A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing? - Dazed

Posted: Aug 03, 2010

What are some of the best online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing?

curious - Viva

[ In Reply To ..]
CareerStep is said to be one of the best.

To curious - see message - Aspiring coder

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in the Career Step program, I think it's good. I can work at my own pace but it's very independent study so be aware of that. Andrews School is considered to be very good. AHIMA and AAPC also offer programs as well as many community colleges. It is really about what best meets your needs, there is no "one size fits all" situation. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Looking For A Good Online Coding College
Jul 17, 2012

After much research i had decided on taking coding classes through Andrew College. Unfortunately since they are not an acredited college Vocational Rehab will not help pay. Can anyone recommend a good acredited college or one that accepts FASA grants? Looking to take online courses or classes in Ft. Wayne, IN. ...

Coding Schools--online Or Local Community College? Andrews Or M-TEC?
Mar 24, 2013

Hi - I am struggling with what to do, somebody please help! I have read that Andrews and M-TEC are the best schools online.  I am just concerned that I won't do well without hands on learning in a classroom?  I could really use some advice from some people who have done the coding courses through these places? Which is the best, and how does it work exactly?  Thanks ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Online School For Billing & Coding
Nov 30, 2012

nm ...

Medical Billing/Coding
Feb 13, 2015

Does any one know of any good medical billing and coding schools online? ...

Transcriptionist Also Does Medical Coding/billing?
Nov 16, 2009

I was wondering if anyone who is a transcriptionist also does medical coding/billing.  I wonder if we are any safer with this field and what the pay is like.  It looks to be about the same from what I have found on line.  I have been doing transcription for 10 years and am getting tired of what is happening in the industry.  It is tedious, hard work to sit on your butt all day and only get paid when your fingers are on the keys.  I am thinking of working in an office or hospital for a chang ...

Information On Medical Billing/coding
Sep 08, 2010

I am interested in obtaining some information on the medical billing/coding certifications.  If anyone has class or school informaiton that is realiable I would greatly appreciate it.  I am looking for online certificated classes. Thanks ...

Future In Medical Coding / Billing
Feb 08, 2012

I have a question about coding and billing.  For three years in the '90s, I coded and transcribed for a small, rural, hospital.  I was responsible for outpatient, ER, inpatient, surgical etc. coding and transcription.  It was mostly ICD-9, and HCPC coding.  If I want to code from home in the future, what would you suggest I do, an online program?  Do you think coding from home would be an opportunity or do most hospitals/clinics/physicians require experience at a facility first, and wo ...

Coding/Medical Billing Jobs?
May 05, 2012

How plentiful are the jobs for coders and medical billers? Currently I am an MT but looking into other career options. Thanks! ...

Is Medical Billing/coding Also Going Overseas?
Aug 03, 2013

gotta be honest, i despise medical transcription - booorrrrring - BUT i still want to work at home. i know coding/billing probably isn't any more interesting, but because i still want to work at home, i'm considering learning it. does anyone have any knowledge and/or experience with it? if so, is it, too, also going overseas? are there any work at home jobs that are not going overseas? ...

Medical Coding And Billing Sites
Oct 07, 2013

Hello out there. Are there any medical coding and billing sites like this one. Any information on websites or where to look would be greatly appreciated. ...

MT Looking To Take A Course In Either Medical Billing Or Coding To Have Something Else For Training
Feb 25, 2014

I need to make a switch if I should lose my transcription job. Which would you recommend to get into first? Wondering if I should take a medical billing course first which would help me get hired somewhere else and does have a billing background help with coding?? I have a local vocational school that offers a medical billing course but nothing nearby that offers coding. Also I would prefer to do an online course and not sure which one would be the best. I don't want to spend money if ...

Medical Transcription Versus Coding/billing
Jan 18, 2010

Does anyone have an idea which career might pay best, medical transcription or medical billing/coding? I am curious about which pays best. ...

My Thoughts On Learning Medical Billing And Coding
Nov 09, 2011

After seeing the writing on the fall for MTs, I started school 1 year ago.  I am currently in an online associates degree program.  I am an on-the-job trained MT.  I also earned my CMT through a lot of self study and I work hard to keep that CMT credential (no bashing.  Needed it at the time for the job I had).  My college program is currently business administration with a completion in medical billing and coding.  I already know that to get a coding certifica ...

Bus Driver Said She Graduated From Medical Billing/coding School
Sep 25, 2012

and the reason she's driving a bus is because she hasn't been able to find a job as a coder since graduation. I asked her if she took her certification exam yet, and she said no. I didn't say anything but maybe this is the reason why she hasn't gotten hired yet. ...

Penn Foster Coding And Medical Billing Program?
Jan 29, 2015

Hello, Just wanting opinions/experiences with Penn Foster's Training Program Coding and Medical Billing. Thanks in advance. ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar Online
May 23, 2014

I received some information in the mail on how to become a certified cancer tumor registrar by training online.  That's a possible alternative to this work for some.  The website is ahima.org/crm. ...

MT Retraining Free Online College Courses
Sep 05, 2014

Here are a list of sites that offer free Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) college classes/coursework/tests online, some come with certificates of completion but you have to enroll by a deadline usually and once you do enroll you should treat it like a class you pay for.    coursera.com  Stanford,Yale edX.com openculture.com   Harvard and MIT  ocw.mit.edu  almost all of MITs course content is available online for free   Not all offer cer ...

Which Course Offers Inpatient Med Coding?
Mar 24, 2011

I am going to start a medical coding course at a community college but they are teaching outpatient insurance coding.  What do I need to do to be able to do inpatient coding in a hospital?  Is there a different test for certification for doing inpatient coding? ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Going Back To School And Getting Certified As A Medical Assistant
Mar 24, 2014

I have been in the field of Education for 23 yrs and have been an Administrator for the past 13. Due to the economy,  schools would rather hire those with no experience and pay them less than seasoned veterans like myself. I have 2 in college and a 10yr old I adopted at birth so I am far from retirement. I am considering going back to school and getting certified as a Medical Assistant (which would include Phlebotomy and X-ray tech) and Medical Billing/Coding or Transcription. I am currently un ...

Has Anyone Gone To Heald College For Coding Training?
Nov 02, 2010

I've been going back and forth regarding which school to go to.  I'd prefer to do online training but would still like to have an instructor that I could ask questions of, speak to on the phone, etc.  I live in California in the central valley, anyone who has attended Heald college for coding I would love to hear from them. ...

Future Coding Student...question About College
Jul 12, 2013

Ok, so I thought I had made up my mind on attending Andrews, but there is a certificate course offered by a local college.  This is not a community college but Kent State University.  Now I am wondering, should I try to go through their course to earn actual college credits that will be transferrable to a degree someday or go through Andrews where I know for sure they will prepare me for the coding certifications??  HELP!!! ...

Medical Transcription Course At A State University And A Med Terminology Class For MTs Thru Allied?
Jul 14, 2011

I planned on going this route in order to obtain a job as an MT. Do you think this is feasible? I would also be purchasing plenty of dictation practice materials. (Practice, practice, practice!!) Thanks in advance for your input!   ...

Coding Programs - Santa Barbara City College
May 20, 2010

I just registered for Santa Barbara City College's HIT program online.  Has anyone else taken their program?  I really needed to find a school that was accredited because I qualify for FAFSA to help me pay for it.  I looked into Andrews and also AHIMA, but all were WAY too expensive and you can't receive financial aid.  If anyone can give me information on the Santa Barbara courses, if you've taken it through them, please do!  Thanks!  (I'm ...

Billing/coding
Apr 20, 2010

has anyone thought about or actually made the swith from mt to billing/coding? ...

Coding/Billing
Jan 11, 2011

Anyone know if MedQuist has coding/billing jobs and would hire a new grad from CareerStep?  Thanks!  ...

Billing Vs Coding
Apr 05, 2011

Quick question - medical billing and medical coding are two totally separate entities, right?  Meaning, you have schools for billing and schools for coding or schools that teach coding OR billing.. Just had a discussion with someone regarding this and I would like to have my facts straight ... thanks everyone!!!   There are billing jobs and coding jobs, but the two shall never "meet", right? ...

Billing And Coding
Apr 11, 2011

I have a stupid question.  When I finished my MT course with Allied Medical School, I then found out they are NOT (federally) accredited, they do not assist you in finding positions, and they do not assist in helping you become certified.  In other words, I felt that I wasted all of that money.  As a newbe I was unable to find a job.  I started apprenticing with a company, paid their $500 fee for software, and after 8-9 months, found they had changed their name.  Apparently, they were getti ...