A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Info on TransTech, Diskriter, SmartMed - VampCharms

Posted: Oct 24, 2011

Any info on TransTech, Diskriter or SmartMed? Tested will all 3 and am interviewing soon.  Need positive feedback as well as bad...Thanks

You need to look below for some recent posts on Smartmed. - onewhoknows

[ In Reply To ..]
That company has gone downhill for years. Lost multiple accounts, cut ALL benefits, lousy pay, no tech support whatsoever and snotty rude managers/supervisors. There is basically ONE account left, a huge teaching hospital. Tons of rules, which change daily. I wouldn't waste my time. I wasted the last few years there.

Currently at TT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
but in the process of looking for a new job, preferably something not MT related. I've been at TT for 5 years. Things were amazing for the first 2 years, and I considered them to be the best company out there. But since VR has come along, they have gone downhill just like all the other places. It's so hard to make money at TT. Their VR is awful. They have waves of high work load and then you find yourself running out of work every other day for weeks or months. Communication has gone downhill also. Good luck with your decision!

TT info - TTworker

[ In Reply To ..]
I like VR because it is easier than straight typing, but I dislike the cut in pay.

My take on DR - lilgexMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was with DR for about a period of 3 months. The recruiter, Danielle, was great; the trainer, Daneele, was great as well; however, all communication went downhill FAST!!! I had a difficult time getting in touch with my TM...actually I think she left and we were never told about it.

I was promised consistent work with OT offered just about every other day and, as luck would have it, I barely pulled in 15-20 hours a week. Then, when I had asked about being put on a secondary account...I got NOTHING...just, hold on, work will pick up.

It is nice that they supply you with all of the equipment you need to do your job, but I found that their Speech Rec engine didn't "learn" as it went along and A TON of editing had to go into those reports.

If the communication were better, the "abundance of work promised" available, and a better SR platform...I may not have left.

Best of luck to you!!!

Similar Messages:

SmartMed - Any Info?
Aug 16, 2012

Any info on SmartMed would be appreciated. ...

Diskriter Or TransTech - Opinions Or Experiences?
Jul 12, 2011

Have offers from both but have read pros and cons about each MTSO on these boards.  Has anyone worked for both and can compare the two, or does anyone have current experience at either?  I read the posts regarding the lack of work at TT and can't help but wonder if that's across the board or just a few accounts. Any advice, suggestions, experiences, etc., appreciated. ...

DISKRITER INFO?
Nov 19, 2009

Any info.  May be looking soon.... ...

Diskriter Info PLEASE
Nov 01, 2010

I'm going to apply with this company and would like to know how those of you who have been there a while like the company. Total honesty please. How often do you run out? Do they communicate well? I hate having to switch companies, but the work load at Webmedx has me extremely worried. I just want to work. I am a faithful employee and look forward to each anniversary with one company, long term, but I can't do this anymore. ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Diskriter Or Been Contacted?
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone have any info on Diskriter or been contacted?  I rec'd a call but we missed each other.  Anything, good or bad.  I am employed right now, but always on the lookout for something else or perhaps something in addition to what I have.  Also if you did apply and tested, how was that.  Please feel free to e-mail me, if your experience cannot be posted on this board!   Thanks! ...

Any Recent Info On Diskriter
Jan 17, 2012

Any recent info on Diskriter, good, bad or otherwise?  Thanks! ...

Any Current Info On Diskriter?
Jun 09, 2014

Did a search, most of the postings are pretty old. ...

Keystrokes, Diskriter Or Freedom Type, Any Info?
Dec 22, 2009

Need info on Freedom Type, Keystrokes or Diskriter.  I live in Okla and worked for a local service until recently. They downsized and cut the transcription dept. I now have a job with Medquist but can't get any work through them. Like most, I need a paycheck, not just a job title. I'm looking for a good company to work for who is honest and provides a work load that is not constantly running out. I've seen some good reviews on these 3 companies but any current info or opinion ...

CURRENT Info Re Diskriter? Any Decent MTSOs? HELP!
Aug 12, 2010

I've been contacted re radiology position with Diskriter.  All the info I've found here on the board is pretty old.  I'm really curious as to what current/past employees think of the company now.  Anyone done radiology for them? Wondering about ESLs, pay rate, flexibility in schedule, NJA - basically all the standard questions we want answered before we make a jump to a company?  Help!  I've been an IC for one hospital for over 10 years but but r ...

Any Current Info On Diskriter? Cannot Seem To Find Anything Past 2008. TIA. Nm
Apr 19, 2011

s ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...

Info On Transtech?
Apr 24, 2013

Looking for recent info on Transtech? Pros and cons? ...

New Info On Transtech?
Jun 25, 2013

They seem to be hiring for so many positions, any new info?  Thanks:) ...

INFO On TransTech Please
Sep 04, 2013

nm. ...

Transtech Info
May 15, 2014

Does anyone have any NEW info on Transtech.  All I see is from 2007, 2008.  I would like to know about work volume, pay, and how much surveillance they employ in order to keep track of every little thing we do or don't do, or are you pretty much left to do your work in peace? ... thx ...

TransTech-does Anybody Have Any Recent Info On Them?
Jan 12, 2011

I'm getting ready to fill out a TransTech application and am wanting to find out recent information on them.  I'm new to this site.  All I found was old info.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Recent Info On Transtech
Sep 26, 2012

Have things settled in with them having enough work?  So hard to make a decision on where to apply these days. ...

TransTech - Current Info For This Company?
Apr 02, 2012

I looked but do not really find much current info for this company.  They "seem" pretty liget with basic line requirements, decent pay for VR, good benefits, ect.  Has anyone worked there and been disatisfied?  Are there no work issues that mess with maintaining benefits? Just tapping on the walls before rebuilding. Thank you. ...

Any Info Out There On TransTech Medical Solutions?
May 13, 2012

Hello, I'm considering testing for TransTech Medical Solutions out of Houston, Texas. Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?  Thank you! ...

Info On TransTech Medical Solutions
Jun 11, 2014

Can anyone give me info, good or bad, on TransTech Medical Solutions from Houston, Texas? I just took their test and hope to hear from them soon. Do they run out of work? Pay rate? Anything else? Thanks for any info you can give. ...

Any Current Info On Transtech Solutions Out Of Houston.
Apr 23, 2013

x ...

Any Info On Transtech (Texas), Cant Find Anything Newer Than 2009.
May 26, 2011

Archives are only to 2009, cant find anything newer. Sounded good back then, how are they now? ...

TransTech - Couldn't Find Recent Info In Archives
Feb 27, 2012

Any info regarding how they are to work for, work availability, & productivity on VR is much appreciated.  Feel free to address anything else that would be helpful!  You're welcome to email me if you prefer not to post.  TIA!!   ...

I Need Info On Transtech And SoftScript Insurance (single Premium And Coverage).
Dec 06, 2010

nm ...

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Smartmed, LP
Jan 19, 2010

Does anyone have thoughts on Smartmed? Good or bad? ...

Anybody Know About SmartMed?
Sep 20, 2010

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Email me if you want. ...

SmartMed - Anything About Them?
Dec 13, 2012

Anybody know anything about SmartMed out of TN? TIA ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Any Smartmed Employees Here?
May 06, 2010

Wondering what everyone is thinking about the no work again and NO other accounts to work on. ...