A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT employment opportunities after being terminated for failing audit - BH

Posted: Feb 15, 2014

I was looking at MT ads and a lot of them only need 98% accuracy, but M-Modal had to have at least 99.6%, going to 99.7% soon. I wonder about different MT companies' thoughts on this - or whether I should even think about looking for future medical transcription work.

Do it! Why not? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The biggest thing I learned looking for another MT position is that the recruiters and hiring crews of other companies *ALL* know about MModal - they've heard IT ALL. They think the requirements of MModal are as insane as we do and most of them would loveloveLOVE to get their hands on MTs with 99%+ quality. 99% and up is considered top notch at every other company except MModal.

Try someone else - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
TTS requirement is 98% accuracy and you are not dinged for the "no comma" or not putting "a" I work for both Nuance and TTS and by far TTS is the better. Nuance has a higher percentage of accuracy required and with their QA it is next to impossible to make. I make no major errors and only get dinged for minor punctuation OR getting dinged for leaving more than the allotted 2 blanks which is absurd. My latest accuracy with TTS was right at 100%. I don't think I have ever gotten that with Nuance and TTS has many more ELS doctors dictating.

Try Someone Else - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
I was looking at Nuance and you are right about the QA. TTS, I did look at them but they require 250 LPH, and that is much more than MModa requires. In SR, with a lot of shortcuts and keystroke suggestions by coach, I was able to make more than 150 minimum, but I doubt I could make 250 consistently, especially with different accounts and ESL dictators. But I just talked to MModal about returning my equipment. They have sent the labels and I should get them tomorrow and they told me they don't want the footpedal back, or headphones, mouse, or keyboard. Don't want me to return the footpedal? These things cost more than $30 and they sent me another one (and headphones) when I went to Fluency. I figure I really should continue with medical transcription because of this free equipment I was provided.
You could do it - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
I had my doubts too. For Nuance I am only required 186 which is a combination of VR and straight typing. I find that the account that I type for is mainly VR and I was able to get to the 250 very quickly. I definitely have my bad nights where I can't even make 200 but it seems to average out by the end of the 2 week pay period. They give you a lot of support also. I really enjoy working for them. Also I have OT practically any time I want it on this account.

Did they actually terminate you for failing an audit? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Considering how easy it is to fail (I have failed 1 audit so far myself), they aren't going to have many MTs left if that's the case.

Failing an audit - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes. After you have 1 audit that does not pass, you are given about 2 more audits. One was 99.25% and another was 99.55% (which I think is close enough to 99.6%) but anyways all were slightly less than 99.6%.

I think I failed 1 audit and then everything was fine for a while, then they took me off an account I was on for years, and assigned me 6 new accounts all at once. At that time, I either had errors for client profile rules (because every one was different) or left a lot of blanks because of unfamiliar or ESL dictators, or no good samples. (Patient had no record of being seen before.)

Amphion is 98.8% - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They have a 3 strikes and you're out policy whereas if you fail an audit, you're back on 100% proofing for a week, fail again, 100% proofing another week (maybe longer), and if you fail a third time within 6 months you're done. I've gotten one failed audit so far and I'm back on track. They are hiring if you're interested. I, myself, am trying to get out of MT so my spot will open when that happens. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

My Turn!! Terminated My Nap/terminated My Employment
Aug 16, 2013

I got the call this afternoon.  Finished my shift, laid down for a nap and phone woke me up hour and 15 minutes later.  She was reading a script in a dismal voice and obvious what was happening, but it dragged on and on. Managed to say ok...   A little over 9 years.  Life as my daughter and I know it just ended.  Thank goodness!!  Moving desk out of living room not a minute too soon and maybe years too late. ...

Failing Audit
May 09, 2013

so, how does one rationalize getting 90% and 94% on an audit when there are 2 minor errors?  do they choose shorter reports so we fail?  will i finally hear from my manager after nothing for months over this? ...

For Post Below About Failing Audit
Aug 29, 2012

(not using my spellcheck - please forgive)  Recently I have found some interesting information on the internet - about how insurance companies are now conferring with employers on a 3- or 6-month basis to determine which employees are using excessive health insurance, as in if someone has cancer or is costing them money.  They in turn are letting those employees go in various ways.  Since insurance companies can no longer terminate policies or refuse care for people with preexist ...

Employment Terminated
Nov 07, 2012

I got canned yesterday for not making over minimum wage. I meet over the minimum lines requirement, but still not enough for minimum wage for my state. We had also been running out of work a lot lately. I had one verbal warning over the phone a little over a month ago, no written warning, and no "performance management," and was scheduled for a mentoring session later this month...totally taken by surprise. I was hoping to hang on until retirement in 2 years, but with the drop in pay, increase i ...

Failing Audit Stuff Has Stopped
Apr 28, 2014

that the failing audit stuff has stopped. Was this an effort to get us to slow way the heck down so they could lower our PTO rate? ...

Anyone Been Terminated For <98% Audit??
Apr 14, 2010

Good-bye ...

Due To "failing" Audit, I Am So Reluctant To Send The Report.
Feb 12, 2015

Don't agree with all the niggly points taken off, but I haven't spoken to QA because I have absolutely nothing to say that doesn't involve bad words and attitude. I have so had it. You want me to be Ms English grammar expert, but only for minimum wage?? Heck, I will do good for the past, and at the very least, be functional grammar-wise, especially with the dictation I get. I am also not going to spend my time off studying the AAMT BOS for minimum wage. I'll spend my tim ...

Job Opportunities
Nov 14, 2012

Congrats and good luck to all who have gotten a job.  No wonder everyone is out of work for so long.  These companies post  as if they are desperate, but never reply to resumes and testing, (even when you pass).  Love being an MT, just tired of applying and no response.  Too time consuming.  Maybe only companies really looking for MTs should be allowed to post on this site.  ...

Overseas MT Opportunities?
Jan 05, 2012

<sigh>  With the USA going down the toilet fast (see Military Detention Act), I fleetingly thought about pursuing something overseas.  I used to work with a lady who took a position in Saudi, Arabia. They paid to move her over there (into a dorm-type building with other MTs), where she lived for a year or two.  She was subjected to incredibly sexist treatment by the Arab men BUT loved it there and wound up marrying an American she met while there.  Of course, ...

Opinions Wanted On Growth Opportunities...
Nov 21, 2013

I would like some opinions on what you think about Nuance's claim of "Growth opportunities for those interested in building a career path in QA, training or management" and if you see that as a legitimate claim.  I know all the heartaches we are going through with this career, but I just wanted to see if this is something this company will actually do or just blowing smoke...  :o) ...

Alan Gold, VP Sales, Leaving To Pursue Other Opportunities
May 04, 2010

OR maybe he developed a conscious and decided not to be a part of the Evil Q.  LOL! ...

Failing Audits
Dec 09, 2013

Would someone please go over CPL lowered if we fail an audit?  I know it's already been discussed here but can't find it.  Thanks! ...

Failing Audits At M2 But
Jan 14, 2014

Fall 2013.  Just got my certificate in the mail.  Sometimes it's the only thing I feel like I am doing right.  ...

Age Detector Failing
Jan 22, 2015

It looks like my account turned on their age and sex detector for Fluency.  What a pain.  I'm on a children's hospital, so usually things are from the parents' point of view, resulting in a lot of "he" and "she" that don't match the patient.  I had to go through and ignore all of them.  What a pain.  I just got one with the age flagged as an error.  I checked it multiple times and what I had was correct, but it still picked it up as an error. &nb ...

I Am So Sick Of Failing Audits!
Mar 12, 2014

But, of course, I am above the industry standard. A couple of small mistakes I wonder how I made them, but I think it has to do with the mind numbing ASR. Most obviously taking more time in an effort to do better has made no difference in my performance. My lph was low too. I am so sick of this. I did not have these problems before I was transferred to this group. ...

Am I Actually Failing Every Single Time They Check
Jul 15, 2014

Or do they just notify me of the failures? ...

To Those Below Who Were Terminated...
Nov 04, 2012

Were you full time or part time? I see 120 LPH being mentioned.  I have always had a requirement of 150 LPH for full time.  Do you think they are targeting part timers? ...

TERMINATED?????
Feb 21, 2013

Tried to check my work email, couldn't log in.  Checked Ultipro and apparently I was TERMINATED????????????????  Who is going to pay my bills, my rent?  Thanks a lot MMODAL ...

Wonder If I'll Be Terminated Next
Feb 22, 2013

I've been working for MModal 2 years part-time.  Other than the usual stuff, they've left me alone pretty much.  Now all of a sudden I get an email saying one client complained I'm leaving too many blanks.  Recently, I  had about a week of horrible, scratchy, low volume dictations that were not even discernible in some places and I had to leave blanks.  I think that's what they're referring to.  Since then, I'm being audited every day, ...

To Anyone Who Has Been Terminated:
Mar 08, 2013

through an email or did they at least have the decency to send you a letter or call?  Or did you just try to start work and find yourself locked out of the system?  I know they have to at least send you something telling you about COBRA if you had health insurance.   I think my head is on the chopping block too, and part of me is really hoping that is the case.  There once was a time when I would have just told them to go _____ themselves, turned on my heel and walked away w ...

Terminated
Aug 15, 2013

I was so shocked to get my termination effective immediately and I did hear human resources would send me a letter but do you know what equipment needs to be returned. Just the computer or will they want the monitor, foot pedal, keyboard?  I am sure this company will want it ALL back but forgot to ask.  On the upside they pay you for the termination conference call. I always thought those terminated surely were not working their hours or had bad quality but I can assure you that is not the cas ...

Terminated.
May 22, 2015

Well, it looks like Nuance is starting to get what they want....giving out walking papers because of their "patient safety" bullshit.  I was fired today because of their new metrics scheme and the QA pend percentage being above the minimum when 99.9% of my pends were MANDATORY pends, and because of crappy audio, VR that had to be deleted and started from scratch and dictators that don't know how to key in the right patient info and crappy dictators in general and me painstakingly suffe ...

Terminated From Transcend
Jun 05, 2010

Can anyone who took the Cobra insurance tell me how that works?  Do you have to contact them to participate in it or do they contact you?  They sent me a letter today that I am supposed to sign and return and it mentions I have 60 days to sign up, but no more info than that.  Appreciate your sharing anything you know. ...

Get Terminated From TT With No Notice?
Jan 05, 2012

Anyone else just get terminated from TT with no notice? ...

Got Terminated Today!
Mar 28, 2012

Well after being put on  100% QA for 5 days, not passing an audit at 97.95% I was terminated today.  This company is unbelievable.  They not only knock you down, play with your mind daily, they set me up to fail,   I told them about this doctor that I had critical erros on, that she was impossible to do, that I had sent all the work they sent me for her to QA after I did my best to try and get it done.  But as I said I must of had 10 of her reports&nb ...

Has Anyone Heard Of MT Being Terminated After
Jan 15, 2013

TERMINATED TODAY
Aug 15, 2013

Yes, got the call about a half hour ago.  Guess I can collect now.  I know others are being fired today too.  Must say my TSM and QA were superb people and I know it is not their decision.  I will come back and say more later but right now I need to settle down and think, take a long walk.  There are other transcriptionist places I absolutely know will hire me, but I only want to work part time.  This stinks.  MModal is the most scrupulous, heartless, horribly ...

TERMINATED AFTER 9 YEARS
Mar 27, 2014

In 2005, I had been hired on by (then) MEDQUIST.  It was wonderful. Started at 9.75 cents per character line, 65-word, plus spaces.  They were 'glad' to get me.  I sailed along year after year, and they seemed to like my work. NO COMPLAINTS. I worked hard, then received approval to work SUNDAY for 24 hours and Monday for 16 hours. This was tough, but I had to deal with weather/power issues, internet outage issues and enough work issues. I was working for a large acct for ...

TERMINATED BUT STILL NOT PAID
Apr 04, 2014

How long did it take you to receive your last paycheck with the PTO. I saw it in ULTIPRO but not in my direct deposit? I was terminated Over 3 weeks ago????? I understand in my state, they have 6 days to send me my last paycheck. Should I contact the Dept of Labor in my state AGAIN???? ...

Webmedx MTs/QA Terminated - IMPORTANT!!
Sep 02, 2010

We can request a petition for Trade Adjustment Act assistance be filed against Webmedx because of the nature of this termination (reduction in force) and more than 3 MTs/QA were terminated.  Each one of you who was terminated: 1.  Immediately contact your state's Department of Workforce Services.  (A)  File an unemployment claim immediately.  (B)  Request that a TAA petition be filed.  Use the Atlanta location (Corp Office) and Pittsburgh location (Opera ...