Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Worked for them a year ago - Amber

Posted: Feb 9th, 2016 - 12:39 pm In Reply to: Question about TTS Stopwatch - needtoknow

They did not have anything called a stop watch, but they monitored us to keep track of when we were on and off the keyboard. Upon hire, I was required to download Yahoo Instant Messenger, where messages would be sent while we were working if we were off the keyboard for what they considered too long. They only allow you off the keyboard, I believe for 3 minutes, to look up demographics, search for a doctor full name, etc., so the clock was probably set to allow 3 minutes off keyboard. I was allowed a 10 minutes off, on a 4-hours day, so all off keyboard time (bathroom, lunch break, etc) was monitored and had to fit into that 10 minutes we were allowed per day. If it took more than 3 minutes to find "Dr Pahdahrumpta (spelling unknown)in New York, you were sent a Yahoo message asking why you were not on the keyboard. This required stopping what you were doing to correspond with them, explaining why your fingers were off the keyboard, which was a waste of time. This oncology account was extremely micromanaged with QA making it up as they went along. Turning in a grammatically correct report was not good enough if it was not the QA person's personal preference,which was not noted in the specs, but I guess she got points for every "error" she could find. They required verbatim unless, so QA decided what should or should not have been verbatim which made no sense but scored her more points. The QA system was time consuming starting with a phone call, then repeating all the information in an email (to all), to which we had to stop working and reply via email (to all) and often there was a followup phone call after that if they didn't feel we had been sufficiently punished or didn't apologize for this "error". The process is a total waste of time as these reports are up to the client standard, perhaps just not the QA person's personal preference. They have an accuracy percentage you have to remain above, which I think was 98.5%. When I turned in a 100% correct report, it was judged only 89% accuracy due to not being the QA person's personal preference, even though 100% correct, per specs and fine per the client. Note my scores with 3 other MTSOs have been a 100% accuracy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)