A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I need info on Transtech and SoftScript insurance (single premium and coverage). - Insurance is more important than line rate right n

Posted: Dec 06, 2010

nm

Insurance is very important nowadays, but even big companies are cutting. - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
Services never offered coverage, now the law cracked down on them way back when. I believe the law now says if there are 6 people who work for you, you have to OFFER coverage. Only for FT employees. Affordable or achieveable is the big question. If you can type like a madman and have no mistakes and understand garbage being dictated in seconds and only type for 8 hours a day, then you will be fine. But remember there is a higher out-of-pocket for mental health!

Similar Messages:

Transtech Health Insurance Premium ?
Dec 12, 2010

Hi, does anyone know if the health plan for family quoted for Transtech Medical is monthly or per pay period?  I saw for the plan 3, $500 deductible, $375 something and was wondering if that was per pay period for family or per month? ...

Insurance Premium Went Up!
Jun 16, 2012

I'm so disgusted.  I carry health/dental/vision on myself and my husband, and my premium just went up 30.00 a pay period...that's 60.00 more monthly!!  I pay entirely too much for just us 2 as it is, but we have need for meds, and being without is not an option.  My husband is in between jobs.  Just needed to vent.  Insurance just should not cost this much.  It's disgusting what comes out of my check!! ...

Groceries Or Insurance Premium
Aug 11, 2012

Thanks to open enrollment, just cancelled all medical insurance/benefits to keep $188 per month from being taken from my pay which is too meager to afford the insurance premium AND food.... ...

3rd Paycheck In July - Health Insurance Premium
Jul 25, 2011

Friday will be our third paycheck of the month.  They should not take out insurance premium.  Does anyone know for sure??? ...

E&O Insurance Coverage For IC MTs
Oct 17, 2009

Does anyone know anything about E&O insurance coverage for IC MTs and if it will be required by government in the year 2010?  A recruiter told me this morning that her company would require this coverage since the U.S. government will require ICs to have this coverage in February of 2010.  Did I understand her correctly?  If so, does anyone have any idea how much this would cost? ...

More Insurance Coverage Means
Jul 23, 2010

Sorry if this topic has been covered before, but I haven't been able to find a thread about it. If the health care reform means more Americans will be insured, then more Americans will be using doctor and hospital services, and there will be that much more transcription to do. Do you think this is right? Shouldn't there be a much bigger volume of transcription to be done, starting in a few years? ...

Want To Quit/insurance Coverage Q
Mar 12, 2014

Already checked with benefits and was told the paycheck covers the prior 2 weeks for insurance coverage.  If I quit does anyone know if my benefits are immediately stopped or if the company will finish out the month for insurance (or do I have to time it to allow $200 in pay for health, eyes, and dental to pay for the rest of the month)?  Really tired of this job and would like to quit by mid-April but before the 4/18 paycheck (which would cover 3/30 to 4/12) and the paycheck for the w ...

Family Insurance Coverage
Nov 07, 2014

Someone posted a message about a week ago that they were a single parent and could not afford the price of family coverage. Well, I am in the same boat. Family coverage with Nuance and most insurance companies I have checked out will cost me around 450.00 per month for just me and my son. But, I don't have to carry him under the same policy. If I take BCBSMA through Nuance and insure him under BCBSNC he is only 100.00 a month saving me around 250.00 dollars and month. I hope this helps ...

Medical Insurance Coverage Is Too Costly.
Jan 24, 2010

My new job has told me I am now eligible for insurance.  However, it is 227.00 per paycheck.  My last job in May, I paid 58.00 per paycheck.  Am wondering if they are charging me due to past diagnosis of early stage cancer or if this is what everyone is paying these days.    Thank you. ...

Supplemental Insurance Coverage Ends Aug 31
Aug 29, 2012

If you have the Critical Accident, Cancer, Short Term Disability, etc through Alpha Staff, it is ending August 31, I was told by a phone call to Alpha today. Have not heard anything from Colonial yet regarding a new policy. Just to let anyone know who cares. ...

Mental Health Insurance Coverage
Mar 10, 2014

If you would not mind sharing, I would please like to ask what type of insurance coverage you have for mental health, such as seeing a psychologist/therapist.  I live in Missouri and work in an office.  My son sees a therapist while away at school for depression and my insurance here will pay 80% - after a $650 deductible.  If you would not mind to share, I am interested in knowing if others have a similar insurance plan.  They say that mental health is not "healthcare," ...

Insurance For Single Person ?
Jul 28, 2013

I know it is not great, but I am coming to point where I have no choice.  Can anyone tell me what the rates are for a single person and whether it covers prescriptions/office visits, what deductible is?   Thank you in advance. ...

How Much Is Single Health Insurance At Keystrokes?
Oct 16, 2009

nm ...

Transtech Health Insurance
Nov 10, 2009

Can anybody tell me what kind of health insurance plan Transtech has?  Is it HMO, PPO, . . or do they have different plans to choose from?  I'm also very interested to know how much it is and how much the deductible would be.  I'm 51 years old, so good health benefits is very important to me.  Also, I would appreciate any feedback on abt other companies out there with great health insurance.  Thank's! ...

TransTech Medical Insurance
Sep 29, 2010

Could someone please share what medical insurance company TransTech insures with?  Thanks. ...

Transtech Health Insurance?
Jan 15, 2013

Transtech's ad does not specifically mention health insurance as part of their benefits package, does anyone know if they offer it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Does TransTech Have A Standard 90-day Wait For Insurance? Nm
Dec 11, 2013

xx ...

Does WebMedX, Amphion Or TransTech Have Decent Insurance?sm
Feb 06, 2011

Just curious.  I'm thinking about applying with them.  I have to have good insurance, and hopefully not real expensive.  Thanks!  ...

Adding More To My Plate - M Modal, Transtech, Accentus, And/or SoftScript
May 11, 2012

I looked through the archives and found not a lot current about any of these places as far as pay and how the accounts run (straight typing or mostly editing) So I am testing or interviewing with all of them right now to add to my egg basket.  Transtech offered 8.5 cents straight typing and 4.5 for editing, said it would mostly be editing.  I hate editing.  Wanted more straight typing.  Only really good thing I could find was the paying $40 for your internet after 90 days.&n ...

Softscript Health Insurance Contribution
Apr 22, 2015

It is unfathomable to me that as health insurance rises every year, this company goes year after year after year continuing the same contribution to its employees without even a tiny gesture to offset this.  And don't even get me started on how long it has been since I received a raise, let's just say less than 10 years, more than 7.  Last year I wrote a letter and they rewarded me with a bonus that was so indecently insulting that I almost sent it back to them (almost).  ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...

Info On Transtech?
Apr 24, 2013

Looking for recent info on Transtech? Pros and cons? ...

New Info On Transtech?
Jun 25, 2013

They seem to be hiring for so many positions, any new info?  Thanks:) ...

INFO On TransTech Please
Sep 04, 2013

nm. ...

Transtech Info
May 15, 2014

Does anyone have any NEW info on Transtech.  All I see is from 2007, 2008.  I would like to know about work volume, pay, and how much surveillance they employ in order to keep track of every little thing we do or don't do, or are you pretty much left to do your work in peace? ... thx ...

TransTech-does Anybody Have Any Recent Info On Them?
Jan 12, 2011

I'm getting ready to fill out a TransTech application and am wanting to find out recent information on them.  I'm new to this site.  All I found was old info.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Recent Info On Transtech
Sep 26, 2012

Have things settled in with them having enough work?  So hard to make a decision on where to apply these days. ...

Info On TransTech, Diskriter, SmartMed
Oct 24, 2011

Any info on TransTech, Diskriter or SmartMed? Tested will all 3 and am interviewing soon.  Need positive feedback as well as bad...Thanks ...

TransTech - Current Info For This Company?
Apr 02, 2012

I looked but do not really find much current info for this company.  They "seem" pretty liget with basic line requirements, decent pay for VR, good benefits, ect.  Has anyone worked there and been disatisfied?  Are there no work issues that mess with maintaining benefits? Just tapping on the walls before rebuilding. Thank you. ...

Any Info Out There On TransTech Medical Solutions?
May 13, 2012

Hello, I'm considering testing for TransTech Medical Solutions out of Houston, Texas. Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?  Thank you! ...