A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CURRENT info re Diskriter? Any decent MTSOs? HELP! - SammyCMT

Posted: Aug 12, 2010

I've been contacted re radiology position with Diskriter.  All the info I've found here on the board is pretty old.  I'm really curious as to what current/past employees think of the company now.  Anyone done radiology for them? Wondering about ESLs, pay rate, flexibility in schedule, NJA - basically all the standard questions we want answered before we make a jump to a company?  Help!  I've been an IC for one hospital for over 10 years but but running into problems - they're downsizing, not as much work available, now having to pay for my own unlimited long distance, new platform that sucks, etc.  I also would love the idea of employee status vs IC, but so much of what I've read here on the board about all of these companies scares me to death!  Should I just stick it out where at least I know what I'm dealing with or make the jump into the great unknown? I am a single-income household and really worried about maintaining level of income. Further complicating things - I have mobility issues and unable to work outside my home.  Are there ANY decent MTSOs out there ?

I have worked there for 2 months now - Livewire

[ In Reply To ..]
and have not had any problems so far. I don't do radiology so can't comment on that but my account is a really nice account. Not too many ESLs and the ones they do have, haven't been all that bad. The trainer is awesome and very helpful. They are very strict about working your schedule which for me is EXACTLY what I need to help keep me focused and on task. Work load has been steady with maybe 1 or 2 somewhat slow days but then it picks right up. So far it was the right move for me.

Try Keystrokes - They rock!

[ In Reply To ..]
cc

Keystrokes? I've read negative info .. - SammyCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've read mostly negative comments about Keyustrokes here. What about this big pay cut and lots of folks leaving? Just curious .. Do they have many radiology accounts?

The negative posters rule this site, so take it with a grain of salt. sm - BoredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure I will get bashed anything positive is perceived as management or lies. I saw someone post that a few days ago and loved it so much that I decided to borrow it.

They are really a great company to work for. The pay cuts were only for employees who do not produce full-time lines or reports. I did ask my supervisor today if a lot of people have quit, mostly just to see if I can get one of their shifts, and she said not really, only a handful. Most have moved up to full-time or already were.

I sat in on 2 of the conference calls. The owner told us that they went to tiered pay rates rather than laying off all part timers or cutting pay across the board. I am full time, so of course I prefer that they did the tiered rates. If anything, it will make me push harder every hour so that I get more done. With my partner out of work, I will be happy to have higher checks.

Like anything else, there are those that look at a glass as half full and those that look at it as half empty. It must be depressing to be negative all the time, so I choose to be positive.
And yes, they have a lot of radiology, more than anyone from what I understand. nm - BoredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck!
Thanks for the positive viewpoint. - SammyCMT
[ In Reply To ..]
There does seem to be a lot of negative floating around out here about lots of the companies. I've already let things I've read scare me off from a couple of jobs. It is hard to sort out "sour grapes" posts from those wanting to offer helpful advice and true experiences with companies. I tend to be a "glass half full" kind of person myself, so thanks again! I may give KS a try. Still waiting to hear back about Diskriter test ...

I worked there for about a year. - mtmtmt

[ In Reply To ..]
They're as good as anyone else. They always left me alone and let me work, and I always had plenty of work, but the hospital account I was on was terrible. VERY heavy ESL. I left for purely personal reasons. I didn't like the Tues-Sat schedule, didn't like working holidays, and they accrue their PTO in a very strange way. You can't carry over any time from year to year, and it accrues at your start date, not calendar year. I was hired in October, so therefore I would never have accrued enough time to be off over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year. Anyway, I always got paid on time, never any problems with that. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Any Current Info On Diskriter?
Jun 09, 2014

Did a search, most of the postings are pretty old. ...

Any Current Info On Diskriter? Cannot Seem To Find Anything Past 2008. TIA. Nm
Apr 19, 2011

s ...

DISKRITER INFO?
Nov 19, 2009

Any info.  May be looking soon.... ...

Diskriter Info PLEASE
Nov 01, 2010

I'm going to apply with this company and would like to know how those of you who have been there a while like the company. Total honesty please. How often do you run out? Do they communicate well? I hate having to switch companies, but the work load at Webmedx has me extremely worried. I just want to work. I am a faithful employee and look forward to each anniversary with one company, long term, but I can't do this anymore. ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Diskriter Or Been Contacted?
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone have any info on Diskriter or been contacted?  I rec'd a call but we missed each other.  Anything, good or bad.  I am employed right now, but always on the lookout for something else or perhaps something in addition to what I have.  Also if you did apply and tested, how was that.  Please feel free to e-mail me, if your experience cannot be posted on this board!   Thanks! ...

Any Recent Info On Diskriter
Jan 17, 2012

Any recent info on Diskriter, good, bad or otherwise?  Thanks! ...

Info On TransTech, Diskriter, SmartMed
Oct 24, 2011

Any info on TransTech, Diskriter or SmartMed? Tested will all 3 and am interviewing soon.  Need positive feedback as well as bad...Thanks ...

Keystrokes, Diskriter Or Freedom Type, Any Info?
Dec 22, 2009

Need info on Freedom Type, Keystrokes or Diskriter.  I live in Okla and worked for a local service until recently. They downsized and cut the transcription dept. I now have a job with Medquist but can't get any work through them. Like most, I need a paycheck, not just a job title. I'm looking for a good company to work for who is honest and provides a work load that is not constantly running out. I've seen some good reviews on these 3 companies but any current info or opinion ...

The MTSOs Have Found Another Way To Screw Us -- Anyone Have Info On
Apr 26, 2010

Looks like the MTSOs have found a new trick pony.  They tried to screw Medical Transcriptionists out of hard-earned money by trying to implement line counts based on VBC (visible black character), but very few MTs were willing to accept that, so not many MTSOs are still trying to push it.  Now they have found their newest way to screw the MT -- “meeting quality” mandate in order for us to keep the minimum wage we currently make.  Pay is set at .09 for 65 char line wi ...

MTSOs Posting Jobs Ads Need To Be A Little More Forthcoming With Info
Dec 12, 2014

Would it be such a problem to list all aspects, including pay, in the job ads?  MTSOs, could you please not go on and on about how great you are and give us information we need so as not to waste your time and ours?  Why make us jump through the hoops of resume, application, and testing.  This is a very time consuming process, especially since we will apply to more than 1 job?  In addition to equipment needed, IC/employee, platform, shift, etc., what is your production requi ...

DTI - Any Current Info
Aug 27, 2011

Any current info on this company please? ...

Anyone With Current Info On K&R? S/m
Jul 21, 2012

See they are hiring but would appreciate any info first.  I've already jumped too quick into a company that sucks.  Thanks ! ...

Current Info On DTS-OK Please.
Aug 30, 2012

Before applying would appreciate info, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Thank you! ...

Any Current Info On TTS
Apr 23, 2013

Any current info on TTS such as line rate, flexibility, plenty of work, platform and what the accounts are like? Easy to make lines? Also wondering if they offer shift differential for 2nd shift.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is There Anyone With Any Current Info On TTS. Nm
Nov 17, 2013

nm ...

Current Info On ZNF
Dec 10, 2014

wondering if anybody currently transcribes radiology for ZNF and how it is going.  How do they pay by report or line and is it decent?  thanks in advance.  ...

Any Current Info On Med-Scribe, NJ?
Mar 01, 2010

Any current or recent MTs who work for this company in NJ have any info to share?  Are all their accounts now voice rec?  Plenty of work or still sporadic?  Have they added tech support for nights and weekends?  Thanks.  ...

Transolutions....any Current Info
May 08, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on Transolutions?  I checked the archives and I could only find posts from 2007.  Thanks! ...

Transolutions, Inc - Any Current Info?
Jun 26, 2010

Does anyone have any current info on this company?  I searched the archives but found only old posts.  Thanks in advance for your reply! ...

Any Current Info On Heartland?
Jul 24, 2010

Home office in Toledo, branches in India? What is it like for their American staff? Thanks! ...

Any Current Info On Archivus???
Jun 22, 2011

The usual...steady workload, reasonable pay, management treat MTs with respect, etc.  I haven't seen much info recently.  Any info appreciated! ...

Current Info On ETransPlus?
Sep 21, 2010

Is there enough work during 3rd shift? Is the platform easy to use and easy to get your lines in with? How is the health insurance? I saw the premiums for the different levels but didn't see what type of coverage this is (deductible, copays, etc.). I'm a bit worried that your benefits hinge on getting your required lines in each pay period.  I can see where this would be a problem if there was a shortage of work (the situation at my current job). Any thoughts would be appreci ...

Any Current Info Transportal?
Oct 05, 2010

Any current into on this company?  (Good or bad??)  Thanks for any insight! ...

Breitner - Any Current Info?
Mar 01, 2011

Just got an email that I passed the test.  Anyone have current info on them, do they have work, etc?  Thanks! ...

Any Current Info On Cardioscribes
Mar 11, 2011

Any current info on Cardioscribes.  Considering a position with them.  Consistent work, flexible, etc? ...

Keystrokes Info Please......looking For More Current
Apr 25, 2011

Have done an archive search but looking for more current info from people currently working or just stopped working at Keystrokes. What happened years ago really doesn't concern me because we all know how fast it changes in this business. Not trying to discount anyones opinion just want to make an informed decision based on current status of company. Pay on time? Meet quota? etc. ...

Any Current Info On Transolutions?
May 06, 2011

Hi.  Does anyone have any current info on Transolutions?  I've been offered a position with them, and just want to find out as much as I can before I accept.  Thanks!  ...

Zylomed Current Info - ESL?
May 22, 2011

I'm wondering if anyone has current info on Zylomed?  Is it mostly ESL?  Thinking of applying there.  Any info helpful.  Thanks! ...

Current Info On DTSOK?
May 25, 2011

. ...

Need Current Info On Inscribe LLC
Jun 02, 2011

I was considering testing with them and was wondering how they are as a company, what they pay, etc.   Positives and negatives?  Thanks!  I have seen older posts but nothing current (unless I just completely missed it).  ...