as her, but I would be patient and give it another day or two then follow up. She was very good at responding quickly to my followup emails regarding hiring/start issues.

If you pass and are offered employment, there is a questionnaire that MTs are sent electronically after the conference call that asks when you can start. During the call, the owner said that if we told her we could start 2 hours from now, that's when we'd be on the phone with someone and starting, so to be sure of the date/time! I needed some time to consider other offers, but it was good to know that there was no monkey business about getting started working.
Platform - busymt
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks to those who pitched in with comments. I currently work on a platform that has pretty much has everything done manually. It is not difficult but there are a lot of windows to get in and out of to finish a report. Lots of places to log in. I am still in thinking mode, but will probably try for it. Thanks again.
Platform - busymt
[ In Reply To ..]
Forgot to add that I have about 19 years experience so the testing doesn't worry me. The ability to make a living does.
STILL NO RESPONSE - Curious MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I explained to them that I had a wedding to attend this weekend, but would be able to test as early as Monday morning. I even sent them a followup email today when I didn't receive a response to my email I sent yesterday. I still haven't heard back from them, but perhaps I will by the time I get back in town Sunday evening.
thanks for info-nm - ncmt
[ In Reply To ..]
:)

flexible hours - Milly

[ In Reply To ..]
Life Post Nuance, that would be me too. You said that you get to set your hours, can you vary this when you need to as long as you get in the hours you are committed to? I hated that about Nuance too. I hate punching a clock. I know how many hours I need to work and would love a company that is flexible about that.

Hours - I've worked whenever I want. Have to set a 5-day work week. sm - LifePostNuance

[ In Reply To ..]
The only required element was setting a schedule that covered 5 days in a week. That was a no-brainer for me - Monday through Friday. I declared part time, setting myself at 4 hours a day, mid morning to early afternoon, at the minimum line count for part-time (600 all editing, 800 edit/trans mix). However, I've worked any day and time I've wanted, including weekends and late at night. Work is always sitting in my queue (InScribe shows you how much is available - "39 items in your pool"), and if not, I'm a quick email/IM away from more work being sent my way.
WAITING TO TEST - Curious MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Waiting for my test date and am very excited! Would love to work for this company! Really appreciate all the info you have posted "LifePostNuance."
Good luck!! - LPn :-)
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm happily sitting here working well past quitting time with tons of work in my queue and a company happy to have me do it! Best of luck to you and hope it turns out well :-)

"LPn"
THANKS! - Curious MT
[ In Reply To ..]
That's wonderful and I'm sure a welcome change for you! It's so nice to know there are still decent companies out there to work for. I'll let you know how it all turns out and thanks again for all your help and information!
weird - curiousmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is weird that LPN is constantly cheerleading for qmedet...I've heard that the owner watches this forum. Wondering if it is her.....No one else is really singing their praises.

Similar Messages:

QMedET Solutions
May 19, 2013

Did anyone do the Go To Meeting with this company to learn about what they offer?  I would like to hear what they have to say and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to answer my post.  ...

Anyone Heard Of QMedET Solutions
Jan 15, 2013

Hi, has anyone heard of QMedET solutions and if so would you recommend this company?  Also would anyone recommend Nuance?  Thanks ...

QMedET Solutions Feedback
Sep 24, 2013

Anybody hired here recently willing to share their opinion of PATH and beyond?  Please provide as many details as you can, trying to decide.... ...

To LifePostNuance Re: QMedET Solutions
May 09, 2014

Would love to have an update on how things are going your second week with QMedET. I took the test, passed and am moving on to the next step. Tried to send you an email, but it would not go through. If you would rather email me to answer this question, please do. I'm very excited to move on to the next step with them! ...

QMedet Solutions - Has Anyone Taken Their Test
Jun 13, 2014

Has anyone taken their test and if so how long did it take to get your results back?  ...

QMedET Solutions: Need Current Feedback!
Aug 25, 2010

So, I'm an RMT with less than 1 year of experience under my belt...currently working as an IT on an account only paying .05 cpl and also another account paying .07 cpl.  Together, they comprise pretty much a full-time job for me. Meanwhile, I was just asked to test for QMedET Solutions and possibly join their "PATH" program for those new to their practices/platforms/etc. for .07 cpl.  Does anyone have any positive/negative feedback about the company, training program, accounts, ...

I Have A Schedule To Test With QMedET Solutions
May 01, 2012

Thursday and I wonder if anyone here can help me.  What kind of platform do they use and do you need MS Word 2003? Thanks! ...

QMedET Solutions - Anyone Familiar With Above Company?
May 15, 2013

Anyone familiar with above company?  I received an e-mail from them to join a meeting online  for a Contractor Information Call.  I can't remember sending them an e-mail with my resume, but I have been sending so many I probably did.  Should I do this or not?  Your opinion, please.  Thank you. ...

QMedET Solutions - Training They Offer Through Their PATH Program?
Apr 27, 2012

Anyone applied to this company and gone through the training they offer through their PATH program?   Have  never encountered anything like this and was wondering if anyone could share information.   Sounds really time consuming.  ...

Contact Information For QMedET?
Dec 22, 2010

Does anyone have the contact information for QMedET? ...

QMedet - Any Recent Information
Jan 14, 2014

Any recent information on this company?  Good, bad, ugly?  Just got offered a job and would like to know any information.  I hadn't heard of this company before applying. ...

Any Information On Transcription Solutions?
Apr 06, 2010

Specifically their VR platform.  Is pay on time/accurate?  How are they to work for?  Are you micromanaged?   Thanks! ...

Transcription Solutions.....any Information...tia
May 27, 2010

nm ...

Looking For Information On Integrated Document Solutions (IDS)
Nov 13, 2009

Hello.  If you have ANY information about this company, please share. TIA! ...

Any NEW Information On Superior Global Solutions Or Transcend?
Jul 14, 2010

Everything I seem to find in the archives is rather old and would like something more current.    Feel free to email me.  Anything at all on either of these companies that is current would be great!   Thanks in advance ...

Superior Global Solutions Information, Such As Benefits
Oct 08, 2012

information, such as benefits, ease of platform, pay, etc. ...

Superior Global Solutions - Information Regarding This Company?
Apr 04, 2013

Would like some information regarding this company.  How are they to work for, pay, work flow, etc.  ...

Does Anyone Have Any Current Information On Celerity Solutions Group?
Nov 22, 2013

x ...

Looking For Current Information On ATSI (American Transcription Solutions) .. SM
Dec 27, 2010

After searching the archives all of the information there is old and I would really appreciate some up-to-date information.   TIA ...

Qmedet Took Over TCI
Feb 27, 2013

Qmedet took over TCI... what a shame. Nothing is the same the account managers ignore you when you have a question or an issue.  I would like to know more about Qmedet but I am unable to located information... anyone out there with info? Please share. Thanks. ...

Info On QMedET?
Mar 11, 2014

This sounds exactly what I am looking for  - IC with line quotas rather than set hours.  I wonder how they pay and how they are to work for... anyone?   ...

QMedET - Any Reviews?
Mar 28, 2014

HI!  Does anyone work for QMedET?  How are they to work for?  They have an ad on MTJobs and I was just curious about them.  Any info would be helpful.  Thank you!   ...

QMedET Still Posting
May 20, 2014

was thinking about applying.  Would like to get info from those who are working their, would anyone care to share.  TIA ...

QMedET - Share Opinions
Jan 22, 2013

Anybody who works there care to share opinions on them, about how they treat you?  Thanks. ...

Anyone Have Info About QMedET To Share
Sep 17, 2013

I don't find anything in looking back a few weeks.  I know the platform, EMDAT Inscribe.  They pay 7 cpl during training and rates later depending on account.  Is there good work?  How much is VR editing?  Quality of VR reports prior to editing?  Thanks! ...

Qmedet: The Only Person Happy Is Lifepostnuance
Aug 31, 2014

I was doing research in Qmedet and found that the only person who seems to cheer lead for them is Lifepostnuance. I have had a tough time connecting with them and they are wanting me to do a lot of testing. I also saw that the owner posts on here and I am beginning wonder if the owner is Lifepostnuance. My experience has been that they are slow to respond... Anyone have some suggestions if I should go forward with the process??? ...

Hypertype Information - Any Information
Feb 19, 2011

Any information on Hypertype?  Good, bad, and ugly, pay scale, platform?  TIA.  I have passed the test which I took a little more than a week ago.  They want to set up a phone interview but I want to know upfront what current ICs think.  Are they flexible.  Do you have a schedule.  Saw through the archives that the pay is low but how low is low?  TIA. ...

Q-Med ET Solutions
Oct 09, 2013

Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I am in the process of testing with them and just wondering if they have a majority of VR, if they hire only employees, etc., how much they pay.  If anybody could give me an idea about all of this I would appreciate it.  ...

MagnaDoc Solutions
Nov 14, 2009

Any information on this company? ...

Precyse Solutions...how Are They
Jan 19, 2010

Just curious as to how they are to work for, their pay, their reputation, etc.  Any info appreciated. ...